Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Nephrologists in India. You will find Nephrologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Hi sir I am from india. I had stones in my kidney nd ureter. 16mm in ureter which was removed recently 20 day back with the help of laser lithotripsy. But 3 mm nd 4mm stones are still in kidney. This is the second time I had taken laser lithotripsy. 4 years before done the same procedure as had stone in my ureter. My age is 25. I am totally feared sir would you pls suggest me. To stop this stone formation plzzzzz. Hoping the best regards.
Hi I'm saleem from hyderabad I'm suffering from kidney stones, I have lot of when it starts, and I have health problems also, no fitness, sickness, please suggest me.
She is having a stone in her kidney. She have a severe pain in her stomach. She don't know that what medicine will cure her soon. Please suggest some medicine which will cure her problem.
Good mrng docter. I am suffering from U. T. I from last 1month. I am taking cefixime+ofloxacin combination bd along with alkasier also. Earlier I had balofloxacin also. But still I am passing urine so painfully. I am having renal calculas also. Please suggest me some remedy.
I am 63, male, and I suffer from urgent frequent (3 times) urination in nights and in days (3-4 times) when the sensation comes I should pass urine or motion immediately otherwise I could not control it. I am not a diabetic. kindly enlighten me.
I am suffering from pain in side of stomach since 2011. While urinating but it's not daily . Can you suggest what should be done and what are causes for pain in stomach while urinating.
From few months, I have noticed, I urinate a lot, like, you can say around 3-4 times in an hour. It causes burning sensation too. I consulted a gynecologist also in max hospital, noida, but that did not help. please help me with some good medicines and also precautions to take.
Hi, I have right shoulder pain, hip pain, right thigh pain. From yesterday. I have pcod taking treatment. First time I took siphene (clomifene). Is my pain related to this? OR I am even diagnosed with kidney stone of 3mm. Is my pain due to this? When I get up in the morning I have heel pain. This heel pain is from 2 days. Can you please say whom should I consult?
Chronic kidney disease or CKD is the decreased function of the function of the kidney for a minimum of three months or more. In this the end stage renal disease usually refers to the end of the kidney function where the kidneys work for less than 15% of what they are supposed to. The kidneys play a vital role in the human body and if they do not function properly then a person can die. The functioning of many organs depends on the kidneys. However, the main function of the kidneys is to remove the products and regulate blood and water, control blood pressure, promote healthy and strong bones, and produce hormones.
Here are 5 facts about kidney disease you should know about:
1. Causes of the kidney disease: There are two main common causes of the end-stage kidney disease. These are preventable causes. These are diabetes and high blood pressure, but then kidney disease can be caused by other inherited diseases such as infection, trauma or polycystic kidney disease.
2. Serious Stages: The kidney disease has five stages and stage 5 is known as the end stage renal disease; this is the point where patients usually need dialysis or kidney transplant to lead a sane life. The stages of kidney disease are:
Stage 1 – Slight kidney disease
Stage 2 – Mild decrease in kidney function
Stage 3 – Moderate decrease in kidney function
Stage 4 – Severe decrease in kidney function
Stage 5 – End stage renal disease
3. Detection of the disease: Kidney disease is usually difficult to detect because of the presence of very few symptoms. Age, gender along with the blood test is one way to determine information regarding kidney function. The people who are at a risk of getting kidney disease are:
- Over the age of 55 years
- People who suffer from hypertension and diabetes
- Ethnic groups such as Asians, Africans, Americans, Pacific Islanders and Hispanics
4. Signs and Symptoms: CKD is usually considered to be a silent disease and many people don’t know that they are suffering from the disease. The signs and symptoms of the disease are:
- Fatigue and weakness
- Nausea, vomiting and loss of appetite
- Numbness and headaches in hand and feet
- Frequent urination
5. Renal Replacement Treatment: This is the treatment for the end stage of the kidney disease. Dialysis involves the replacement of some part of the lost function of the kidneys and is usually continued throughout life. There are 2 types of dialysis:
- Hemodialysis: This cleans the blood via an artificial kidney which is hooked to the machine
- Peritoneal Dialysis: This removes the excess water and waste products and cleans the blood of the body by using the peritoneal cavity as a filter.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.