Lybrate.com has top trusted Acupuncturists from across India. You will find Acupuncturists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Acupuncturists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Mita GanatraYour feedback matters!
Hii, one of my friend got injured while he was walking down stairs. He got a severe damage below his right knee, seems to be more swell. Please suggest some diagnostic measures.
- Good carbs include whole grains, beans, fruits, and vegetables. These are digested slowly, helping you feel full for longer and keeping blood sugar and insulin levels stable.
- Bad carbs are foods such as white flour, refined sugar, and white rice that have been stripped of all bran, fiber, and nutrients. Bad carbs digest quickly and cause spikes in blood sugar levels as well as energy.
From Lybrate: If you want more such health tips, click on the heart icon to say thanks to doctor and share this tip.
Sir I asked a question gain weight but doctor says the medicine is chana &moong I have not idea in both medicines please give the which shops.
My son who is 25 years has joined gym nd wants to build up muscle he is Always telling me tht he wants to have a protien diet tht is available in d market is it gud. Suggest any protien diet supplement he is turning weak day by day please help.
I have a doubt about drinking water Before taking food during eating after eating please clear how much amount I should take.
I want to gain some weight as I am 21 years old and my weight is only 49kg. please suggest me some tips that I can do to gain some more weight.
Hi doctor, I'm very skinny how can I improve my weight. Is there any exercise for gaining weight. If any please suggest.
Is taking protein supplements good for health? How much intake should be suitable daily? Side effects?
I am having fever, headache and body pain from this morning. I have vomited 2 times. What should I do?
Who doesn't want a flat stomach? Six-pack abs are the ultimate goal for fitness freaks and fashionistas alike. If only, they were easy to achieve! While most people focus only on exercises to build a six pack, it is impossible to achieve without complementing your exercise plan with a diet plan. Whether you eat three meals a day or six smaller meals a day, here are a few diet hacks to help you get those abs faster.
- If it comes out of a box, stay away: Cut back on all processed food. Bread, refined sugar, alcohol, processed meats should all be replaced with fresh healthy options. If you must have bread, look for multigrain loaves and if you can't drink unsweetened tea, try honey instead of sugar.
- Mix your carbs: Carbs are often misunderstood. Having a completely carb free diet is not good for the body, but you should control your carb intake. Plan your weekly diet in such a way that your carbohydrate intake is cycled by alternating between high, moderate and low carbohydrate diet days. It will also help to plan your carb intake around your workout so that the energy produced is used to fuel your exercise.
- Eat before going out: Parties are not ideal when you're trying to build abs. It is extremely difficult to refuse the bite sized portions of delicious looking yet unhealthy food that surrounds you. Eating a protein rich meal before heading out will make your stomach full and make it easier to control your indulgences.
- Eat slowly: Along with what you eat, the speed at which you eat is also important. Chewing your food not only burns calories but also gives the brain the illusion that you have been eating for long and your stomach is full. Thus the slower you eat, the less you will eat.
- Drink water before a meal: Drinking a minimum of 8-10 glasses of water is a must for every diet. Instead of drinking water after a meal, drink a full glass before eating. This fills up your stomach and makes you feel satiated faster.
- Pre plan: Carrying your lunch to office is a sure shot way of reducing your calorie intake as compared to eating fast food or grabbing something from the office canteen. Keeping a couple of nuts and protein bars handy can also prevent unhealthy snacking.
- Don't shop hungry: If you're in a supermarket and faced with a choice between protein bars and ice cream, it is easier to go for ice cream than protein bar. For this reason, never shop on an empty stomach.