Wilson's Disease Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Treatment for Constipation Treatment
Treatment of Mellitus
Treatment Of Maxillofacial Trauma
Liver Problems Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Treatment Of Liver Diseases
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Treatment of Gastritis
Treatment of Abdominal Pain
Acute Pancreatitis Treatment
Submit a review for Apollo Taratala BehalaYour feedback matters!
Date Palms are the oldest cultivated trees majorly grown in the northern parts of Africa for over 10000 years.Based on the moisture content they hold, are sorted into three categories: Soft,semisoft and Dry.
Below are some Wonders of incorporating Dates in the Regular Diet:
Prevents the risk of developing Heart Ailments:Dates contain high levels of important mineral,Potassium ,which helps in maintaining electrolyte balance and helps in even contractions of heart muscles and nerve impulses.
Cancer Prevention: Polyphenols,Vitamin B6(Pyridoxine) along with Fiber present in Dates are known to provide protection against oxidation process of the healthy cells,hence reducing the impact of carcinogens(cancer producing cells.)
Helps in Maintaining Ideal blood pressure:- Dates are known to have fair amounts of calcium,zinc and manganesium ,which along with potassium help in striking normal blood pressure.It is considered beneficial to hypertensive patients.
The above benefits offered by Date palms makes them an ideal option for those who love to binge on sweets regularly, however they should be taken in supervision by a dietitian or nutrition expert ,as they are relatively high in sugar as well.Diabetics should consume them only, after the recommendation from a Diet expert.
Alopecia areata is "a common condition of undetermined etiology characterized by circumscribed, nonscarring, usually asymmetric areas of baldness on the scalp, eyebrows, and bearded portion of the face."
In the majority of cases, hair falls out in small patches around the size of a quarter. For most people, the hair loss is nothing more than a few patches, though in some cases it can be more extreme.
Sometimes, it can lead to the complete loss of hair on the scalp (alopecia totalis ) or, in extreme cases, the entire body (alopecia universalis).
Alopecia areata is considered to be an autoimmune disease, where the immune system mistakenly attacks the body's own cells instead of harmful foreign invaders.
In the case of alopecia areata, the immune system attacks the hair follicles causing inflammation, which leads to hair loss.
So many queries regarding sexual functioning and that of so called failure in sexual performance.
Ehen we examine closely most of these problems are baseless and mostly are out of undue anxiety and performance anxiety.
Most of these questions are raised by males and role of female partner is underscored or not adressed.A good healthy relationship and an intimate partner can solve most of your problems if you are open to her and take care of her needs also.
Besides sexual satisfaction is one aspect of the whole relationship which involves love,care,sharing and intimacy .If all these are there most of the issues will be solved.
But there are large number of peole holding misconceptions and havepoor knowledge of sexual functioning which increses their anxiety which lead to performance issues. So try to be relaxed and learn petience to deal with such issues.
If you search for sugarcane juice benefits, you'll find that it has been attributed as a natural remedy to a score of problems. It's rich in antioxidants so it helps fights infections and boost the immunity. It's rich in iron, magnesium, calcium and other electrolytes so it's great for dehydration. It helps cure the common cold and other infections and also fight fever as it boosts the body's protein levels. Besides these, there are a few more great health benefits of sugarcane juice that you must learn about:
1. Sugarcane juice is a diuretic which means that it helps treat urinary tract infections, kidney stones and ensure proper functioning of the kidneys.
2. According to Ayurveda, sugarcane juice helps strengthen your liver and is thus suggested as a remedy for jaundice. Jaundice is a condition where you find yellow pigmentation of the skin and membrane due to elevated levels of a substance known as bilirubin in the bodily fluids and is triggered by poor functioning liver. What sugarcane juice does is replenish your body with proteins lost and nutrients that it needs to recover quickly.
