Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Humayun Ali ShahYour feedback matters!
I am 25 year old and I have backache and my bother have also the same problem that the same I have so what can we do? Tell us some precautions.
My father is 60 years and he often complaints about pain in his knees and legs. He feels cold on his knees, also feels lathargic some time. He gets tired while climbing stairs. He is a vegetarian, no smoking but couple of drinks twice a months. Please suggest me something.?
I am 21 years old. I have pain in my lower back just above my right buttock. I got suddenly, im suffering from past two days. What should I do?
Hi, I am feeling tired every time ,and there is also pain in shoulder joint on both hands and always I feeling tired and feeling weak .and also suffering from night fall .could you please tell me the which test I should go through to cure this .bcz there is so much pain going on my shoulder, I can't pick little bit heavy things pain is going in my shoulder .please help me out of this.
Had forearm fracture and fixed it with surgery by nail in the radius now 1 and half months over and cast is removed but after removing cast I feel pain in thumb finger and unable to bend it. And wrist also pain. What should I do I am very fear that whether my hand can't work as before. Please help me out. 0 Doctor Answered.
My index finger on my left hand hurts really bad it feels like its broken but its not I do not recall injuring it but I can't bend it or straighten it.
Can I take vita d3 injection monthly if I have lumber scrum and cervical problem and doctor prescribed me once. I take b12 ever month 1.
I am 39 years my weight is 95 kg, my height is 5.4, I have ligament tear in my right knee, I have slip disc in l4, l5, high bp. Etc, please suggest how to loose weight. Rapidly fast if any medicine that can help to reduce the weight.
I had fever 4 days back. Had been to a General Physician and they suggested some medicines. I have severe knee joint pain and ankle joint pain from 4 days. I shared the same to the GP and she told it is viral fever. The fever came down after a day itself. However the joint pain is still there. I am a breast feeding mother. Worried - could it be dengue or chikungunya?
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is a painful one that is born from a strain on the median nerve, which loops through the wrist bone to connect it with the rest of the hand and fingers so as to promote motion. This condition can be a painful and debilitating one that usually starts at night, and affects the various fingers, especially the thumb and index finger. The symptoms include numbness, a tingling sensation, a weak grip, and the inability to do many tasks that involve the thumb and index finger. There are many ways of treating this condition with the help of physiotherapy, steroids and corticosteroids. There are easier ways of dealing with this issue on an everyday basis, as follows.
- Wrist Splint: It is a good idea to wear a wrist splint at night which will keep the bones and muscles stationary as the pain in this condition usually starts at night. This will also prevent further damage to the median nerve.
- Activity: Keep your activity to a minimum to give your hand and rest, in particular, some much needed rest from the pain, numbness and tingling. Further, you need to avoid activities that cause too much pain and numbness. Also, take care to keep your thumb and wrist straight during other activities so that there is less strain on the median nerve.
- Strength and Flexibility: Many times, the pain from the wrist and fingers can spread towards the arm as well. In order to prevent this and to treat the pain on a more long term basis, it is important to turn to some mild exercise which can make the area more flexible and strong. This can include wrist twists which can be done ten times for each hand. One can also try Yoga to strengthen the joints in the upper body.
- Ice Pack: Use an ice pack or ice compress on your wrist for ten to fifteen minutes each every few hours to help in relieving unbearable pain.
- Anti-Inflammatory Medication: Patients suffering from this condition can also turn to non steroid medication that will help in bringing down the inflammation. This inflammation is usually responsible to a great extent for symptoms like numbness and pain which can halt various activities. These drugs may include aspirin, ibuprofen, and even naproxen sodium.
- Taking Breaks: One must take regular breaks at work and flex the fingers and the wrist so that the painful bending posture does not make matters worse.
Ensuring that you manage your everyday functioning despite Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is a matter of balancing your activities with rest.