Doctor in Our Family Clinic
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Our Family ClinicYour feedback matters!
There is a strong connection between the ears, nose and throat, as any ENT or Ear Nose Throat specialist will be able to tell you. When there is any kind of congestion or obstruction in the nasal passages, one can also feel some effect in the ears with the symptoms going from mild to severe.
- The Connection: To begin with, let us understand the connection between the ears and the nose. There is an opening that can be found in the back of the nose, which leads into a tunnel called the Eustachian Tube. This tube goes into the ears and creates some amount of pressure when the nasal passages get blocked. This pressure can be felt as clogging of the ears and can usually be eradicated with the help of a pop in the ears. This pop can be brought about by pinching your nose and trying to breathe, or even yawning hard or indulging in some gulping or swallowing motion as well.
- Mucosal Swelling: The swelling within the patient's nose usually points at the build up of mucus which can make the nasal lining thicker, thus making the act of breathing that much more laboured and difficult. This obstructs the nasal tract, in plain and simple terms. This swelling usually spreads to the tunnel or the Eustachian Tube, which can become swollen and even shut, consequently leading to a feeling of having clogged ears.
- Negative Nasal Pressure: When the pressure inside the nose is built up in a negative way due to the obstruction that makes the patient breathe even harder, then the ears end up taking the pressure. This makes them clogged. This negative pressure usually manifests in the back of the nose where the Eustachian Tube is located, which creates a build up in the ears as well. This can also lead to a ringing pain when a patient tries to suck in air too hard due to the obstruction.
- Bernoulli's Principle: If we are to incorporate air in place of fluid and liken the action of breathing with an obstructed nose, with the action of sucking fluid in through an obstructed straw, then the fluid dynamics would apply to this case. As per these fluid dynamics, more rapid flow of fluid can lead to decreased pressure on the surrounding areas. This can be applied to the blocked nose where air must pass through faster and with more fluidity so as to ensure that there is less pressure on the ears, which will keep them from getting clogged.
Benign Prostrate Hyperplasia (BPH) is a condition which results in the enlargement of the prostate gland. The prostrate grand is situated near the Urethra (a tube which helps flush out the urine from the bladder). Generally, the chances of developing BPH increase after one crosses the age of 50. But it is yet not know, why some men experience more severe symptoms than others.
Causes of BPH
This condition generally occurs because of old age and affects almost all men above the age of 75. It occurs because of the various hormonal changes and changes in cell growth that the body goes through, as one becomes old. Sometimes BPH can set in due to genetics. If BPH sets in due to genetically reasons, it usually is quite severe and affects men before they reach 60.
Symptoms of BPH
Quite a few men who develop BPH, experience no symptoms at all. But when symptoms of BPH, known as lower urinary tract symptoms (LUT) start, they can be either mild or very severe. The severity of the symptoms is not related to the extent of the enlargement. Many a times men with only a mild enlargement complain about severe symptoms, while men with a highly enlarge prostate gland may do not complain of any discomfort.
Symptoms of BPH tend to worsen due to cold weather and also because of physical and emotional overexertion.
There are certain medicines which should be avoided if you suffer from BPH, as they have a tendency to worsen your symptoms, for example- diphenhydramine, pseudoephedrine, oxymetazoline spray and other antidepressants.
The symptoms of BPH are related to issues with bladder emptying and issues with bladder storage. Symptoms related to the urine drainage from the bladder are
1. Strain while urinating
2. Weak urine flow
3. Some dribbling after urination
4. Sudden urge to urinate
5. Pain while urinating
Symptoms related to storage of urine in the bladder are
1. Waking during the night to urinate
2. Urinating frequently during the day and at night
3. Sudden urge to urinate, which may be hard to control
It however, has to be kept in mind that these symptoms may not primarily occur due to prostate enlargement, but may be the result of other conditions like urinary tract infections, prostatitis, prostate cancer, neurological disorders and even diabetes. Thus it is essential that you visit a doctor and get the cause for these symptoms diagnosed properly.
A common headache can have a number of reasons behind it, such as defective vision, hetrophoria or convergence deficiency, etc. Now, the question arises as to how they can cause headache. Read on to know more...
Q. Why should defective vision cause headache?
To attain a perfect vision, eyes with defective vision have to make sustained extra efforts, which results in headache. Even if the refractive error is very small, it can be the cause of headache. More prolonged the working and smaller the print, higher the incidence of headache.
Q. Can this occur at all ages?
Yes, it can occur at all ages. However, with age, the resistance decreases and hence elderly people are more prone to get headache. More the use of computer, mobiles, TV or prolonged studies precipitates headache
Q What is Hetrophoria?