3. An Energy Drink - Sugarcane juice is rich in the good kind of carbohydrates, protein, iron, potassium and other essential nutrients that make it the ideal energy drinks. Especially in the summer months, a glass of cold sugarcane juice and really life both your health and your depleting levels of energy. It builds up plasma and body fluids and helps counter dryness and fatigue.
4. Ayurveda also suggests that 'sugarcane juice exhibits laxative properties thereby improving bowel movement and relieving constipation' (Source: ayurhelp.com). Sugarcane juice also has alkaline properties which means it's good for treating acidity and stomach burns.
5. It has a low glycemic index (GI) so it comes highly recommended for diabetics. A study showed that drinking sugarcane juice did not alter the blood glucose levels of diabetics drastically but you should check with your doctor before you start to drink some of this yourself.
For those who are under the age of 35 and healthy, an annual checkup is not necessary, one every 2 to 3 years is fine. Even between 35-45 years if you continue to live a healthy lifestyle and face no medical problems, an annual medical checkup is not essential. But, for those who are above the age of 45, an annual checkup is recommended. The regular checkup will detect any medical issue, which can then be treated effectively. And as you know, early detection can help overcome even deadly diseases like cancer.
What should a checkup involve?
- Essentially a full body checkup starts with obtaining patient and family history to check for any genetic problems. Details on lifestyle habits and exercise routine are also recorded.
- It is followed by a thorough physical examination, which includes measuring blood pressure, checking eye and thyroid, reflex examination, chest examination etc.
- Sometimes depending on factors like the age and patient history a rectal examination may be done. For women, sometimes pap smear (test for cervical cancer) is also recommended.
- A blood test is generally also done. In case, the patient suffers from other problems related tests like Cholesterol, liver function tests, LDLs, HDLs etc. are done.
- The BMI (Body Mass Index) of the patient is taken to measure the weight. Nowadays a waist-hip ratio is generally taken as it offers a more accurate measure.
- After the examination and tests are complete, it is essential that you have a clear conversation with your doctor, and understand how your body is working currently. In case there is a medical problem, make sure that your doctor gives you details about its treatment and cure.
- Don't be afraid to ask questions in case you aren't clear about something. The doctor is there to help you lead a healthy and balanced life.
- It helps, if you conduct a self-examination of your body at regular intervals. Once a month, conduct a skin examination from head to toe for any abnormal spots, rashes or moles. Consult your doctor on the best way to go about it if necessary.
If you would like to schedule home sample pickup for book full body checkup, click here now.
Urinary incontinence is a health condition in men, which causes loss of bladder control. Urinary incontinence usually occurs in cases of medical conditions such as an enlarged prostate, Parkinson's disease and diabetes, and may also occur after a prostate surgery. Urinary incontinence is an irritating and embarrassing condition, but with proper treatment, it can be cured.
Here are several methods used to treat urinary incontinence:
- Caffeine, soda and carbonated drinks cause irritation in the bladder and worsen the symptoms of urinary incontinence. Alcohol is a diuretic and increases the amount of urine too. So abstain from coffee, alcohol and soft drinks to make a difference.
- Dietary adjustments are required for the treatment of urinary incontinence. Several spicy and acidic food items can make urinary incontinence worse. Hence, you should avoid having such foods for some time.
- Urinary incontinence can lead to stress and you must get rid of it for better health. You can try relaxation techniques, such as meditation and breathing exercises. Biofeedback is another option by which you can observe your bladder muscle contractions on a monitor.
- You should try a behavioral technique known as bladder training. This would require you to urinate every half hour, in spite of not having the urge. Slowly try to increase the time in between the bathroom breaks.
- You need to flex your muscles to gain control over urinary incontinence. Kegel exercises can be practiced as these boost the strength of your pelvic muscles. You should find the right muscles that are required to stop the passing of gas.
- Pads and disposable undergarments can be used by men. These help in preventing leaks and also protect the skin from irritation and odor.
- There are several medicines, which help in the treatment of urinary incontinence in men. Some of these work to relax muscles for preventing unwanted bladder contractions, while others help in blocking the nerve signals to the bladder. Drugs used for the shrinking of an enlarged prostate may also be used in some cases.
