Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Kanpur and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rajan GandhiYour feedback matters!
Hello. Dr. My baby is going to be 2 year old. Is there any medicine or alternative to stop feeding? And I am reducing weight cos of it. What foods shall I have to put on.
My 1 month old baby has mucus in stool and he has pus cell 10-12/hpf in stool and there is little bit of blood in his stool. What can we do for his early recovery?
My son 14 yrs, he is over weight 70 kg. Approx. 8/9 years ago due to jaundice he takes 4/5 KGS. Glucose. Please advice for loss his weight.
My baby is 10 month old. I am giving him safola masala oats. Shall I continue is that does not cause any problem sir/mam?
I am 16 years old. I sometimes feel a sharp pain in my chest sometimes in the left side but more often in the right side. It pains for 8 to 10 seconds and then stops. I am fit and fine but only the heart pains sometimes. Additional information: I have acnes (like 2 to 3 are produced in 10 days and it is significantly reduced as compared to a year ago). Some hairs of mine have also turned white (10-15).
I am in Bangalore. My daughter (2yrs 10months) has fever since Tuesday morning. She has cough as well.The pediatrician said its a regular flu and prescribed dologel for fever less than 102 and meftal for >102 fever. Earlier the fever came at 4 hrs intervals. Since yesterday morning , her fever came at intervals of around 7-8 hours. Is the line of treatment ok?
My son is 1 years old and his weight is 8.2 kgs. His birth weight was 3.1. He is too much underweight. I am give all solid foods and also high calorie food but still his weight gain is very poor. Though he os very active and also started walking but pls help me as he look like he is 8 month baby due underweight. What can I do to increase his weight.
My sister's daughter is 1 month baby. Normal weight. Operation delivery. She vomit most of time. Is any problem?
My child of 7 years having epilepsy since 2.5 years and taking continue medicine but sezuires are not stopping and have changed doctors also suggest what to do to stop sezuires. Taking care also. But problem occurs when it happens in school. School also takes care but how to stop sezuires.
The festival of Diwali is greeted with great pomp and splendour and along with the regular festivities, the pollution levels in the air also rise due to the ritual of bursting fire crackers. In an analysis, the rise of harmful pollutants such as sulphur dioxide and nitrogen dioxide seemed to reveal a disturbing outcome.
The rise in pollution during Diwali affects you in the following ways:
- The PM (particulate matter which is smaller than 2.5mm) enters your lungs (learn more about lung cancer) and bloodstream and has several health impacts including chronic respiratory symptoms such as painful breathing and shortness of breath which might cause premature death.
- High sulphur dioxide levels in the air during Diwali also lead to inflammation of air passages and causes complications in respiration.
- A compound called ‘strontium’ found in the atmosphere multiplies by 120 times during the festival and causes bone damage and blood clotting ailments.
- Firecrackers contain heavy metals which are toxic to the human body and the amount of magnesium in the air goes up by 22x, which poses a significant threat to all forms of life.
- The noise pollution also rises during the festival and in extreme cases, can permanently damage one’s hearing.
However, there are a few measures you can undertake to steer clear of the excessive pollutants present in the air:
- Limit the amount of time you spend outdoors even while exercising. This is because the air remains contaminated, days after all the festivities get over and the pollutants take a very long time to dissipate.
- Even on the road, drive with the windows of your car rolled up to avoid intake of adulterated air and use a face mask if you are a two-wheeler rider.
- Plant a lot of green plants inside your house as they purify the air you are breathing and ensure a supply of fresh oxygen.
- Install an air purifier in the room to make sure you breathe in fresh, uncontaminated oxygen when you sleep. The air purifier will also help in lessening your respiratory complications.
Also, in case you notice any respiratory or breathing problem, it is advisable that you consult a pulmonologist, to rule out serious health issues.
