Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Amit HaldarYour feedback matters!
My mother 63 years is suffering from parkinson (PD) since 2013 is on syndopaplus (7 am&12 pm) and syndopa (3 pm) medication 3 times a day when syndopa withdraws thereby inducing stiffness & rigidity resulting in seizure thereby finding very hard to move and not even able to getup from bed or chair without assistance. Neurologist has now prescribed Bromocriptine 2.5 mg along with syndopa (twice 7 am & 7 pm) to mitigate syndopa side effect. Can this be taken at 7 am and 3 pm instead of 7 pm as the last syndopa taken is at 3 pm or any other alternatives suggestions is welcome.
My hand finger vibrate when I try to stay constant. I don't drink and non veg So I requested what I do.
Respected sir, I am suffering from insomnia. So please give me medicines without side effects sir. So many years I am suffered this insomnia sir. So kindly give advice and medicines to me sir. Numrao, 18-4-16, 12.06 pm Note: I am financially poor sir. So please give me medicines about my budget sir. Thanking you sir.
tegretol tablet total 500 mg potency is taken to contain fits, on reduction of potency fits occur, should it be continued or any alternative advice.
Hi am 45 years man, suffering from hand shaking problem from a log period of time 5 to 7 years. Also was addicted of an tablet apramizole before 5 months. Please suggest an proper treatment.
Dementia is a general classification of brain disease that causes a long haul and the frequent steady abatement in the capacity to think and recall. This causes negative influence a man's every day functioning. Other normal manifestations include issues with dialect and a lessening in motivation. An individual's sense of awareness is not influenced. It affects the person’s thinking, language, sense of judgement and behavior. Major cases of dementia are degenerative in nature and cannot be treated.
Homeopathy is an effective and trusted form of medicine used in the treatment of dementia. A holistic approach is used in homeopathy, which ensures the removal of all signs and symptoms of any disorder. Homeopathic medicines do not only treat dementia, but also address the underlying causes.
Here is a list of important homeopathic medicines and the cases of dementia when they are used.
Nux Vom: This homeopathic medicine is used in cases of dementia where the patient is extremely sensitive to the words and actions of others and is always seeking attention. There is suicidal tendency in the patient and he also is inclined towards killing friends. Although suicidal, the patient does not have the courage to perform the act. Extreme irritation is noticed. The patient becomes vindictive and quarrelsome in nature.
Mercurius: This homeopathic medicine is given to patients with dementia who have lost all sense of decency. They become filthy and develop a groveling mentality. Memory weakens to a great extent and the patient has problems with vision, unpleasant breath odour and a heavily coated tongue.
Ignatia: This homeopathic medicine is given to people who have extreme sensitivity of the mind, which further leads to depression and grief. This may occur due to failure in love relationships.
Calcaria Carb: Calcaria Carb is an effective homeopathic medicine used in cases of dementia where the brain and other organs do not develop properly. The patient becomes forgetful and very slow in learning something.
Lycopodium: This medicine is used when the dementia affected people experience great depression, become despondent and constantly worry about themselves and their activities. They become fearful, irritable and angry. Constipation is also observed in such cases.
Staphisagria: Staphisagria is used to treatment dementia characterized by sleeplessness. The patient becomes cowardly and is full of shamefulness, disgust, humiliation and shyness. He would rather be alone than have company.
Chamomilla: This is another homeopathic medicine for treating dementia with acute sensitiveness. Irritation and peevishness are common, and the patient tends to get angry very easily.
Among the various forms of medicines and treatments for dementia, homeopathy is the most natural and effective remedy. There are homeopathic medicines developed for all types of dementia cases, which work proficiently. However, it is still advisable that without consulting your doctor, you must never take a medicine.
What medicine can be taken for migraine . I was told to take pain killers but since pain killers are not too good to take often wanted to know of there is any homeopathic medicine that can be taken to reduce it . It comes with a bad headache and if I don't take a pain killer I start vomiting . So I require some medicine to stop the pain immediately.
I have migraine since 4months I had consultant a lot of doctors but they unable to cure that. Will you prescribe any medicine to me.