Surgery is the ultimate option for the treatment of urinary incontinence. Options include a male sling for urinary incontinence. A type of material is wrapped around the urethra for compressing it. Leaks because of coughing, sneezing or laughing are prevented. Artificial sphincter implants may also be used for treatment of urinary incontinence. A cuff is used in order to close the urethra. Urine is released by squeezing the pump to open the cuff. A device similar to a pacemaker is used to stimulate nerves, which help in relaxing the bladder and pelvic floor.
Urinary incontinence is a condition which causes reduced self confidence in men. But there are several ways to treat this condition which include home remedies as well as medications and surgery.
It is perfectly normal to have body odour after a hard day’s work. However, it can get downright embarrassing and alarming if such body odour persists, even after a good warm shower. This medical condition is a symptom of hyperhidrosis or excessive sweating.
What causes body odour?
When the body bacteria combine with sweat, a chemical decomposition occurs that lets out a stinky and pungent smell from certain body parts, especially the feet and the armpits. Working outdoors or being subject to high stress levels over a prolonged period of time can result in this condition. An inclusion of excessive amount of garlic, onion and other spices in your regular diet can trigger body odour as well. Excessive alcohol consumption, conditions such as obesity and diabetes mellitus can also lead to body odour.
Below is a list of some of the most effective homeopathic treatments for body odour:
- Silicea: This homeopathic preparation is effective to remedy feet odour. The concerned person might also show symptoms of excessive sweating in the feet along with the appearance of cracks in between the toes.
- Hepar Sulph: This homeopathic preparation is effective to address a pungent body odour occurring due to excessive physical or mental stress. Additionally, this preparation is also effective to cure body odour that emerges from the armpits and tends to leave a yellow stain around the region. If the pungent body odour persists even after a proper bath, the homeopathic preparation Rheum can be an effective remedy.
- Psorinum: This homeopathic preparation is extremely beneficial to address foul smell in combination with the symptoms of excessive sensitivity to cold weather, an unhealthy /dirty looking skin, and excessive sweating.
- Baryta Carb: This homeopathic preparation is effective to cure feet odour, especially in children. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
While you may be controlling your portions and ensuring that your meals are healthy, the snacks in between the big meals may still be causing your body harm. The packets of chips that you may open will not only add calories, but other harmful chemicals as well.
There are other healthier options out there which you can use to replace it and still satisfy your cravings.
- Kurmura or puffed rice: A staple snack in many parts of India, kurmura comes in many varieties and mixtures that are quite popular. Some examples are jhalmuri, bhelpuri and others. While mixing it with other things such as farsan, nuts and chana are good, excessive use of oil or sweet spices may increase its calorific value. Thus refrain from these additions.
- Khakra: A great Indian snack that comes from Gujarat, this is a form of flatbread which can be consumed on its own or with chutneys. This is very low in fats and oil and is one of the tastiest snack alternatives around.
- Masala corn: Corn is considered to be a very healthy and nutritious snack on its own. However, you can add various types of masala or have a roast corn cob with salt and lime dressing, which is an already favoured snack all over India.
- Nuts: Assorted nuts such as almonds, peanuts, pistachios can be a very filling snack without the need for large quantities of it. However, don't consume too much of it as certain varieties do contain considerable amounts of fat and thus moderation is the key here.
- Soya sticks: A new entrant into the Indian market, soya sticks are baked and then laced with spices. Soya tends to have protein while not much fat and thus it can be a healthy as well as a tasty snack. Soya sticks are usually laced with various kinds of masala.
- Chickpeas or chana: This is another snack which can come in many forms such as roasted, boiled or even as a paste in the form of hummus. It contains a lot of protein but very little fat. Chickpeas can be had either on their own or mixed with nuts or other forms of mixture.
