Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Dhruba RayYour feedback matters!
Meri shadi ko 4 saal ho chuke hai koi baby nhi h. Meri tube block thi jiska maine 2013 m laproscopy bhi karaya tha. Or for 9 month ki dots ki medicine bhi li thi or 3 bar tube m dawayi bhi dali.
If you tell people that their diet or lifestyle or habits make them unhealthy, and chances are that they’d believe you. Not only that, they’d even agree with you wholeheartedly. But if you tell them that the same makes them dumber, then they’d either laugh at you or fight with you. However, its true. Certain things really lower your IQ. Read on to find out.
1. Group projects or meetings: Being a part of group projects or meetings can greatly drain your brain reveals a recent study. The reason for that is that when you’re in a group you have to concentrate more on behaviour and interaction, as a result of which your brain’s performance reduces and you end up making more ‘silly mistakes.’ In fact the situation worsens in a mixed sex group. Research found out that 14% men fare poorly at mental tasks when they feel that women are watching them. Best performance on the other hand is guaranteed when you work alone.
2. Jetlag: Jetlag can cause permanent problems in learning and memory. Research carried out by the University of California revealed that frequent jet lags are equivalent to a hangover that lasts way too long. This can cause you trouble in learning new things. In fact the same study also revealed that the effect of frequent jet lags can last more than a month, making you stupider in the long run. This is because constantly resetting your body clock can alter the anatomy of your brain. That’s the reason why flight attendants are found to suffer from severe memory loss.
3. Being spanked as a child: A research conducted by the University of Hampshire showed that children who were hit as punishment suffered from trauma that hampered their mental growth, and as a consequence led to lower IQs. This post-traumatic stress disorder faced by children who were spanked was the same that soldiers go through when watching heads being blown off. Not only that, even letting babies cry can cause lower IQs in them as the stress experienced is the same. In fact, letting babies cry can cause permanent brain damage which can also lead to trust issues. However, conflicts among family members has a positive impact in decision making, executive function of the child.
4. Junk food: A study found out that kids who eat plenty of junk food at the age of 3 can suffer from low IQs at the age of 8 as compared to those who followed a healthier diet. Eating junk food led to underdeveloped cognitive, behavioural and social skills in children due to lack of nutrition required by the brain to develop properly. In fact sugary foods can have the same effect on adults as well. Overdose of sugar can make your body resistant to insulin which interferes with the way your brain cells work, making you more stupid as a result.
5. Being a city dweller: Living in a city can be the reason why you suffer from poor memory, inattention and learning problems. The reason behind is that living in a city is very taxing for your brain, and your attention is divided between all the multitasking you have to do. This can lead to exhaustion, which as a result can lead to poor memory since your brain is just too tired to recall things. On the other hand, greener environments have the exact opposite effect and can help your brain in functioning more efficiently.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Having Multiple Sex Partners - Good or Bad? Multiple sex partners means having more than one person that you engage in sexual activity with. There are many risks associated with having multiple sexual partners, such as an increase in risk of pregnancy and transmitting a sexual disease. However, some people believe that it is natural to have multiple sex partners and that it can keep your sex life exciting if you are not just having sex with one person. It is your personal choice to have sex with multiple people, however you need to be careful particularly as it carries multiple risks. The more sexual partners you have, the higher the risk of catching a sexually transmitted infection (STI). There are many reasons why people have lot of sexual partners. This may be from the use of alcohol or drugs, which make you want more sex. This may also be from the excitement that you get from having multiple partners, or that you feel liberated having casual sex with multiple partners. Drugs or alcohol increase your chance of having risky sex and making decisions that you wouldn't normally make in these situations, such as having unprotected sex if your judgement is clouded. If you are having sex with multiple people, only one of them needs to be infected with an STI for it to be passed between everyone. You can pass it to your partners, and if they are all having sex with multiple partners this can be passed to their partners, and so on. You cannot ever be sure whether someone has an STI by just looking at them or their behaviour, so you need to make sure that you are extra careful and dont take any unnecessary risks. If you are in a relationship and you both agree to have multiple partners, you need to be open with your partner and honest about any risks you may have taken, such as having unprotected sex. Having multiple partners while you are in a relationship can cause major strain and both physical and emotional trauma, so if this is something that you want to engage in, you need to have a hard think about whether this will harm your relationship. Ask yourself why you want to have multiple partners, and how your partner will feel about this. You also need to consider the emotional implications that can come from having multiple sex partners. Can you handle having so many people close to you, and prevent yourself from getting attached? Will you be okay with having impersonal sex that wont provide any emotional fulfillment? There is also a risk of making yourself a bad reputation if you always have multiple sexual partners; you dont want people to think that you are easy . This could possibly lead you into situations where people may assume that you are willing to have sex or may take advantage, so you need to be careful and always be sensible if you have multiple sexual partners and having casual sex. You are also at a higher risk of getting pregnant if you are having sex with multiple partners, as it is often in a casual manner so you are less focused on using protection, particularly if drugs or alcohol are involved. There is also a high risk of getting pregnant, and if this happens, you may then be facing with the problem of figuring out who the father of the baby is. The main thing you have to worry is how this may affect your health, and the steps you can take to be safe if you have multiple partners to ensure that you are never in danger.
