Lybrate.com has top trusted Ayurvedas from across India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Pratip Kumar DebnathYour feedback matters!
Recently I am having backache after lifting and carrying around my twin grandsons at home for a while. I thought that once I carry them about regularly my back muscles will get used to the weight and backache will fade away. But the pain in the back is persisting. Do I stop carrying them or take some pill to cure completely?
My weight is increasing day by day what to do. I am taking jolly fat go capsules but the result is not good. please tell what to do.?
What are the main causes of malaria and typhoid, fever, hairfall, dandruff, pain, joint pain, low eyes sight. So please can you give me the solution disease.
How to get relief in sore throat. I always feel problem in my throat like heavy. And can't speak loudly and I am using betadine gargle.
I am 20 years old male. I'm having some mild pain near left testicle. Same thing happened before and after some time it was fine. But now again it is happening. I am virgin. I have recently joined gym as well so is it also harmful? What should I do?
My name is mahender age 27 years, weight 97 kg. Some time back pain comes with heavy pain and I can't stand at that time what is the reason.
I am hair loosing quickly even taking lots of precaution. I used different shampoos but it was of no use. Can you suggest me what to do?
I am 32 years male and since last 5 years I am diabetic and I am insulin dependent but my sugar level is not coming normal inspire of regular walk and work out. Please suggest.
I am 28 years old nd from few days I hv urine problem like in few few minutes I hv to go washroom but urine is not discharging help me.
My uncle has a severe pain in a artery / vein from approx 5-7 years. The pain starts from the top of the head tll end thumb of leg. And just the right side only. Hand also pains. He has a EAR problem too. Doctor said its problem of neuro some says problem of ENT. He also has high diabetes, sugar and B. P. please HELP.
I have slept at night from about 11.30 to morning 9.30. Yet I am feeling very much sleepy and lethargic and weak. Wat to do.
Pre-diabetes is a serious medical condition which puts you at higher risk for getting type 2 diabetes. But, there are a number of things that you can do, changes that you can make like avoiding certain foods, controlling the portions of your meal and the number of hours you exercise in a week that will help you prevent type 2 diabetes.
Without pulling any punches, let us say this very clearly that any healthy changes that you make during pre-diabetes will save you from an extremely serious disease called diabetes which kills due to various complications.
Type 2 Diabetes and Pre-Diabetes
- What happens when you have type 2 diabetes is that your body does not produce enough insulin, the hormone that metabolizes sugar or is not able to use it properly. Your blood sugar therefore, shoots up alarmingly causing all the diabetes symptoms we already know of.
- Pre-diabetes is a condition when your fasting blood sugar level is above normal. It is diagnosed through a blood test after you have fasted overnight.
- Normal fasting sugar is 60 to 99 milligrams per deciliter and in pre-diabetes, it is 100 to 125 mg/dl, whereas diabetes sugar is 126 mg/dl or higher on 2 occasions.
- If you have pre-diabetes, your doctor will counsel you about developing a lifestyle plan to reduce your risk of getting type 2 diabetes.
- Most recommendations hover around losing 5-10 percent of your body weight if you are obese, more exercise and control of your portion size.
Portion size control for pre-diabetics
- You will be advised to cut your calorie intake by 250 to 500 hundred calories per day if you are overweight.
- Certain foods which are basically carbohydrates will go off your plate forever. Carbohydrates are high glycemic index foods as they convert to sugar very fast in the body and trigger insulin.
- This means sweets, rice, cookies, pasta, chips, desserts, tortillas and even a few fruits which are high in sugar like Litchis and mangoes have to be excised from your pre-diabetes diet plan.
- And, so should sodas, cold drinks, smoothies, fruit juices alcohol, tea and coffee with sugar…
- Remember, proper serving size is crucial to preventing full-blown diabetes.
- Let’s take a look at how you can do this as a pre-diabetic-
Essentially, portion control for pre-diabetics is geared towards managing
- Calorie intake, especially important for those carrying extra body weight
- Carbohydrate intake
Managing calorie intake
- Pre-diabetics should keep the calories from carbs to the minimum. They should get their maximum calories from proteins and fats.
- Which means their plates should have more lean meats and eggs, less fats and minimum amounts of carbs, like wheat.
- This has a number of benefits for blood glucose control. Eating more fat and protein-based foods will limit the uptake of sugar from your bloodstream. Fat is insulin-neutral and so are proteins. This means they don’t trigger insulin.
- Since an increased waist size is associated with decreased sensitivity to insulin, keeping your calories down by eating moderate portions of food is the best way to stop progression to full-blown diabetes.
Managing carbohydrate intake
- Pre-diabetes means that your body doesn’t tolerate carbohydrates. Think of it like this, in a meal, having half a banana is all your body can tolerate in terms of carbs.
- Use can also use the plate method which involves dividing up your plate into sections for different food groups. It helps you to keep control of portion sizes as well as helping you to enjoy a well balanced diet. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.