Doctor in Dr. Poddar Homeopathy Clinic
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Poddar Homeopathy ClinicYour feedback matters!
A thing such as erectile dysfunction can really kill a man’s self-confidence and easily cause further damage by ruining his relationship with his partner. So, is it not important to get treated for this in a really effective way? Well, the good news is that homeopathy has an answer to the problem.
The issue of erectile dysfunction is quite prevalent, as about 20% of men are affected by it. Many remain embarrassed and as a result, shy away from going for any kind of treatment. Homeopathic medication seeks to improve a person’s health in a comprehensive manner and this is no different in the case of erectile dysfunction.
The reason why a man has erectile dysfunction may be due to a variety of factors, so depending on what kind of lifestyle the patient is leading or what type of person the patient is, homeopathy provides a remedy accordingly. For example, for a man who has been under stress, but is a go-getter and has been living the high life in terms of a lot of alcohol consumption, along with tobacco and the like, Nux Vomica is the medicine which should be taken.
On the other hand, if age has not been kind to a man and has caused him to become impotent, then the best medicine from the vast field of homeopathy happens to be Lycopodium. After treatment with this medicine, perhaps the man himself will believe that he is getting better with age!
In quite a few cases, impotence is caused by a bout of depression or a lack of self-worth affecting the person. In such a case, the best thing that the homeopathic doctor can do for his or her patient is to provide him with Kali Brom, which is sure to do the patient a whole lot of good and allow him to enjoy life in a more comprehensive manner!
Too much of a good thing is a bad thing and this is very true in the case of tobacco, which destroys the body on many levels. Caladium is great to use for erectile dysfunction due to tobacco use.
While homeopathy does have the ability to radically change the quality of life of a person, in the case of impotence, it is important that the patient stays away from consuming alcohol and tobacco over the course of treatment and makes a strong effort to lead a healthier life. After all, high blood pressure and diabetes are known to be some of the major causes of impotence.
Conjunctivitis is a medical condition that is marked by redness in the eyes owing to the inflammation of the conjunctiva, which is the membrane covering the white part of the eye. The condition is further characterized by the discharge of yellowish pus fluid from the corner of the eye. This condition, which is essentially an infection, can occur to people of all age brackets.
Causes and Symptoms:
Conjunctivitis can be caused due to several reasons namely allergies, irritants, bacterial and viral infections, among others. Apart from the redness in the eye, some other apparent symptoms of conjunctivitis are:
- Thin and watery discharge in viral conjunctivitis
- Thick, mucous like discharge ranging from yellow to green in case of bacterial conjunctivitis
- Sticky eyelids
- Increased reactivity to light
- Blurred or foggy vision
- Nasal discharges
It is difficult to distinguish between viral, allergic and bacterial conjunctivitis. Different fields of medicine prescribe treatments according to the cause of the condition. Although subtle differences, such as thick and thin discharges can be observed, in Homeopathy the cause is not that important.
Homeopathic medicines are natural and highly effective. The medications, which are prescribed in Homeopathy can more than manage the discharges, swelling, the sandy sensation and redness in the eyes. Homeopathic medicines are effective when the condition causes the eye to get dry, red, congested and swollen. Bathing the eyes with sterilized salt water is also a popular method of treating the infection. In addition to these, Homeopathic doctors also provide tips to curb the likelihood of further complications. Removing your contact lenses while treatment and cleaning your spectacles on a regular basis, if you wear any, are duly recommended.
Over time, our joints, connective tissues and muscles go through a lot of wear and tear. Additionally, certain conditions may also cause problems, including inflammation and conditions that create persistent pain. These conditions usually fall under the broad category of arthritis, which can be of many types. Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) happens when your immune system targets your joints and causes inflammation. RA influences the joints on both sides of the body, for example, both hands, wrists and knees. This symmetry separates it from other kinds of arthritis. It can affect the skin, eyes, lungs, heart, blood, or nerves.
Various signs of inflamed joints are as follows:
Stiffness: Functioning of the joints becomes rigid and doesn't move properly. It is particularly severe in the morning. While those with different types of arthritis have stiff and immobile joints in the morning, people with rheumatoid arthritis take over 60 minutes before their joints feel free.
Swelling or Inflammation: Liquid enters the joint and gives rise to inflammation.
