Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Pradip RaychaudhuriYour feedback matters!
Hello. I am 23 years girl and fond of sweetening. As now a days the awareness about bad effect of sugar made me to think about it's consumption. So please let me know that What amount of sugar should we take everyday. Without causing any harm to our health. What is the substitute for white sugar that is more healthier than this. thanks.
I am 35years old. I have thyroid problem. And I take thyroxine 50 every day. My weight is 70 kgs. My height is 4.11" I want to reduce my weight. I went to gym for a year but hardly could reduce 4kgs. Is there any diet or exercise with which can reduce my weight. Please help.
My wife has diabetic since last 10 years, she gets pain in the heels of the legs very often. What is the remedy?
You have not replied my question Whether Diabetic patients can drink honey, lemon, with water in the morning.
Sir/Madam, My mother is suffering from high blood sugar so I want to know what type of food or fruits are required to overcome this.
Hi am got bypass surgery on 2009 from prime hospital Now wanna undergo cataract eye surgery My sugar level is little high. Wanna control it.
I am 21 years old Male. I have thyroid problem. Today I went for test. In blood test, the result is 24.3 of TSH test. What does it mean? M I alright? Or not? Can it be cure with homeopathy?
Each tiny action we commit involves the risk of a condition, disease or disorder. For instance, sneezing a bit too hard can rupture an eye vessel, or having your face right up against the wind in a moving bus can expose you to germs. Diabetes is as prevalent as common cold in every household and there is no end to the list of causes that can make you suffer from it. While regular check-ups, medications, insulin shots can help you cope, there are certain measures that if followed, can enable you to avoid the risk of secondary yet fatal diseases. Diabetic nephropathy is one such condition.
When Kidney is affected to the extent that it cannot perform its functions(like excretion of wastes in urine, filtering blood from waste, maintaining electrolyte balance,etc.) properly, it is called as Nephropathy. The reason behind kidney damage could be many, but if diabetes is the prime cause, it is known as diabetic nephropathy in medical terms.
A few features of this disorder are as follows
- The kidneys comprise of several small blood vessels, which perform the function of sifting waste from your blood. Diabetes at an advanced stage can impede smooth functioning of these vessels. As a result, the kidneys malfunction or a person faces kidney failure.
- Nephropathy brings along some other health issues as well. A person's blood pressure may increase as a result, thus making him or her prone to heart attacks and strokes. Sharp rise in cholesterol and triglyceride levels has also been noticed.
- A doctor will check for the presence of a protein called albumin in the patient's urine to know if you suffer from nephropathy or not. Other tests to determine the functioning of kidneys are - S.Creatinine, eGFR, Albumin/Creatinine Ratio (ACR), 24 Hour Urine Protein, Renal Function Tests, etc. A diabetic person should therefore go in for yearly tests.
In a given situation such as this, dialysis or kidney transplant comes to your aid. Both are done when kidney functions are irreversibly damaged. Dialysis can be of two kinds; Hemodialysis or Peritoneal dialysis. Dialysis (also called as Renal Replacement Therapy) remedies kidney damage and kidney failure by using a machine to extract salts, wastes and other fluids in excess from the blood to let your blood have a healthy composition. Dialysis should only be done under the supervision of an experienced nephrologist for best results.
My patient is 68 years old female. She is diabetic, Has right side paralysis and plate is placed in the right thigh as she slipped in bathroom and broker her thigh bone. Now there is always pus after interval of month at the place where plate is situated. As per x-ray bone is fixed now. Please suggest what to do.
My wife suffers from hypothyroidism with c reactive protien positive and anti tpo to a level of 700. Can she ever get pregnant and if so then how do we plan it?
Sir, I had tested for 11.1 h1a1bc and fasting of 198 and PPF of 298. Then doctor started insulin dosage from 20 units a day to 36 units a day. Once I got hypoglycemia when doctor increased to 40 units a day. Later doctor advised me to reduce to 36 a day. Later readings came below 110 fasting. Doctor advised me to go for C-PEPTIDE test and GD antibodies 65 test. I had 3.5 ng/ml (reference level 1.1- 4.5 ng/ml) for C-PEPTIDE and GD 1.64 (Ref < 10.00). My question is that I have stopped taking medications after these tests. Now I have readings of less than 100 and less than 140 after 2 hrs after eating. I just want to know. Is it possible that this will happen for anyone. My age is 36 yrs. I am doing exercise and on a normal diet. please advise.
I am23 years old male suffering from hypothyroidism. What are the things one should do or not do in hypothyroidism?
I am 35 years old Having hypothyroidism. Having swelling on face and also Gaining weight. Suggest remedy.
I am diabetic and have thyroid I am loosing weight my weight was 78 kgs before 4 years last year came down to 74 kgs recently checked it came down to 71 is it healthy? My sugar levels are before breakfast will be around 98 to 103 After food it will be around 140 My tech are normal My height is 5.10 feet I take daily before food Gemer 2 mg Telmisat 40 mg and thyronorm 75 Night I take tab gluconorm I have sever gastritis Is losing weight is healthy or nor.
I am having pain in right lower abdomen, I have done health checkup from repudiated hospital in Mumbai including sonography nothing was detected, however Uric acid was somewhat high, Hence Family Physician prescribed Feburic40 for 3 month subsequent to the course the Uric Acid level was normalized. Still the Pain in Right Lower abdomen continues. Urine normal, Stool Normal.
Ayurveda, the traditional way of healing is known to be a crucial and effectual therapy for a lot of ailments. Since the primitive ages, mankind has been approaching Ayurveda for remedial purposes and in most instances have reaped fruitful results. Ayurveda seeks to heal diseases using natural herbs that are said to resonate well with the four elemental constituents of beings, i.e air, water, earth and fire. Ayurveda uses myriad herbs and natural ingredients in a unique proportion to impart physical as well as spiritual wellness. One of the most common and yet fairly formidable disease plaguing modern lives is diabetes, induced by imbalance in the blood sugar levels in the human body.
Ayurveda recommends the use of a few select herbs to control and alleviate the blood sugar imbalance.
- Gymnema Leaf: Indigenously called gurmar, Gymnema leaves regulate the insulin level in our body. It not only prevents absorption of sugar in the intestine, but also stimulates cell growth in the pancreas. As a consequence, the insulin levels in the body is maintained and the blood sugar problems get neutralized.
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon is replete with polyphenols that trigger off a healthy count of insulin secretion. Cinnamon has other beneficial properties as well. Whether consumed as tea or sprinkled on food as a flavor, Cinnamon can be instrumental in combatting blood sugar imbalance.
- Fenugreek seeds: A common find in most Indian kitchens, Fenugreek seeds are well known for their health advantages. Its pungent sweet flavor adds to the taste of many dishes. But most importantly, fenugreek seeds extensively keep the blood sugar level in control.
- Basil Leaf: Basil leaves are one of the most commonly used natural remedies for a wide range of diseases. The basil extracts are used in various food items and are extremely effective in curbing the excessive presence of blood sugar in the body. In general as well, basil leaves regulate the metabolism to a large extent.
- Coccinia Indica: This herb protects the vital organs from any damage caused due to diabetes. It stabilizes the breakdown of starch in the body.
- Azadirachta Indica: Common known as Neem, this herb is perhaps an indomitable medicine for increasing glucose tolerance. Neem is also used in allopathic medication on account of its various healing qualities. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.