Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Parbati SenguptaYour feedback matters!
My son aged 1.2 years always bite everyone. I think he enjoys it I think around 20 times an hour he bites if he wake up please suggest me what to do to stop?
Hi I have stomach pain from last three days back pain and ulcer in mouth also Please suggest what shout I do.
My son is only 4 years old and many times he doesn't feel good because of pain in legs. What should I do?
13 days before my 19 month old son got running nose and mild cough and later he got fever with temperature 100.3 immediately I gave p125 syrup 3 ml and the fever got cured. Later he got developed with thick mucus and very sticky thick dirt in his nose I didn't give any medications other than nasal drops till now. We are currently staying in Chennai and went to blore. He got cold after we returned from bangalore and it is second time he s getting cold when we returned from bangalore. Now he is suffering with Little dry cough mostly while sleeping and mild congestion nd he is asking water by coughing and drinking more water whenever he s coughing. Please suggest is this Normal or he needs medications.
My Son is 8 months old. I am concerned about his diet. Kindly suggest what should be introduced to his diet now.
I am a boy with 16 years Tell me about that ejaculation is good for me or not And is affect my health and my weight.
My daughter has bed wetting problem since her birth she is now 8 years. She is also crying every day of meaningless. I think imipramine is suitable drug for her. Please help me.
My baby is 1.6 years old and have one week of fever. Our local Dr. prescribed the medicines like calpol 120/5 mg and and anti biotic but the fever persist so moved to our pediatrics he prescribed to test the blood count and the result everything is normal and wbc is increased to 11600. And given medicine mefenamic acid for fever. I started the course today night. My question is what is my baby problem. How long it take to cure. Suppose the fever does not cure what will be the next thing that I have to do.
Sir/madam, I have a baby girl 6 months, due to my job reasons am not given breast milk in 5th month. Now am going back to my baby so what can I do to increase production of milk for breastfeeding.
I àm 35 male and my baby in 13 weeks old. I want to ask can I give water to my baby or after how many months I can give him cerelac.
I have a chest tightness so where could be the the cause for that? I have CT scan report for chest it says followings Patchy fibrosis strands are noted in apical and posterior segments of right upper lobe with minimal traction of bronchiectasis and right apical pleural thickening Small patchy subpleural fibrosis strands r noted in apicoposterior segment of left upper lobe Thickening of bilateral inferior pulmonary ligaments with focal pleurodiaphragmatic adhesions.
My son is 12 year old. He shakes his head frequently. Sometimes his shoulders also. Whats the reason and treatment?
For the last one month my 5 years old daughter has been complaining of stomach ache but nothing serious or acute. Buy last 3 days she is having fever and refusing to eat. Though fever has reduced today but she is not eating and complaining of stomach ache n legs pain. Doctor has advised to give drotin ds suspension if she had acute pain in stomach but she says it not too much but refuses to eat or drink as she says her stomach pain. Should I giv the medicine. Pls help. She is restless for 3 nights. Crying and waking up.
My 18 months girl baby do not speak or identify things. She loves music and enjoy some particular songs. She is very active and can say two three words only. She is fond of TV and phone. We are worried as she didn't show interest in speaking like other child of her age. Please suggest. Thank you.
Typhoid is an infectious bacterial fever with an eruption of red spots on the chest and abdomen and severe intestinal irritation, brought about by the Salmonella typhi bacteria. It can also be brought about by Salmonella paratyphi, a related bacterium that generally causes a less extreme sickness. The bacteria are stored in water or in the food by a human carrier and are then spread to other individuals around them.
There are many ways to avoid typhoid fever:
- Vaccination: Take one dose of the vaccine one week before travelling. The other is given orally in four cases, with one container to be taken every alternate day. Neither one of the vaccines is 100% effective. Both require repetitive immunisation since the effect of vaccines diminishes over time.
- Washing your hands: Frequently washing your hands in hot, soapy water is the most ideal approach to control contamination. Wash before eating or cooking food and after using the toilet. Use a hand sanitiser in cases where water isn't accessible.
- Drinking clean water: There are a few ways in which you can avoid getting typhoid fever spread by contaminated water.
- Abstain from drinking untreated water.
- Contaminated drinking water is a specific issue in areas where typhoid fever is endemic. Thus, drink only boiled or filtered water, or canned or packaged carbonated drinks.
- Carbonated filtered water is more secure than non-carbonated filtered water.
- Request drinks without ice.
- Use filtered water to brush your teeth and try not to swallow water in the shower.
- Clean water can get contaminated again in case it is not put away securely.
- Store the clean drinking water in a container with a little opening and use it within four hours.
- Staying away from raw fruits and vegetables: Maintain a strategic distance from crude foods grown in the ground. Since crude produce may have been washed away in water, maintain distance from products of the soil that you cannot peel, particularly lettuce. To be totally protected, you might need to stay away from street food completely.
- Cooking: Pick hot foods. Keep away from food that is put away or served at room temperature. Steaming hot nourishments are ideal. Also, in spite of all precautions, there is no assurance that the food served at the finest restaurants is safe for your health. It is best to stay away from foods served by street side vendors. Completely cook all meats, fish and vegetables. Eat them while they are still hot.
- Washing: Wash your dishes and utensils with proper dish washing soap and water. Wash your cutting board particularly well with a cleanser and water.
- Peeling: Peeling fruits and vegetables protects you from typhoid. Eat natural products that have been freshly washed and peeled, for example, oranges and bananas. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.