Lybrate.com has top trusted Endocrinologists from across India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Mondal Partha SarathiYour feedback matters!
Hello Lybrate doc, I am having hypothyroid taking 62 mg daily. At present according to reports my tsh level is 3.62 within the range. My weight is 60.8 kg, nd what should be my tsh level for me to conceive nd what should be my weight. And this tsh level hampers me if I conceive please suggest me.
I am suffering from sugar suggested me some better meal for daily routine and exercise as soon as possible and I hsve blood pressure also for bp I take less amount of salt.
Hello, Since last one year my voice is hoarse. After various clinical intervention it still persists. Finally after a endoscopy I have been detected a nodule on my right vocal cord due to which my voice is not proper. Currently undergoing homeo treatment since last 4 months where doctor had diagnosed a hyperthyroidism symptom too for which am taking homeo medicine along with for throat. As per doctor it is due to thyroid. It helped a bit but not fully. Can you pls guide whether ayur medicine has some assured remedy?
I am 56 years of age . I take Telma 40 for B.P and Glysiphage SR 500 for Diabetics and both are under control.But I have a burning heat sensation in my body, especially buttocks and palms.Others can also feel the heat. This is usually felt in the afternoon till midnight. Is it connected with diabetics?
Diabetes is often considered as deadly as cancer. It is a disease that requires lifestyle changes and diet modifications. It is also a disease that affects almost all body systems. Whether you have Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes, it will do you a world of good to understand the effects of diabetes. Neurovascular damage is one of the most common effects, this means that diabetes will affect the nerves and blood supply of the body.
While Type 1 diabetes makes its presence felt much earlier and is hereditary quite often, Type 2 appears later in life with age and cumulative stress. The effects of diabetes are related to the duration of the disease. Therefore, people with Type 1 diabetes are more likely to have the symptoms early on and need to learn to manage them. Type 2 makes its appearance later, but needs good monitoring for the effects to not surface or prolong the severity of symptoms.
As we all know, all body systems are affected by diabetes, sexual health is no exception. Diabetes decreases blood supply and impacts the nerves in the genitals, thus causing a series of issues right from reduced libido and erectile dysfunction in males to vaginal dryness and painful coitus (perunia) in females.
Listed below are issues diabetic men and women face in terms of sexual health:
1. Diabetes reduces testosterone levels, which is directly reflected in reduced libido. Altered nerve function does not provide proper signals to the penis and there is also reduced blood flow to the organ. Both these can diminish the chances of a good erection. Studies have shown that among men who have had diabetes for 10 years, about 50% have experienced erectile dysfunction.
2. The affected nerve function also leads to difficulties in reaching a climax. Diabetes in men can additionally cause Peyronie's disease, which leads to a curved penis, and this leads to painful and difficult erections and coitus.
1. It leads to reduced sexual desire due to testosterone levels. Vaginal dryness is very common in females with diabetes, and therefore, there is a definite decline in the urge.
2. The above-mentioned neurovascular damage also prevents women from reaching a good climax, as the nerve supply is affected.
3. Diabetes also increases the predisposition to urinary tract infections, which can lead to painful sexual experience due to additional vaginal dryness and itching.
Finally, as much as it may sound as a cause for concern, it is not. People with diabetes know that making small lifestyle changes can go a long way in terms of onset of symptoms, their severity, and the leading of a normal life. Modifications in diet and lifestyle to include healthy eating, reduced stress, and exercising are very useful. It is also very important to talk to your doctor about how your sexual health has changed with diabetes. It is a sensitive and private topic, but if you are concerned about it, then do not hesitate to seek help.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Can we avoid consuming tabs for diabetics if we exercise regularly. I am at brim stage of diabetics. My blood sugar while fasting was 111.
I have been trying to conceive frm d past 5months had gone to d doc for a check up. She gt my prolactin and TSH checked up and everything is normal. She did a follicular study and it showed that everything is ok im jus ovulating on d 21st day of d cycle. Bt I dn seem to have d egg white discharge throughout the cycle. Is ths d reason im unable to conceive? Is d egg white discharge necessary for conception? Ths is my second child.
