Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Kochi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shamnad
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. ShamnadYour feedback matters!
My Uncle had a problem that. His uric acid level 6.3, cholesterol total 167, HDL cholesterol 41, LDL cholesterol 102, VLDL cholesterol 24. What he do that solution?
Hello sir, I am 38 years old. Since last 3 weeks I am having acute vertigo. I am taking the vertin 24 mg tablets thrice a day. But, till now I have not fully recovered yet. I have done spinal x-ray, mri head, all blood tests and everything is fine as per the doctors. Would you please suggest anything for this? last august, it started and cured in a week with vertin 16 tablets, but this time it's continuing for 3 weeks.
Actually from past 2 weeks I have head ache problem and I also visited a doctor he told that I have dns problem and my bone in my nose is increasing due to that he told to take steam I also do that but then to I have continues headache full day what should I do?
I am 34 years female. I have trouble of often right side headache. What to do. Is taking pain killer like migrid at that time is the right solution?
I am having dry cough for last 15 days or so I have already taken a 7 day course of cough syrup antibiotic anti allergic on suggestion of my family doctor. Though the cough has gone down, it is still there. Also from last 2-3 days, every time I cough, I feel extreme itching on my neck and chin. What can be the cause?
Hearing aids are very expensive. How often will I have to be making an investment to replace or update them?
I have problem of low blood pressure since last two years so I feel always weakness and breathlessness my BP is 90/65. So make me a suitable treatment for this.
Mere gale ke andar naak ke peeche se laal lakeer si h jo kbhi kbhi jalan krti h or kaan ke neeche sujan lgti h motapan lgta hai. medcini. Bhot kha chuka hu 9 month se ye problem h or ye problem tosilitis hone ke baad se start hai.
Penis Rash: Likely Causes and Effective Remedies
The human skin can be susceptible to problems like rashes. These can often be easily treated using topical medications. But if a rash appears on sensitive body parts such as the penis, there could be cause for concern. Failure to treat rashes and other problems in this delicate area can lead to more serious issues. To better care for this sensitive body part, it's important to be aware of some common causes for penis rash, as well as the recommended treatments.
- Razor Bumps - As suggested by the name, these red, itchy spots usually appear after shaving the hair around the penis. However, this is not as serious as it can be perceived, as razor bumps are simply the result of irritated skin and can be remedied easily. Experts suggest shaving after taking a shower, when the skin is soft, and applying shaving gel for moisturizing. Shaving towards the direction of hair growth is also recommended.
- Jock Itch - This is another common problem that most men have to deal with on a regular basis. Prevalent most especially among athletes, jock itch is caused by a fungus that thrives in warm, moist areas. It can cause a red, spreading, itchy rash that may affect the entire groin area, as well as the thighs. Topical medications such as those used to treat athlete's foot are generally effective for clearing up this condition.
- Contact Dermatitis - This condition is a type of allergic reaction to something in the environment. Most mild cases appear like the run-of-the-mill skin rash, but worse scenarios include fluid-filled bumps that may dry and peel. The most common triggers for contact dermatitis include soaps, laundry detergents, some types of condoms, and even plants and grasses. This condition can be treated by use of topical hydrocortisone ointments. A high-end moisturizer is also recommended to help sooth the itch and minimize drying and flaking.
- Balanitis - Balanitis refers to inflammation of the foreskin and/or glans and is most common among uncircumcised men. It is normally caused mainly by poor hygiene, which allows for the proliferation of bacteria, leading to swelling, soreness, and an itchy, red rash. The best remedy for balanitis is simply cleaning the infected area with a mild cleanser and avoiding the use of scented soaps that may contain irritant chemicals.
- Psoriasis - Psoriasis is a chronic skin condition that essentially speeds up the life cycle of skin cells, causing a rapid build-up of dead skin cells on the skin's surface. Genital psoriasis, in particular, comes off as a deep red rash appearing shiny patches at the tip of the penis or on its shaft. Similar to jock itch, it is aggravated by the moisture that is being locked in. Unfortunately, there is no real cure for this condition, but there are methods to keep it under control, such as treatment with oral medications, UV light, and use of crèmes containing vitamins A and E.
Prevention is better than a cure
The penis is one of the most delicates part of a man's body, and it should be given utmost attention when it comes to treatment. Hygiene, of course, will always play a big role, as well as maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
Daily penis care may be extended beyond simply bathing the area to use of a penis health crème (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil). A high-end product containing nutrients such as Vitamins A, B5, C, D3, and E, as well as rich moisturizers such as Shea butter, can be a key solution for maintaining hydration and soothing itchy, dry, reddened skin.