Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Debjani ChatterjeeYour feedback matters!
Plastic surgery includes various procedures in order to repair body parts which are damaged and injured or for cosmetic reasons by transferring tissues. The most common procedures performed on patients are lipoplasty, breast augmentation, facelift, eyelid surgery and botox. There have been a lot of assumptions and myths around plastic surgery, but it is no different than any other medical procedures. Here are top plastic surgery myths that you need to be aware of.
- Women are the only customers: Although women have been traditionally known to be the prime customers of plastic surgery, nowadays a lot of men are also opting for various procedures. Non penetrating mild procedures like botox, laser, and dermal fillers are highly popular among men. These are low cost and effective procedures that can make a mile of difference in your look.
- It's all about looking good: There are certainly many procedures focused on restructuring the body parts to enhance beauty but plastic surgery includes a lot of other procedures such as correcting sports injuries, burns, disfigurement due to an accident etc. Cosmetic surgeries are usually opted in those cases where normal exercises, diets and weight loss programs cannot alter the structure of a particular area.
- You will look young forever after opting for a plastic surgery: You can get procedures done to turn back time, but it is difficult to stay that way forever. Plastic surgery usually lasts for decades barring the non-invasive procedures such as botox and laser which are semi- permanent. A healthy lifestyle and occasional clinical touch ups can take away years from your look but it is humanly impossible to remain in the same way forever.
- Gives you smooth skin with no scars: There are procedures to reduce the appearance of scars but a surgery will sustain some kind of scar no matter how minuscule. Post surgery treatments are available to diminish scars but a slight remnant is to be endured.
If you are in need of plastic surgery it is advisable to gather necessary information before going through any procedure rather than believe assumptions. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a cosmetic physician.
Hi. I have multiple lipomas around my body. Is there a cure or treatment for this? Its obviously not a risk but its more of a visual problem that I want to get rid of.
I have pimples problem small pimple are growing on my face and their marks are remains on my face please solve my problem.
Hello sir I just wanted to know about the growth of beard. As I don't have beard on my cheeks. My age is 19 so please guide me what is the suitable condition to have beard.
I am zahir sama, I want to say you my problem that I am suffering that is pimples on my face. I used many soaps like acnelak soap, acne soap etc but no use, as my skin is oil skin, no use of any soaps so please suggest me any medicine.
My face skin is deeply affected how can I make normal skin. Means lots of acne and black skin can I make it back naturally. And how?
I have some oil problem on my face and under my nose. It's very annoying for me. Please tell me what to do?
Hello doc. I got very knowledgeable post about 7 dangerous skin effects due to smoking. An I wanna know that what I should do to cure those effects if I quitted smoking. I want to know how to cure bad effects of smoking to my skin. Please answer me.
Hello doctor, I got some bubbles around my penis, before 3 years it was less I been not absorbed for these period, not its got all over the penis head really I am scared, please help me by medicine.
Hi sir Am Suresh. Sir. I want to increase my skin color, am looking dull shaded dark skin. In past I used skin lite cream bit whenever I exposed to sunlight it seems to too dark. Please sir I want to increase my color. Suggest me some methods to take care of face and whole body color. Thank you.
I don't know if it's a pimple or acne but it looks like boil. Unknowingly I touch it and next day it becomes a black scar. I have dark black scars all over my face. After using so many creams and home remedies the scars are not fading. I have this problem for 5 years.
I have skin disease only around private part, when I consult my doctor, result is giving medicine and take it and get relaxed for only that time. Again it's happened, how to get rid of this forever.
Hey I have open pores and oily skin I tend to he a lot of white and blackheads immediately even after a saloon clean up too! I have very active in sports I take god care of skin wash it twice a day followed by toners n moisturise Good diet as well! What could be wrong?
A dermatologist is a medical professional who is trained to treat disorders pertaining to skin, hair and nails and genital diseases. Reddened skin, irritation, abnormal patches, blemishes on the skin etc. are the conditions affecting most people at some point of their lives. Hair loss, irritation on the scalp, dandruff, brittle nails are common as well and it is important to see a dermatologist if such conditions persist to prevent any major issue and for the overall well-being of an individual. Here are some very common reasons that drive people to visit their dermatologist.
1. Acne - Acne is the most common skin woe among teenagers and it affects adults as well. Although people tend to self- medicate or use home remedies for treating acne, it is important to recognize its cause. If acne is one's constant reason of embarrassment, it's time to see a professional and get some customized medication.
2. Sun spots or mole - Overexposure to the sun can cause varied skin conditions among which sunspots and sunburns are most commonly seen. If the exposed area develops irritation and red patches, one should seek professional help. An early examination can detect adverse issues like skin cancer. Moles are also very common, some people have moles since birth, and some develop new ones later in life. It is a cause of concern if the mole changes size, color or if it bleeds scabs or pains.
3. Eczema - Eczema is a broad term used to describe certain chronic conditions of the skin. Eczema causes the skin to become red, itchy, dry and swollen. It leads to great discomfort and distress often ruining one's sleep and mental peace. Atopic Dermatitis is a most common form of Eczema usually seen in children. Proper treatment can cause it to subside. If you observe any symptoms of eczema, a visit to the dermatologist is a must.
4. Patches of skin lighter or darker than the normal skin tone - Often some areas of the skin change color and they are not always the result of sun exposure because sometimes the skin can also become lighter. These may be symptoms serious diseases like leprosy or even cutaneous lymphoma, a kind of cancer or a disorder in the connective tissue. A thorough examination will reveal its cause and treatment can be opted for, which will require a visit to a dermatologist.
5. Hair loss - Hair loss may be due to various reasons and a dermatologist is best to treat it.
6. Psoriasis - It is an autoimmune skin disease which causes red scaly rashes on the body. It is important to diagnose and treat it effectively and one should visit a dermatologist for the same.
7. Nail problems - Apart from fungal infection, there are many other conditions which affect nails and the only dermatologist can identify it. So if you have any issues related to nail, consult a dermatologist.
8. Sexually Transmitted Diseases - Unprotected sexual intercourse can predispose one to many sexually transmitted diseases apart from HIV, for example, genital herpes, molluscum, genital warts etc and a dermatologist is well trained for diagnosis and treatment of the same.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!