Lybrate.com has top trusted Nephrologists from across India. You will find Nephrologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sandip Bhattacharyya
Submit a review for Dr. Sandip BhattacharyyaYour feedback matters!
I am prabhas. I am suffering from back pain and often full body pain even leg also. What is the problem I drink daily 3 lt water But my urine will atleat one time yellow and there is some kind of burning after urine.
I am 21 year old, I am suffering from very strong pain in stomach and urine blockage. As per consult with my doctor, he refer my Sonography report and said your kidney size is very big normal kidney size 10.5 and my kidney size 14.6 this is reason for your strong pain and urine blockage. Then I will take medicine regularly for 1 month but when medicine course is completed then pain start and urine blockage problem is regularly. So what can I do? Please suggest.
A kidney stone is a hard crystal-like material or growth that is formed inside the kidney or the urinary tract. The medical term for this condition is nephrolithiasis. Here are a few natural ways by which you can get rid of kidney stones without having them removed surgically:
- Lemon juice and olive oil: This remedy says that blending five spoons of olive oil with five spoons of lemon juice can be beneficial. Drink this mix on an empty stomach and after that drink a glass of water. You need to mix this potion and drink it straight first thing in the morning and again in the late evening. Make sure to drink a lot of water too. Proceed with this treatment for a few days until the stone passes through your urine. It is believed that the lemon juice could separate the kidney stones and the olive oil would help in providing grease for passing the stone all the more effectively.
- Pomegranate Juice: We have all heard that pomegranates have numerous medical advantages. Further, the seeds of pomegranates can be viewed as another characteristic solution for kidney stones. One can have pomegranate juice in order to handle kidney stones.
- Apple cider vinegar: Apple cider vinegar is made of citrus extract that could help in dissolving kidney stones and help the body pass the stones more effortlessly. What is more, it is trusted that apple cider vinegar helps in the avoidance of kidney stones in the first place by neutralising the impact on blood and urine and keep the kidney stones from advancing. This home cure prescribes that blending two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar with six to eight spoons of water and drinking the blend every now and again for the duration of the day, and particularly before dinner times will end up breaking up kidney stones.
- Natural Celery: Celery is a leafy vegetable and celery seeds are great kidney tonics. Customary usage of celery seed, as a flavour or as a tea, may improve the kidney stone problem.
- Coke and asparagus: Basic home solutions for kidney stones includes drinking a lot of Coke and tailing it up by eating a half-pound of steamed asparagus. Supporters of this technique propose that the phosphoric corrosive found in Coke helps in dissolving the kidney stones. Asparagus is used as a diuretic. Coke alone will dehydrate you, which is not ideal in case you are experiencing kidney stones.
- Uva Ursi: Uva Ursi is a very natural remedy for kidney stones. Not just will it battle off disease in the kidneys, however, it might also lessen pain and improve the health of the urinary tract. 500mg three times each day is prescribed for kidney stones.
Though these are Ayurvedic remedies, it is still advisable that one should not go for self medication and should consult a Ayurvedic practitioner to know the correct dosage and usage.
Hello all, I have a serious concern about my brother, can anyone please help me with this issue. My brother is 26 years old and he use to wet the bed once in 30 - 45 days. He does not wet the bed regularly. But when I asked him he was very shamed and could not say it to me properly. He said that he felt like he is in washroom and pissing in the comet. But later he noticed that that was bed. Till then it was completely wet. Is this because of any disease? Please suggest this is a serious concern as his marriage is fixed post 8 month Any suggestions.
I am 55 years old male and having urinal problem when I go for urinal that the ruin coming in burning and in left side of my stomach little pain last two days. What should I do?
I have over toilet going problem from 4 months. I have already shown to the urologist of pune. Also my all reports are normal (blood test) so what shall I do please help me to cure over toilet (liquid) going problem.
A kidney transplant is a surgical procedure that patients of kidney disease go through in order to replace a non functioning kidney with a live one that is healthy and functions well. Other methods to treat this disease also include dialysis, which basically is an artificial way of doing what our kidneys are designed to do. When dialysis does not work, many doctors recommend a kidney transplant. A replacement or donated kidney can come from a living donor or a non-living donor. This new kidney will mostly work towards keeping the blood clean, which is a function that stops when the old and diseased kidneys fail.
So, here's a list of five essential facts that you need to keep in mind if you are looking at a kidney transplant:
- Donors: While there are living and non-living donors, the doctor will have to ensure that your donor is someone who has no medical history of complications, kidney disease or any other medical condition like diabetes or hypertension. Also, the donor would have to have two proper functioning kidneys. Further, one of the most important factors is the blood group. The blood group of the donor and the patient must match for the transplant to be possible.
- Procedure: During the surgery, the patient will be under general anesthesia. The surgeon will make an incision in the lower abdomen area and the blood vessels of the new kidney will be connected surgically with the vein and iliac artery of the patient. Thereafter, any excess fluid will be drained before wrapping up the surgery.
- Rejection: The patient's body may also reject the kidney. The immune system of the patient may mistake the new kidney as an attacking body and its natural defenses may work against it, which will lead to complications. For this, doctors usually prescribe immunosuppressant medicines that will help in preventing such an eventuality.
- Longevity: While a living donor's kidney may last longer, a non-living donor's kidney will not enjoy such a long life. In such cases, a second transplant can be conducted.
- Diet: After the transplant, the patient will be required to go through a number of measures like coughing to show that the lungs are clear, as well as administration of fluids and some amount of examination and dialysis. Also, the patient will have to have a special diet that includes raw fruits and vegetables, and plenty of non-fat dairy ingredients.
A kidney transplant is a major operation that can change your lifestyle in the long run. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.