Doctor in Dr. Samarjit Basu's Clinic
Submit a review for Dr. Samarjit Basu's ClinicYour feedback matters!
Osteoporosis is an age related condition characterized by low bone density and fragile bones. Lack of calcium and vitamin D are the most common triggers of this condition. These are vital elements for healthy teeth as well. Osteoporosis has a direct relationship with oral health and can trigger a number of issues such as loss of teeth and gum and periodontal disease. The effects of osteoporosis on oral health are seen more in women than in men.
This risk increases when talking about menopausal women.
The jawbone is one of the areas which bear the brunt of osteoporosis. The loss of bone density in this area can make teeth loose and cause tooth loss. It can also affect the gum ridges that hold dentures in their place. This can result in ill fitting dentures that need to be frequently changed.
Medication for osteoporosis is also linked to dental health. In rare cases, antiresorptive medicines that are prescribed to strengthen the bones can lead to a condition known as osteonecrosis. This refers to the death of a bone due to poor blood supply. Antiresorptive medication can be administered orally or intravenously with the latter having a higher risk of triggering osteonecrosis. Though it affects the hips and shoulder bones in most cases, it can also affect the jaw bone. It is marked by pain, swelling, infection and exposed bone. Loose teeth, gum infections and numbness or heaviness of the jaw are also symptoms of osteonecrosis of the jaw bone.
The risk of suffering from osteonecrosis cannot be determined beforehand. Hence it is a good idea to see your dentist before or just after starting antiresorptive treatment for osteoporosis and to schedule regular checkups for the duration of your treatment. Dental problems if any should be treated before starting medication for osteoporosis. Osteonecrosis of the jaw bone is most commonly seen after undergoing a dental procedure that affects the jawbone and associated tissues such as a tooth extraction. Ideally, invasive dental procedures should be avoided if you are taking antiresoptive medicines. However, it can also occur spontaneously.
Biophosphonates are also commonly prescribed to treat osteoporosis. This type of medication slows down the breakdown of bone tissue. However, this can lead to the development of new bones. This is not a troublesome issue when it comes to bones like the hip, leg or arm bones but can be very disruptive if it affects the jawbone. This is because the jaw bone is constantly reforming and reshaping itself.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My father is 55 years old & suffering from hypertension and type 2 diabetes. My question is that what is the diet.
Sir I want to know how to increase stamina with regular running means what amount of km running fir increasing the stamina plzz tell me sir.
Some persons suggest me that, if you want to eat rice daily, then brown rice is best. Problem is that when I went for purchase I saw similar nutrients composition on the pack of both brown and white rice. If there is no difference then why brown rice?
Ways to Manage Cervical Spondylosis
I want to increase my weight so for that what should I do. I used many medicine but I did not get any relax. Its very less 45 kg. And its decreases. How would I be able to increase my weight. please tell me.
Hi, I am a 24 years old man. My body looks like a 18 year old boy, not developed properly. Actually I have been doing MASTURBATION 2 to 3 times a day since I was just 14 year old. Please help me. I am living with depression. Please suggest how can I increase my weight?Please suggest.
Hi I take ashwagandha, musli and satavar together can it help me getting in gaining weight and please tell me if taking these three together have any side effect.
I was gone through a paralysis attack and have been cured completely but still doctor has recommended for regular exercises and food so I want to ask what kind of food schedule should I continue.
Hi doctor, I have an very very rare disease, I am not weight gain since five year. Pls tell me how to gain weight. Thanks.
Respected sir or madam I want to increase my weight. I am under weight when compare with my height so I requested how to became fat within short period. Please give me advice.
Sir I am 21 year old and my weight is 54 kg so I want to increase my weight with no side effect on body.
Ankylosing spondylitis (AS) is a type of arthritis that affects the spine. This chronic disease is caused due to inflammation of the joints in the spine and usually affects young men. It causes the vertebrae to grow or fuse together, causing a rigid spine. Actually, it affects the discs in between the vertebral column. These discs get swollen, causing a limitation of spine motility. It is an autoimmune disorder and its symptoms are lower back pain and stiffness, which usually moves to the legs.
- The deformity due to AS can be mild or severe. In extreme cases, the patient gets a stooped spine.
- Early diagnosis can prevent significant deformity as well as help in controlling the pain and stiffness.
- Allopathy doesn’t really know the real reasons for this disease and here is where Ayurveda scores.
- According to Ayurveda, AS is caused due to aggravated vata or wind, which causes an imbalance in vata dosha.
Ayurvedic treatment starts with detoxification and elimination of toxins. It relies heavily on the right diet and lifestyle as well as Ayurvedic herbal preparations. The panchakarma techniques called kati vasti, sarvangadhara and patrapinda svedana are very beneficial too. The basic explanation for the disorder is that AS occurs due to an accumulation of ama or toxins in the body. Where ever ama deposits in the body, pain is caused. Ayurvedic treatments aim at digesting the ama by using herbs as medicine and balancing the aggravated vata.
- Herbs used in the treatment of AS are dry ginger (saunth), guggul, turmeric, fenugreek, ashwagandha and giloy. Gugul, curcumin, amlaki, haritaki, and ashwagandha are all very effective in treating AS.
- Avoid getting constipated and ensure proper evacuation of bowels.
- Include ghee in your diet for lubrication and for lowering the vata dosha.
- Apply heat on the affected areas to control the pain and stiffness.
