Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. R K SarogiYour feedback matters!
Can thyroid be cured permanently by homeo or ayurveda, medication? I have thyroid problem since 6 years and have been taking thyronorm 100 mcg tablets to keep it in control - Thanks.
I have gone through thyroid test so many times and each time t3 & t4 is normal but tsh is between 30-40 which is super high. Is it due to any food and how do I fix it? I am taking elthroxing 100mg.
Why the body is swelling if TSH and Anti TPO is normal. I had test for thyroid disease bcz my body was swelling. The report says that everything is normal apart from deficiency of Vitamin -D. So I am not understanding if the reports are normal then why the body is swelling. It is swelling all around the body. Within 6 months I had gained almost 15 kg. So suggest me what to do right now at this stage What is the duration of swelling? >7 days Is it continuous or intermittent: Intermittent Is it on one side or both sides: Both sides Are you on any medications? No Did you recently get injured? Yes.
Sir good morning. .i am 60 years old. 3 years back diabetes started. .suggest me shall I take any soda like kindly or 7 up soda. My fasting sugar reading is 96 and post lunch is 135. Thank you very much..
Diabetes is a disorder that is characterized by an inability of the pancreas to produce enough insulin or effectively utilize the insulin produced by the body. Insulin is the hormone that is produced by the pancreas to metabolize sugar in the body, the sugar that is present in the food that you consume.
Diabetes is commonly classified into two types: Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes.
In Type 1 diabetes, the cells in the pancreas do not produce insulin in the required amounts; this disorder usually tends to occur in children. Type 2 diabetes generally occurs in people who are above 40 years of age; this type is characterized by an inability of the body to efficiently utilize the insulin produced by the pancreas.
How can diabetes affect your kidneys?
Too much glucose, also called sugar, in your blood from diabetes damages your kidneys’ filters. If the filters are damaged, a protein called albumin, which you need to stay healthy, leaks out of your blood and into your urine. Damaged kidneys do not do a good job of filtering wastes and extra fluid from your blood. The wastes and extra fluid build up in your blood and make you sick.
Diabetes is a leading cause of kidney disease. Diabetic kidney disease is the medical term for kidney disease caused by diabetes. Diabetic kidney disease affects both kidneys at the same time.
Signs of Kidney Disease in Patients with Diabetes
- Albumin/protein in the urine
- High blood pressure
- Ankle and leg swelling, leg cramps
- Going to the bathroom more often at night
- High levels of BUN and creatinine in blood
- Less need for insulin or antidiabetic medications
- Morning sickness, nausea and vomiting
- Weakness, paleness and anemia
What are the possible complications?
- End-stage kidney failure: If this occurs then you would need kidney dialysis or a kidney transplant.
- Cardiovascular diseases: Diabetics have an increased risk of developing cardiovascular diseases, such as heart disease, stroke and peripheral arterial disease. If you have diabetes and diabetic kidney disease, your risk of developing cardiovascular diseases is increased further.
- High blood pressure: Kidney disease has a tendency to increase blood pressure. In addition, increased blood pressure has a tendency to make kidney disease worse. Treatment of high blood pressure is one of the main treatments of diabetic kidney disease.
What to do?
- It is essential to get your urine checked at least once every year to detect signs of kidney damage.
- Some other symptoms that you may experience are swelling in the ankles, weight gain and a rise in your blood pressure.
- The first step to treat kidney damage caused by diabetes is to get your blood sugar levels under control.
- You should also avoid consuming medications that can cause damage to the kidneys.
- A kidney transplant or dialysis may be advised if the damage to kidneys is significant. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a nephrologist.
I am suffering from diabetes from last 12 years. Nowadays my fasting is234 and PP is 350. My medicines are zoryl mp2 one tab per day, and BGR34 FROM last few days,
Pcos is a hormonal disorder affecting many women leading to abnormal weight gain, high sugar levels and infertility. It is said even a 10% reduction in weight improves the overall condition in pcos. Losing weight is the only way to manage pcos and diet plays an 80% role in the same. Balance nutrition offers this online program for weight loss for women with pcos. Along with the diet, special super foods from the kitchen are incorporated to ensure you lose weight, correct the hormonal imbalance and regularize periods
What is pcos diet?
A typical low-fat weight loss diet like the simple 1200 calorie diet plan is not effective enough to promote weight loss in women suffering from pcos because in this case, weight gain is a result of high insulin levels that promotes fat storage in the body. Polycystic ovaries treatment and weight management call for a specialized low gi diet that includes selected combinations of foods that don't cause a rapid rise in blood glucose levels.
6 healthy food groups to include in a pcos diet menu
The following is a healthy pcos food list that can be included in the daily diet in order to manage the polycystic ovarian disease in a more effective manner and prevent weight gain which is one of the most recognizable symptoms of this condition.
