Submit a review for Dr. Asish Nandy's ClinicYour feedback matters!
Dear, doctor I Am 26 years boy my weight is 36to 40 but my health is very weak and thin. I eat but still no effect. I am disappointed. Someone suggest to take protein powder to have some fat on body. I feel laziness, no energy and I am tired soon. I ve shown to all doctors and they only give me iron tonic and say it will take time. But I see no improvement. I eat but no use. I want to gain weight and muscles in my body. Please help me.
The knee is one of the largest and most important joints of our body. It is also susceptible to wear and tear as well as injuries. Knee pain can occur due to a variety of reasons starting from conditions like arthritis problem and osteoporosis as well as injuries that can affect the ligaments, the joint, the menisci and femur. These are the various parts of the knees, which can suffer from degeneration or even injuries. The best way to combat chronic knee pain is through rest, ice compress and with the help of pain relieving and anti-inflammatory medication.
While rest and ice compress for chronic knee pain and pain relieving and anti-inflammatory medication are the best ways to combat knee pain, orthopaedics also recommend the use of various strengthening exercises which can alleviate knee pain. Here are a few of the best ones!
- The towel hook: Lie down flat on your back and raise one leg, Hook a towel under the foot and press it against the towel as you pull both ends downwards, creating slight pressure. This can be done for a few seconds at a time. Remember to do this at least ten times for each foot and increase gradually. This exercise helps in strengthening your entire leg from the calf to the knee and even the thighs so that the pain subsides.
- Towel roll: In towel roll exercise, after pushing knee, should do dorsiflexion and hold for 20 seconds.. Hamstring exercises are also given by placing roll towel under your feet, push down, dorsiflexion and hold for 20 seconds Adductor exercises are also given by placing small ball between your legs just above the knee joint, press and hold for 20seconds.
- Swing: For this exercise, you will need to sit down on a chair. Now take one leg and swing it up until it is in line with your hip. Hold it out like this before you slowly bring it down again. Do this at least twenty to thirty times for each leg and gradually increase the frequency and the number of seconds for which you hold the knee. This will also help in pain management.
- Knee marches: You can also do knee marches by sitting down on a chair. You will need to march each knee up and down at least twenty to thirty times. You will need to do this for a few minutes every day and you can easily do it twice a day even when you are at work, sitting in front of a desk. You must ensure that your posture is straight and upright for this exercise.
I am 17. I wake up at 7 am. I take my breakfast at 8 am. I take my launch at 1 pm. I take my snakes at 4 pm. And I take my dinner at 9 pm. In between I eat something. Please advice am i following right thing.
My weight 50 kg How can improve body weight but take proper food and calories in a day but don't increase my weight.
Is it harmful to drink to milk right after eating spicy foods or vegetables? If it is harmful. Then what should we do?
I live in a hostel and so there is no way for cooking something. So for this reason I am missing my breakfast all the time. Please tell me some effective ways so I can easily take my breakfast in the hostel.
When ever I eat some thing oliy or spicy or some sweets it give me allot of pimples on my face scalp neck and on shoulders please suggest me some good diet.
After coming from college hours, I feel very laziness & tired. No more energy and will power to do works in night and my mind is disturbing due to lot of negative thinking. My exam is coming in few days. What can I do.
Ive joined gym but after some days im noticing that my left arm muscle are not improved as my right arm. My left arm's biceps and deltoid muscle are not improved as my right arm. What to do.
Sir, I am 21 years old. Currently I am around 47 kg weight only. I need to get my weight above 50 kg so please suggest me the good nutritional food. Thank you sir.
My mother in law suffering from knee pain from the last 4 to 5 yrs. Is she relief from this problem. She visited various Dr. & now she takes medicine VOLTAFLAM 50 when started heavy pain. Any suggestion by you, please.
I am a male and my age is 26, I am skinny guy my muscle growth is like a school boy and I am less hairy too, I look like a 17 year school boy. When I tried to gain some weight and increased my diet everything goes directly to my butt it looks very ugly as a male, after some time I find out my butt shape is "O" or bubble butt for me as a male its very embarrassing I want to look like a proper male and get rid of my butt problem so I can live a normal life.
With the vast amount of available information, ranging from age-old wisdom to health magazines and health sites, most people are prone to misinformation when it comes to what to eat and what to avoid.
From drinking copious amounts of water to eating a light lunch, it is the time that these commonly known health tips are debunked.
These 3 habits that may seem healthy on the surface but are actually harming you!
1) Drinking large amounts of water
It is advisable to drink a healthy dose of water each day, but you should drink water only when you feel thirsty and not otherwise. If you drink water beyond your level of thirst, it can lead to excess water intake. This excessive intake can be the cause of conditions like obesity, skin and digestive problems among other health conditions. An average person consumes 8 glasses of water each day. But you are advised to drink that much, only if you are thirsty enough. It is also recommended not to drink cold water or ice-cold drinks.
2) Eating uncooked foods
It is essential to preserve the nutrients of the ingredients you eat, but it is equally important to make them digestible. Cooking involves subjecting the ingredients to heat, which helps to remove and kill certain impurities and bacteria in them. Cooked foods are easily broken down, and hence, digested with ease. Some vegetables and foods are even more beneficial when lightly cooked. Vegetables like Brussel sprouts, cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, spinach, and kale should not be consumed raw.
3) Eating a light lunch
The ideology behind eating a light lunch may be to keep your weight in check and to stay healthy, but if the food you're having is not nutritious, it can still cause you to gain weight. Some food joints even offer a lunch menu of light proportions while the dinner menu may be packed with heavy amounts of food. This is wrong. It is advisable that people have larger proportions of food in their lunch while dinner should be meager as your digestion slows down as the day progresses. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.