Normally, both eyes always remain parallel, but in some cases, eyes have slight tendency to develop minor squint, may be convergent or divergent. This is called Hetrophoria or Latent squint. Such patients have to take extra strain to keep the eyes straight
Q. What is convergence deficiency?
For reading, both eyes have to converge and if there is weakness of convergence, extra strain has to be put on the eyes, which cause headache.
Q. What is the ideal method of refraction in young patients, I,e below 40 years?
Ideal method is to dilate the pupil with Tropicasyl plus drops. This has the advantage that the doctor can see the retina and Optic Disc. This is important to exclude any involvement of brain as the cause of headache. It also relaxes accommodation and hence provides correct refraction. In cases of Hypermetropia, it is extremely essential to dilate the pupil.
Q. What is the role of Autorefractmeter (a computer) in refraction?
It is a very important instrument to provide correct refraction, but it cannot be totally relied upon. Some opticians rely on it and give wrong numbers.
Q. What is acceptance Test?
You have refracted the eyes with Autorefractmeter or Streak Retinoscope but exact power is what a patient accepts. This is very important.
Q. What is astigmatism?
There is a difference in refraction in different meridians and it is important that a cylinder number is prescribed in correct axis. This is a difficult task and needs lot of experience.
Q. Is it important to correct astigmatism?
To relieve headache and strain on the eyes, it is very important that exact cylinder is prescribed.
Q. What is the role of exact centring of Optical Lenses?
.You may give correct number, but if the centre of the Optical lenses and cornea do not coincide, satisfactory results are not obtained. To dispense correct lenses is a big art and the Optician must be qualified and well experienced.
Q. Does the quality of lens affect the visual comfort?
Yes, it is important that quality of lenses should be good, preferable fibre lenses which are Ant reflect coated. Crizal coating with capability to block the UV rays are very popular.
Conclusion: Refractive errors are important cause of headache and needs proper examination of the eyes, preferably after dilating the pupil. Astigmatic error even if too small may be the cause of headache. Spectacle dispensing is an art and a patient must select proper optician. Spectacles if advised for constant use must be used constantly to get full relief.
A sudden cardiac arrest is not same as a normal heart attack. While a heart attack refers to the blocking of blood flow to the heart, a sudden cardiac arrest refers to when the heart stops beating unexpectedly. Sudden cardiac arrests occur without warning and often this condition is triggered by electrical malfunctioning in the heart that causes arrhythmia. When the heart stops beating, blood cannot be pumped to the brain and other organs and the person loses consciousness. If a patient does not receive immediate treatment, this could be fatal. Hence it is important to know what first aid a person experiencing a sudden cardiac arrest requires.
Do not wait for someone else to help a person experiencing a sudden cardiac arrest. The first few moments after such an experience are critical and hence your decision to help is what could save the person’s life.
Call a Doctor
The first thing to do when you see someone experiencing a cardiac arrest is to call emergency and request an ambulance. If you do not have a phone available, ask someone else to do it.
After a cardiac arrest, it is essential to get the heart to start beating again as soon as possible. CPR or Cardiopulmonary resuscitation can save lives in this situation. If you are trained in this procedure, start with 30 chest compressions before checking the patient’s airway and performing rescue breathing. If you are not trained in CPR, ask the people around if anyone else is.
If no one around can perform CPR, start hands-only CPR. Make the person lie flat on their back and kneel next to their shoulders. Place the heel of one palm in the centre of the person’s chest with the other hand over it. Keep your elbows straight and position your elbows such that they are directly over your hands. Use your upper body weight to push down straight on the person’s chest and release. Try and achieve a rate of 100 compressions a minute. Continue until the person starts breathing again or medical help arrives.
Use an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
If an AED is available, place the electrode pads on the person’s chest as shown in the diagrams that come along with the AED. Follow the visual and voice prompts. Do not worry if the AED shocks the patient as this electrical therapy can help restart the heart.
आजकल कई तरह की एलर्जी देखने में आती हैं. इनमें से जो एलर्जी सबसे ज्यादा परेशानी पैदा करती हैं, वे आंख और नाक की एलर्जी हैं. जब किसी इंसान का ‘इम्यून सिस्टम’ यानी प्रतिरोधक तंत्र वातावरण में मौजूद लगभग नुकसानरहित पदार्थों के संपर्क में आता है तो एलर्जी संबंधी समस्या होती है. शहरी वातावरण में तो इस तरह की समस्याएं और भी ज्यादा हैं. नाक की एलर्जी से पीड़ित लोगों की नाक के पूरे रास्ते में अलर्जिक सूजन पाई जाती है. ऐसा धूल और पराग कणों जैसे एलर्जी पैदा करने वाली चीजों के संपर्क में आने की वजह से होता है. नाक की एलर्जी मुख्य तौर पर दो तरह की होती है. पहली मौसमी, जो साल में किसी खास वक्त के दौरान ही होती है और दूसरी बारहमासी, जो पूरे साल चलती है. दोनों तरह की एलर्जी के लक्षण एक जैसे होते हैं. आइए इस लेख के माध्यम से हम नाक की एलर्जी के कुछ घरेलू उपचारों के बारे में विस्तार से जानकारी प्राप्त करें.