I'm a new mom, my baby is of 5.5 months, his birth a. Is 3.5 kg and last month his weight is 7.5 kg, i'm Giving only breast milk till now, is it good to continue with it till complete 6 months? Please suggest and now a days he is not sleeping properly at night time wake up for every hour, some peoples are saying to give solids so that he'll sleep for long time, Please suggest I have severe hair fall from 3 months, is it common in postpartum, how I can get my hairs back.
My son is now seven months old and when he born since then he is having nasal sound and now also coming voice from his nose. So that is cough or any else . Regular voice coming.
My son is 4 months old and was suffering with lactose intolerance problem from 3rd month and am feeding him with zerolac instead of his regular lactogen. Today l have used lactogen to check as he was healthy now but as soon as I gave him lactogen the problem raised again and he has continuous watery motions and vomiting from morning. His pediatrician said to use the same zerolac for him continuously and never use other milks. Please give me some suggestions regarding his condition.
Hi, my kid is of 1.7 yrs old but he didn't started uttering words more than ma' ma n ba' ba' da' da, he delivered by lscs n a month before od edd, till now growth and development is good, he weighs 12kg, walks and moves at a pace, last month he'd seizures during fever but recovery was good, what could be the reason and what steps to be taken to get him talk, our 1st kid was good at sharing at his age.
My one year and 3 month old baby start walking for 15-20 days but I notice that he walk with left foot outside. Is this normal.
My daughter is now 9 n half months she has cold . But her eyes looks like infected wit all yellow coming out n she cannot open her eyes after she gets up from sleep.
My wife had an caesarian procedure on 01.05. 2015. Our baby (daughter) born complete healthy. Dr. Advised my wife to take cerazette 75 daily. My baby is being breastfeed ed by my wife exclusively. Now for the last three days, my baby is vomiting continuously even after taking domostol drop. Child specialist is suggesting, that it may be a side-effect of consuming those contraception pill (cerazette 75m). We do not have any reason to take contraception, as getting pregnant is least of our worries. We are staying separate in these three month for job purpose. So, my question is, can the cerazette tab be harmful to my baby by any means? and if my wife stop that tab on her 15th day, will that be better in any scenario, or it may be harmful to my baby.;
Tragedies are a part of life and at some point in life, every person faces them. It may be in different forms like separation, crisis in relationships, financial stress, death of a loved one, some severe disease and many others. Such tragedies can cripple anybody from inside out, but the children can have a devastating effect on their lives. Therefore, it is important that you love and support them during this phase and help them face the situation well.
Here are a few ways of dealing with the effects of tragedies on kids:
- Talk to them, honestly: It is important to assure the kids that they are not alone in this world and should remember that there are many other people who love them. In case of a tragedy, kids usually have a lot of pent-up feelings inside them. You need to talk to them and make them understand that instead of keeping those feelings to themselves, they should talk to you or anyone they trust. Venting out will enable them to relax.
- Act on truth: It is very important to teach the children that no matter what happens in life, there is a chance to start afresh. The kids should be surrounded with people they love, as it will make them feel a little relaxed and open. Also, it is essential for them to know that there’s always hope and not all is lost.
- Remain calm: After a large scale tragedy, your children will usually look up to you regarding, how to react in a situation. Although it is okay for your children to see you sad or in grief, but you should keep as calm as possible and do not react intensely. This will help keep them calm and less anxious.
- Reassure your children about safety: You should make your children understand that they are safe and nothing bad will happen to them. They must be reassured that no harm will come upon them as you are always with them.
- Maintain normal routine: It is essential to give your children a feeling of normalcy. You must try to maintain their normal schedule with the usual dinner time, bed time and school time. You must pay special attention to them to make them feel more secure. You should spend extra time with them and always be there for company and reassurance for any factor.
Children are affected severely by any kind of tragedies as they are fragile and immature. Tragedies disrupt the balance of life, but you must try to make your children feel the crisis as less as possible, so that they get less hampered emotionally. A troubled childhood affects the healthy growing up of a child.