Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychiatrists from across India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Ranabir Ghosh RoyYour feedback matters!
Are you suffering from extreme depression? Does your depression episode continues for a long time and makes you feel too tired to get out of bed? Chronic depression is capable of turning your life upside down, causing turmoil with all your activities, thereby, spoiling your regular life totally. At times, a person can get so drained by depression that getting out of bed seems impossible because of fatigue. It is quite difficult to deal with such situations.
Here are some important tips on how to overcome your chronic depression and get out of bed.
- Be depressed upright: It is likely to be driven by the voices in your head during your depression. You should respond by replying to the voices that you are depressed, but you are going to be depressed outside. This is important, as activity and depression do not go well together. You should try to stop your thinking totally and put yourself in an automatic mode. Preparing to deal with thoughts from before is beneficial. When your body is in motion, it is easier to deal with the thoughts.
- Try to make it to the shower: When you do not feel like leaving your bed at all, you should try making it to the shower somehow. Taking a shower makes you a bit relaxed and diverted and you can expect relief from your depressive episode. This is an effective way to get yourself up and running from bed, instead of isolating yourself under the blanket. Taking a shower might bring you some hope and encourage you to step out of bed and do something productive. Even if you decided to be in bed all day strictly, a refreshing shower is likely to change your mind.
- Bribe yourself: You can try bribing yourself as a reason for getting out of bed. You can remind yourself how good you will feel after having a cup of hot coffee, or how nice it would feel to listen to a certain song while going to work.
It is important to give yourself a purpose or reason to get out of bed. Many people believe that they might feel like leaving the bed in spite of being heavily depressed, if they had a worthy purpose. It is very important for you to get involved in something. You might hate a job, or hate working, but it will give you a reason to divert from your depressive thoughts. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.
Hi. My dad has bp and diabetis. He is always shouting, scolding my mother very badly. Ours was a happy family, after my marriage things have changed a lot. My parents quarrel a lot. I don't know how to solve this issue. Please help me. Also, my dad is not ready to visit any doctors, infact he doesn't take his diabetics medicines. I have got one sister who is working in different place. And my brother who is a government employee who is married since 2 years. My dad scolds, fights with my mother in front of my brothers wife. My brothers wife doesn't want to stay with my parents. So she is also making my parents to fight. Seeing this my brother is spoiling his health. He doesn't want to leave parents and stay in different house. My brothers salary is very less and he doesn't get is salary on time, it gets delayed by 2 - 3 months sometimes. My dad scolds my brother also as he is not able to manage home (as his salary gets delayed). My dad is still working, as he do not want to stay in home. My dad daily drinks in the night and quarels once he come home. I got busy with my work and family, I hardly call my dad and speak. Now my dad has taken all these things to heart and keeps telling me he should not have made us studied instead he should have kept money with him for his future. Now my mother is suffering my seeing my fathers behaviour towards her and my brother wife do not want to stay with my parents since they quarel and my brother do not want to leave my parents and live in different house. If my brother doesn't make a different house she do want to live with him. My brothers wife is mentally torturing him daily. I am in deep trouble, not able to solve these issues. Please guide me.
Hello doctor. i Am in relationship with a guy since 2 yrs. I love him soo much. Now he's not finding time for me in the event of his career building. I am feeling depressed. I want to overcome dis and also help him concentrate on his career. What to do?
Respected doctors, I am a male of 29 years of age, I am suffering from generalized anxiety disorder feeling like I am in a dream like state, light headed, foggy vision, stiff head, head feeling numb, depersonalization, tough to carry on life since 1 and half year. One of psychiatrist tell me that I had taken lots of medicine as I was hospitalized 3 times in a year and therefore depersonalised has taken place and feeling numbness in entire head due to heavy medicine and waves r feeling in my head. Eat healthy sleep healthy will create stamina and slowly your anxiety will be improved. Please answer.
I am suffering from sleep disorder. I am 37 years old my thyroid test reports are normal .I have real issue of anxiety and depression some it happened I could not sleep for the whole night.
