Submit a review for Dog clinicYour feedback matters!
I often get cold and headache approximately every week and I had been taking cetrizine tablets to control it. Is it right? Aren't they have side-effects in future. I consulted doctor they said I would be having sinus. Are there any medicines for sinus in ayurveda or siddha. Pls reply!
What are the nutrients present in potato. I have read somewhere that potato is eaten as a complete food in some places.
My age is 14 years. I met a friend who was sick and tired. Next day, He call me and said that he have chicken pox. Now is he contagious? I met him again and he showed me his blisters coming. I did not touch him. Now am I safe? Or I am infected? I also did not talk to him face to face.
I have done cyst operation 20 days back After having calcified sebaceous cyst operation on scrotum. Can I drink milk or drinking milk will become puss for any kind of injury or operations.
My body became sick as I am cumming more than 100 times till now, How can I get my nerves strong and become more healthy? Is there any daily foods to get nerves strong?
Hello Doctors, I used to eat raw rice when I was younger, now I am 29 years old and still sometimes feel craving to eat raw white rice. Please tell me the reason for it and the way to prevent this.
I am 44 year old hectic work schedules make me lazy no exercise 85 kg weight, stopped alcohol from last 50 days, I smoke daily 1 or 2 cigarettes, no physical activity, I am hypertensive and taking olmesar AMH Please advice a diet plan.
Fennel is a very common spice in India and is usually present in every kitchen. In fact, from a very young age, it has been seen that the elders advise the youngsters to consume a pinch of fennel after any meal for proper digestion. Fennel is also added to many dishes to make the dish flavourful as well, so that the person eating the dish can reap the benefits of all its medicinal properties. Fennel is much more than just a digestion enhancing natural ingredient. Fennel if boiled in water and the water taken empty stomach in morning, can be used as diuretic and also used in renal calculus. Some of its other uses and benefits are explained below.
- Breath Freshener: Fennel has anti microbial properties which clean your mouth and give you a fresh breath after every meal. In fact, it is not uncommon to notice fennel seeds being served in hotels and restaurants after a meal for better digestion and having a fresh and sweet breath.
- Helps in digestion: Fennels help in not only digestion but also help in solving various other problems like intestinal gas, bowel irritation, constipation, heartburn etc. Those with constipation are advised to have fennel milk or at least a pinch of fennel after every meal so that they would be able to relieve themselves comfortably.
- Helps in reducing obesity: Obesity has become one of the greatest concerns in contemporary times. With a rise in the sale of junk foods, individuals have started thinning the line between being fat and being obese in nature. However, when you tend to consume fennel seeds, it gives you a feeling of fullness. This reduces the urge to eat in between meals which, in turn, helps in reducing obesity in individuals.
- Helps in solving menstrual problems in women: Women who attain their puberty and experience regular menstrual cycles would be well aware of the regulation that they might face sometime or the other in the process. Consumption of fennel seeds regularises menstruation to a great extent in women. In fact, it also helps in reducing painful bleeding in women. It is one of the few natural remedies that can be tried out before opting for medical consultations and higher doses of medicines.
- Used as a natural preventive against cancer: Cancer can occur in different places including the colon. Consumption of fennel can help in the reduction of colon cancers in individuals. The anti-carcinogenic properties of fennel help in reducing cancer-causing agents in the body, thereby rendering it capable enough to fight against cancer.
Thus, these are some of the benefits of consuming fennel. Next time you consume fennel after a meal, you know why you are consuming it and what health benefits could it bring to you.