- Eat light foods and strictly avoid oily foods and curd which increase ama.
- Avoid sleeping during the daytime.
- Yoga asanas like pawana muktasana, bhujangasana, dhanurasana, paschimottanasana and vakrasana should be practised regularly.
- The practice of pranayamas such as and shodhana, chandrabhedi sheethali and bhramari also helps.
- Chewing 2–3 raw garlic buds on an empty stomach in the morning with water helps in alleviating lumbar pain in AS.
- Use a powdered preparation of dried ginger root, celery seeds and cumin seeds in equal quantities with rock salt for taste, and have one teaspoon of this mixture with warm water at bedtime to reduce flatulence as well as lumbar stiffness. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
When I was 10 years old doctors did surgery in my stomach. Because I had a stone in my stomach. Now I am 20 years old. But I am looks like very thin. I can't increase my body weight. I think that surgery is the reason for my weight loss. And my spinalguard is curved. It makes me ugly. How do I correct this remedies.
Doing everything right can still make you gain weight. Irrespective of your diligent efforts, that paunch comes in the way of your crunches. Reviewing your exercise routine, diet and overall lifestyle may have no effect on the extra kilos. The reaction to such stagnation could be as many as the conspiring causes. Backpedaling into an unhealthy way of life is what cowards choose to do. The ideal way of approaching the problem is to find out the specific factors leading to excess weight.
These few factors can make you gain weight
1. Sleep deprivation results in significant bloating: You may not be aware, but a full night’s sleep is indeed necessary. When a person rests, the human body carries on with repair work. Sleep helps your body to get rid of excess adipose tissues. A person who has not slept for two to three days at a stretch or has only slept insufficiently is likely to look fatter or bloated.
2. Being perpetually depressed could be the curse: Depression can lead to extreme ends; you may either gain a lot of weight or may even lose weight drastically. If your depression is at an advanced stage a medical practitioner will prescribe you with antidepressants. Antidepressants tend to fatten you up.
3. An irritable or slow bowel syndrome can prove to be adverse: If you suffer from problems related to the bowel your tummy might show. A patient of irritable or slow bowel syndrome feels bloated throughout the day. Since they face digestive problems, their bellies protrude.
4. The gray streaks of hair could be a reason: Gaining weight could also be the result of your age. If you are above thirty-five your metabolism decreases; this results in slower breakdown of food. Exercising can help, but it usually shows meager results once you have attained forty.
5. Nutrient deficiency should not be taken lightly: Being deficient in certain nutrients can also make you overweight. Vitamin C, folic acid and potassium are some of the nutrients that actively contribute to a person’s body weight. A lack of these nutrients can make you fat.
6. Edema could be the underlying cause: Edema refers to a condition where a person’s body retains water. Certain parts and joints become swollen. There are medications that can help push excess water out of the body through frequent urination. If not taken care of, edema could be the reason behind weight gain.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Market wale whey protein gainer Lena shii h yah nhii 18 ki age m body building karne k lye Shii h to kitne quantity m.
Cervical spondylosis is a medical term that indicates the wear and tear of the spinal discs of the neck. With the shrinkage and dehydration of the discs, evident signs of osteoarthritis develop in an individual. Visible bony projections of the edges of the bones also become conspicuous. This condition is extremely common and deteriorates with age. It is estimated that an average of 85 percent of people has crossed the age of 60 is affected by cervical spondylosis. While most patients fail to identify any symptoms, but those who do reports pain, stiffness, uneasiness, numbness etc.
What are the possible causes of cervical Spondylosis?
Dehydrated discs: Discs are the cushions between the vertebrae and the spine. Once a person reaches the age of 40, through natural progression, the spiral discs start shrinking and drying up. This allows more bone-to-bone interaction between the vertebrae.
- Herniated discs: Age plays a crucial role and affects the outer covering of the spinal discs. Cracks become visible leading to a condition known as the herniated discs. This condition can press the nerve roots and the spinal cord.
- Bone Spurs: Disc degeneration leads to the production of extra bone to support and strengthen the spine. This is a misguided effort that can affect the nerve root and the spinal cord.
- Stiff ligaments: Ligaments are tissue cords that connect bones. The ligament can become stiff after attending a certain age. Some of the typical symptoms of this condition include loss of bowel movement, numbness of the hands, feet, arms etc, lack of coordination and difficulty in walking.
What is the homeopathy approach?
Homeopathy takes a holistic approach towards treatment. The remedy selection is based on the individualization theory and the specific symptoms encountered by the patient. The aim of homeopathic treatment is to ensure that cervical spondylosis is eradicated from its root rather than just eliminating the symptoms. Before prescribing a medicine, a homeopathic expert considers various aspects such as the location of pain, basic cause of the current condition, extension and modality of the pain. Some of the important medicine that can treat this condition are mentioned below:
- LachnanthesTinctoria: This medicine is prescribed to those who are suffering from a still neck and a dislocated pain. There is a feeling of chilliness in between the shoulders and the pain increases while lying down.
- Phosphoric acid: This medicine is prescribed when the pain is boring in nature. The lifting of objects sharply increases the pain and the patient suffers from occasional nerve exhaustion. The condition improves after a nap.
- Paris Quadrifolia: This medicine is prescribed when the pain moves downwards. There is a feeling of ache, bruising and stiffness in the arms and the shoulders. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!