My age is 33 and I am facing problem of memory loss and concentration towards work. Can you please help me in getting solution.
How can I overcome stress and strain after completion of my examination and at the time of releasing results.
I forget thing's that I did previous day I forget the task And I remember it after I get scolded Which Dr. To meet.
How im studying mbbs 2nd year how should I prepare from now to crack MD pg first attempt? How to increase my memory n concentration skills? Thanks.
Anxiety cure automatically or it will becomes a part of life. Because I am not taking stress but it comes any time and any moment. I do exercise and yoga. And I also take good diet and avoid caffeine. Then why it comes any time to me?
Sir, me ek ladki se saadi karne Waala hoon, engagement ho gaya, ladki moti aur mere jaisi sundar nahi hai. Uski English badi weak hai, spell mistake, me iss shadi ko rokun ya shadi karoon. Is ladki se jhagda bhi bahut ho raha hai. Respect se baat nahi kar rahi hai. Me future soch ke dar rha hu, kaise ise jhelunga.
In 10th class my percentage is 87%, in intermediate my percentage is 85%, in b. Tech I failed subjects. So please give me some tips to gain interest. And what food items gives more interest?
I love a girl from 3 yrs. But she doesn't love me. Now I am feeling pain. Sometimes I do bad work with my family. I can't forget her. What can I do?
I feel very tensed and my heart rate is 86 I am 21 year male. How can I reduce to normal heart rate?
Hi, I am student 15 years old And my father is not so good and he always angry on me and he creates mental problems for me. What is the cure? Please suggest.
I lost somebody close last year and since then feel very depressed and prefer keeping to myself all the time. Please help me.
I am 34 year old and have a 1. 5 months daughter. I got married 2 year back. At the time of marriage we were dating and at marriage time I was one month pregnant. So after marriage when we got to know about my pregnancy we decided to carry on this. So we stop doing intercourse. During pregnancy I gained 15 more kgs. All of a sudden everything changed with d responsibility. Bcz of lack of sleep and holding all financial burden alone my husband started sleeping alone. Now after marriage we never get intimate. We sleeping a separate rooms. N there is no romantic feeling between us. How we can resolve it? .
I am suffering from anal infection fistula and fissure . I am on treatment currently from my family physician but I want to ask one thing I smoke 4-5 cigarettes per day is smoking will affect my healing of this ?
Hi my age 24 year old think, I always look like feeling. And I don't like to love this world. I do no why? and I always feel so sad, I don't like to talk with anybody how can I come out of from this doctor? my
Do you know why some people accomplish more and generally are much happier in their lives?
The field of Positive Psychology explains this. Research says, one of the signature strengths that such people have is "Gratitude. Gratitude makes them take better care of themselves physically and mentally. It also makes people engage in more proactive and healthy way. It promotes the motivation for exercise, healthy diet and willingness to wriggle out of any negative situations in life. It helps boost your immune system. Since it makes you more optimistic and alert, you cope better with stress and feel healthier.
How to Have An Attitude of Gratitude?
1) Be Mindful of What You Have - Being thankful for very small things actually bring a great amount of joy. Have gratitude for small things like sunlight, rain, flowers, a cup of tea, a caring spouse, a child's laughter. It gives us the resilience to cope with tougher situations.
2) Keep a Gratitude Journal - Every night before going to bed, write down "What was the best thing that happened to you that day. It fosters better sleep and a sense of well being and satisfaction.
3) Reframe Challenging Situations - It's not the situation but our perception of the situation that makes it challenging. You can reframe your reactions and respond by saying that "I may have a very demanding boss, but I have become more organized, patient. It will help you to attend to your work and be cheerful.
4) Practice saying Thank You - It's very simple. When you buy a bus ticket, just smile and say 'Thank You. Feel the first raindrops on your face and smile in gratitude for all the life it brings.
5) Focus your attention outwards - According to Emmons, a US psychology professor, people who are more aware of the positives in their lives tend to focus their attention outside of themselves. They feel complete, satisfied and fulfilled in their lives and are capable of helping the less fortunate ones.
If you have any questions, please click on "Consult Privately.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.