Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Kripa GhatakYour feedback matters!
Food is one of the most common ways of getting an infection, and so the stomach is more prone to infections than other body parts. Whether it is eating raw or uncooked foods or unhygienic foods, the stomach bears the brunt of one’s bad food practices. The only consoling factor is that it is equally easy to treat a stomach infection if some simple measures are adhered to.
Read on to know some of the easiest and most effective ways to treat a stomach infection.
- Drink it right: What you drink and how you drink makes a lot of difference to the way your stomach infection will respond. The vomiting, diarrhoea and sweating is robbing the body of a lot of fluids, and so replenishing this fluid along with minerals is very essential. Ensure you drink a lot of clear liquids like water, coconut water, clear soups, sports drinks, and other energy drinks. Electrolyte replacement can be added to improve their efficacy. Herbal teas like ginger tea and peppermint tea are highly recommended to soothe the stomach too. At the same time, avoid caffeine, strong black tea, alcohol, and chocolate as they are detrimental to the already affected stomach.
- Eat right: Even on a regular basis, you are what you eat. So, when your stomach is already infected, eating right assumes a lot more importance. Go easy on the stomach and give it something easy to digest, yet of high nutritional value. Banana, rice, apple, and toast (abbreviated as BRAT) is very easy and packs in good nutrition for the recovering stomach. Avoid a lot of fibres, fatty foods, greasy foods, sugars, and dairy products which are hard for the stomach to digest. Eat small meals, but eat a lot more frequently than you otherwise would.
- Rest well: With the body losing a lot of fluids and nutrition along with it, the body would naturally feel very tired and fatigued. Let the body run its course, and give it the rest it demands. In the next couple of days, once the virus has run its course, this will resolve.
- Medications: Stomach infection is usually caused by a virus, and so antibiotics do not play a curative role here. However, if you have high fever or body aches, Tylenol or acetaminophen can be used sparingly. If diarrhoea or vomiting is severe, loperamide or promethazine can also be used. However, this should be substituted with sufficient rest and nutrition (solid and liquids).
If these are not helping and you are not able to keep the food down, visit the doctor. Sometimes, a day or two in the hospital may be required for complete cure and recovery.
Meri age 20 year h sir merit hight 5.8 he air mera chest 33 inch he but sir mere neeche ka hissa bhot hi kamjor he meri Lamar 26 inch h aur mera pat to bhot patla ,me jim jata tha achank s chor Di kya yhe uska side effect h ,sir koi help Kare plzzz.
Mera wife se January 2016 mei shadi hua, love marriage tha so Aug 2015 mei first baby abortion korna Para kuch galti ke karan, abhi mera wife ka monthly period normal nhi hai example 13 March next 03 April next 18 April, period ke doran bleeding bhi bohot kom hota hai nhi ke borabar. Abhi baby chahiye hame please help me.
Urgent help required. My friend's last period was on 5th of april and lasted for 4 days approx. She was virgin also. But a week before she had tried to have intercourse with her bf. They didn't actually had intercourse. Only the tip may have got in. They are sure he didn't cum. But their is a possibility of precum. She was late 3 days for pill also. Now the problem is that her regular period was about to start in 1-2 days. But a light bleeding have started today which is very lighter. She is she ok? Hope She is not pregnant? What should be done? Help urgently.
I'm 19 Yrs old. And im soo thin. Pls suggest me some healthy foods and to get fat easily. And also suggest me some to avoid.
Hi, My lips are very black I want to make then lighter or probably pink. Tell me what to do about it. Thanks.
I have a gf And we are in physical relationship But I have a problem that early fall And my gf not satisfied by me Please give me suggestions to recover from this problem.
My son is 5 years old. But uska weight bahut hai lag bhag 38 kg. So what can I do mai kase uska weight control kar sati hu.
Hi doctors I have thyroid problem just little high and I take tablet how to reduce my thyroid problem please answer.
Hi doc I am 26 years old guy. I am little fat. From last few day I have a complain of high breathing issue. I get tired very soon. M not able to run long distance. My family advising me to leave all junk food. But I am very much found of junk food. Is there any way by which I can over come these effects with leaving junk food. Please suggest.
My cousin had periods on 30 Sep this year. She is sexually active. Now it's more than two weeks she missed her periods. Her pregnancy test on 10 nov came negative though. Could she be pregnant? She and her partner always have protected sex. Please help.
Skin problem it's very dry on my cheeks n oily on my forehead as well as m having health problem too I have tried lots of protein n dite but still ma wait iz 50 please suggest me I want to gain my Wight ma height is 5.11.
Now I started to grow my beard on chin and neck area with the help of minoxidil If I shave that now can I get a fuller beard within a week with black hairs?
The popularity of Ayurveda as an alternative form of medicine has been on the rise for sometime as it is effective, holistic and without side effects. One of the forms of ayurvedic treatment which has been practiced for ages and has resurged in popularity over the past few decades is the Panchakarma Therapy. Let's take a look at this form of alternative healing.
What exactly is Panchakarma Therapy: Panchakarma therapy, which literally translates into five therapies, is the primary form of detoxification and purification of the body in Ayurveda. The functions of Panchakarma are to remove stress and toxins which may cause illnesses as well as the re-balancing of energies or the doshas that govern all of the biological functions within the body.
Individual parts of the Therapy:
- Vamana: This is a medicated and controlled form of regurgitation or vomiting which is used to loosen the toxins within the body and then flushing them out of the system and to balance Kapha doshas. It is also used to clear the respiratory tract. It is extremely beneficial in case the patient has Chronic Allergies, Hyperacidity, congestion, Bronchial Asthma, obesity among other disorders.
- Basti or the irrigation of the colon: Although this treatment is used as a rejuvenating treatment, the main purpose of basti is to flush out the toxins with the body through the use of an enema and to clear the colon of toxins. This is often considered the mother of all Panchakarma treatments as it clears out toxins from all three doshas, namely Kapha, Pitta and Vata.
- Virechana or purgation of the toxins through the gastrointestinal tract: This therapy is meant to purge the entire toxins from the body via the gastrointestinal tract. Its primary targets are to detoxify the liver and the gallbladder. If you suffer from Asthma, Digestive disorders, Constipation, hyperacidity, headaches, chronic fever or diabetes, this treatment can be of immense help.
- Nose cleaning or Nasya: The main aim of this treatment is to clean the toxins of the head and neck area. This is achieved by administering of special medicated oils through the nose and then cleaning the Kapha toxins that have accumulated over time.
- Raktamokshana: This is a rare procedure but performed in extreme cases and involves blood letting in a very controlled manner and minute quantities to detoxify the body.
Importance of the Panchakarma Diet: This is one of the most important parts of the Panchakarma Therapy as none of the treatments mentioned above will be effective if you don't follow this proper diet. Treatments can be individual or a combination of multiple parts mentioned above and has been known to be very effective in curing a variety of disorders if followed properly with the diet.