Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Avashesh Gupta
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of Anxiety and Depression
Treatment of Sexual Dysfunction
Treatment of Schizophrenia
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Psychotherapy For Couples
Submit a review for Dr. Avashesh GuptaYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Consultation technique is appreciable, he listen and understand your problems.
Dr. Avashesh Gupta provides answers that are very helpful. Very helpful
Good, Listening all issues carefully..
Panic disorder is an anxiety disorder characterized by reoccurring unexpected panic attacks. Panic attacks are sudden periods of intense fear that may include palpitation, sweating, shaking, shortness of breath, numbness, or a feeling that something really bad is going to happen.
How do we know the symptoms are of panic disorder?
Panic disorder symptoms are primarily centered around panic attacks.
• Panic attacks often consist of a pounding heart, sweatiness, a feeling of weakness, faintness, or dizziness. The hands may tingle or feel numb, the person may feel flushed or chilled.
• There can be chest pain or smothering sensations, a sense of unreality, a fear of impending doom, or loss of control.
• The person may genuinely believe they are having a heart attack or stroke, losing their mind, or on the verge of death. The most important and considerable point is the occurrence of symptoms without any known pathological reasons.
Why it occurs?
There is chemical imbalance within the limbic system and one of its regulatory chemicals GABA-A. The reduced production of GABA-A sends false information to the amygdala which regulates the body's "fight or flight" response mechanism and, in return, produces the physiological symptoms that lead to the disorder. This chemical imbalance occurs due to stress.
Is panic disorder serious?
Yes, panic attacks are real and potentially quite emotionally disabling. Fortunately, they can be controlled with specific treatments. Because of the disturbing physical signs and symptoms that accompany panic attacks, they may be mistaken for heartattacks or some other life-threatening medical problem.
Can panic disorder be cured?
Yes it is curable, the homoeopathic medicine balances the trigger release of neurochemicals and relives the symptoms on the other hand coginitive behavior therapy make you able to tackle these attacks. So homoeopathy along with behavior therapy is very effective and curative also.
At last – The impact on social and personal life
After some time, a person with a panic disorder builds up a consistent fear of having another fit of anxiety, which can influence the every day functioning and lifestyle in general. Panic disorder usually occurs alongside other conditions like depression, liquor abuse, or drug abuse. While a single panic attack may just last a couple of minutes, the impact of the experience can leave a long lasting impression and make you susceptible to more such attacks.
In case you have this issue, the repetitive fits of panic take an emotional toll. The memory of the fear that you felt during these attacks can affect your self-confidence and cause interruption to your regular day-to-day existence. In the end, this prompts to the following panic disorder effects:
1. Expectant uneasiness: Instead of feeling like yourself in the middle of panic attacks, you feel tensed and on edge. This uneasiness originates from a dread of having future attacks of anxiety. This fear is seen more often than not, and can be extremely disabling at times.
2. Phobic avoidance: You start to stay away from specific circumstances or situations. This might happen since you are maintaining a strategic distance because of your previous panic attack. On the other hand, you may stay away from areas where escape would be troublesome or help would be inaccessible in case you had a fit of panic.
Depression is recognized as a mood disorder characterized by the prolonged feeling of sadness and loss of interest in otherwise regular activities.
The symptoms include:
- loss of sleep and appetite
- loss of interest
- persistent feeling of sadness and lowered self-esteem
- difficulties with eating
- difficulties with concentration or attention
- feelings of guilt and worthlessness
These symptoms should last for a minimum of 4 weeks for the individual to be diagnosed with depression. Sometimes, at its later stages, depression can also be accompanied by suicidal tendencies. Most people who are feeling depressed don’t experience every symptom, and the presentation of symptoms varies in degree and intensity from person to person.
Can it be cured successfully?
The short answer is yes. According to central council of homoeopathy and countless research has showed that depression is readily treated with homoeopathic medicine and short-term, goal-oriented psychotherapy. For most people, a combination of the two works best and is usually what is recommended. Psychotherapy approaches scientifically proven to work with depression include cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT), interpersonal therapy, and psychodynamic therapy.
