Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Prevention & Treatment of Diabetes
Management of Sugar Disorders
Treatment of Thyroid Disorders
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of Underactive Thyroid
Treatment of High Sugar Levels
Treatment of Hormonal Imbalance
Treatment of Hyperthyroidism
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Treatment of Male Infertility or Impotency
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Growth Hormone Deficiency
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Treatment of Gestational Diabetes
Submit a review for Dr. Kaushik PanditYour feedback matters!
I am 31 yr old married woman, have thyroid problem taking thyronorm 25mcg, my skin is very dry, what should I do to keep it hydrated and soft.
How to know if you have PCOS?
There is no single test to diagnose PCOS. There are many myths about PCOS. Some common signs and symptoms to look for are:
Irregular menstrual cycles
Irregular periods also called Oligomenorrhea
Weight gain, overweight (difficulty losing weight)
Difficulty losing weight
Excess hair growth on face and body- called Hirsutism
Darkened patches of skin
Type 2 diabetes
High cholesterol and high triglycerides
High blood pressure
Cysts on the ovaries(multiple)
Sleep Apnea(when breathing stops for a short period of time while asleep)
Decreased sex drive
Increase in stress levels
What one should try and understand is that out of these battery of symptoms which are listed above not all but a few would be present in an individual. If you as a patient compare yourself with another PCOS patient, some symptoms would overlap and some would be unique to you.
PCOS has become very common these days no doubt but it should not be over-diagnosed either. If you feel that you have any or many of these symptoms please consult your doctor.
My mom is suffering with pulmonary tb, taking att drugs and she is a diabetic patient presently she is having asthma symptoms wheezing cough chest tightness fever etc I want to know type of treatment for it. Ist curable? Can she lead a normal life? Solutions?
In Ayurveda, diabetes is known as 'Madhumeha' and is classified as a 'kapha' type of disorder. Ayurveda identifies 20 types of diabetes 4 due to Vata, 6 results from Pitta and 10 are caused by Kapha.
Factors that are often responsible for causing diabetes are excessive intake of foods which are difficult to digest, such as fried foods, creams, etc. Lack of exercise, mental stress and strain, excessive sleep, overeating and consequent obesity, excessive intake of sugar and refined carbohydrates, overloading of proteins and fats can also lead to diabetes. Hereditary factors also play role in causing diabetes.
- Weight loss or weight gain
- Frequent urinary tract infections
- Blurred vision
- Excessive sweating
- Excessive thirst
- Excessive hunger
- Frequent urination in large quantity
Ayurvedic Remedies To Control Diabetes
There are several herbs which are found to be very effective in treating diabetes and lowering blood sugar level. The greatest advantage of these herbal diabetes medicine supplements are that they have no side effects. Given below is a list of some of the most effective diabetes treatment herbs-
- Bitter Gourd (Momordica charantia)
- Bael (Aegle marmelos)
- Gurmar Leaves (Gymnema sylvestrae)
- Fenugreek (Trigonella foenum graecum)
- Turmeric (Curcuma longa)
- Onion (Allium cepa)
- Nayantatra (Vinca rosa)
- Neem (Azadirachtha indica)
- Garlic (Allium sativum)
- Sagar gota (Ceasalpinia crista)
Ayurvedic Remedies for Diabetes Cure
- The bitter gourd is regarded as the best remedy for diabetes. Drinking at least one tablespoon of bitter gourd juice daily will reduce blood sugar levels in your blood and urine.
- Having bitter gourd cooked in ghee for a period of three months will bring the diabetes down by a significant amount.
- A tablespoon of Indian gooseberry juice mixed with a cup of fresh bitter-gourd juice, taken daily for two months will enable the pancreas to secrete insulin.
- Drinking a glass of water with 10 tulsi leaves, 10 neem leaves and 10 belpatras early morning on an empty stomach helps in keeping sugar levels under control.
- Mix and grind seeds of Fenugreek (100 gm), turmeric (50gm), white pepper. Take one teaspoon of this powder with a glass of milk twice daily.
- Put one cup of water into a copper vessel at night, and drink the water in the morning.
- Avoid sleeping during daytime
- Avoid smoking
- Take adequate eye care
- Do exercise regularly
- Take extra care of your foot
In Ayurveda, the body is made up of three doshas - kapha, vata, pitta and gunas - rajas, tamas and satva. The various techniques that Ayurveda recommends to improve your wellbeing are -
- Meditate regularly
- Exercise on a regular basis
- Eat the largest meal during lunch
- Limit portion sizes
- Weed out negative emotions
- Limit foods that are high in sugar
- Be careful about when and how many carbohydrates you eat
- Eat a variety of whole-grain foods and vegetables every day
- Eat less fat
- Limit your use of alcohol
- Use less salt