नाक की एलर्जी के प्रकार-
* मौसमी एलर्जी को आमतौर पर घास-फूस का बुखार भी कहा जाता है. साल में किसी खास समय के दौरान ही यह होता है. घास और शैवाल के पराग कण जो मौसमी होते हैं, इस तरह की एलर्जी की आम वजहें हैं.
* नाक की बारहमासी एलर्जी के लक्षण मौसम के साथ नहीं बदलते. इसकी वजह यह होती है कि जिन चीजों के प्रति आप अलर्जिक होते हैं, वे पूरे साल रहती हैं.
मौसमी एलर्जी से बचाव-
जिन चीजों से आपकी एलर्जी बढ़ जाती है, उन सभी को आप खत्म तो नहीं कर सकते, लेकिन कुछ कदम उठाकर आप इसके लक्षणों को नियंत्रित कर सकते हैं. साथ ही, एलर्जी पैदा करने वाले उन तत्वों से बचाव भी संभव है.
* बरसात के मौसम, बादलों वाले मौसम और हवा रहित दिनों में पराग कणों का स्तर कम होता है. गर्म, शुष्क और हवा वाला मौसम वायुजनित पराग कणों और एलर्जी के लक्षणों को बढ़ा सकता है. इसलिए ऐसे दिनों में बाहर कम आएं-जाएं और खिड़कियों को बंद करके रखें.
* अपने बगीचे या आंगन को सही तरीके से रखें. लॉन की घास को दो इंच से ज्यादा न बढ़ने दें. चमकदार और रंगीन फूल सबसे अच्छे होते हैं, क्योंकि वे ऐसे पराग कण पैदा करते हैं, जिनसे एलर्जी नहीं होती.
बारहमासी एलर्जी से बचाव-
पूरे साल के दौरान अगर आप एलर्जी से पीड़ित रहते हैं, तो इसका दोष आपके घर या ऑफिस को दिया जा सकता है. एलर्जी के लक्षणों को कम करने के लिए सबसे बढ़िया तरीका है कि आप अपने घर और ऑफिस को साफ-सुथरा रखें. इसके लिए हफ्ते में एक बार घर और ऑफिस की धूल झाड़ना अच्छा कदम है, लेकिन एलर्जी से पीड़ित लोगों के लिए यह काफी नहीं है. हो सकता है कि साफ सुथरी जगह होने के बावजूद वहां से एलर्जी पैदा करने वाले तत्व साफ न हुए हों. नाक की एलर्जी से पीड़ित लोगों के लिए घर को एक बेहतर जगह बनाने के लिए कुछ अतिरिक्त कदम उठाए जाने की जरूरत है.
* हर हफ्ते अपने बिस्तर को धोएं. इससे चादरों और तकियों के कवर पर आने वाले एलर्जी पैदा करने वाले तत्वों से छुटकारा मिलेगा. अच्छा तो यह होगा कि इन्हें गर्म पानी में धोया जाए और फिर इन्हें गर्म ड्रायर में सुखाया जाए.
* जब आप बाहर जाते हैं तो पराग कण आपके जूतों से चिपक जाते हैं. इसलिए बाहर से आने से पहले पैरों को पोंछ लें या जूतों को बाहर ही उतार दें.
* कालीन और गद्देदार फर्नीचर की साफ-सफाई पर खास ध्यान दें.
* ऐसे गद्दों और तकियों के कवर का इस्तेमाल करें जिन पर एलर्जी पैदा करने वाले तत्वों का असर न होता हो.
* अपने दरवाजे और खिड़कियां बंद रखें, खासकर उन दिनों में जब पराग कण ज्यादा होते हैं.
कुछ घरेलू नुस्खे-
जिन लोगों को सर्दी के रोग हैं और हर सुबह उन्हें अपनी नाक बंद मिलती है, उन्हें नीम, काली मिर्च, शहद और हल्दी का सेवन करना चाहिए. इससे उन्हें काफी फायदा होगा.