Extreme pain: Irritation inside a joint makes it painful and delicate even to touch. In a chronic condition, this may also lead to fractures.
Redness and warmth: The joints might appear hotter and more pink or red than the skin around it.
Needless to say, your lifestyle choices affect all aspects of your physical wellbeing, and that also include your joints- especially if you are suffering from arthritis. It’s a common theory, that joints which are strained and stressed by bearing the burden of extra pounds show more inflammation, wear and tear and stiffness which lead to aggravation of arthritic pain. Here are a few holistic approaches to consider; certain changes in your existing lifestyle that can help you to reduce your arthritic pains:
- First and foremost, it’s important that you must indulge in plenty of exercises every single day, to keep pounds off and thus help yourself handle this degenerative disease.
- In case of creating a healthy diet plan, stick to low calorie and low carb foods. Also be sure that you are consuming lots of vegetables and fruits in your diet. This also helps you to keep fit and put a break on the obesity factors that are detrimental to your health.
- As even a few extra pounds can worsen arthritic pain, keep track of your weight and talk to your orthopedic doctor to determine your optimal and healthiest weight. Focus on this prescribed weight coefficient and keep tracking your weight loss patterns unless you have reached your goal.
- Cut down on alcohol. There has never been a finer alternative to that.
- Feeling depressed or stressed by arthritic pain is a common syndrome among arthritic patients. Nevertheless, on the flipside, such reactions actually worsens the agony of this disease and inhibit you from doing what you need to do, such as taking medications and exercising to keep yourself fit at the end of the day.
Although admittedly, making drastic modifications in your lifestyle can be painful and difficult at first, these are the best remedies for easing arthritic pain in a natural way.
Don’t just rely on medications, take control of your disease in a holistic manner and you’ll soon find yourself in control of your life again.
Being overweight is a large risk factor for osteoarthritis because it puts a large amount of stress on weight-bearing joints. This damage is largely preventable by losing excess weight and increasing safe activity. Exercise (as long as it does not put dangerous strain on the joints) will improve your muscle strength. Strong muscles will support your weight-bearing joints and ultimately lower the chances of the negative symptoms of OA. Regular exercise can help prevent and reverse these effects. Several different kinds of exercise can be beneficial, including range-of-motion exercises to preserve and restore joint motion, exercises to increase strength (isometric, isotonic, and isokinetic exercises), and exercises to increase endurance (walking, swimming, and cycling). Exercise programs for people with rheumatoid arthritis should be designed by a physical therapist and tailored to the severity of your condition, your build, and your former activity level. Getting a sufficient amount of rest is also necessary for management of OA symptoms.
Technology and science have advanced to a great level and there are now several cures for so many diseases and illnesses. However, when it comes to curing menstrual or premenstrual cramps, there are certain old-fashioned cures that have proven to be the most effective.
These are as follows:
- Apply a castor oil pack: To make a castor oil pack, soak three layers of cotton wool or a cloth in castor oil till the material is totally wet, but not trickling. Put it over your lower belly and cover it with plastic and place a container with boiling hot water or a warm cushion on top. Relax with your pack for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Chasteberry: A herb that can treat PMS is Chasteberry (otherwise known as Chaste-Tree Berry or Vitex). The herb works by directing the pituitary gland, which adjusts the levels of the hormones produced by the ovaries: estrogen and progesterone.
- Have an orgasm: An orgasm can mitigate strain in the pelvic muscles and help in relaxing the muscles.
- Stick cold cabbage in your bra: Cabbage has calming properties. It functions as a mitigation agent and helps the delicate breasts. Chilled cabbage leaves can also treat and bring down stomach pain when placed on the stomach.
- Relax and detoxify: When you have cramps, try to relax. De-stressing and detoxifying are the most ignored systems for relieving excruciating pain. However, they are the easiest and most efficient of all solutions. Going for a walk or listening to music can also help.
- Brew and drink some herbal tea: Home-brewed teas and edibles have been a go-to solution for hundreds of years. Herbal tea, as its name proposes, has for quite some time been a solid treatment for issues as its oils help in resolving muscle fits or cramps. Red raspberry leaf is a sweet tasting and an exceedingly effective spasm cure when taken as a tea. You can make your own tea from the dried leaves; there are many other tea options possible.
