Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Dilatation And Curettage (D C) Procedure
Egg Donation Procedure
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Food Plan Preparation
Submit a review for Dr. Jishnu BanerjeeYour feedback matters!
Appointment on your site is not valid. When I called the given No for confirmation, They said it's all rubbish and given a fresh appointment. Pl stop confusing people
Hi I'm kokila. Yesterday my husband done sugar test FPG is 116 (normal range 70-100 mg/dl) and PLPG is 171 (normal range 100-140 mg/dl ).his age is just 30 years I'm so worried. It's required diabetics tablets daily. Pls reply me doctors.
I gained 18kgs in past three years I consulted the doctor who advised me to take thyroid test but the result came out that I don't have it I am 19 years old and weigh 70 KGS and my height is 5'6 please suggest me what to do.
I am 53 years old bp and diabetic. everything is in normal .my question is in this .age can I buildup my body and arms .through exercise or medicine. Please suggest ne.
Is hypothyroidism curable? Also how much is stress or depression related to thyroid hormone? What are the symptoms?
I observe pain in my spine when I get up in the morning. My feet also swell during the day. I had got my blood test done some days ago and found that the uric acid level has increased.
Hell doctor my father has suffered from diabetics last six months his age 62 what I do care for him please suggest me.
Simple sugar is also known as monosaccharide, is the basic unit of carbohydrates. The simplest forms of sugar are usually colourless and crystalline and exist in forms of glucose, fructose and galactose. Simple sugar is deemed to be a major concern according to all health nutritionists.
Here are five reasons why you should avoid them:
- Sugar is the biggest cause of obesity: Sugar present in all kinds of junk food is considered to be the biggest cause of obesity as fructose easily converts into fat inside your body. Consuming too much sugar can put too much pressure on your liver as it is responsible for converting fructose into fat. Large amounts of sugar are directly converted into fat, thus, putting you at a very high risk of becoming obese.
- Increases risks of contracting heart diseases: Consuming too much sugar throughout the day causes a hike in your insulin levels which can further affect your nervous system. An excess of sugar in your blood stream also causes your blood pressure to rise which makes you more likely to get a heart stroke. Thus, to avoid cardiac problems at a young age, you must cut down your sugar intake.
- Weakens immune system: Sugar is a major reason for inflammation which affects the central immune system adversely. With an excess intake of sugar, the body becomes less effective in dealing with infection and common cold because phagocytes (white blood cells) cannot do their job properly of engulfing dangerous bacteria. Thus, you should aim at boosting your immune system by cutting down on sugar completely.
- Sugar can make you age faster: The sugar content in your body creates molecules known as AGEs (Advanced glycation end products) which attack the fibres in elastin and collagen (the building blocks of the cells on your skin). A study also proved that consuming too much sugar can result in acne as the collagen in your skin weakens. Thus, to maintain youthful looking skin for longer, you should remove sugar from your diet completely.
- Sugar can be addictive: Most people who consume too much sugar get addicted to it. According to a study, the addiction to sugar is very similar to addiction to tobacco and drugs. You might start craving sugar and depending on it to change your mood more often than required. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I am 41 years old diabetic patient last 8 years and my latest blood test report is fb is 111, pp is 89, uric acid is 4.4,creatinine is 1.13, TSH is 2.228 Spot urine microalbumin is 33.9,creatinine, urine-172, Albumin/creatinine Ratio-19.71,I take Inj. Human Mixtard 30/70 ten minutes before breakfast 8 units and also before dinner 8 units each along with tablet semi reclimet half an hour 0ne before breakfast and half an hour half before dinner also my doctor gave me one cap. NEPHROSAVE and one tablet Telma 40 after breakfast. I take also tab Eltroxin 25 MCG empty stomach for TSH but now it's normal. Earlier I take 12 units insulin before breakfast than last month my doctor reduced to 8 units. My question is can I continue with this insulin or reduced 4 units before breakfast? Why my fb is higher than pp? please say my report is ok or not? Microalbumin is 33.9 means? Is it any serious or high? Also give some diet chart for liver and kidney disease? Can I eat dal, brinjal,pumpkin, cauliflower,tomato, soybean,paneer, spinach and fish? Please reply my text and give me your variable suggestions.
Sir I m thyroid patient. T2.342. T3.22. And t4.0. 01. I m taking thyroid medicine regularly. Can you tell me permanent remedy of my dease. Pls give me advice.
6: 30am- 1 cup of tea (or) milk, without sugar.
2 high fibre biscuit.
8: 00am- 3 idly's (or) 2 dosa (medium size), along with
Mint / tomato chutney.
11: 00am- 1 glass buttermilk along with green salad / sprouts.
1: 30pm- 3 cup of rice along with 1 cup of sambhar / dal along
With 1 cup of vegetable curry / 3 piece
Chicken (medium size)
4: 00pm- 1 cup of tea (or) milk, without sugar.
3 high fibre biscuit / 1cup fruit salad (or) sprouts.
8: 00pm- 3 chappati with 1cup dal (or) vegetable curry.
Avoid refined sugar and sugar products, ground nut, potatoes.