* सबसे अच्छा तरीका है बचाव. जिन वजहों से आपको एलर्जी के लक्षण बढ़ते हैं, उनसे आपको दूर रहना चाहिए.
* इसके लिए नीम की पत्तियों को पीसकर पेस्ट बना लें. इस पेस्ट से एक छोटी सी गोली बना लें, इसे शहद में डुबोएं और हर सुबह खाली पेट इसे निगल लें. अगले एक घंटे तक कुछ न खाएं, ताकि नीम का आपके शरीर पर असर हो सके. यह तरीका हर तरह की एलर्जी में फायदा पहुंचाता है, चाहे वह त्वचा की एलर्जी हो, भोजन की एलर्जी हो या किसी और चीज की.
* 10 से 12 काली मिर्च कूट लें. इन्हें दो चम्मच शहद में रात भर भिगोकर रखें. सुबह उठकर इसे खा लें और काली मिर्च को चबा लें. शहद में हल्दी मिला ली जाए तो वह भी अच्छा है. अगर आप सभी डेरी पदार्थों से बचकर रहते हैं तो अपने आप ही बलगम कम होता जाएगा.
जरूरी है सही तरीके से कपालभाति का अभ्यास-
एलर्जी की वजह से हो सकता है कि आपके द्वारा किए गए कार्यों की क्रिया बहुत ज्यादा प्रभावशाली न हो पा रही हो. जैसे - अगर नाक का रास्ता पूरी तरह नहीं खुला है और बलगम की ज्यादा मात्रा है तो क्रिया पूरी तरह से प्रभावशाली नहीं भी हो सकती है. अगर सही तरीके से इसका अभ्यास किया जाए, तो आपको अपने आप ही एलर्जी से छुटकारा मिल सकता है. नाक के रास्तों को साफ रखना और सही तरीके से सांस लेना एक बेहद महत्वपूर्ण प्रक्रिया है. साफ नासिका छिद्र और श्वसन के स्वस्थ तरीके का बड़ा महत्व है. अभ्यास करते रहने से एक ऐसा वक्त भी आएगा, जब कोई अतिरिक्त बलगम नहीं होगा और आपका नासिका छिद्र हमेशा साफ रहेगा.
I am getting urine frequently sometimes even for every half an hour is there any chance of infection in prostate any tests are recommended? Please help.
This condition affects the ovaries and is one of the leading causes of infertility. Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is a set of symptoms due to elevated androgens (male hormones) in biological females. Signs and symptoms of PCOS include irregular or no menstrual periods, heavy periods, excess body and facial hair, acne, pelvic pain, difficulty getting pregnant, and patches of thick, darker, velvety skin. Associated conditions include type 2 diabetes, obesity, obstructive sleep apnea, heart disease, mood disorders, and endometrial cancer.
Ayurveda considers PCOS as Kaphaja Vyadhi. Excess agantuka kapha does not allow the proper formation and transformation of further dhatus.Result is weight gain,diabetes,acne,hair growth on face and other parts etc.PCOS is one of the biggest causes of infertility.The treatment incorporates combination of factors. Step by step plan is given to each patient that involves scientific dietery regimen, ayurveda medicines as well as panchakarma procedures to detoxify the body.
Strict scientific diet and lifestyle changes are required. Daily walk of half an hour minimum,mild exercise especially cycling, stripping etc.Avoid sleep in daytime. Artificial sweetners,milk products,bakery products are not to be used.A balanced diet in proper time ,following dinacharya procedures as per ayurveda further help in reducing weight and hence mitigating the disease.
Panchakarma procedures like udwartanam,snehan svedana,lekhana vasti further help in detoxifying the body. These procedures balance the three doshas,do srotosodhana(clears the channels) and pacify the aggravated kapha.
The ayurveda medications additionally work in balancing hormones.
These combination work wonders in PCOS.So instead of further harming your body by taking artificial hormones or contraceptives ,rely on natural procedures and natural herbs which pacify the root cause of the disease.Hence within one to three months patient gets wonderful relief from her symptoms.Infertility due to PCOS gets corrected with above procedures.
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome or PCOS is referred to as a condition that leads to an imbalance in the hormonal levels of women between the ages of 18 to 44. Women suffering from the syndrome develop small cysts in the ovaries. These cysts might disrupt the normal functions of the ovaries resulting in hormonal imbalances. If you suffer from PCOS, the secretion of the male hormone androgen (which is present in a small amount in every female) increases abnormally, thereby causing a significant disruption of the ovulation process and the menstruation cycles.
Women suffering from obesity or who have a past history of PCOS in their families are at a higher risk of suffering from the syndrome.
The symptoms that one might experience along with syndrome are as follows:
Appearances of acne along with the development of excess body and facial hair.
