Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychiatrists from across India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ranabir Ghosh Roy
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Ranabir Ghosh RoyYour feedback matters!
Any patient who is having seizures or epilepsy should take medicines regularly. A patient who has seizures and on medicine should be seizure-free for a minimum of two years before tapering of dosage. Most of the patients who become seizure free for few months or a year tries to decrease their dose on their own and sometimes stop it, that increases their chance of recurrence of seizures. It's very harmful because it affects their natural history of the disease and the seizures which could be controlled on single drug become drug resistant seizures. When a patient is considered for tapering of dosage. His drug is tapered slowly over few months.
I am 42 years old male last 6 months I am feeling burning sensation & muscle pain in my body I am also suffering with high acidity.
Hello doctor. How to quit smoking completely i smoke 1 or 2 cigarettes daily i want to ask.How to stop it completely because i control myself from.Smoking but i cant quit completely thanks
I had been suffering from depression and hyper anxiety since long (2015). Now I am slightly better. But I am unable to concentrate on my studies due to hyper tension and excessive stress. I am not able to manage it on my own and I feel very hesitating it to share it with anyone. I had been continuously failing in the competitive exam because of this. Now I will give my last attempt of competitive exam on 18th Feb, after this I will stop appearing for any competitive exam. This is the last hope that I have. Undoubtedly, the time is less but I can crack if I come out of unnecessary fear and hyper stress. My mother also comes under stress very soon. So, I think I do have the same problem. I have recently started working Mon- Fri. On sat and Sun I study and do some exercise. But I am not able to overcome depression despite it. I am contacting you with the last hope that you will either prescribe some medication or something, so that I can come out of excessive fear immediately. Later, I will be able to manage it. Excessive Fear has hampered my life a lot. But I need something for now. Please help. I want to come out of all kinds of fear. Now 18th Feb will decide my fate. I am writing this message with a lot of hope and expectation. Please help me. I shall be very thankful to you.
I have depression since three years and I stopped antidepressants before six month. I am working in a college as a lab assistant. It's a less pressure and less hour work. But salary is less and my wife don't want to adjust. I get an offer from one company with good salary so I joined it just to test myself taking leave at current work. My opinion is to find some other earning source.
Sir my age is 49 I am habitual drinker and want to quite this habit request advice how can I stop this habit.
Depression is more than just feeling low or down. It is a serious illness that is caused by various changes in the brain chemistry. There are a lot of factors that cause depression, which range from genetics to change in hormone level, stress, grief, medical conditions and other life circumstances. All these can lead to depression and that is something which does not go away on its own. However, there are a few efficient ways through which patients can deal with depression. These are as follows:
- Exercise: Taking a brisk walk for fifteen to twenty minutes every day can be very healthy, not only for your body, but also for your mental health as well. Dancing, jogging, cycling and yoga are alternatives as well. Although, people who are depressed might not feel like doing any of those things, but one should try to do them anyway. Once a person gets into the exercising routine, they will start noticing the change in their mood. Deep breathing, yoga exercises and meditation can also help people feel better and less depressed.
- Anti-depressants: Three brain chemicals that are responsible for handling your mood are norepinephrine, serotonin and dopamine. During depression, the brain circuits that make use of these chemicals stop working properly. In this case, antidepressants can be very useful. These tweak the chemicals that run through the brain and help improve your overall mood.
- Psychotherapy: It is a method through which therapists find out a person’s everyday stressors. This therapy is a powerful treatment for depression. Combining psychotherapy with medications can be even better and more effective. This also makes the symptoms easier to take. When a person talks about his feelings and problems with a stranger, it can help him or her release certain amount of stress.
- Social support: Talking to a friend or attending group therapies has proven to be beneficial. However, it is important that the person you talk to is someone who you will feel comfortable around. Therefore, it could be someone you know or someone who empathises with you. This is possible either with your close ones or group therapies where the people you talk with, have been going through the same problem you have.
- Meditation: Calmness and meditation can help you channelize your positive energy and thoughts over the negative ones. It can help a person see new perspective, develop forgiveness and compassion. Much like exercise, meditating briefly can help you gain immediate effects. It helps a person get over depression. This happens over time. One might not be successful in releasing their stress at once. It is a process that takes time.
The treatment that you get for your depression will depend on the kind of depression that you have. Some might get psychotherapy while others might get antidepressants or for some, exercise could be enough. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.