Lybrate.com has top trusted Ayurvedas from across India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Krishnayan ChattopadhayYour feedback matters!
How can I increase my height and weight. I am 21 years old. So at this stage how I increase my height. Please suggest me that Valuable for me.
I have not been able to sleep since 2 days, and I am having a severe headache , tried multiple homeremedies, but did not worked , what to do please help me ?
There are various sources available by which we can get energy, e.g Proper and healthy food, water, Enough sleep, good Sun light, Regular exercise and proper breathing.
Among all of above, proper Breathing which consist of Regular various pranayama, yoga and various manipulated breathing techniques give us 70% of energy, with that you can prevent early tired Ness or fatigue, insomnia, stress and anxiety.
If your energy is high, your work efficiency and efficacy, decisions making, accuracy etc.. quality will improve.
I have access sebum on scalp, when I scratch via nail, it comes out as a white oily substance. How to get rid of it? Kindly advise. I feel my hair being clogged with dirt and oily sebum though I was frequently.
I am a male aged about 55 years, suffering from low back pain for last 6 to 7 years, suggest what should I do.
When skin is infected by a fungus, the resultant infection is called tinea corporis (ringworm). It is most common in athletes and children. The infection may appear on the scalp, beards, groin, in between the toes and other places.
Tinea corporis can be caused by:
- Skin contact
- It is contagious, so if you use towels, bed linens and clothes of an infected person, you will get infected too.
- Touching a pet infected by tinea corporis.
Signs and Symptoms:
- The rash starts as a scant area of red, bumpy pimples and spots. Then the rash forms a ring, with raised, red borders and a clear middle. The border might look scaly.
- The rash may show up on face, legs, arms or other body areas which are exposed.
- The area feels itchy. It might also be flaky and dry. You might even experience hair loss in the infected area.
The skin in the area will be gently scraped off and the sample will be collected. Then, the sample will be viewed under a microscope. That will help discerning, which type of fungus is causing the infection.
The following treatment regime must be followed:
- The skin must be kept dry and clean.
- Fungal creams are best. Creams that contain miconazole, ketoconazole, clotrimazole or oxiconazole are excellent for fungal infections.
- Only apply the cream on clean skin. You can use it twice in a day. Bandaging the infected area is not recommended.
- To prevent the infection from spreading, wash your towels in warm water and use clean towels every time you bathe. Also, clean the bathroom and wear freshly washed clothes.
- If pets are infected, treat them as well.
The infection usually goes away under 4 weeks. The infection may branch out to the nails, groin, scalp and feet. Self-care is effective, but if symptoms persist, then do consult a specialist. Ringworms have certain complications, such as scratching the skin too much causes skin infections and other skin disorders, which may need further treatment.