Lybrate.com has top trusted Nephrologists from across India. You will find Nephrologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Arup DuttaYour feedback matters!
Helo, I am using olmat 20 amh. Urine is passing so many times-age-44. Can I use continuously. What is this side effect. Once upon a time doctor told me that my kidney is smaller than normal. Please advice.
Hello doctor my sister is in danger please help us its urgent. She was consult a doctor because she has suddenly heavy fiber and his head is paining and paining so firstly doctor do test of malaria parasite and immunology chromatographic test and urine test also I am going to attach it. Please help us.
Sir. I am getting cloudy urine and I go to toilet in every 30 minutes for urination. Then. What should I do?
Urge to urine can't hold also wake up in middle of for pee. All test are negative uti, prostate etc. Please suggest me what to do to get rid of this and have proper sleep in night. ?
I am 80 year old, type2 diabetic had heart bypass surgery, otherwise spending moderately active life, having problem in smooth passage of urine for the last one year, for the last 3 months taking uromax capsule 1/day on medical advice; after a good initial improvement the problem has recurred. What should I do now.?
Greetings Doctors, My "Glucose Fasting (Method: Hexokinase)" is 82 mg/dl, while the reference value is [70-110] mg/dl. This means that my blood sugar is normal. BUT everyday I go to toilet for urination for 10+ times and the quantity of urine is not less. Could you please tell me what's going on?
Sir I'm suffering with pkd. My age is 45M. My mother died of pkd at 56. Can I do yoga. Suggest some tip to remain healthy. Till date my kft are normal. Thank you.
The presence of blood in urine is known as Hematuria. It is categorized under 2 types:
- Macroscopic haematuria, which means the patient has seen blood.
- Microscopic dipstick haematuria, which means blood is identified by urine microscopy or by dipstick testing either in association with other urological symptoms (symptomatic microscopic haematuria) or during a routine medical examination. It has been variably defined as 3 or more , 5 or more or 10 or more Red Blood Cells (RBCs) per high - power field.
Urological and other Causes of Haematuria
- Cancer: Bladder, Kidney and Prostate Cancer
- Stones: Kidney, Ureteric
- Bladder Infections: Bacterial tuberculosis, infective urethritis Inflammation
- Interstitial Cystitis Trauma : Kidney, bladder, urethra, pelvic fracture causing urethral rupture
- Renal cystic disease: (e.g. medullary sponge kidney)
- Other urological causes: Benign prostatic hyperplasia, vascular malformations
- Other medical causes of haematuria: anticoagulation therapy (e.g. asprin, antiplatelet therapy) Nephrological Causes: more likely in children and young adults, proteinuria; red blood cell casts.
- Urological investigations: Urine culture, urine cytology, cystoscopy, renal ultrasonography and intravenous Urography and CT Urography.
Management of haematuria depends on the cause as determined by the urologist.
I have take kidney transplant last 8 minutes know I am all right my all blood test are normal or no any complaint can I go abroad or settle their.
I am a kidney stone patient, how to remove kedny stone forever, which type of precaution required, is there any homemade medicine for kidney stone?
I am 24 year male. Last from 6 months I am facing kidney stone problem. What should I do even I took medicine as well please suggest me. I do drink 3 to4 water everyday. Suggest me any medicine or treatment thanks.
She doesn't sweats. And also don't drink much water. Sometimes skips lunch or dinner or had but on time. She often has ulcers in her mouth with lips dryness. If she drinks too much water she will go to urine after sometime.
What is solution for kidney stone in modern days, how to remove this I am 7-8 kidney stone in present time.
The all test are normal like cbc,, sugar fasting & p.o, lipid profile, urine analysis, tsh, prolactin,& testerone .all the test in their normal range. No one less or more their range. Wt I have ed problem .there is no erection in daytime. When I masturbate then my penis not erect in the morning if erect then there is soft erection for less time. My penis is also shrink. I don't understand why it happen. I have no drink, no smoke, no use any drug or any other medicine. No over weight. Then why it happen.
Pain in left side middle stomach pain to down stomach pain dark urine and I have also kidney stone 3 mm.
Preventive aspects for kidney failure-
I am Dr D K Agarwal. I’m senior consultant nephrologists’ from the Indraprastha Hospital, New Delhi. I’m from lybrate. We want to discuss how can we save ourself from a kidney failure.
What steps you have to take to save your kidney?
You understand that kidney is very important part to excrete the toxic materials from the body and the kidney failure, once you have the treatment is very costly in the form of transplantation or dialysis. So we should try to save ourself from kidney failure. Now the steps you have to take care of,
- If you are having diabetes in your family then you should control it. And to control it, we have certain parameters like Glycosylated haemoglobin HBA1C. HBA1C tells about th control of last three months. It should be between 6 to 7%.
- Now if you have blood pressure you should control it in the range of 130/180 or lower down it because controlling the blood pressure relieves the kidney failure.
- The pain killers which are an important cause of kidney failure, we should not take it for too long or now and then by self medication.
- Sometimes you know we go to the chemist, buy the drugs without any consultation from the doctor, these are harmful. So pain killers should be taken cautiously.
- Apart from that if you are having any type of kidney problem like stone, like you are not passing good amount of urine, you are putting force in the urine then you should see the doctor immediately. Because if you take care of the kidney problem immediately it will not change to the chronic state and the last stage.
You can connect with me via lybrate 24 hours and we will answer your question about disease.