Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Anamika MukherjeeYour feedback matters!
Marriage is perhaps the most important relation in an adult’s life. That’s why it needs extra care and attention, especially when things are not exactly gung ho. This is where marriage or marital therapy comes in.
Marriage counseling is the process of counseling the married couple to recognize and to reconcile or at least manage differences and repeating patterns of stress upon the marital relationship.
Basic practices of marital therapy
- The basic practices of marital therapy focus primarily on the process of communicating. Counselors use a method called active listening.
- Another method used is called “Cinematic immersion”. Both these methods have one important thing in common- they help counselors create a safe environment where each partner can express feelings and hear the feelings of the other.
- Emotionally focused therapy for couples or EFT-C is also used. This is based on attachment theory and uses emotion as an agent of change and target, both.
- Behavioral couples’ therapy is another method used. It is actually a proven way out of marital discord. This method focuses on integrating the twin goals of acceptance and change for couples in therapy.
The successful couples usually make concrete changes to accommodate the needs of the partner and also show greater emotional acceptance of the other.
Role of the relationship counselor
A couple therapist is usually someone with a degree in psychiatry or counseling. And her primary role is to listen, understand and facilitate better communication between the couple. The counselor also:
- Provides a confidential tete-a tete, which normalizes feelings
- Enables each partner to be heard and to hear themselves
- Works as a mirror to reflect the marriage’s difficulties to the partners
- Outlines the potential and direction for change
- Delivers important information
- Improves communication
- Identifies the repetitive, negative interaction cycle that drives a problematic marriage as a pattern
- Understands the source of emotions behind that negative pattern
- Re-organizes these key emotional responses to offset the pattern
- Creates new patterns of interaction
- Increases emotional attachment between partners
When should you seek marital therapy?
- When you avoid communicating or your communication has become negative- This usually means bad language, verbal abuse, and sometimes physical abuse.
- When you or your partner have sought out other sexual partners – Marital therapy can save a marriage after an affair if both partners want and work out the kinks in their relationship.
- Lack of intimacy in the marriage- This is the stage when partners just occupy the same space without communication, or exchange of feelings or touch.
Marriage counseling is a long process. And another thing to remember is that it can’t save a marriage that is unsalvageable. So, go in for marital therapy with an aim to do what’s the best for you and your partner. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.
I am 30 years old male I have back bone pain and head ek also so in this situation you can suggest what I can do it for this?
I have no time to exercise daily. I am getting fatty stomach. What is the way to lose stomach. Fat. I do not take extra diet. Normally 7. Chapaati in a whole day. And vegetables and salad. Only this. And 2 or times in a week take sweet dish.
Hello dr, I hv 10 month old she does breastfeed. Still I does not get periods is it normal? What should I do?
Gyno has given me Yasmin 21 pills medicine bcoz my stomach pain during periods .I want to ask after taking this medicine my stomach will not pain or it will pain after completing its course and this medicine will harm to my reproductive parts or not. My age is 21 and I have regular periods.
I am 30 years old. My monthly cycle is up down due to age or any other reason. Doctor recommend m2 tone for three months.
Food is essential to our being and the choices that we make on daily basis directly impact not only our health, but also our self-image. Taking this into account, would it not be nice to get to know about a few foods which can make losing weight so much easier?
- To start with, while they should not be had in excess, chilli peppers are well worth incorporating into the meals of the day, as and when possible. This is due to the fact that they contain a significant amount of the chemical compound known as capsaicin, which helps raise the level of the metabolism, making losing weight so much easier!
- While beef or mutton should be generally avoided, chicken can be consumed occasionally, as it is also considered to be a superfood. Chicken can be added by a person on a diet as it comes with quite a few benefits. It is to be kept in mind that not all parts of the chicken are good to eat when on a diet. In fact, it is only the breast of the chicken which is considered to be a superfood. The protein, which this food item contains helps repair the body and it tends to be rather filling without having to be fatty, at all! As a matter of fact, if five ounces of chicken breast are eaten, this would mean that a hundred and eighty-two calories have been consumed and that about two and a half grammes of fat would have been consumed, as well. What is really amazing, though, is the fact that the amount of protein in this much chicken breast is an astounding forty grammes!
- The Japanese are known to live a long healthy life. They are also known to consume a lot of fish. One such fish is Tuna which can really be called a superfood. It is a product that is low on calories but high on the content of protein. If a person consumes canned tuna, he or she should make sure that it should not be canned in oil instead it should have been canned in water. If tuna is canned in oil, you will end up in taking a huge amount of fat and calories.
- Vegetables are known to be good for health though quite a few people are not fans! There are some which must be had as they can do the world of good. Cruciferous vegetables can really be a good part of one’s diet if planning to lose weight as they have higher protein content than most vegetables and fewer calories. Kale, cabbage and cauliflower are some of the examples of cruciferous vegetables.