What is the cause of depression?
The exact reason is not known to us but it is believed that the imbalance in trigger release of chemical system in brain is responsible for developing it. These chemicals are called neurotransmitters (such as serotonin and norepinephrine). Neurotransmitters are needed for normal brain function and are involved in the control of mood and in other responses and functions, such as eating, sleep, pain, and thinking. That’s the reason when a person suffers with depression; a lot of related functions get disturbed.
Why homoeopathy has a great therapeutic role in depression?
Homoeopathy medicine is given on the basis of person thinking, feeling, behavior, sleep pattern, eating behavior and mood. That’s why it is most appropriate to particular person in restoring the brain chemical balance. By restoring the brain’s chemical balance, the homoeopathic medicine help relieve the symptoms of depression. However, these are but short-term solutions to depression and don’t necessarily cure the individual completely. For the treatment to be effective, the drug intake must be combined with psychotherapy to solve the problem at the root level.
Advantages of using Homeopathy for Depression:
The best part of homeopathic treatment is that the homeopathic medicines are totally side effect free and its long-term use leads to no damage to the body. Homeopathic medicines also do not cause any sedation. The options in conventional treatments are either to take antidepressant medications or to remain depressed, however, homeopathic medicines are said to be side-effect free and its long-term use leads to no damage to the body. Homeopathic medicines also do not cause any sedation.
There are a lot of medications in homeopathy which are used, post understanding of the behaviour of a person; his/her complete biological and genetic status, his/her existing medical conditions. It is always recommended to consult a homeopath and not to go for self-medication, as it requires specific potencies of medicines for them to be effective on the medical condition.
Beyond Treatment: Things You Can Do
- Try to be active and do exercise regularly.
- Set realistic goals everyday for yourself. Make a chart of it.
- Try to spend time with other people and confide in a trusted friend or relative.
- Try not to isolate yourself, and let others help you.
- Expect your mood to improve gradually, not immediately.
- Postpone important decisions, such as getting married or divorced, or changing jobs until you feel better. Discuss decisions with others who know you well and have a more objective view of your situation.
- Continue to educate yourself about depression.
Note: Depression is a fairly common mental health disorder today, affecting a large population. Depression must be acknowledged as a proper mood disorder and not just a passing phase. It is completely curable with proper medicine and therapeutic sessions. The individual is able to move over the feelings of unhappiness and lack of interest with proper care and acceptance from loved ones in addition to therapy and the drugs, of course.
Erectile dysfunction refers to the situation when a man has difficulty in getting a firm erection or an erection which is required to achieve sexual penetration. Several cases of erectile dysfunction can cause impotency in men.
- Any problem in the blood flow, proper hormone secretion and nervous supply in the body may cause erectile dysfunction.
- Erectile dysfunction also happens due to vascular causes along with neurological causes.
- Arthrosclerosis is a disease which often leads to erectile dysfunction. This disease is most commonly caused by smoking and diabetes. The arteries to the penis become narrow and clogged and erectile dysfunction occurs.
- Neuropathy caused due to diabetes, known as diabetic neuropathy, is a primary neurological cause of erectile dysfunction. Nerve damage on account of surgery around the pelvis area may also lead to erectile dysfunction.
- High blood pressure or hypertension damages arteries all over the vascular system. Blood flow is impaired and proper erection is prohibited, which signifies erectile dysfunction.
Erectile dysfunction also happens due to physical causes such as:
- High cholesterol and obesity.
- Parkinsons disease and multiple cases of sclerosis.
- Smoking, excessive alcohol consumption, and substance abuse.
- Disorder in anatomy or structure of the penis.
- Surgical complications.
- Several prescribed medicines may lead to erectile dysfunction because of reactions and side effects.
