Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Jishnu Banerjee
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Jishnu BanerjeeYour feedback matters!
He is a very good doctor. I visited him at Columbia Asia for follow up check up. He didn't charge for that even. His behaviour is very good, talk sufficient with the patient, no hurriness.
Appointment on your site is not valid. When I called the given No for confirmation, They said it's all rubbish and given a fresh appointment. Pl stop confusing people
Dear sir, my self moumita Roy, and I have problem to thyroid .so I have proper treatment for your suggestion
Gestational diabetes is also known as gestational mellitus diabetes (GDM). It is a prevalent disorder which affects pregnant women and the main cause of this condition is the imbalance in the functioning of the insulin, which mainly happens due to the presence of human placental lactogen. Expecting mothers show a raise in their blood sugar level, especially during the last trimester of their pregnancy. Women who do not have a medical history of diabetes can also be affected with this condition.
Prominent symptoms of gestational pregnancy include:
Gestational diabetes does not have any prominent symptoms; it can only be diagnosed through proper and professional screening of blood sugar level. You should immediately consult a doctor if you have any of the following symptoms:
- Increased level of blood sugar
- Trouble to concentrate
- Recurrent headaches
- Increased thirst
- Blurry vision
- Sudden weight loss
- Decrease in low blood sugar level
- Pangs of hunger
- Pale skin and dry skin
- Excessive sweating
- Persistent weakness
How can you manage gestational diabetes?
Modification of lifestyle pattern, healthy food habits and moderate physical exercise can help minimize the risk of gestational diabetes in expecting mothers.
In order to manage gestational diabetes, the following things should be followed:
- The treatment when accompanied with balanced diet and routine exercises, reduces the occurrence of health problems in both mother and child.
- A routine screening for type ii diabetes should be conducted throughout the pregnancy, to ensure early detection and treatment of the same.
- A diet rich in fiber and whole grains minimizes the risk of diabetes in pregnancy, fresh fruits and vegetables are also known to check the blood sugar level in expecting mother, minimizing the occurrence of health problem in both mother and child.
- Giving up the use of cigarettes and other forms of tobacco may reduce the chances of gestational diabetes in female smokers.
How Does Gestational Diabetes affect Pregnancy?
Gestational diabetes is harmful for both the expecting mother and the child. It increases the risk of complications in pregnancy that can prove to be fatal.
Potential risks of gestational pregnancy include: