Lybrate.com has top trusted Endocrinologists from across India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Bijay PatniYour feedback matters!
I have done a thyroid test through Lybrate my report is (T3)=123 (T4)=8.1 (TSH)=2.74 THIS IN MY FIRST REPORT DOES THIS REPORT IS NORMAL MY MOM HAVE thyroid BUT THIS REPORT IS MINE.
I am suffering from diabetes and high blood pressure for last 10 years and have been taking medicine also now am feeling heavily exhausted and get tired very soon.
I am a diabetic. I want to reduce weight. As one of the measures, can I have honey in warm water first thing in the morning, as it is said that it helps in weight reduction?
My mother is 67 years old and is suffering from knee pain for last few months. Her blood sugar is 7 hba1c and pp is 212. Pressure is fluctuating day and night. Please suggest how to reduce the pain. Thank you.
I am a 46 year old male. Very active - all days of the week. Average of 15, 000 steps a day. Crossfit athlete. Run very often. Eat decently. Blood sugar fasting: 88, Post Prandial: 182, Triglycerides: 205.70, LDL: 134, HDL 42.5, Total Cholesterol: 237.80, Blood Uric Acid: 5.3. Is this what is called the metabolic syndrome? I'd rather try and correct the lipid profile through diet and exercise - I already get a lot of exercise. If I start medication, will it be life long?
I am a diabetic with recent record of 120 mg/DL before breakfast and 202 mg/DL. What diet I need to follow. Especially will peanut chutney in the breakfast increases my blood sugar level?
How can the disease of uric acid be cured? What are the things to be ignored to keep it in normal stage?
I am doing yoga, cycling, etc. Etc. From my age of 18. Till date. Than y Diabetes occur in my life at 65 yrs. Of age.
I am a 47 years old male having sugar problem. My fasting sugar vary from 150 to 250. Please advise what should I do?
Earlier 2 days mine maternal uncle age 38-40 reported to diabetes. Then what will be the initial steps to cure the diabetes as it is in first stage? What types of precautions should he hv to take? Is diabetes curable? What are the causes of diabetes? Explain all this plz.
Hi Dr. I am 42 years old male actually I having diabetic type 2 from four months. Bitter gourd and lemon pieces and small amount of ginger/garlic soak full night with water and I consume empty stomach daily basis. Now my question is It's healthy drink or armful of liver/body?
My son is of 18 years and his cholesterol levels and uric acid levels in increasing. With high blood pressure. Please suggest me. Any home remedy to bring the uric acid and cholesterol levels in range. And please diagnose the reasons.
As we age, we may get a lot wiser and experienced; however, the down-side of gaining knowledge and experience is that we also have to face a lot of health issues and troubles. Problems related to hormones and glands become common as we grow older, and one amongst the most common problems is hypothyroidism. This is a problem that affects the thyroid gland, which is located around the throat region, and is commonly found in women. When the thyroid gland does not produce enough hormones or is underactive, you may be diagnosed with hypothyroidism.
The lack of activity in the thyroid gland may lead to a number of other issues such as lowering of metabolism and the disturbance of immunity in the body. The problem of slow thyroid may alsoarise because of the lack of iodine in the body, and in any case, it is important to bring the issue under control so that a healthy lifestyle may be achieved.
Homeopathy and hypothyroidism
One of the best ways to be able to deal with lifestyle and hormone diseases is to opt for homeopathic treatment. Homeopathy is the branch of medicine that usesnatural means and products to treat health issues; the biggest and most stubborn of diseases are known to be treated with the help of this stream of medication. The same holds true for hypothyroidism because it is found that the most effective way to treat this problem is through the use of homeopathic medicines.
Since there are a lot of medicines that can be used for treating hypothyroidism through homeopathy, the medicines that are prescribed by medical practitioners are segregated on the basis of the symptoms or the effects of the problem, such as the following:
- You may be prescribed homeopathy medicines for hypothyroidism if you are experiencing excessive weight gain, which is one of the main symptoms of this condition. In such cases, you may be given medicines that help in controlling not only weight gain issues but also issues of lowered hormone secretion.
- A lot of homeopathy experts also suggest medicines that are exclusively developed for women who experience menstrual issues due to hypothyroidism, which also happens to be a common occurrence.
- The tolerance for cold in a lot of people is also affected due to the presence of hypothyroidism, which may require a different type of treatment or medication in the field of homeopathy.
- Many also suffer from issues such as constipation and hair fall which are generally connected to the symptoms of hypothyroidism, and the homeopathic medicines prescribed by doctors may help in tackling such symptoms.
While it may be wise to choose homeopathy as your preferred stream of medicine when hypothyroidism is diagnosed, it is also important to make sure that the best and the most experienced doctors in the arena are chosen for getting the most effective treatment.
Est NAME WITH Methodology Result Unit Ref. Range IMMUNOLOGY_CHEMI Thyroid Profile-I [T3, T4,TSH] T3 108.7 ng/dl 60-181 T4 6.33 ug/dl 4.5-12.6 TSH (ULTRASENSITIVE) 6.37 uIU/ml 0.27-5.5 What medicine should take in view of that TSH reading is higher.
1. Avoid eating following food items. Potato, rice, corn, corn flakes, market made cereal, muesli (contains added sugar), oily stuff such as parantha, poori & pakode.
2. Take a brisk walk for at least 30 kin per day preferably in morning. Brisk walking means at a pace when you start getting tired and sweaty.
3. Weight reduction is very important. Of you r overweight join some cardio program or swimming or jogging or walking to reduce weight
4. Take small meals frequently. Instead of having large meals at long intervals.
5. Ideally blood sugar should be checked daily but thats not possible in our scenario so once a week or twice a month is f9.
6. Get your eyes checked regularly for signs of diabetic retinopathy. Visit ophthalmologist as soon as you are diagnosed with type diabetes. You will be shocked to know that a large number of diabetics are diagnosed by their ophthalmologists
7. Diabetes have an effect on kidneys and nerves also so get renal function test every 6 monthly or so.
8. Foot care is very imp in diabetes because even a trivial injury in. Leg can become gangrene. Use silicone sole footwear available at medical shops. Never go outside with bare foot.
10. Regular medicine intake is very imp
11. Lastly diabetes is a lifestyle disorder. Sedentary lifestyle makes things worse and result into syndrome x which apart from diabetes also includes increased lipids in blood and hypertension. Adopt an active life style.