Lybrate.com has top trusted Ayurvedas from across India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. DesajYour feedback matters!
Factors increasing absorption of calcium:
1 vitamin d: vitamin d works in the digestive tract to absorb calcium into the blood stream from the walls of the duodenum. Vitamin d also helps maintain normal blood calcium level.
2. Parathyroid hormone: it increases calcium transport across the membrane of intestinal cells.
3. Acid environment: hydrochloric acid secreted in the stomach during the process of digestion is required for the absorption of calcium in the duodenum. Calcium supplements could be taken with magnesium at bedtime or between meals due to the acid environment needed in the stomach to assimilate the calcium. Always consult a physician before beginning a new supplement regimen.
4. Milk lactose: it favors absorption in infants. Lactose is acted upon by intestinal microbial flora to form acid which causes lowering of ph which makes calcium more soluble.
5. Amino acids: supplemental calcium is often chelated, or combined with protein molecules called amino acids, to help the body absorb them during digestion. Lysine and arginine increase calcium absorption.
6. Exercise: exercise along with vitamin d intake helps calcium absorption thereby making bones strong.
Factors decreasing absorption of calcium:
1. Oxalic acid& phytic acid: foods that are high in oxalic acid such as spinach, chard and chocolate, reduce calcium absorption. Oxalic acid binds with the calcium to form a salt crystal, calcium oxalate which cannot be absorbed. Phytic acid, which is found in whole-grain foods and high-fibre foods, effects calcium absorption the same way.
2. Phosphorus: too much phosphorus in the diet causes precipitation of calcium in the form of calcium phosphate.
3. Stress: stress can have a negative effect on hcl production in the stomach and on normal digestive behaviour in the body, and can therefore have a negative effect on calcium absorption.
4. Caffeine, drugs like anticoagulants, cortisone and thyroxine reduce calcium absorption.
V lack of exercise and vitamin d deficiency leads to decrease calcium absorption.
Hi doctor, l am 25years old married girl, my marriage has come to complete two years but I am not getting pregnant. And secondly my period come at every after10days later than last one. This happen from three cycle. Please help me as I m worried.
I'm suffering in acute migraine pain for last 15 years. Frequency of this sudden pain is almost twice in a month. The pain continues upto 24 hours. It also include vomiting and loose motion during the period. What is the remedy?
Hi I asking this question for my frnd. The problem is she facing a problem of white water discharge till the age of 15 but the white water discharge coming in low quantity is this a major issue or normal pls suggest she is very stressed.
Hello Doctor! MY age is 32 I am trying to conceive for more than 2 years .My amh is low but I have follicles. I have started doing acupuncture 3 times a weak. Will it help me in ovulation and improving egg quality Kindly reply.
I observed thinning of my hair due to which centre of my scalp appears to look bald, can it b reversed or the only option is to get hair implant done.
Abdominal pain upperFemale, 29Hi I m jai My wife roopa having upper abdominal pain she delivered baby last month now suffering from pain went to gastro he performed blood and ultrasound test esr value came 28mm and mild heptalogy he said nothing serious just take udiliv 300 mg and meftal for 15 days Is this serious or just infection why pain is occurring in pregnancy gynecologist said it's normal Now this is the third time in four months she had pain upper abdomen what's the can we go for further tests or I m unneccecerley worried please advise.
Hello sir I am 26 year old. I have dark circle near eyes. It is deep. It is from 1 year. Please help how to remove it.
Hello doctor, my father age 77 years, last one month thay suffer a knee pain, sugar control. Last 30 year sugar patient. Please solution. Thanking you.
Sir, are sexually transmitted diseases caused or transmitted? And if oral sex is practised between two healthy partners then is there something to worry about STD'S?
Good even sir my age is 18 I am having pimples on my face since 3 years cam you suggest good treatment and dier controls.
I am 23 year old male. My weight only 41 kg. I want to grow my weight so you will suggested to me of what to do ?
I want to make. Abs how I should do that. & which food I eat. I want to make my self fit & powerful.
A heart attack occurs when the flow of blood to the heart is blocked, often by a buildup of fat, cholesterol, and other substances, forming a plaque in the arteries. If blood flow is not restored quickly, the section of heart muscle begins to die, starving for oxygen. This causes a heart attack. A heart attack can also be caused by the rupture of the coronary artery. During a coronary rupture, the coronary arteries get restricted, reducing blood supply to the heart muscle.
Each coronary artery supplies blood to a region of the heart muscle.
Extent of damage to the heart muscle depends on the area supplied by the blocked artery and time between injury and treatment. Making some changes in your diet; how consistently you exercise; how much you weigh and how you manage stress can help you to recover from a heart disease quickly.
You can undo some, but probably not all of the damage, if you're willing to make big and lasting changes to your lifestyle. To reverse the impairments caused by a heart attack/disease you can become a vegetarian. Filling your platter with fruits and vegetables, whole grains, soy products, non-fat dairy and egg whites while avoiding fat, refined sugar and processed carbs is a sure-shot way of keeping your heart healthy and preventing future attacks. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cardiologist.