- Make a homegrown tincture to limit the bleeding: Women with troublesome periods, particularly those who have issues like fibroids, blisters, endometriosis, and different conditions that can influence bleeding, may want to regulate their stream. You can take a mitigating herb and mix it in a very little amount of alcohol to keep the blood flow warm and avoid clots.
In case the bleeding goes on for more than seven days, or in case you bleed more than you are supposed to in one day, the bleeding could be an indication that something is not exactly right. Take care of your body and see a specialist if your period is reliably strange.
Acne and pimples do not usually have easy solutions or quick remedies.When it comes to treatment of acnes and pimples, Homeopathic medicines are considered the most effective and paramount. Homeopathic cure does not intend to quick-fix acne and pimples. The objective being the correction of inner causes, it allows the pimples to heal slowly on their own instead of taking any medicine of high dose.
Homeopathy is, the best way to cure acnes and pimples. Popular Homeopathic Remedies for Acne and Pimples Here is a list of the most common solutions for acne and pimples and what they indicate:
1. Pulsatilla - For cases where the intake of rich junk food and indigestion are the causes of acne.
- Also in cases of girls suffering from menstrual problems
- Symptoms include decreased thirst.
- Patient is usually very sensitive to heat
2. Sulphur- It is a very common cure, especially for chronic cases of acne
- The eruptions cause great pain.
- They are present in the form of abscesses.
- Patient is vulnerable to cold and pain. Increased rate of perspiration.- Patient tends to get agitated and irritated very easily
3. Silicea- In cases where there is pus formation
- The best homeopathic medicine for acne
- Increased rate of perspiration. The patient cannot bear cold at all.
- Skin turns pale and tender.
4. Antimonium Crudum- Formation of tiny red pimples all over the face
- Very irritable in nature
- Arthritic pain in fingers and loss of appetite
- White, thick coating on tongue
5. Nux Vomica- For cases where acne formation is because of gastric disruptions.
- Skin seems to appear red and blotchy
- Caused because of having too much spicy food
- Signs of constipation and over sensitiveness to cold
6. Bovista- Formed due to cosmetic use, especially during summer
- Skin tends to itch
- Cheeks swell up and become pale
- Makes patient restless.
Homeopathy is certainly the best way to deal with and to get rid of unwanted, ugly acne, which ruin your face.
Intercourse is meant to be a pleasurable and intimate experience. But it might become an unpleasant act if you are suffering from performance anxiety. When you are mentally occupied by questions such as "Do I look too fat?" or "Did I do that right?", sex stops being a gratifying experience.
Incessant anxiety over your ability or appearance can result in sex becoming nerve-wracking and stressful for you. It might even have you avoiding sex altogether. This psychological condition is termed as sexual performance anxiety.
Sex isn't only a physical reaction, there are emotions tied to it as well. If you are too stressed out and your mind is preoccupied, your body reflects your inner turmoil and you cannot get aroused.
Causes: The causes of sexual performance anxiety include:
- Fear that you wouldn't be able to satisfy your partner and perform well sexually
- Body image issues (Such as stressing about your weight)
- Problems in your relationship
- Men worry that their penis don't 'measure' up
- Men might be concerned about taking too much time to orgasm, or about premature ejaculation
- Women worry about not enjoying the experience or being unable to have an orgasm
Symptoms: Your mental state has a deep impact on your physical state. The effect of stress hormones norepinephrine and epinephrine can hinder your sexual performance. Symptoms of sexual performance anxiety include:
- In men, blood vessels constrict due to the effect of stress hormones. This leads to reduced blood flow to the penis, thus making it difficult for the man to get an erection.
- Often though it is less diagnosed in women, sexual performance anxiety leads to trouble in lubrication during sex. Lack of lubrication dims the desire to have sex.
Sexual performance anxiety is a vicious, inescapable cycle. Increased anxiety hampers you from having sex, making you think you won't be able to perform well, which causes even more anxiety.
Treatment: Consult a doctor you will be comfortable with discussing your problems. Sexual performance can be either treated by medication (if you have an underlying medical condition such as erectile dysfunction) or through therapy.
Talking to a therapist or counsellor about your problems can help you in several ways. You can learn to become more comfortable with yourself and your body. You can also understand your problems better, which can eliminate your anxiety.