Irregular or no periods.
Intense pain in the pelvic area and severe depression.
Homeopathic Treatment for PCOS:
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome is curable with the Homeopathic mode of treatment. Homeopathic treatment for polycystic ovarian syndrome is very safe and free from any side effect.Which Homeopathic medicine is required to extract the disease from its roots varies from case to case. Both the physical and mental spheres of the patient are thoroughly investigated while prescribing the Homeopathic medicine. The complete cure of PCOS is a time-consuming process and it cannot be expected in a few days. It requires complete observation regarding the change of symptoms in the patient and frequent clinical follow-ups. Some of the most beneficial homeopathic remedies for PCOS are:
Sepia – Useful for the symptoms of severe pain in the lower back and abdominal areas along with abnormal menstrual periods.
Apis Mellifica –This homeopathic preparation is effective in relieving the symptoms of severe pain in the ovarian regions along with tenderness in the abdominal and uterine areas caused by PCOS.
Pulsatilla – This medication is very effective in treating symptoms of PCOS such as late and minimal menstrual periods along with rapid mood swings, irritation and a decreased sensation of thirst.
Sulphur – This homeopathic preparation is very useful if there is a presence of severely itchy and painful acne along with other skin related symptoms of PCOS.
Natrum Muriaticum – This homeopathic preparation is useful if you experience significant problems with conception along with irregularity in menstrual cycles, along with an excessive craving for salt in the regular diet, unwillingness towards sunlight exposure, and intense episodes of crying and uncharacteristic shyness.
Graphites – If you are of a stout build or are overweight and regularly suffer from constipation along with PCOS, graphites are one of the best homeopathic medications to relieve symptoms and treat this condition.
These are just a few of the commonly used Homeopathic remedies and are mentioned only to create awareness about the effectiveness of Homeopathic medicines for PCOS. It is not advisable to resort to self-medication for any disease.
Respected Doctor, I am from Mumbai I am 25 years old. Doctor Recently before 2 months ago had condom protected sex with an prostitute and I am really scared of hiv and doctor is there any risk of having protected Sex with and Hiv + Female Cause. I have got some kind of rash on Hip area so started drinking Coconut water for 2 days and I had got Cough and neck ache with cold swollen glands and one Heat Pimple Under general. Kindly help me.
Living with asthma can be tough, but not necessarily unmanageable to the point that it interferes living your life to the fullest. It all boils down to being aware of the triggers, signs and all the other relevant details and taking the necessary precautions to keep the asthma attack at arm’s length.
Here is an insight.
- Keep your home dust free: Dust which contains irritants like dust mite collect in your beddings, old rugs, and curtains and they cause severe allergic reactions. Wash your bedspreads and pillow covers weekly once with hot water to kill the dust mites. Wear a mask and gloves while dusting the interior of your home. Keep the interior of your house dry so that molds do not form in the dark and damp places like faucets and toilets.
- Keep your pets at bay: Pet dander triggers problems of asthma when they enter your respiratory system through breathing. If you have any asthma patient in your home, it is best to keep your home free from pets. You can make a separate accommodation outside your home for your pets. They should not be allowed inside the room of the family member with the asthma problem.
- Be aware of your warning signs: Signs such as nose block, running nose, wheezing, coughing and shortness of breath are the common symptoms which trigger an asthma attack. You can measure your peak airflow with the help of a meter right at home. Thus, you can have an assessment of your lung function and take necessary precautions to prevent an attack. Keep your anti-allergic medicines and inhalers during the season you are susceptible to asthma attacks.
- A healthy diet keeps the doctor away: Your diet is directly related to your asthma problem as certain foods have an immediate allergic reaction in our body even before we understand clearly. Also, there are certain foods that have a magical effect on the prevention of asthma. Recent studies have shown Vitamins C& E, Beta-carotene, magnesium, selenium, flavonoids and Omega 3 fatty acids play a vital role in improving lung function and preventing asthma. Eat as much fresh fruits and vegetables as possible.
- A strict no-no to sulphites: Foods that are rich in potassium bisulphite or sodium sulphite may trigger your asthma attack. Both these ingredients are the used for preserving foods for a long time e.g., wine, beer, pickles, tinned or frozen berries, shrimps, etc. Due to the presence of potassium bisulphite, an asthmatic patient may suffer from bronchospasm and other symptoms of asthma attack. Dried fruits like raisins or apricots are also on the list.
Apart from the preventive measures mentioned above, regular exercises and yoga will strengthen the capacity of lungs and help you fight asthma with ease. A healthy diet and stress-free lifestyle is the key to keep this problem at miles away from you!