Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Prasanta Kumar PujariYour feedback matters!
I was slipped at floor 2 years back and got Head bump at fore head. Its looks like hard, strong. May be calcium deposit. No pain but it's hard. What is the Solution. My age 29y.
Dear sir,I age 39 from Chennai I have a left hand shoulder pain for the past 10 days. cant work properly iam a working woman. Please give me a solution Regards
I'm 38 year old. I have sprain in my right shoulder. I'm not able to sleep or participate in any sport activity due to the sprain in my right shoulder.
I am 25 years old. I have back pain. I used pain relief ointment. But no work done. What should I do?
I am suffering from back pain since 2 years. This pain radiates to the left leg and a numbness is also present almost all the time.
Pain in lower portion of left side ribcage since 2 months. Necessity or feeling to go to lavettory after intake of food. Kindly suggest what specialist I have to approach. Please also advice medical remedies.
After my 1st delivery there is pain in my back bone or hip bone and even I am losing lot of hairs and also my hairs are becoming white help me to get rid of this.Please tell.
I am 30 years old having problem of back-pain for 5 years. I have consulted to local Dr. , they give me pain killer tablet , and balm. I get relief only when I apply pain killer or balm. Is there any permanent solution for back-pain. Thank you.
I have a pain in my chest and in back and my bones are getting unbalance it moves from its position. please sir give me some tips?
I am a 24 year old male. I recently pulled a hamstring (or tore it, I am not sure) while playing football. Its been 4 weeks now and I have been doing the usual movement exercise instructed by my physician. I have been taking a calcium tablet also. But It seems like not working as the pain keeps on coming back and I am still walking with a limp. Anything I can do to recover quickly?
Patients experiencing low back pain are regularly recommended to a physiotherapist for exercise based recovery. This is done before a patient considers other aggressive options like back surgery. The objectives of exercise based recovery are to eliminate back pain, increase functioning and educate the patient about a regular pain prevention program for back pain in the future.
Low back stiffness is to a great extent dependent on the abdomen and lower back muscles. The abdominal muscles give support by putting pressure on the abdomen, which is then exerted, on the spine. This provides an external support column from the front of the spine. The low back muscles balance out the spine. Simply put, the hard spine and circles are surrounded by muscles, and the stronger these particular muscles are, the less strain is put on the plates and joints of the spine. The patient needs to develop a belt of muscles around the spine.
Most physiotherapy methods that are intended to treat low back pain and some radicular pain (pain extending down the leg), include a number of the following kinds of activities:
- Stretching: Appropriate stretching of the muscles alongside dynamic activity will keep up the usual scope of movement and give alleviation to muscles. These are the muscles that are gradually shrinking or are an ill fit from wrong stance or nerve aggravation. For some patients it is best to follow a stretching schedule that has been exclusively made for them by their physiotherapist.
- Dynamic exercises: These activities include the use of a number of activities that might include exercising balls, adjusting machines or particular balancing out activities. The purpose of stabilization activity is to strengthen the muscles of the spine and backing the spine through different scopes of movement.
- Core strengthening exercises: These are particular activities to strengthen the abs and low back muscles (erector spinae) to give the previously mentioned 'belt of muscle' around the spine.
- Abdominal strengthening: These kinds of exercises include sit-ups, crunches, stomach machines, and leg raises.
- Hyperextensions: These can be performed on machines or by lying on the stomach and gradually raising the stomach off the ground. This activity uses the lower back muscles to "hyperextend" the spine. Make sure not to do it with sudden jerks. The stretch should be slow and gradual to prevent ligament tear from happening.
- Lumbar traction: With lumbar traction, the patient lies on his back and is secured on a special table with a link or cable coming from the foot-end of the table that joins to a strap that has been set around the patient's hips. The link or cable is connected to weights at the foot-end of the table that gives a consistent and soft pulling power on the hips toward the foot-end of the table.