Simple renal cysts are often found even in normal kidneys. In fact, they are so common that they are rarely considered as a disease. Certain lifestyle traits or genetics can be the cause of renal cysts occurring in adults as well as children, though no conclusive reasons have yet been confirmed for the occurrence of the same. Medical imaging technology such as ultrasound, X-ray, and CT scanning are being extensively used to discover these lesions.
In various surveys of people undergoing ultrasound for evaluation of non-kidney-related problems, generally 15% men and 7% women over the age of 50 were detected with renal cysts. Once the radiologic imaging of the cyst is obtained, the doctor can determine what further examination will be required.
There are basically two types of renal cysts, simple and complex.
- Simple cysts are usually round, have a thin outer wall, are filled with fluid and are rarely required to be treated.
- Complex cysts, however, can have thicker walls with solidified mass or can also be a collection of small cysts. These are definitely required to be examined further as they can be cancerous.
With the latest radiological approach to renal cysts, i.e. the Bosniak classification, observation of lesions is preferred to biopsy. Even though biopsies nowadays are largely non-intrusive, they are still recommended under very specific circumstances.
This classification uses a complicated algorithm of CT scan features like size, density and perfusion and places cystic renal masses into one of the five different categories. Categories I and II are generally simple cysts, not requiring further analysis. Still, an ultrasound is repeated at intervals of 6-12 months to ensure that the cyst is not growing. However, Bosniak category IIF cysts indicate complex cysts which are required to be observed. Lack of change with time indicates that the mass is benign, while any increase indicates the possibility of cancer. Through observation, one can prevent unnecessary surgeries.
It is mostly recommended that lesions falling under Bosniak III category should be immediately surgically removed as 40-50% have the possibility of becoming cancerous. However, close follow-up with magnetic resonance imaging can be used to avoid unnecessary surgeries as it is useful for characterizing the internal content of a cyst which may be is indeterminate even after the ultrasound and CT scan. Category IV lesions necessarily require surgical removal of the kidney, as nearly 85-100% of these are cancerous. More than 90% of those diagnosed with renal cancer which is confined to the kidney can hope to become disease-free within five years after diagnosis.
Thus, complex renal cysts have a higher possibility of developing into cancer if they are found to be malignant during the period of observation and steps should be taken for immediate removal.
An eye allergy or allergic conjunctivitis is a condition that strikes when certain substances irritate the eyes, which can cause a reaction. This reaction has varied symptoms starting from inflammation to watering and even redness and an itching sensation. So how can you tell if you have an eye allergy? This article will tell you all you need to know!
Causes: To begin with, this is an immune response that happens when the eye comes in contact with substances like dirt, grime, pollutants, pollen, nettle, pet hair, smoke, mold and more, which may cause irritation. These are typically known as allergens. The immune system takes these allergens to be invaders and begins attacking the same by releasing chemicals that cause these allergic reactions. Also, an eye allergy may be a symptom or outcome of other conditions like asthma, hay fever, or even eczema.
Symptoms: The eye usually bears a pink or red appearance when the patient is suffering from an eye allergy. Also, watery eyes are a common sight during this condition while scaling around the eyes may also take place. Further, itching and burning sensation may be felt by the patient and swelling or puffiness can be seen. The symptoms may afflict one or both eyes. The patient may also have a runny nose or stuffy nose as well as nasal congestion.
Difference between Eye Allergy and Pink Eye: Conjunctivitis or pink eye is usually caused due to bacteria or a virus that spreads infection in the eye. But eye allergy is caused due to a response of the immune system that leads to an allergic reaction. While the pink eye may be a contagious condition, an eye allergy is not.
Diagnosis: The diagnosis of an eye allergy will be done with the help of various tests conducted by an ophthalmologist. The skin prick test will help in introducing allergens to find out if the spot gets raised or suffers from inflammation. Also, the doctor will check for other ailments like asthma and eczema.
Treatment: There are varied methods of treating this condition. To begin with, the doctor may prescribe medication like decongestants and antihistamines as well as steroids for more severe and persistent cases. Also, injections may be prescribed in order to do away with the allergic reaction and eye drops containing olopatadine hydrochloride may also be used.
Home Remedies: Staying away from allergens and using a warm and clean washcloth over the eyes, for a few minutes every day, may help in relieving the painful symptoms of the condition.
