Lybrate.com has top trusted Toxicologists from across India. You will find Toxicologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Toxicologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Kaushik NandyYour feedback matters!
Hello i'm Mohammed Mustafa here i'm currently obese and suffering from pre hypertension any ideas how I can reduce my weight fast and do not suffer more from these diseases as i'm 15 and am really in need for advice i'm scared with current position any ideas how can I improve myself I guess I have had experienced sleep apnea as well don't know yet if it is a cause of pre hypertension as per the fact i'm really concerned please help me i'm scared of these diseases I just want to be perfect please help me in this journey to a safer life. And any diet plan or anything else please tell me about them and what should I eat to shed this weight off me as per the fact I am a teen from a diabetic mother could these be the effect of that I have tried to shed my weight for so long now still no progress weight just seems to climb up rather than go down i'm worried I do not want to suffer from diabetes or blood pressure but if there are home remedies whats bad then I can surely help my self then regards.
The summer heat can be unforgiving at times, especially with the humidity levels on the increase. As you sweat more in summers, water from the body is lost rapidly which may create complications if it is not replenished. Thus foods that contain more water should be emphasized on in hot weather to keep your body hydrated and healthy.
It is also recommended to keep meals light so as not to stress the digestive system too much. The meals that you may enjoy during the scorching summer can be any or all of the following. Read on:
- Fruit salad: Combine various fruits like mangoes, apples and grapes in a salad and eat it during your snack breaks. The fruits provide your body with various macronutrients that boost your immune system and also do not put much stress on the digestive system.
- Buttermilk: Buttermilk is a drink that is made from curd and various spices like curry leaves and cumin powder are added to it. The drink provides the body with calcium and soothes and boosts the digestive system to prevent various indigestion related problems. It has also been shown to reduce blood pressure and bad cholesterol levels in the body.
- Sattu: Sattu is made from roasted gram flour and is a very good source of protein and energy for the body. Sattu contains insoluble fiber which is good for your digestive system. It also helps in cooling the body from the summer heat and fortifies the body with various vitamins to keep you healthy.
- Chickpea salads: Chickpeas mixed with sliced cucumber, onions and various spices can make a wonderful salad for the summer season. Add a tinge of lemon juice to the mix and throw in some diced cheese to make it more satiating. Chickpeas are a good source of protein and manganese which are beneficial for that are beneficial for the body.
- Stir fried vegetables : Vegetables are a good source of fiber and various vitamins which are essential for a healthy body. They do not contain much calories so you may eat them guilt free. You may also pair them with brown rice to add some complex carbohydrates to the mix.
Please help for diet drinks, water and others wine, beer can I use a little and what brand oil better for me.
I have the problem of common cold even during summer. Also i'm frequently affected by common cold. Could you provide me some help?
There are 4 main types of vegetarian diets:
Lacto?ovo?vegetarian consumes dairy products and eggs but no meat, poultry, or seafood
Lacto?vegetarian eats dairy products but not eggs, meat, poultry, or seafood
Ovo?vegetarian eats eggs but no dairy products, meat, poultry, or seafood
Vegan does not eat any animal products, including meat, fish, poultry, eggs, and dairy products; many vegans will also avoid honey.
Vegetarian and plant?based diets are associated with a reduced risk of obesity, diabetes, heart disease and some types of cancer as well as increased longevity. Vegetarian diets are typically lower in fat, particularly saturated fat, and higher in dietary fiber. They are also likely to include more whole grains, legumes, nuts, and soy protein, and together with the absence of red meat, this type of eating plan may provide many benefits for the prevention and treatment of obesity and chronic health problems, including diabetes and cardiovascular disease.
Mera beta 4 saal ka hai lekin WO kuch khata pita nahi h bohot dubla hai koi suggestion bataye please.
I am suffering from cold and headache since last two days. My whole body is paining! What should I do now?
We all say that every individual should drink at least 8 glasses of water per day ,right. I just wanted to ask that what if I change the plain water and start having lemon water, fruit or vegetable infused water, jeera water ,sauf water and juices instead of plain one. So that would complete my days water quota but will it be fine to do this or shall I make any changes. please suggest some interesting ways to consume water like I mentioned above.
Protein is a chain of various amino acids, it is one of an essential macronutrient that the body needs. Nails and hair in the body are made up of protein, it is also used to repair tissues in the body. Protein is also the main building block of muscles and bones.
Advantages of including protein in your diet -
1. It increases the amount of lean muscle in the body
2. Induces feelings of satiety
3. Facilitates muscle recovery after exercise
4. Helps you maintain a healthy body weight
Here are some foods which are rich in protein and should be included in your daily diet -
1. Greek yoghurt - It has more protein that the traditional variety of yoghurt. It also comes with important minerals such as calcium and probiotics.
2. Eggs - Eggs are considered to be a type super food as it is a powerhouse of nutrients. It has the highest biological value that is the protein in an egg has the highest number of essential amino acids.
3. Meat - Meat such as turkey and chicken are very good sources of protein. Chicken contains niacin, which also boosts the digestive and the nervous system.
4. Tofu - Tofu is a very good source of vegetarian protein and it is also packed with manganese. It helps in muscle recovery after exercise and also strengthens bones in the body.
5. Fish - Fishes are not only a good source of protein but also contain less fat. They are packed with heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids.
6. Cottage cheese - Cottage cheese contains casein protein which provides the body with a steady supply of protein over a duration of time as it is digested slowly by the body.
Related Tip: How to tackle binge eating?