Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kaushik Pandit
Prevention & Treatment of Diabetes
Management of Sugar Disorders
Treatment of Thyroid Disorders
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of Underactive Thyroid
Treatment of High Sugar Levels
Treatment of Hormonal Imbalance
Treatment of Hyperthyroidism
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Treatment of Male Infertility or Impotency
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Growth Hormone Deficiency
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Treatment of Gestational Diabetes
Submit a review for Dr. Kaushik PanditYour feedback matters!
Im suffering from hypothyroid since 8 years im using thyroxine sodium 50 mg and I have gone blood test my t3 levels is 5. So I have reduced my dosage to 37.5 mg. After changing my tablet I feel like I gained 1 kg from 72 to 73 kg. I do workout daily for 1 hr 30 min. Can you suggest me whether to continue same 50 mg power or to take 37.5 mg.
My husband, who is diabetic, had his underfoot operated for diabetic foot, two months back. There is no swelling but flesh growth of the deep wound is very very slow. Please give me a detailed prescription for quick healing, along with names of tablets etc.
I am having low sugar (92 mg/dl). This was measured after 1 hour of breakfast. I am 27 year old male. What kind of food should I take in order to get healthy as a horse? Reply asap. Thanks!
Hypothyroidism, also called underactive thyroid disease, is a common disorder. With hypothyroidism, your thyroid gland does not make enough thyroid hormone. The thyroid gland is located in the front lower part of your neck.
Hormones released by the gland travel through your bloodstream and affect nearly every part of your body, from your heart and brain, to your muscles and skin.
The thyroid controls how your body's cells use energy from food, a process called metabolism. Among other things, your metabolism affects your body’s temperature, your heartbeat, and how well you burn calories. If you don't have enough thyroid hormone, your body processes slow down. That means your body makes less energy, and your metabolism becomes sluggish producing symptoms like Fatigue, Weakness, Weight gain or increased difficulty in losing weight, Coarse dry hair, Dry rough pale skin,Hair loss, Cold intolerance, Muscle cramps and frequent muscle aches, Constipation, Depression, Irritability, Memory loss, Abnormal menstrual cycles & Decreased libido
Natural Thyroid Treatments :
- Ayurvedic drugs like Punarnava, Kanchanara, Shigru, Brahmi, Varuna, Ashwagandha, Gokshuru, Trikatu, Shilajit etc helps treat Hypothroidsm
- Hamsa-pathyadi kashaya, Punarnavadi kashaya, Varunadi Kashaya, Kanchanara guggulu, Punarnavadi guggulu, Trikatukadi guggulu, shiva gutika etc are the commonly used ayurvedic formulations to combat hypothroidsm.
- Daily intake of Decoction prepared of Shigru (drum stick) helps a lot
- Amla churna with Honey can be taken as Nitya Rasayana for proper thyroid functioning.
- Food rich in Vitamin A such as pumpkin, green leafy vegetables and carrots add to the balanced functioning of thyroid gland.
- Diet should consist of sufficient helpings of fruits, sprouts, vegetables and salads. Cucumber is very effective for patients diagnosed with goiter- a disease resulting from hypothyroidism
- Walnut which is rich in iodine and magnesium contributes to the balanced functioning of thyroid gland.
- 'Kelp' & 'Sushi' are iodine enriched sea weeds (Thyroid gland needs iodine to produce thyroid hormone. Human body doesn't make iodine, so one needs to get it through his/her diet), can be used as an item of garnish as well as one for flavoring soups and salads.
- Regular consumption of coconut oil added to milk, with two spoons being added to a cup of milk is another home remedy geared to the rectification of thyroid functioning.
- As part of rectification of thyroid functioning with natural remedies; sometimes the affected persons are advised to go on a juice based fast. This is done with the purpose of cleaning the system. Thus his diet then may consist of fruits juices such as apple, grapes and pineapples being served after every three to four hours.
- After five days of being on juice; he may be advised to include milk in his diet. There after he can go for proper balanced meals with insistence on fruits and vegetables.
- Herbal tea with ginger is also beneficial for thyroid functioning.
- Barley and oats are also some of the healthy options for patients afflicted with thyroid functioning.
- Regular consumption of Amla fruits and lotus stem is also beneficial for thyroid functioning.
- For patients afflicted with goiter, exhibiting swelling around their neck; dandelion leaves with a touch of clarified butter may be wrapped around the affected region.
- Carbohydrates other than those contained by potatoes, whole wheat products and unpolished rice should be avoided. Cakes, pastries, sweets and other calorie rich items should be avoided.
- Beverages including coffee, tea, carbonated drinks and alcohols should be avoided
- Certain food items containing preservatives, white flour products and stuffs high on sugar should be avoided by thyroid patients.
- Eating goitrogenic foods such as rapeseed, cabbage, Brussels sprouts, broccoli, cauliflower, sweet potatoes, maize, lima beans, soya and pearl millet should be Avoided.
- Avoid smoking since Smoking depresses Thyroid Hormone levels and produces chronic underlying hypothyroidism
Yoga for Thyroid diseases:
- Sarvangasna (shoulder stand) is the most suitable and effective asana for the thyroid gland. An enormous pressure is placed on the gland by this powerful posture. As the thyroid has one of the largest blood supplies of any body organ, this pressure has dramatic effects on its function, improving circulation and squeezing out stagnant secretions.
- From Sarvangasana one can practice Halasana.
- After Sarvangasana & Halasana, Matsyasana is to be performed as their counter pose,
- Other effective asanas include Surya Namskara, Pavamuktasana with emphasis on the head and neck exercises, yoga mudra, Suptavajrasana and all backward bending asanas.
Pranayama for Thyroid diseases:
- The most effective Pranayama for thyroid problems is Ujjayi.
- Nadi shodhana pranayamas are useful in re-balancing metabolism.