Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Kanpur and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rajan GandhiYour feedback matters!
9years old he had cough in report x.- ray-broncho -vascular markings r prominent Hb%13.8, RBC-5.1, WBC-WBC-22.6, plt-320, N/L-79H/13L. M/E-7/1 med. hetrazan100, xyzalsnia claribid250 sy- cosere-cosere-d all for ten days again same cough started after 1 month why this problem occur.
My son, a delay birth crying patient is 1year old. His development (physical and mental) is very slow as per his age. He not even sit properly alone. I consult with a pedestrian and a physiotherapist from his 5 months age but development order is not satisfactory. Is there any proper treatment for him? Is he be a normal person in future?
My 12 year old grand-daughter has low fever, 100-101 f and neck pain. Fever from last 3 days and neck pain today. Please advise.
Hi, my son is now 5 month old. He is on powder milk i. E. Nan pro 1 but after heard the news for nan pro -find live lerve in powder. We are worried. So suggest other good milk powder.
I have 7 months baby and he fell off from bed and I have noticed that he is sleeping more than before. Is that true that my notice is true or not? If so what is the reason for that.
Bronchitis asthma since 10years, cough, mucoid sputum 15days, Rs no added sounds, spo2 98%. B/L minimal basal, bronchiectasis radiologically stable. Tcdc bvse normal. The above was scripted on prescription.Kindly advise i am aged 54 years having hypertension. Weight 65, height 5'11.
My baby is 1 month old, I am feeding him directly from 15 days. Before that I have taken my milk through hand and sometimes by syringe. I was too painfully. After that while I am feeding my baby directly one of my breast is too painfully. My gynecologist suggested nipcare ointment & nipple shield. From 2 days I am using that, it was better while using but today I needed my baby directly so that I am facing that problem again. For every 5 minutes I am facing shoot out pain. Can you please suggest me the solution.
My baby is 2.5 months old. She is 70% on lactogen from past 1 month & 30% on mother milk. From past 1 month she has severe colic problem. Also she passes the stool after 3 days by use of suppository capsule. Does the lactogen difficult to digest? Can we give Nan pro? It is easy to digest than lactogen? Or Cows milk will be a good option? We have tried colimex & colicaid but no effect on colic problem.
My daughter is 4 yrs. Sometimes while walking or even just sitting. Her head falls like a jerk for a second. Wht to do?
My son is 4 years old, he have adenoids for the past one year. I'm giving medicines (cold and sometime antibiotics also). Is that safe to give medicines for these many days?
Please suggest some natural tips to save my 4 month child from mosquito bites. We are not able control the mosquitoes comes inside the house.
My newborn child doesn't have center piece of bone in his head, there is space around 3centimeter radius between another piece of bone.
Which baby doesn't spit up their food! This is usually not a reason to worry, but if this spitting up is chronic and is accompanied by other symptoms it is known as Gastroesophageal reflux disease or GERD. Severe GERD can cause weight loss and breathing problems and thus, should not be ignored.
Reflux occurs when food is pushed out of the stomach and back up the esophagus. This is usually because the digestive system in babies is not yet fully developed. Vomiting often during the day is one of the most common symptoms of GERD. Other symptoms include:
- A persistent cough
- Choking or gagging while eating
- Refusing to eat
- Crying while feeding
- Pain in the stomach
Most cases of GERD can be diagnosed by its symptoms and a look at the baby's medical history. In some cases, additional tests may be required, such as:
- Barium swallow: The child is given a chalky substance to drink. This highlights the esophagus, stomach and upper part of the small intestines in a special X-ray. It is used to check if there are any blockages in the digestive system.
- pH probe: A long, thin tube with a probe at one end is put down the child's throat. This is kept in the esophagus for 24 hours. The probe measures the levels of acidity in the stomach. This test is usually done when the child complains of breathing problems along with reflux.
- Upper GI endoscopy: Here the doctor puts a thin, flexible tube down the child's throat. At one end of the tube is a camera that allows the doctor to look into the esophagus, stomach and small intestine.
- Gastric emptying study: One of the causes of reflux is the slow emptying of the stomach. To check this, the doctor will mix a radioactive chemical with the baby's milk that allows a special camera to follow its path down the digestive system.
In most cases, GERD can be treated by making a few lifestyle changes. Some of these are:
- Raise the head of the baby's crib
- After feeding the baby, do not let him lie down, but hold him upright for half an hour or so.
- Change his feeding schedule
- Ask your doctor if you can try giving him solid food. Else, check if you can thicken his feed with cereal.
- Make the baby burp after feeding
Most infants outgrow this condition within a year, so do not stress yourself and enjoy life with your baby.