Green leafy vegetables
The benefits of eating fruits and vegetables to lose weight are well known, but it also helps to control polycystic ovary syndrome naturally. Leafy vegetables have maximum nutrients per calories compared to other foods and also rich in calcium, iron, potassium, magnesium along with vitamins k, c and e and most importantly essential b vitamins which plays an imperative role in managing the symptoms of pcos. B vitamins especially b2, b3, b5 and b6 help in better sugar and fat metabolism, improve thyroid functioning and render better hormone balance, improve fertility all of which are essential for pcos management.
Green leafy vegetables for pcos
The minerals help to neutralize the acidity caused by inflammation and impaired glucose tolerance. Calcium helps in egg maturation and follicle development in ovaries; potassium is needed for fsh (follicle stimulation hormone) production. It helps to reduce pms symptoms and also promotes weight loss.
Brightly colored vegetables not only makes for an appetizing salad but also helps in controlling pcos and must be included in the pcos diet plan. Colourful vegetables are loaded with powerful antioxidants that help to neutralize the harmful effects of oxidative stress in women suffering from pcos. Coloured vegetables
Some of the healthiest colored vegetables include red and yellow bell peppers, sweet potatoes, tomatoes, carrots, eggplant, etc.
This is the next set of healthy foods that must be included in pcos diet recipes. Although most women suffering from pcos are reluctant to include fruits in their diet because of the fructose content that causes a sudden spike in blood sugar levels and consequently insulin levels, fruits are really rich in phytonutrients, vitamins, minerals and fibres so it should not be avoided entirely.
Fruits and vegetables
Include fruits that have low gi such as lime, strawberries, apricot, grapefruit, lemon, cantaloupe, guava, pear, oranges, watermelon, blueberries, nectarines, apples and kiwifruit and also eat a handful of nuts or seeds with the fruits for the much needed protein boost that helps to control the sudden sugar spike caused by fruits. You can also try delicious kiwi smoothie recipes which are loaded with nutrients.
Sir I am 21 years old female suffering from thyroid, so what are the prevention to relief from this condition?
Suffering with burning sensation when I take warm lemon water with honey. I am a diabetic taking two times glicomate sr 500mg per day. Energy is not sufficient with veg based. Food.
I am 53 years old. Since 2003 suffering type 2 diabetes. Super level always 250/350 stands. Human mustard insulin 40 iu is continue 16/22 point daily. How my super level will be normal? I am a business man with no hard work. M M Gupta Bhubaneswar.
You can enjoy your holidays like any other child.
You have to do extra planning,remember to carry your insulin with you.while travelling by air ,DO NOT store your insulin in baggage that is going in the un pressurised baggage area of aircraft as insulin affected by extreme of temperature.
Certain guidelines while travelling
Check blood sugar regularly is very important.
Stop for light physical activity.
Keep your medication ,meals and snack times as regular as possible .keep glucose tablets or other treatment for low sugar.
Take Identification that explains your condition.
I am 45 years old and suffering from hypo thyroid since 2005 and take 100 mcg thyoronom, but off late have been facing mascule pain some time severe in my both legs some time swelling is also there.
A pleasant mrng, sir, would you please apprise me about the symptoms of a diabetic patient & its normal range.
Uric acid is 6.1 and thyroid is now normal. And there is swelling on arms not on whole body. Can you suggest me what to do?
Impotence, also known as erectile dysfunction, is a condition in which a man is not able to maintain an erection during sexual intercourse. It can be triggered by a variety of conditions like smoking, intake of certain drugs, health disorders or excessive consumption of alcohol. Although treatment options like medication and surgery are available, there are non-invasive treatments that can help a person fight the condition.
Here are some of them:
1. Engage in a physical workout - Among the many types of lifestyle changes that could be resorted to, exercise is the most effective one. Exercising improves blood flow and blood pressure in the body, both of which are essential for getting and maintaining a normal erection for a prolonged time. Plus, exercising also increases the level of testosterone, which is a crucial factor in sex drive.
2. Follow a balanced diet - The food you consume has a direct effect on your health and subsequently on your sex drive. A diet consisting of fruits, veggies, fish and lesser servings of red meat and refined grains can decrease the risk of impotency. Also, a healthy diet helps to maintain a stable body weight, which aids in sexual activity. Overconsumption of junk foods can cause obesity and diabetes, which are responsible for impotence.
3. Get sufficient sleep - Apart from a host of health problems, lack of sleep may also you render you impotent. Studies have shown that testosterone levels of men who are sleep deprived are much lower than in those who get their 8 hours of sleep. A proper sleep schedule should thus be duly adhered to.
4. Quit smoking and limit your alcohol consumption - Erectile dysfunction can be the cause of vascular disease. This occurs when the blood supply to the penis becomes restricted due to the blockage and narrowing of arteries. Alcohol and smoking can be responsible for this and can be the cause of both temporary and long-term impotence. Therefore, it's important to limit your alcohol consumption and quit smoking altogether. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.