- Baked snacks: Various forms of snacks which are baked instead of fried can be a good alternative as well. Baked versions of potato chips and other snacks are increasingly available in stores across India.
A migraine is considered to be one of the worst headaches of all. It causes excruciating pain along with a range of other symptoms. Notably, a migraine pain is very different in nature compared to general headache. A migraine pain is mostly felt on any one side of the brain. Since a migraine is difficult to diagnose, here is a list of 5 signs that will help you to understand, if your headache qualifies as a migraine:
- Vision splotches: It is very common among migraine patients to experience blind spots and a sudden flash of light. While this might appear to be a little unusual, it is pretty normal for migraine patients. The visual cortex of the brain is responsible for incidences like these. They often pace up and slow down to cause such unnatural feelings. For cases like this, the nerve gets activated by the optical lobe and crashes immediately resulting in such sensations. These visible auras are felt by both the eyes.
- A spinning sensation: A migraine patient often gets a swirling sensation. This requires them to immediately lie down. This is accompanied with nausea and throwing up. Certain migraine-induced changes caused in the brain causes hearing imbalance which is very similar to vertigo. These auras often serve as the onset of a migraine and can last for over one hour before the actual migraine cycle starts. If a person is suffering from these symptoms, it is a clear indication that he is suffering from a migraine.
- Light sensitivity: Migraine patients often becomes oversensitive to sound and light. This is perhaps the reason why most migraine sufferers like to spend more time in dark and solicitude. Studies have shown that sudden exposure to light activates the optic nerve fiber which in turn activates the pain receptors in the brain. A study conducted by the Nature Neuroscience journal conducted in the year 2010 showed that even blind person (with a migraine) suffers from a sudden glow of light.
- Touch sensitivity: Sensory auras often cause sharp pain from tiniest of touches. This is a condition known as the allodynia. This is a condition by which the spine and the brain get super excited by the inflamed blood vessels. This condition should be reported to a doctor since the most common medicine of a migraine does not work well if a patient is suffering from allodynia.
- Funny Face: Aura of the tongue, face and lips are known as cheiro-oral. There is a type of aura that makes even speaking and eating difficult. At time sufferers feel that they are suffering from serious diseases such as brain tumor. If this condition prevails, it makes sense to contact your doctor at the earliest and start medication.
Sudden weight loss is extremely common. It is mainly adopted by people who are depressed because of their weight and want to reduce weight rapidly. There can be various reasons why people would want to adopt sudden weight loss techniques. Few of these reasons are obesity, feelings of social neglect, heart diseases and inactivity or lethargy.
Sometimes many people want to reduce weight as soon as possible. They try to lose weight by dieting or by consuming certain medications. This might result in a lot of complications such as:
- If you reduce weight rapidly, it might cause the skin to be left behind and also it will cause the skin to sag. This also creates stretch marks on the surface of your skin from where you intend to lose weight. This might give a very unsightly appearance to your body. So it is better to reduce weight slowly.
- Many people try to starve themselves while dieting to get faster results. This is extremely harmful for your body. It can result in dehydration and sometimes also lead to nausea or fainting.
- Rapid weight loss can also make you lose water from your body. This can be extremely detrimental for your health. It is difficult to burn a lot of calories in a short time instead you might be burning water from your body which is very harmful.
- Sudden weight loss is not a permanent solution. You should be very careful while adopting rapid forms of weight loss exercise or diet, you might lose weight for a limited period, but since your body isn’t trained to adapt to temporary and rapid changes, you might start gaining weight rapidly instead.
- Rapid weight loss can also lead to the formation of gallstones. It can also cause infection because of obstruction in the normal flow of the bile from the gallbladder to the intestine.
- Hair loss can also occur, if you are trying to lose weight rapidly. Protein intake gets reduced when you follow a strict diet plan for rapid weight loss. This can make your hair extremely brittle and dry hence causing it to break.
If you want to reduce weight, it is better to follow a diet chart which does not make you starve and rather balances your diet.
