Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Prathama ChudhuriYour feedback matters!
I have stammering issue due to which I have to face a lot of difficulties in my studies. I am dental student. Please help.
Hi, I am suffering from chronic bad breadth, that is spoiling my happiness and hope in life. I want confirmed that this is inherited from my mother. I am third child two of my sisters don't have because I am a last child and I got this disease from my mother. My mother also having chronic bad breadth since I was aware please suggest me or help me to live this life and tell me the reason behind this. I am getting thoughts of suicide because no body could't understand my underneath problem of this chronic bad breath.
I am alcoholic person but last year I take some medicine for stop drinking but still it is running want to stop it but my mind is not help to out it? What can I do?
Last 4-5 years m in love With my clsmnt my parents are with full of support to me but her parents don't know about this Now her parents seeing matches to her any way she will be with me for 1 years more but I went in to depression that I can't do my own works even small works not willing to do anything what can I do to come out of this I have xams within 2 months.
Hello, I am 24 years old, and so far I have seen so many death in my family due to cancer may be because of that or what I don't know from last year I am felling that I am became more and more negative person. I never think in a positive way. One small fever also make me scare. Please suggest me what shall I do in this case to make myself positive.
I occasionally smoke and booze. I have medical test for SSC in ten days. Is there any chance I can clear it? And I have 0.5 sight too.
I think I he been facing some mental problem as my family says. Some time I anger to much to them. Using loud voice. I started to thinking to much about my future. My marriage. Started feeling lonely most of the time and started to find job to comes out from loneliness bt that one also not helps me. Old suggest me what should I do right now. M I a mentally seek person?
My daughter has ocd from 2.5 years. She has 16 years old. She washing her hand many times and she spending very much time in bathroom for bathing specially at night and sleep near about 12 oColck at night. I try allopathy medicines 1.5 years ago. What these medicines are side effects. Is cbt effective in ocd.
- Recognise the warning signs. Some days we are just on edge, and that's ok. But try to work on becoming a calmer person and try some things to help you chill.
- Annihilate tension with exercise. It's much harder to be angry when you're tired from a run, and any exercise will help reduce stress.
- Detox the brain. Alcohol, cigarettes and drugs can make us more edgy. Also ensure you're getting enough sleep.
- If you feel the anger boiling up, force yourself to breathe, count to 10 and smile.
- Do the things that make you happy. Dancing, art, reading, walking, or just jumping around to your favourite song may help!
- Seek help from professional to learn more strategies to control your anger
I am a computer engineer. I have a habit of smoking. I smoke 8-9 cigarettes per day. I have tried quitting it for many times but can't hold it for more than a day. I want to quit smoking.
Hi, I get fear in joining new people and want to stay away from the crowds and do not want to travel long alone or with someone feels like something goes wrong as previously a doctor suggested me to take feliz daily and Lonazep when required I just had 3 weeks and felt better but later I was not able to meet that doctor as he gone to abroad can any one suggest can I have the same tablets and how long shall i.
Since last one year I depressed much that I cannot spend normal life negativeness hopeless bound me I cannot study, I cannot complete my work in time. I always thinking about future so I fare which outstripped myself from the rhythm of life. Please advise.
I am 40 years old female. I hv to take thyroid 50 tablet every day. I feel it has v severe adverse effect on my voice. It crackled I mean I hv to speak deep down from my throat with strange and hoarse voice. Pl guide.
Hello I am 26 years old, in my 16-20 years age I easily remember everythig I read/learned, but now I forgot everything by 1 day, why it is happened? please tell me how to get back my memory power?
Parents sometimes tend to neglect their children due to various reasons. However, this negligence influences the children severely. It can affect the development, personality, relationship traits of the children. Every child needs care and love. Parents are naturally the closest people in a child’s world. Negligence from the closest people can lead to destructive character traits in their personality.
1. Attachment problems: One of the primary and direct effects of parental negligence towards children can lead children to be less attached with family. If a child does not get the warmth and care from parents, he automatically detaches from the family bonding and even does not develop the love and compassionate feelings for the family. This pattern hardly changes over time, and it can even lead to problematic relationship of the child in the future. The child may not be able to be close to his own children later.
2. Brain development: Children are tender and sensitive, just like floral buds. Every stimulus has an action. For instance, a child who is affected by malnutrition suffers from weak neural cells. This can be a reason behind weak brain functions. The basic pillars of brain processes, that is, thinking and logical thinking, everything is affected due to parental negligence. It may lead to low level of self-confidence, depression, frustration, anxiety and stress, troubled thoughts and emotional distortions.
Signs of parental negligence in children
1. Eating Disorders
2. Disrupted Sleep
3. Withdrawal from family bonding
4. Aggressive attitude
5. Bed wetting
6. Missing out school
7. Obsessive traits in behavioural patterns
9. Sudden change in attitude and behaviours
Every child seeks complete attention and love of his or her parents. However, parents may neglect them due to work stress, social obligations, personal problems and other such reasons. But parents should be considerate about the developmental barriers that could be posed due to this type of negligence. Some children also show eating habit changes, abusive attitude, violence or sometimes even plunge into complete isolation. While children require free scope to let their emotional and mental development boost with social activities, neglected children can withdraw themselves from social activities.
This means no friends, no social activity in life. This is a major reason for depression, suicidal attempts, deformed thought processes and misled lifestyle. As a parent, you can offer your optimum care and affection to your child to avoid such mental distortions, which can be avoided with love and warmth. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.