Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Debjani Chatterjee
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Debjani ChatterjeeYour feedback matters!
Hello, I have a scar on my face because of chicken pox which happened 5 years ago. The scar has left a black spot. I want to remove it, can you help me with this.
Hi Dr. I am 32years women my body co lour is fair but my face color is charged dark as I was on filed job. But there is no change in face co lour as using olay natural fair cream. Face giv any tips for my face is dry. Pls suggest me some solution for this.
I am a 25yr old male and my colour is fair but it change to black for last 2 months. What should I do?
Hi, I am 52 years old, female. I have pigmentation under my eyes and upper cheeks area. I have tried several medicines as per doctors advice like Mela, Melaglow, Happy glow, Xinvest but there were absolutely no effect and I still have the spots. I have also tried a laser treatment but it was of no use. Please advice what shall I do to get rid of these spots.
Good morning I got acne scars and black spots on my face and I need to cure fast.I want my fair face back please help me.
I'm 30 years old and I have black colors around my eyes. I take 8 hrs sleep but still the dark circles are not going. Please advice.
I have my face problem early 1years ago iwas handsome but when pimples start coming its make my face dirty and small black black in many place on my face so please tell me how I remove this black pore, some medicine and face wash for using in my face nice for my face.
Please suggest some face wash containing kojic acid. My skin is oily. Will be better if its not too much costly.
My skin is getting tanned. Can you please tell me. What shall I do to avoid tanning even if we go out in hot sunlight. Just sunscreens are not at all enough for its prevention. I want doctor's cure also Thank you.
Suggest me good fairness cream and good acne free cream. Backson fairness cream is not available in market. Star brite cream also not available. So suggest good and reputed cream which available in market easily.
Possibly the most common skin problem in the world, acne is the inflammation of the skin pores when excess oil and dead skin cells clog them. Acne can manifest in many forms such as blackheads and whiteheads, and papules among others. More than the acne, the scars they leave behind tend to cause the most grief as they look quite unsightly. There are multiple modern dermatological treatments which can help you resolve this problem. Some of the treatments that are commonly used are mentioned below –
- Chemical Peels: This is one of the most common methods used for the treatment of acne scars. Specially mixed chemical formulations are used to dissolve away the top layer of the skin which contains most of the scars. Once the top layer goes away, the new layer of skin which regenerates doesn’t have the scars.
- Light Therapies and Laser Treatments: There are many types of laser and light therapies which use a focused light to burn away the top layer of the skin to regenerate it and reduce the scar. Certain specialized lasers use high-intensity pulses to treat raised acne scars specifically.
- Dermabrasion and Microdermabrasion: One of the most popular and commonly found treatments, is dermabrasion. This method uses an electrical machine that removes the top layer of skin which is akin to sanding. However, this is a fairly invasive option and will require some time for recovery. A less invasive procedure is microdermabrasion which uses finer instruments for this purpose and tends to have lesser downtime.
- Dermal Filler Injections: These injections are used to plump up certain areas of skin which need to be treated. Most of them work on the principle of boosting collagen which is responsible for healing the skin. Once boosted, collagen works to fill gaps and regenerate new skin. However, most of these are temporary and only last for about a year or so.
- Incisions Under the Skin: Sub-cision or subcutaneous incision uses a tuned surgical probe to separate the scar tissues of acne from the normal skin. This will result in the skin to rise and thus flatten the dent of the acne scar.
- Autologous Fat Transfer: A form of therapy which is becoming popular very quickly, this method uses fat taken from one area of your body and injected into the scar area. This results in raising the depressed areas of the skin and flattening the scars. However, fat is easily absorbed within the body and thus the effect may diminish within some time. You may be needed to redo the procedure over regular periods.
- Cryotherapy: The area around the scar is frozen in a targeted manner which results in the scar tissue falling over and exposing newer skin which is smooth and devoid of scarring. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
Hi Kya me "clindamycin & nicotinamide gel and mometasone furoate & fusidic acid cream" dono cream ek sheth use kar sakta hu.
Hi, My age 31, single. I am having dark patches on my skin that too in both the legs and both the hands. Now I am about to marry this year so worrying about this. Please advice me what should I do to get rid off this ?
I have suffered from chickenpox in previous month and it left blackspot on my whole body and face what should I do to fade this completely?
I'm 21year old. I want to become fair please tell me the ways to get fair. Are creams are available to get fair skin?
Respected sir, My skin type: combination of oily and dry skin. Age: 20 year I want to know that Multani mitti and Rose water mixture face pack is really very beneficial for totally Removal of Acne and some blackheads Or Not? If yes than tell me Direction or Method oft use this natural face pack. How muck long term the best result to be obtain by use of this natural face pack. Suggest me answer sir properly. I will wait your reply.
Cancer is the most dangerous disease noticeable throughout the world. The most common type of cancer that affects men is prostate cancer. Prostate is a small exocrine gland situated directly below the bladder and in front of the rectum. This is gland is approximately in size of a walnut and plays an important role in production of a milky fluid during orgasm of sex in which the semen travels. During the climax stage of the prostate gland is forced to push the fluid and remove the semen out of the reproductive structures.
Prostate gland is a slow progressive disease which makes many males left unidentified even the presence of prostate cancer even until they die. 6 out of 100 male over the age of 60 are getting prostate cancer. Though prostate cancer can be cured at a better rate when compared to other type of cancer it is always best to stay protected. Prevention is always better than cure. Here are few tips to keep your prostate healthy.
Signs and symptoms of prostate cancer-
During the early stages of prostate cancer there are usually no symptoms. Most men at this stage find out they have prostate cancer after a routine check up or blood test. When symptoms do exist, they are usually one or more of the following:
The patient urinates more often
The patient gets up at night more often to urinate
He may find it hard to start urinating
He may find it hard to keep urinating once he has started
There may be blood in the urine
Ejaculation may be painful (less common)
Achieving or maintaining an erection may be difficult (less common).
If the prostate cancer is advanced the following symptoms are also possible:
Bone pain, often in the spine (vertebrae), pelvis, or ribs
The proximal part of the femur can be painful
Ways to have a healthy prostate –
Diet and weight – the most important factor is the diet to maintain a healthy weight. Avoid fatty food items and take fats from vegetables than from animals. Avoid dairy products and increase the intake of fresh fruits and vegetables.
Exercise – have a regular practise of doing exercise at least for 30mins a day. This really helps you to keep your body fit.
Be precautious – if you have a family history of prostate cancer or if you feel you are at high risk of getting prostate cancer talk with your doctor about it and take preventive drugs as per the doctor’s advice.
Red foods – research shows that men who consume red foods like watermelon, tomato and other red fruits are at lower risk of getting prostate cancer as they contain a powerful antioxidant called lycopene
Caffeine – three to four cups of coffee per day reduces your risk of getting prostate cancer.
- Stop smoking – if you are at high risk of getting prostate cancer it is best advised to quit smoking and alcohol. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an urologist.