What are causes of poly cystic ovarian disease. And is this causes for to remain pregnant? Please help.
My vagina is paining and sensitive and there is blood in my urine. While urinating there is excruciating pain. Pls advise.
Just I sucked a sex worker breasts, but I had rashes on my lower lip, after sex I touched the used condom, did I get hiv by doing oral Sex.
I'm 25 years old female got married in 2014 and I have vaginal pain and white discharge for the past four months. The pain is increasing day after day. Now the discharge color is changed to red and I found blood presence in that discharge.
I am 27yrs female. I am a SLE patient. I am getting married soon. Bt I m in worried about SLE problem. I have heard that it is very difficult to conceive. Please can you tell me is dat right or not. What precautions should be taken in pregnancy. At present. I m taking omnacortil 10 mg daily. Please give solution to this problem. I'll be very thankful to you.
Hi doctor, I am 38 years old female, I hv a 8 years old son .now we are planning for 2 child but unable to conceive since last 1 yr. In jan 2015 I was conceived but that time I terminate my pregnancy by taking medicine because I also had ovary cyst. Now we are planning for 2 child .so kindly suggest what are reason I am unable to conceive and also suggest to whom I need to consult regarding the same.
When we truly care for ourselves, it becomes possible to care far more profoundly about other people. The more alert and sensitive we are to our own needs, the more loving and generous we can be towards others. ~eda leshan
Most women have been taught since childhood to put their family's needs first. In fact, in our society, one of the main qualities of being feminine is being selfless. Women have not only become comfortable with looking into other family members needs but also perfected the art.
When women are asked to bring themselves back into the picture, it very often feels as if we are asking them to break some rule of womanhood or doing something forbidden. But think about it for a moment, if you do not take the time to nurture yourself and refresh your energy stores, how can you truly care for others?
You wouldn't send your child off to school hungry or send your husband off to office without his lunch tiffin. Yet you are continually pushing yourself past the breaking point and ignoring the fact that there will be negative effects due to the continual denial of your body's needs. Think back to the last time you had a disturbance free breakfast or a relaxed lunch or dinner with your family. The reality is, you have to come first- at least some of the times. This may seem an uncomfortable thought, but think about it this way: only if you can take care of your health, can you take care of others.
Taking care of your health and wellbeing is an essential part of creating a healthy life that you can love. When you make yourself a part of your family equation, you create a healthy balance in your family's health.
Some tips for you to relearn how to take care of your health:
- don't start your day on an empty stomach. At least, have a fruit or a cup of milk within 15 minutes of getting up in the morning. You need the energy to make the breakfast for your family and yourself.
- avoid long gaps in between your main meals. Carry some healthy mini snack with you always in case you are working out of home or are in office.
- avoid finishing your child's left over meals. Over eating like this will not help anyone.
- avoid always being the one to eat the leftover meals. Try to learn to cook a moderate amount so that there is not food left over for the next day.
- try and make a habit of drinking water regularly.
- try to prepare a dish you love at least once a fortnight. It's not always about what your husband or child love to eat. Treat yourself too with the foods you have always eaten as a child.
- eating your meals before at a certain time before your husband does is not a crime. Or at least, eat your meals with your family and not alone after everyone else has finished their meal.
- try and keep regular sleep and exercise timings.
- learn to say 'no' when you can't.
- always ask for help when you need it.
- you are a wife or a mom, not a superwomen or supermom. Learn to be realistic with your expectations of yourself.
- love your body the way it is and don't indulge in mindless 'crash diets'.
- practice and you won't have to preach. Remember your child will learn by observation so if you follow healthy habits your child will do the same as an adult.
- don't feel guilty about being compassionate and kind to yourself.
Remember health is a relationship between you and your body. Nurture this relationship.
I am trying to conceive but m not able to conceive from last 6 month. I have a regular period but this month on 4 june I just got spotting. I want to know whether am pregnant or not. Is it possible to have spotting in early pregnancy?
People who have diabetes know the disease can harm the eyes, nerves, kidneys, heart and other important systems in the body. Did you know diabetes can also cause problems in your mouth?
