An orthopaedic fracture is a serious issue that will require lots of care for the bones to heal and re-join. A broken bone is usually plastered so that the tissue may grow back together by fusing eventually, over a period of weeks. When these bones begin to rebuild in an effort to come together, the new bones are called soft callus. This will require lots of energy, which primarily comes from calories. This ensures that essential proteins like amino acids can be taken from the right type of food which would stimulate good blood flow.
So, let us take a look at the best diet that one can follow in order to recover from a fracture.
- Kale: Leafy green vegetables and herbs like kale can help in supplying good amount of protein and iron as well as calcium, which is highly important for good and strong bones. One can also find plenty of calcium in salmon and other kinds of sea food like sardines; consuming these can speed up the process. Sea vegetables like seaweed can also help in the process.
- Yogurt: Calcium can be supplied by various other kinds of food including yogurt, which has two kinds of amino acids. These amino acids are lysine and glutamine, which can assist the bones in swift calcium absorption for better recovery of the broken bones.
- Spinach: This is a very important ingredient in the bone healing process thanks to its dual elements of calcium and zinc, which come together to cause the appropriate chemical reaction for bone rebuilding. Other zinc heavy food items include pumpkin seeds and wheat germ as well as red meat.
- Broccoli: Ingredients like broccoli are rich in Vitamin K1, which is known to very good for the bone recovery process. This vitamin helps in mineralisation of the bone so that they may fuse with each other and form a new mass. One can have up to one cup of this green vegetable per day for a quick and effective fracture recovery process. Other ingredients like cheese and raw dairy products are known to have plenty of this vitamin as well.
- Green Bell Peppers: High on vitamin C which helps in producing the skin and tissue structuring element called collagen, green bell peppers are an excellent ingredient that can help you in your fracture healing process. Vitamin C can also be found in citrus fruits like oranges, strawberries as well as tomatoes.
- Milk: While milk has plenty of calcium, it also has another important ingredient called vitamin D. When calcium and vitamin D come together, the bones tend to heal much faster as vitamin D helps the bones in absorbing the calcium at a much high rate.
Hi my mom has knee pain issues, and recently she had a fall post which her leg is swelling and hands too. N she can't move around much. Please suggest.
I'm a student studying civil engineering. When I give pressure on my knees it pains a lot please help!
Good morning I would like gain my weight from 65 to 72. What should I do for that and what diet I have to follow.
Hi I am 23 years old in jan 8th my brother marriage m very thin I want to become fat, please tell me in 15 to 20 days how to become fat.
How to gain weight m 1.5 kg milk and 250 gram curd and 1/2 litre buttermilk chapatis with full butter uske bad bi nai bad raha yah puri diet alg alg time lets Hun.
Hey how cn I make best use of supplements. Let me know the dosage. N exercises. N hw long shall I continue.
Just wanted to know how good is having dates mixed with milk and having it on both morning and night. What are all the health benefits on it.
I would like to know a protein rich veg diet for weightless and muscle gain. Also what food s to avoid at all costs.
The pyramid diet was conceptualised in 1992 and it emphasises the best amount of servings to be consumed daily from the basic food groups (dairy, fruits and vegetables, grains, beans and legumes, meat, oils and fats).
The pyramid is divided into four levels. The very first level is comprised of grains, beans and legumes; the level above it is made up of fruits and vegetable; the third level from the top is composed of meat and dairy products and the very last one on top contains fats, sugars and oils.
The diet aims to divide the food groups in the above mentioned fashion to make you understand just how much to consume from each food group. Here is a breakdown of servings from each food group:
- Grains- 5 to 7 servings
- Fruits and vegetables- 2 servings of each
- Milk and dairy- 3 servings of which 1/2 serving should be dairy products
- Oils, sugar and fats- 6 teaspoons for oils and minimal servings for fats and sugars
This seems relatively easy to follow, but most people do not understand portion control. The amount or serving of food is called portion control and it is important if you want your diet to work. Here is a guideline that you can follow:
- When you are consuming one serving of grains in one sitting, you can choose to eat one cup of cereals or one slice of whole-wheat bread.
- When you are eating vegetable or fruits with your breakfast or lunch, choose one and a half cup of chopped vegetables, or one piece of orange, banana or apple.
- If you are drinking milk, then one cup of milk in one serving. And, if you are eating meat, choose one ounce of cooked fish or chicken.
- Lastly, do not go beyond one teaspoon of vegetable oil and try to keep your sugar intake to the minimum throughout the day.
The pyramid is an excellent guide to lose some weight. You just need some concentration and a ton of commitment to stick to the guide. Along with the diet, don't forget to get some exercise.