Do not forget to consult your doctor before you try any natural or home based remedies.
Fibromyalgia causes pain in the muscles of the body and weakens them gradually. Patients with fibromyalgia have a number of "delicate points" on the body and are very sensitive to different things that are not typically painful or unpleasant. They can encounter increased the tenderness and weakness which may lead to problems in movement and even proper sleep.
Physiotherapy concentrates on the treatment, and healing of injuries. Standard exercise based physiotherapy methods may help you gain control of your fibromyalgia as you concentrate on lifestyle changes instead of persistent pain, stiffness and fatigue. Physiotherapists can demonstrate generally accepted methods to get rid of the side effects of pain and solidness in everyday life. They show patients how to build strength and enhance their scope of movement. They show them ways to get rid of the everyday pain.
In case you have fibromyalgia, your physiotherapist creates particular extending and stretching programs to meet your individual needs. While there is no known cure for fibromyalgia, physiotherapy might help you get rid of the pain. It can reduce the stiffness.
Strengthening muscles and increasing flexibility through a number of exercises are two vital ways physical therapists decrease fibromyalgia pain and make life more manageable. These include:
- Stretching: By increasing your flexibility through stretching, the hardened muscles loosen up giving fibromyalgia help. Your physiotherapist can teach you the correct approach to stretch your muscles, ligaments, and tendons. Various stretching exercises will also be suggested depending upon the condition or type of pain you have in what part of your body. The combination of these stretching exercises might need a stretching band or other accessories like a compression ball or a rubber band.
- Aerobic exercises: Low speed and low affect exercises are ideal. Stationary cycles and circular machines are typically less pressurizing on the joints. Aerobic exercises are also a great option for fast recovery, but the intensity depends on your condition.
- Aqua treatment: Swimming and other water activities are very good for fibromyalgia patients. The lightness of the water can decrease weight on muscles and joints and enhance adaptability. A warmed pool might be particularly useful because of the warmth that can calm sore muscles.
- Massage: Massage can help pain alleviation and joint stiffness.
- Joint movement: It can improve movement in the tightened muscles, delicate spots and joint stiffness.
- Hydrotherapy: Hydrotherapy with heat or ice packs works by stimulating the healing force of your own body. Cool packs lessen swelling by tightening veins. On the other hand, warm packs on painful areas widen veins. That expands the stream of blood, oxygen, and different supplements and speeds the elimination of toxins from the body.
Physiotherapy is a lifestyle remedy for such conditions but must have to be patient as the results will be gradual.
Infertility is a condition where a couple, trying to conceive in a natural way is not able to do so even after one year of trying. It is also a matter of worry for patients who are over the age of 35 years and those who are not able to conceive naturally even after 12 months of trying constantly.
Causes: There are many causes of infertility. It may be down to a condition present in one or both partners. Ovulation and fertilisation are the main elements of the conception process and any condition in the female or male can upset either function, which can make it difficult to conceive.
While abnormal sperm production and transport may be a common condition that leads to infertility in males, other factors like side effects of cancer treatments and too much exposure to toxins and chemicals can also play an important role in this regard. For females, the causes of infertility may range from ovulation disorders, uterine and fibroid tumours, uterine and cervical anomalies, damage to or blockage of the fallopian tubes, endometriosis, primary ovarian insufficiency and pelvic adhesions.
Infertility Symptoms in Women
In women, changes in the menstrual cycle and ovulation may be a symptom of a disease related to infertility. Symptoms include:
- Abnormal periods. Bleeding is heavier or lighter than usual.
- Irregular periods. The number of days in between each period varies each month.
- No periods. You have never had a period, or periods suddenly stop.
- Painful periods. Back pain, pelvic pain, and cramping may happen.
Treatment: Female patients can turn to medication that will stimulate ovulation, intrauterine insemination, and surgical processes to correct a uterine septum and remove endometrial polyps, or even a hysteroscopy surgery. Male patients can go through a treatment for any existing infections, hormonal injections and medication, surgical options like vasectomy reversal and art or assistive reproductive technology.
If these methods fail, the patient or the couple can always turn to methods like in vitro fertilisation. For other mild reasons, lifestyle changes along with a stress free environment can help in increasing the chances of conception.