People with diabetes are at special risk for periodontal (gum) disease, an infection of the gum and bone that hold the teeth in place. Periodontal disease can lead to painful chewing difficulties and even tooth loss. Dry mouth, often a symptom of undetected diabetes, can cause soreness, ulcers, infections, and tooth decay. Smoking makes these problems worse.
Q. What can I do?
1. Good blood glucose control - people with poor blood glucose control get gum disease more often and more severely than people whose diabetes is well controlled.
2. Daily brushing and flossing
3. Regular dental checkup
Q. What happens if I have plaque?
Plaque that is not removed hardens over time into tartar and collects above your gum line. Tartar makes it more difficult to brush and clean between your teeth. Your gums become red and swollen, and bleed easily—signs of unhealthy or inflamed gums, called gingivitis.
When gingivitis is not treated, it can advance to gum disease called periodontitis. In periodontitis, the gums pull away from the teeth and form spaces, called pockets, which slowly become infected. This infection can last a long time. Your body fights the bacteria as the plaque spreads and grows below the gum line. Both the bacteria and your body’s response to this infection start to break down the bone and the tissue that hold the teeth in place. If periodontitis is not treated, the gums, bones, and tissue that support the teeth are destroyed. Teeth may become loose and might need to be removed.
Q. How will I know if I have mouth problems from diabetes?
Meet your dentist.
Some of the first signs of gum disease are swollen, tender, or bleeding
You may need to postpone any nonemergency dental work if your blood glucose is not under control.
Q. How does smoking affect my mouth?
Smoking raises your chances of getting gum disease, oral and throat cancers, and oral fungal infections. Smoking also discolors your teeth and makes your breath smell bad.
Q. How can I keep my mouth healthy?
Follow these steps:
1. Keep your blood glucose numbers as close to your target as possible.
2. Eat healthy meals and follow the meal plan that you and your doctor or dietitian have worked out.
3. Brush your teeth at least twice a day with fluoride toothpaste. Fluoride protects against tooth decay. Aim for brushing first thing in the morning, before going to bed, and after each meal and sugary or starchy snack.
4. Use a soft toothbrush. Gently brush your teeth with the toothbrush angled towards the gum line. Use small, circular motions. Brush the front, back, and top of each tooth. Brush your tongue, too.
5. Change your toothbrush every 3 months or sooner if the toothbrush looks worn or the bristles spread out. A new toothbrush removes more plaque.
6. Use fluoride mouth rinse to prevent tooth decay.
7. Use dental floss to clean between your teeth at least once a day. Flossing helps prevent plaque from building up on your teeth.
8. Use a dental pick or brush—thin tools designed to clean between the teeth.
9. See your dentist twice a year for a cleaning and checkup.
Your dentist may suggest more visits if you need them.Follow your dentist’s advice. If your dentist tells you about a problem, take care of it.
Hello all, one of my friend had a self wanted abortion in jan later she regret for the decision and decided to get pregnant again. Then she miscarriage at 6 weeks She had the torch test done yesterday Here are the readings Rubella igG = 2.88 Cytomegalovirus cvm igG = 3.56 Rest all infection is negative. Is this miscarriage happened because of above infection? How it can be treated? How to avoid next miscarriage? How to have a healthy pregnancy next time? Since this above infection is positive after how many months she shud try? Will this infection affect next pregnancy? Please suggest She is very upset.
Men and women look differently, act differently, dress differently and even communicate in dissimilar ways. Therefore, it's no surprise that their reaction to sex should be different. While men's minds and genitals are usually in alignment, women are less likely to have a link between their mind and genital area. This is because of one of the most complex creations of nature is the human brain, and there are subtle differences in its reactions to different things for both men and women.
How different are the reactions of both the genders to sex?
A study carried out by a psychology professor at queen's university, Meredith Chivers, revealed that while in men the mind and body seem to be in tune with each other, a woman's mind and genitals sometimes respond oppositely to sexual arousal.
What is the reason for this difference in responding?
Firstly, in the case of women, oxytocin (also known as intimacy/cuddle hormone) is released during sex and this hormone encourages bonding and empathy, which leads to an increased feeling of bonding and intimacy.
In the case of men the brain releases more of a hormone, which can make them susceptible to sex addiction. When a man has an orgasm, the main hormone which is released is dopamine (pleasure hormone) and this surge can be addictive.
Men's arousal pattern has repeatedly emphasized their sensitivity to visual stimuli. As soon as the lust-inspiring image registers in their brain, they become turned on, not only physically but also psychologically. Exposure to such erotic stimuli immediately activates that part of their brain that is related to getting an erection. Women, on the other hand, react differently to different stimuli, with their responses varying from emotional to sexual or a mix of both.
The study made use of a total of 134 previous studies of which approximately 1, 900 men and 2, 500 women were a part to come to this conclusion. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.