A blood clot in the leg is termed as Deep Vein Thrombosis or DVT. This blood clot can be fatal, because it usually blocks the passage of blood to the heart by damaging the one way valves of the veins. This can also reach other organs like the lungs, in which situation the case becomes complicated and may also lead to death. There are various ways of preventing the onset of these clots. Follow these points to know more.
- Blood Thinners: Prolonged hospital stay and a major surgery like joint replacement can lead to blood clots in the legs or DVT. Therefore, it is imperative to ask your doctor about a prescription for blood thinners, which can help in better blood flow despite minimal motion in the legs or stiffness.
- Compressions Stockings: If you have been in the hospital for a prolonged period or suffering from leg paralysis, then the risk of blood clots is greater than most others. You can make use of compression stockings, which will help in preventing clots by holding the area tight so that the blood is forced to pump and flow. These should be used every time you are admitted to the hospital.
- Exercise: It is important to keep moving in case you are travelling in a long flight that is over four hours long. Also, you can try certain mild exercises, in case you have a long standing condition of pain or cramping in the leg muscles and joints. From simple toe flexes to muscle strengthening exercises like the heel or towel hook, you can ensure that the tightening action makes your muscle firm so that the blood clots do not have a chance to form. You may also need to lose weight in case you are overweight so that you can alleviate the risk of these clots.
- Water: Staying hydrated is something that we all need to follow in any case, but it is especially important if you are risk of developing blood clots in the legs. Drinking plenty of fluids is a natural way of thinning the blood, especially if you have been in bed or travelling for prolonged periods.
- Loose Fitting Clothing: You may want to wear loose fitting clothing when you are travelling or in the hospital so that you do not end up unnecessarily compressing an area in a way that will be detrimental for the blood flow there. Wearing loose clothing ensures that the blood flow carries on as per its normal routine without any blockages.
It is important to remember the above points so that you keep blood clots in the legs at bay.
Do you want a flawless skin and a perfect figure to grab eyeballs? Are you a fitness freak? Do you believe that your daily dose of exercise can gift you a beautiful body? Well, it’s time you update your knowledge a bit on this issue. Running on the treadmill or spending hours on meditation or yoga is just not enough for a healthy body, skin and mind. You need to flush out the toxins from your body as well. You need to include food items in your regular diet, which have the ability to detox your body.
Believe it or not, there are a plenty of detoxifying natural food items. These food items promote the health of your organs like kidneys, intestines and liver, which help you to get rid of the toxins. Don’t go for any medications or artificial ways of detox. Here are some natural food items that can cleanse your body thoroughly:
- Artichokes: This food item is rich in prebiotic inulin, which helps the growth of probiotics in the gut. Probiotics are the essential and good bacteria. They promote the process of digestion. It improves the health of the gut and facilitates its smooth functioning.
- Brussels sprouts: Cruciferous vegetables like sprouts, cabbage, cauliflower, etc are a must for your health. They improve the health of liver, kidneys and gut. They also facilitate bowel movement. Researchers claim that these foods are rich in phytochemical sulforaphane. This compound protects your body from the adverse effects of pre-carcinogenic cells.
- Oranges: As we all know, oranges have the goodness of vitamin C. Moreover, it is also rich in antioxidants. Vitamin C and other antioxidants keep the liver functioning proper and therefore detoxify the body. Intake of oranges boosts the production of a compound called glutathione. This compound is a must for detoxification of the liver.
- Eggs: If you are thinking that eggs can only help in body-building by giving you the right amount of protein. You are wrong. They do a lot more help to you. They contain an amino acid called cysteine. This is needed for breaking down acetaldehyde, it comes as a by-product of alcohol metabolism. Therefore, eggs are the best food items to get your body purified after an over-night booze party.
- Sweet potatoes: These are rich in Vitamin B. Vitamins B6, B12 and vitamin B folate help in overall digestion and metabolism.
- Lentils: They provide your body with zinc. This mineral is needed for boosting up the immune system of our body and promoting digestion and metabolism.
