Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Pradip RaychaudhuriYour feedback matters!
My grandmother is suffering from diabetes and her sugar level keeps fluctuating. She often has joints pain and it creates problem for her while walking and working at home.
Do we have any medicine to cure diabetic, Today I have checked my blood in the morning I found 170 in fasting. Please suggest to cure this diabetes.
I am a 45 years old. I am diabetic as well as have sugar problem. Can you suggest some foods or medicine so there will be less problems.
I am 8 weeks pregnant. I am having thyroid. I had my tsh 10.1. So I started taking 150 mcg. (Earlier I used to take 88 mcg) After 10 days my tsh level dropped to 3.5 but t4 level increased to 13.1. Should I continue with 150 mcg or should I minimize dosage. Kindly help.
I am 71 yrs 5ft 8 in weight 90 kg am suffering from diabetic for last 5 yrs lately I find that sole of both my feet become numb when I get up in the morning and also my right heel is very painful please advice what I should do ?
For last 7 years my blood sugar (fasting) varies from 125 to155 & pp varies from 137 to 175. I take normal food & sugarless black tea. Age 68yrs. No doctor recommended me any medicine but suggested some advise which I follow. Kindly give your recommendation.
My daughter suffering from thyroid last 2yrs, his age on 11yrs, so pl suggest me which medicine take in homeopathic.
My mother is suffering from Payeria problem since 1 year. She used to take the extracts of Guava Leaf for this problem. But then also she is not getting any relief. She is also suffering from Thyroid problems and having low blood pressure. She is taking thyronorm 50mg and Folvite Tablets 5mg. Please guide me how to prevent from these. She is 45 years old. Hoping for your kind and immediate response.
I am 42 years old. My body weight around 95 kgs. I am last 4 years sugar patient. I am regularly excise for gym and waking daily. I am no tea, coffee, drink, smook but I am non-veg weekly twice. (chicken, egg & fish only). My sugar before 140 to 150, after 275 to 295 puls or mines. Basically my father & mother sugar patient. Please your suggession and remidy.
Dear Dr. I am taking metformin hydrochloride 750 twice a day, irbesartan hydrochloride 12.5mg, atorvastatin 20mg, loric 100mg daily one My lipoprotein (a) is35.5 HDL is31 LDL is 73 Monocytes is 0.15 Basophils is 0.01 Red cell distribution width-SD (RDW-SD) 57.1 RDW-CV 15.3 PDW- 17.1 PLCR- 45.2 MCHC- 28.2 ABG-140 Please suggest me what to do.
I am 67 years old female with diabetes. I have been on medication for the past five years. One tablet of Zoryl M 2 twice a day. My reading till six months ago were quite under control - Fasting 100- 110 .PP 130 - 150, For the past few months the fasting id going up to 130 and has me concerned. All other parameters are fine as I test twice a year. I am not obese and eat quite sensibly. Any suggestions? No diabetes in my family or any other disease.
My father is 51 years diabetic patient whose blood sugar is always high in both sugar levels and use to take insulin dose of 30 in morning and evening. For last couple of months he is always suffering from motion/ vomiting/gastric problem. He don't smoke and drink his weight is 70 kgs I want to know good healthy diet and medication because he is becoming very weak energy less person.
I am suffering from Hypothyroidism since 1 year and it is getting bad day by day. I want some diet chart and foods that are to be strictly avoided.
Diabetes is a gnawing problem that affects millions throughout the world. It is a disorder that if overlooked can lead to serious diseases; cardiovascular ailments, problems related to vision, kidney problems and many more. While medication tries to regulate your blood sugar levels, it is not always unfailing. Medication along with changes in your diet and lifestyle can still not improve your condition in certain cases. At times it is hard to increase the insulin production in a person's body even after administering medicines solely known for their efficacy. Such kind of diabetic patients can therefore benefit from a Bariatric surgery.
What is a Bariatric surgery?
Bariatric surgery doesn't refer to a single operative method. It involves a host of surgical procedures conducted on a person to rid him or her of obesity. Obesity in combination with diabetes can make a person's life miserable. The treatment of one can come in the way of curing the other. A diabetic patient who also suffers from obesity usually finds it hard to lose weight in spite of exercising or being on diet. Surgery comes to their rescue. This kind of surgery should be fallen back upon as the lender of last resort that is to say when other solutions have not helped. Bariatric surgery is always performed under skilled supervision. It might include reduction of the size of your stomach, removal of a portion of the stomach, or even gastric bypass surgery.
How does Bariatric surgery help reduce Diabetes?
Diabetes can be of three basic kinds;
- Type 1 diabetes in which the body produces no amount of insulin.
- Type 2 diabetes in which the body produces an insufficient amount of insulin
- Gestational diabetes that pregnant women tend to contract.
Bariatric surgery proves to be very advantageous for patients of Type 2 diabetes:
- Surgery lowers blood sugar levels considerably. Research shows people with acute diabetes made huge improvements after having undergone a Bariatric surgery. Their blood sugar levels dropped by a noticeable percentage and they felt healthier. Reduced blood sugar is an almost immediate effect in some while for others it does take some time.
- Bariatric surgery exercises a control over cholesterol, blood pressure and triglyceride levels.
- The impressive benefits of this operation for a Type 2 diabetes patient are not superficial or temporary. If the patient adheres to the lifestyle prescribed by a doctor, takes medication regularly and follows the basics of post operative care he or she is likely to remain beyond the ambit of this metabolic disorder.
- It successfully takes care of ailments resulting from diabetes.
- Bariatric surgery can eliminate the need for medication or it can reduce the dosage of medicines you take.
Sugar addiction is basically a relentless sugar craving that is triggered in the brain due to mental hunger or an inherent sweet tooth. Yet, excessive sugar is not a good thing in the long run. It can lead to diabetes and various other issues like high cholesterol, hypertension, and obesity. Also, people whose grandparents have suffered from diabetes need to be especially careful of such sweet cravings as it may trigger the same problem in them too. So how can you cut sugar out of your life? Here's a list of tips.
- Detox or Gradual Scaling Down: While many people are in favour of gradually scaling down your sugar intake and slowly cutting it out of your life in a matter of weeks and months, there are experts who believe in stopping intake of it. A clean break from sugar is said to have a beneficial detox like effect on the brain and body. Many experts recommend cutting sugar out of your life in one clean swipe.
- Replacements: Using other substances like honey or even extracts from the Stevia plant are known to be a good replacement plan for cutting down your sugar addiction. You can start by introducing your system to these replacements in your daily beverages like tea, coffee or lemonade, before moving on to the use of organic honey for desserts and baking, as well as other sugar-free desserts and puddings.
- Fruits: The best way to get your sugar indulgence fixed is to have a good dose of fruit. This can help in giving you a good amount of dietary sugars which are natural and do not harm the body in the long run. Also, fruits are a healthy way of ingesting sugar even as you get valuable nutrients, vitamins and mineral - one arrow, many targets!
- Clean Up: Take a walk around your home and find all those secret candy stashes. Also, look for your dessert and pudding trays in the fridge. Now take all this out and give them away or trash them. Once you remove the option of snacking on sugary treats, you will be in a better place to avoid it altogether.
- Magnesium: Your chocolate craving might actually be a call for magnesium that your body is missing out on. Similarly, a mental hunger pang may actually be a need for water or some solid food. Avoid the sugary rush and take the healthy route instead, with the help of nuts and dairy.
Controlling your sugar addiction can save you from various ailments even as it gives you a healthier lifestyle.