Lybrate.com has top trusted Nephrologists from across India. You will find Nephrologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Arup Dutta
Submit a review for Dr. Arup DuttaYour feedback matters!
How many years can a patient stay in stage 3 ckd without going into further stage by following good diet and lifestyle. Recently I got to know that my father has got ckd stage 3. Without entering stage 1 or 2! Why!
Kidney stones can range from being the size of a grain to a pebble. These stones can be described as crystallized mineral deposits in the kidneys. Some kidney stones can be passed out of the body along with urine while others may require surgery. Symptoms of having a kidney stone vary from mild to severe. In the case of very small kidney stones, the patient may not experience any symptoms at all. The 5 most common kidney stone symptoms usually experienced are:
- Pain: Pain in the lower abdomen and back is one of the most common symptoms of having a kidney stone. This may be felt just below the ribs, on the centre and sides of the abdomen, in the lower back and in the groin. The intensity of pain is not directly related to the size of the kidney stone. This pain can come and go and will vary in terms of intensity. In certain cases, the pain can be severe enough to warrant a trip to the hospital. This pain is usually a sign that the stone is moving.
- Frequent Urination: People suffering from kidney stones may find themselves needing to go to the bathroom more often than normal. In some cases, patients may also wake up in the middle of the night with the urge to urinate. However, only a small amount of urine may be passed at a time. This is a sign that the kidney stone has moved into the lower urinary tract. Small stones may later be passed out of the body along with urine.
- Bloody Urine: Urine should ideally be pale yellow. Patients suffering from kidney stones may notice that their urine is darker than normal and cloudy. There may also be blood in the urine. This is known as hematuria. The colour of blood in such cases can range from pink to brown. Cloudy urine is also considered a sign of a urinary infection. This is a sign that the urine also contains pus cells or pyuria.
- Nausea: Vomiting and nausea are common symptoms of kidney stones. This is caused by the nerve connections shared by the kidneys and the gastrointestinal tract. The presence of kidney stones in the kidneys or urinary system can trigger an upset stomach. Some people also feel nauseous because of the pain caused by kidney stones.
- Foul Smelling Urine: Under normal conditions, urine should not have a very strong smell. Urine that smells bad is a symptom of a urinary infection. Bacteria in the kidneys or urinary tract can be the cause of this smell. It may also be caused by the high concentration of urine.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hi Just after having sex its just burning during urination I am new to intercourse just after s ex its just burning like hell and I am unable to have any pleasure also what is the solution for this should I always use tablet after intercourse please help.
Urinary incontinence is a problem that can affect anyone. Urinary incontinence is the loss of bladder control or the ability of a person to control his/her urine output. It is an embarrassing problem as the urgeto urinate and lack of bladder control can occur even when you are in the middle of something important. This condition is classified by its severity and ranges from the occasional urine leakage to the discharge of urine so suddenly that the person will not be able to make it to the toilet in time.
Symptoms and types:
The symptoms of urinary incontinence are to do with urine output, and can be categorized by minor leaks of urine to moderate amounts. In some cases, the urine discharge can be sudden. This condition is more common among the elderly.
Types of urinary incontinence:
- Stress incontinence: The leakage occurs when you are exerting pressure on your bladder, and can include instances of coughing, sneezing, exercising or even lifting something heavy.
- Urge incontinence: There is an intense urge to urinate followed by an involuntary loss of urine. The sensation or urge to urinate will be often. This can occur throughout the night too and can cause discomfort both physically and mentally.
- Overflow incontinence: This is experienced when your bladder does not empty completely. As a result, you would be experiencing constant dribbling of urine. No matter how many times you go to the toilet, the dribbling will continue.
- Functional incontinence: This type of incontinence is caused by an impairment, disorder or condition that prevents you from making it to the toilet in time. For example, if you are elderly or if you have severe arthritis, you may not be able to reach the bathroom in time.
- Mixed incontinence: This happens when you experience more than one or two types of the above mentioned urinary incontinence.
Urinary incontinence is not a disease, but could be a symptom of an underlying condition. Do consult with your physician if you notice these symptoms and get treated for it. A simple urinalysis will help to determine and diagnose infections and other disorders causing this condition.
There are many factors that can put you at risk. Most involve everyday habits and the food that we eat. There are certain drinks such as alcohol, caffeine, aerated drinks, and chocolate drinks that can also stimulate your bladder and can increase the output of urine temporarily. Reducing your intake of these beverages particularly at night and limiting your intake of spicy foods could help you deal with this condition.
Making a few healthy lifestyle changes such as maintaining a healthy weight and regular exercises to strengthen the pelvic region can help to prevent conditions such as urinary incontinence. Watch what you eat and curb your intake of acidic and spicy foods. Also, limit or reduce your consumption of foods high in preservatives. Quit smoking and reducing the intake of alcohol will also be beneficial.
Coping with urinary incontinence can be embarrassing. Hence talk to your doctor about it and get medical attention immediately. Using adult diapers could help reduce the stress and embarrassment involved with this condition. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
The medical term used for kidney disease is Nephrosis and it is seldom also known as the nephritic syndrome. There are a lot of likely causes for this condition and it is detected by carrying out urine test. The treatment for Nephrosis is a long term treatment and done mainly to prevent kidney failure. The kidney disease is very painful and occurs in people of all age groups. It is very important for people who are new to kidney disease that they know about the nine things they should do to stay strong.
Important information on kidney disease:
- The feeling of helplessness on occurrence of kidney disease can be overcome by educating yourself. Individuals should learn everything about kidney disease and can gain vital information even from the Internet.
- It is very obligatory that the advice of the doctor be followed by an individual suffering from Kidney disease. It is not indispensable that the kidney disease always leads to failure of kidney and to keep your kidney healthy and stay away from any damage, it is necessary to comply with the orders of the Doctor.
- It is very important that you stick to a diet, which would keep you healthy and protect your kidneys from any further damage. You should be mindful on everything you eat and you can gain assistance on your diet from a renal dietitian.
- When you suffer from chronic kidney disease, the blood values become very important to gauge the condition of your disease and whether it is getting worse or stable. From time to time, the healthcare provider would check your urine and blood regularly and he would also monitor your blood pressure and blood sugar.
- You can ask help from the support group and accept their assistance. Your family is your best support system in times of need and so involving them is very important.
- You must make sure that you are getting the proper care you need and you need to educate yourself by communicating as well as asking questions.
- You can feel much better by being active, so do things that make you happy. You can exercise regularly, but after taking advice from your doctor. Your main focus must be to keep your heart healthy.
- A positive attitude is anytime helpful in healing a disease. You can listen to music that entertains your mind and helps you stay positive.
- It is not difficult to stay healthy even with kidney disease, as a positive feeling would eventually help face the kidney disease. You must plan ahead and be ready for kidney transplant without getting worried.
Most importantly, spread awareness and help people tackle the situation without any difficulty.