Hello sir, Mere papa ki age 54 hai. Unhe diabetes hai. Unhe FROZEN SHOULDER ki problem h. Unhone doctor ko dikhaya tha nd doctors ne unhe excercise krne ko kaha tha but wo excersise nhi kr pate kyunki jb b wo exercise krte h unhe pain hoti hai. Islie woh daily pain killer lete hai. Please suggest something jisse unki ye problem theek ho jae. Or ab unki neck me b stiffness feel ho rhi hai. Please help sir. Kya yeh sb diabetes ki wajah se ho raha hai?
I am having a proper six to eight hour sleep and balance diet and regular exercise. Can I have chances to develop a diabetes melitus?
I have blood sugar. Random reading is between 210-240. Fasting 190. I am taking glycomet gp 1 once a day in morning.
I am. Diabetic since den how much I diet I am unable to. Loose my weight I do walk yoga n diet control kindly help wid some easy n effective tips .Thank you.
Please suggest diet plan for hyperthyroidism. Continuous weight loss. Currently weight is 46 kg. M 28 years old.
Is gastric problem cause of axiety or anxiety is acause of major gastric. How can we start first to treat because both of it I am suffring. So many time I visited doctor they sugested sum test like sgpt. Blood soogar. Thyroid. My sgpt is 87 and blood soogar 111fasting so they sugest paxy 12. 5and clonotril. 25 mg at bedtime but after taking this I feel sleepy and uncomfortable. So I tell him and he told me to countunue. What can you do ?
I am 57 yrs old and recently they hv detected that I am hyper thyroid. What diet shd I hv to keep it under control and what medicine u adv. Presently I am taking thyronorm
I am 75 years old diabetic and bp also. I suffer constipation in spite of consuming plenty of food contains fibre. I do not get the urge to go to toilet. I feel my muscle in the rectum is not pushing the stool and water is absorbed and solid mass stool comes out after lot of effort. Lease let me know what is the real problem.
The thyroid gland is a stand out among the most important organs in the body. It is an organ with an extensive impact. It is one of the hormone-creating, endocrine organs, which fundamentally control the rate at which the body's different systems and organs work. It affects vitality levels, immunity, regulation of sugar and is the general controller of development, growth and metabolism of the entire body. During embryonic life, the thyroid gland moves downwards from the pharynx (portion of the throat which affects both digestion and respiration) to its position underneath the Adam's apple.
There are a number of remedies that are capable of treating the thyroid problems. Since homeopathy aims at treating the root cause of the problems, the treatment is stretched over a longer period of time. Additionally, homeopathy functions by stimulating the natural healing capabilities of the body. Some of the commonly used homeopathic treatments for thyroid diseases include Fucus vesiculosus, Calcarea carb, Iodine, Bromium, Lycopus, Calcarea phos, Lapis albus and Spongia. Some of them are discussed below:
- Fucus vesiculosus: Commonly known as Bladderwrack or sea kelp, this is a rich source of Iodine. The homeopathic medication utilizes the entire plant and is available in many dosage forms such as tablet, tincture and capsule. It helps in stimulating the production of thyroid hormones. It can be used to treat hyperthyroidism (overactive thyroid gland), hypothyroidism (underactive thyroid gland) and cysts.
- Iodine and Bromium: The homeopathic form of Iodine is called Iodum and it is prepared from iodate salts extracted from seaweed. Diversion from the optimum levels of iodine in the body causes thyroid problems. Homeopaths recommend Iodum for treating thyroid problems. Similar characteristics are exhibited by Bromium, which is a homeopathic form of bromine.
- Lycopus: The entire flowering plant of Bugleweed is used to prepare Lycopus. It is recommended for treatment of hyperthyroidism and cysts.
- Calcarea Carbonica: Calcarea Carbonica is a Homeopathic medicine which is regarded as one of the best homeopathic remedies for thyroid problems. It is highly recommended for hypothyroid patients who experience excessive sweating on head. It is also utilized for hypothyroidism afflicted patients having certain peculiar eating habits such as boiled egg cravings, desire for indigestible things such as pencils, chalk, lime, etc. This homeopathic medicine can also help in relieving constipation in patients having thyroid disorders. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.