Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Nuclear Medicine Physicians in India. You will find Nuclear Medicine Physicians with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nuclear Medicine Physicians online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Manoranjan Chowhan
Submit a review for Dr. Manoranjan ChowhanYour feedback matters!
My mother was suffering hypertension and blood clots, thyroid, swelling legs. Please advice what should i do?
Hello. Since I have vertigo, I was asked to take Doppler test. Test shows that" evidence of few heterogeneous exchotextureal lesions in both lobes of thyroid gland, measures 16x13mm- likely being lesion" Are they harmful? Is that a cause for vertigo?
My mother has recently diagnosed with TSH 12.9. T3, T4 are normal. Her age is 59. Doctor has prescribed thyronorm 12.5 keeping in view age. He said we will check TSH after 4 weeks and alter dosage if required. Please advise.
Sir, my son 9 years old suffering from cough and cold due change in seasons and also when eat/drink cold things like ice cream or cold drinks or when he takes bath from cold water. This problem is from 5 years old. What can I do. Please help me.
Hello doctor, I am suffering from thyroid problem from 3 years, and I can't control my weight though I am taking proper diet plan and medicines but I can't reduce my weight .please help in my weight reduction and thyroid problem. I am taking thyronorm 100 mg now. My thyroid levels: T3 88 T4 7.5 Tsh 14.45.
I am 24 year old, I am suffering from hair fall, have a history of hypothyroidism and on oral T3 and T4 since 4 years and low level B12 vitamin also.
I want to lose weight. I have thyroid too. What are the foods to be avoid for hypothyroid? What foods are to be taken for hypothyroid?
If you are suffering from hypothyroidism, it is important for you to deal with the condition so that your daily life and activities do not get affected. Hypothyroidism occurs when your thyroid gland becomes under active and does not produces sufficient amount of hormones. This affects the metabolism rate of your body. Hypothyroidism has several symptoms which include fatigue, constipation, dry skin, muscle cramping, hoarse voice, depression, sudden gain of weight and brittle hair and fingernails.
Here are some important tips which you should follow in order to deal with hypothyroidism and for its treatment:
- Go Gluten and A1 Casein free: Common allergies and food intolerance, which occur today are because of wheat and dairy products because of the hybridized proteins of A1 casein and gluten. These may lead to a leaky gut, as a result of which inflammation of the thyroid gland takes place. This affects the thyroid’s functioning. You should avoid grain and gluten in your diet. Try to consume dairy products coming from A2 cow’s milk.
- Avoid BPA: Bisphenol A or BPA is present in plastic bottles. These are capable of disrupting the endocrine system and also affect the thyroid gland. You should avoid drinking from plastic bottles and drink water from glass, stainless steel and plastic bottles which are BPA free.
- Check your iodine levels: In case your iodine levels are low, you should use an organic liquid supplement. Kelp is ideal for this purpose.
- Heavy metal detox: You need to detoxify your body and eliminate traces of harmful metals from your organs and cells. For this, you may use a combination of milk, turmeric, chlorella, cilantro and thistle, which are ideal for a metal detox.
- Increase your selenium intake: It is important for you to consume sufficient amounts of selenium in your everyday diet, but you should not consume them in excess. You should eat food items containing selenium in good amount such as salmon, sunflower seeds, Brazil nuts, mushrooms, onions and beef.
- Take adaptogen supplements: You should lower your cortisol levels and improve thyroid functioning by taking supplements such as tulsi and ashwaganda.
- Remove silver fillings: If you have amalgam fillings, you should consult a dentist and get the fillings removed.
- Lower your carbohydrate intake: You also need to reduce the amount of sugar and grains in your regular diet. Instead, take healthy fats. Consuming too much carbohydrates leads to increased estrogen, which affects thyroid negatively. Choose healthy fats like coconut oils, avocado, wild salmon, hemp seeds and flax seeds. These will help in balancing your hormone levels.
Hypothyroidism usually occurs from common causes such as toxicity due to radiation and metal exposure, deficiency of iodine and selenium, food intolerance and hormonal imbalance due to stress and excess carbohydrates.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!