I am 60 yrs old male. My both hands are shaking while I am doing any thing like writing, taking meals, using laptop since last8-10yrs
My age is just 24. Height 5 ft11 inch. Weight 80 kg. Unmarried.since 1 and half year I am having many body problems like numbness and tingling in whole body. Whole body bone and muscle weakness .chest and belly fat enlargement. Doctor had all test all are normal except my serum testosterone since 1 and half year is always lower than 3 ng/ml. Since 1 and half year it is always on lower side. Today I had ultrasound of testicle it shows right measures 2.5 cm*1.5 cm and left 2.5 cm*1.6 cm.it shows bilateral pampiniform plexus on both testis appear prominent on valsalva measuring 2 mm (left side) and 3 mm (right side. Mild varicocele. Epidydimal cyst on left testicle measuring 0.2*0.2 cm.is it the cause of low serum testosterone since 1 and half year?
I am suffering from sciatica pain on the left side starting from hip to heel .Got the x-ray and MRI also done and it confirms the compression of nerve at L4 and L5 level .Kindly suggest a solution.
I am of 21 years and I have a migraine problem please suggest me a good medicine? And How to get rid of tanned skin?
Hello I am 54 years old . I have been suffering through anterior horn cell disease form the past 15 years. Did a MRI Report few years before and found this disease which is growing in me. My hand nd legs r getting weaker day by day. Having pain in lower pack and arms and legs almost all the time. Having sudden phobias. Fingers get weak very easily. wrist drops, unable to hold heavy substance for more than few seconds. I have been trying to find a cure but doctors said theres hardly any cure. Can I know how to cure this disease?
My age is 23 I had recently septoplasty done after that I have numbness in foot in early morning for 5 or 10 min and dry mouth what is reason for that.
Hello doctor I have migration and brain pain problem last one year I am 41 year old man what should I do please tell me doctor.
When I sit or stand I feel a tingling feeling on my back (just opposite side of chest region. The feeling is like what we get due to nerve numbness after keeping our body parts in wrong posture pls help why it's happening.
Obesity is the new-age lifestyle disease with multiple ramifications. While its effects on the physical aspects are very evident, the damage it does to the brain are more severe, though not obvious. Read on to know some harmful effects of obesity on the emotional well-being.
- Leads to binge eating: There is a certain pleasure in eating sugary and fatty food, and this is lost with depression. Therefore, to get that emotional satisfaction, people tend to eat more chocolates, cookies, milkshakes, and other weight-accumulating food items, which further add to obesity. Greater the weight gained by a person, lesser the response or happiness from such food products.
- Increases impulsivity: The area of the brain known as orbitofrontal cortex, which is in charge of controlling impulsivity, shrinks in obese people. This results in people eating more impulsively.
- Affects immunity: Obesity is a major cause of inflammation, leading to damage in certain parts of the brain. This impairs the immune system, making the affected person more prone to infections and tissue damage. This leads to increased chances of diabetes, heart disease, stroke, sleeping disorders, eating disorders, etc. The chemical known as C-reactive protein increases as seen on MRIs in obese people, and which is usually seen in patients with chronically increased inflammation.
- Effects on memory: As the BMI increases, there is a decrease in scores of memory tests. This effect is more obvious in women after menopause. With increased fat accumulation, more hormones are released, which affects the memory. Increased inflammation also affects cognition and memory.
- Increased risk of dementia: With more belly fat accumulating, there is extra stress on the body to burn the visceral fat. This reduces brain size and causes certain hormones to release, which further affects the body’s ability to remember things. It has been proven that people with smaller brain size are at greater risk for developing dementia.
- Weight loss stress adding to more stress: When obesity sets in and the BMI goes up, there is an added pressure to lose weight, which further ups the stress levels. During these dieting days, the brain is constantly alert and finds ways to eat more. This also leads to excess eating. Moreover, there are indications that there could be genetic changes during this phase, which may leave a permanent mark in the person’s composition.
- Depression: When a person is not happy with their reflection in the mirror, the chances of feeling good and happy are very less. In this age, where aesthetics plays a major morale booster, an obese image staring back does not help at all.
So, if you have a risk of obesity, watch out. It is not just how you look, but how you feel is also altered. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychologist.