Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Amit HaldarYour feedback matters!
Can ayurveda help me cure insomnia which I have been experiencing for past 4 months regularly and infrequently for many years?
1. Maintain a healthy lifestyle such as eating well, drinking water regularly, avoiding stress and maintaining a healthy weight. Frequently, individuals develop sleep disorders due to stress or obesity.
2. Establish a regular schedule for sleep. Wake up and go to bed at the same time everyday, including weekends. Establishing a regular sleep schedule will train your body to sleep soundly on a consistent basis.
3. Avoid taking naps throughout the day. If you take a nap during the day, then you will be less tired at night, be more restless and may not sleep as deeply.
4. Abstain from smoking, drinking alcohol or ingesting caffeine because they can keep you up at night. Even though alcohol makes you sleepy, it obstructs the quality of your sleep.
5. Exercise regularly so that your body will be tired, but do not exercise for 3 to 4 hours before you go to sleep, because it may energize you.
6. Refrain from eating heavy meals for dinner, which can make you feel uncomfortable and will prevent you from sleeping well.
7. Create a bedroom that is quiet, dark and a comfortable temperature, which will promote sleep and avoid disturbances.
8. Sleep on your side with your head slightly elevated to prevent the symptoms of sleep apnea.
9. Construct a bedtime routine such as reading, meditating or bathing. Having a routine will train your body to recognize that you are preparing for sleep, which will help you to fall asleep easier.
10. Use your bedroom for sleep only. Do not work or do any other tasks in your bedroom if possible. If your bedroom is used only for sleep, then you will associate the room with sleep, which will aid in falling asleep faster and sleeping deeply.
11. Get out of bed and engage in a non-stimulating activity, such as reading until you feel sleepy again. Sometimes lying in bed when you are not able to sleep makes it more difficult to feel sleepy.
IT was before 4 years that my mother took me to a psychiatrist for a consultation since I was slow and he recommended me for a "architol" injection, the medicine reacted in the night, my heart beat went up and my whole body (left side) paralyzed the next morning, it stayed till the next night Then we saw a doctor the next day who gave me "pacitane" and my body became normal. Now after 4 years I sometimes get panic attacks and unable to do concentrate without sleep, have nervousness, sometimes unable to eat food also due to GERD, Unable to bear a extreme hot weather. Visited a psychiatrist once again and he had done all tests post which he said I have anxiety, has recommended "Tolaz 10 md" which I have taken for 3 months, it puts me to sleep and is helping only a little, still my left side is sometimes shivering, This is a issue where not even my friends, wife or relatives are unable to understand as I'm looking and doing this fine, but unable to focus at work, not feeling appetite, I have not been having a job for sometime now.
21 male .I have sharp pain in right butt cheek ,when I move my leg suddenly ,as if the muscles are being torn apart under my skin, and numbness in my right butt cheek! Pain is only for a short moment.
I. have red eyes and often tears will come from eyes what to. Do? I am having migraine also give me any suggestion. i am allergic to brufen. Please help me.
On 6th sep 14. I had meet with an accident. And cut my median nurver. Ulnar nerver and ulnar arty. After surgery im facing tingling nd numbess in figure. Frm last 7 month and 2nd surgery was done 15th april 15. Ffor carpel tunnal release. But I am facing same problem. Please guide.
Hi. Am 22 years old. Am having symptoms of vibration in circulation and numbness .anyone pls could explain the reason for this.
I am 25 years old. I often suffer of migrane, specially when I am hungry. And I take some pain killer medicine every time. I get relief for the moment but after some days the headache starts again. After all this I am also suffering from hair fall. Does the reason of my hair fall belong to my migrane. And what medication should take for both my problems?
? Eating meals and snacks on a regular schedule.
? Sleeping on a regular schedule - avoid napping and sleeping in on weekends.
? Staying well hydrated ? that means 2-3 liters of water a day.
? Exercising regularly.
? Include ginger, sesame seeds, celery, sweet potato, quinoa, spinach in meals ? as it helps in preventing migraine headaches.