Lybrate.com has top trusted Nephrologists from across India. You will find Nephrologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rabindranath Ghosh
Submit a review for Dr. Rabindranath GhoshYour feedback matters!
Preventive measures for kidney stones and other diseases like. Fiabities, asthma, red eyes an the major stuff the pimples?
Dear sir I AM taking insulin morning 45units and night 35 units Present report fasting sugar 190 and after meals 305 Urine sugar.
I have a problem during urinating, it is staring little bit late and it is not coming with pressure. What should i do? Please advise.
I am 26 old, suffering from kidney stone (Uric acid) since 2013. I have taken medicines regularly after consulting doctor but I am not satisfied completely. Uric acid increased at the level of 7.5, I used to zyloric tablets to reduce uric acid level. Please suggest me to control kidney stones and uric acid level.
I am 19 years old male and I feel pain in penis after doing urine, it happens one time each day. What should I do? Which type of doctors are for this symptom?
I am 28 years old suffering from urinary tract infection in regular intervals, at that time consulting a doctor and take medicine it will ok, please suggest me a permanent solution for this.
I am 26 years old male I am facing uti problem from 2 years I hv checked up with many urologist but the result is not good In starting I used to feel burning sensation in my bladder but now I feel burning sensation in my penis foreskin too and pain too please tell me any ayurvedic treatment for this
How to maintain the stones in the kidney. Generally all men's have stones but how to save yourself from unusual pain.
What are kidney stones?
The primary function of the kidney is to filter the blood and eliminate the waste products through urine. The waste deposition is sometimes in the form of excessive calcium, uric acid and other undesirable contents. It may cause the urine to get highly saturated. This is when stone-like formations take place inside the kidneys. Kidney stones are also termed renal lithiasis or calculi. There are different kinds of kidney stones, which are differentiated based on its varied constituents. Kidney stones cause excruciating pain and uneasiness. Frequent urination, extreme discomfort during urinating and presence of blood in the urine are some of the major signs of kidney stones. The symptoms are not evident if the stones are very small in size.
Causes of kidney stones:
- Incorrect calcium intake: High amounts of calcium can lead to high calcium depositions in the kidneys. It is important to keep the calcium intake moderate. Calcium supplements must be checked if you have already included dairy products in your diet.
- Abnormal rates of sodium in the body: Sodium, just like calcium, gets deposited in the kidneys.
- Excessive animal protein intake: Too much of animal protein intake can make the urine turn acidic, leading to uric acid depositions in the kidneys.
- Sugary, aerated drinks: These lead to undesirable waste deposition in the blood stream and eventually in the kidneys.
- Inadequate water intake: Not keeping the body well hydrated can cause the urine to turn acidic and increase waste deposition.
Potential risks and complications of kidney stones:
- Kidney stones may cause an infection in the kidneys which may eventually spread to the other internal organs and surrounding tissues.
- Kidney stones block the ureter and cause severe pain and discomfort that make sitting, standing or any other posture difficult.
- Kidney stones rarely cause kidney failures but the severe blockage and infection may cause such detrimental results in the human body. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an urologist.