Nowadays, allergies have become very common amongst individuals. An allergy, is basically a hypersensitive reaction, which occurs in a body due to certain external factors or allergens which are harmful for certain individuals but not necessarily for others. These allergies are manifested in a human body through various symptoms, few of the main being skin rashes, eczema and irritation. These are caused due to allergens such as pollens, dust, mites, certain leaves of trees or even certain food items like seafood, eggs, prawns, etc.
Homeopathy has proved to be very useful in such cases. It not only reduces the intensity of these allergic symptoms but also helps to cure the same. The main advantages of homeopathic medicines are that, they are made out of natural resources and hence, there are no toxins and no side effects. Given below are certain homeopathic medicines for different types of allergies:
Best homeopathic remedy for skin rashes: Apis Mellifica has proved to be the best homeopathic medicine for allergic hives that leads to violent itching and burning sensation in the skin. Sometimes, these are even escorted by swelling of the skin. In such circumstances, Apis Mellifica has proved to be very useful.
Cure for nasal allergies: These are another serious type of allergies which may be followed by sneezing, burning discharge from the nose, coughing and watery eyes. The homeopathic remedy for the same is Arsenic Album. This is, till date, one of the best natural homeopathic remedies for nasal allergies.
Medicine for allergic cough: One of the most severe forms of allergies is allergic cough, as it gradually leads to difficulty in breathing, suffocation, chest tightness and wheezing or whistling sounds from the chest. There are again different types of homeopathic remedies for these such as Ipecac, Bryonic Alba, Sambucus and also Arsenic Album.
Cure for food allergies: Characterized by gastrointestinal disorders such as vomiting and loose motions as well as eczema and other allergic hives, these can be cured by homeopathic medicines such as Carbo Veg, Nux Vomica and Sulphur.
However, it is always advisable to take these medicines only under supervision of doctors. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopathy and ask a free question.
Glucose is the primary ingredient within the body, which is turned into an energy source. This is what we use when we move, walk or make the slightest movements. To metabolize glucose into energy, our body needs insulin, which is a hormone produced within the pancreas. However, if the body doesn't react to the insulin or the pancreas is unable to produce enough, glucose cannot be converted into energy and thus results in type 2 diabetes.
Symptoms of type 2 diabetes:
- Sudden or gradual weight loss despite increased hunger - Many people complain that they feel hungry and eat more, but despite this the tend to lose weight. This occurs as the body cannot metabolize glucose and uses energy reserves from fat or muscles leading to weight loss.
- Frequent infections and slow healing - If you are afflicted with type 2 diabetes, then it might affect your immune system and you may be prone to infections. Also, any cuts or bruises on your body will take much longer to heal than normal.
- Irritability and fatigue - Another common symptom of type 2 diabetes along with the other symptoms mentioned here is quick irritability and fatigue. This is because most of the body is deprived of sugar and thus lacks the energy needed to function normally.
- Constant thirst and increased urination - If you feel constantly thirsty despite drinking ample water and urinating frequently, this may be a tell tale sign of type 2 diabetes.
- Skin darkening in folds and creases of the body - Also known as acanthosis nigricans; this is known darkening of the skin where it also becomes velvety to the touch. It usually develops in the folds of skin in areas, such as the neck and armpits and is a direct result of insulin resistance.
Causes of type 2 diabetes:
Some of the most common causes of type 2 diabetes could be:
- Being overweight
- Lack of physical activity
- Genetic predisposition or family history
- If you are more than 45 years of age
- Hormonal problems such as Polycystic ovarian syndrome
Treatment or management of type 2 diabetes:
In most cases, major lifestyle changes can easily keep the symptoms of type 2 diabetes in check although, in certain cases medications may also be required. Some of the steps necessary are as follows:
- Change in diet and healthy eating
- Physical activity and exercising
- Regular blood sugar monitoring and
- Blood sugar medication along with insulin therapy, if necessary