Erectile dysfunction may also result due to several psychological causes:
- Depression makes a person uninterested in sex due to lower libido and may cause erectile dysfunction.
- A large amount of stress, fear, tension or anxiety may also lead to erectile dysfunction.
- Many men suffer from performance anxiety and feelings of sexual failure. This may result in erectile dysfunction.
- Poor communication with a partner or pressure from partner regarding sex may also cause erectile dysfunction.
Point to be noted –
Among all the causes, the psychological cause (i.e. anxiety, depression, fear of performance, low confidence etc.) is the most common and important cause in young individuals between 20 to 50 years of age group. These psychological reasons affect the trigger release of hormones responsible for erection.
Role of Homeopathic medicines in Erectile Dysfunction-
Homeopathic medicine has the great ability to treat psychological causes because the medicine selected is on the basis of person cognitive ability, his personality, thinking, mood & behavior. Apart from the psychological cause, homeopathic medicine can cure various pathological reasons like high cholesterol level, diabetes, poor blood flow.
Premature ejaculation is a condition when a man experiences orgasm and releases semen as soon as he starts a sexual activity or a minimal penile stimulation. In most men, the average ejaculatory latency is approximately 4 - 8 minutes. The International Classification of Diseases classifies a latency of 15 seconds in men with PE. Most men experience this premature ejaculation at least once in their lifetime. This is not a serious medical issue unless this occurs regularly with every lovemaking process. In this condition, men experience the orgasm too early and this makes both the partner dissatisfied with their sex. This may develop some relationship problems, psychological stress and lack of interest in sex.
What are the causes of premature ejaculation?
The cause of premature ejaculation depends on whether the premature ejaculation is lifelong or acquired.
Lifelong premature ejaculation –
This can be caused by a chemical imbalance in important brain centres that lowers the threshold for ejaculation. As these men need less stimulation, ejaculation can happen sooner than desired. Psychological problems, including performance anxiety, may be secondary to lifelong premature ejaculation rather than being the primary cause.
Acquired premature ejaculation –
This often caused by performance anxiety. The anxiety can be about sexual performance, fear of being caught in a sexual act or anxiety related to a specific situation, such as a new relationship. Some religious beliefs may also make a man feel anxious about having sex. Acquired premature ejaculation can also be caused by problems such as erectile dysfunction. This may be because of the need for intense stimulation to get and maintain an erection or from anxiety about the erection problem. Overall whatever the reason is, there is always an increased sensitivity of nerves of the Glans penis which gets stimulated on mere touch or even thinking. One study shows there is a lower level of serotonin in men who are affected by premature ejaculation.
Impact of premature ejaculation on social life Men with PE also reports stress over emotional and romantic relationships with their partners. Due to PE-related embarrassment, some men avoid pursuing sexual relationships. PE may also cause considerable distress to female partners.
Treatment & Advice
Don’t use Viagra as it is a management drug, it may give you time being a relief but its continuous use giving so many side-effects along with a loss of a chance to be cured permanently. Young persons (up to the 50) have generally the problem in the release of hormones (not a deficiency of hormones) during sexual activity, which can easily overcome by use of Homoeopathic medicine and a short course of psychotherapy if it is related to an anxiety disorder, phobia, depression or any other Psychological disorder. Few points to remember to overcome premature ejaculation.
- Frequent sex: Premature ejaculation may develop negative feelings towards the act of sex so, regardless of their negative opinion, make yourself involved in sex frequently. Practice makes a man perfect an old proverb works here too.
- Squeeze method: Hold the tip of your penis when you feel the sensation to ejaculate. This may delay the ejaculation and be repeating this every time makes you delay your ejaculation.
- Avoid exercise: Avoid doing strenuous exercises that make your perineal muscles work much. And it is also much important not to do exercises before having sex.
- Improve communication: Lack of communication may also cause premature ejaculation. So it best advised to talk with your partner and express your feeling and understand her completely as this may help to reduce your anxiety during sex.
- Psychotherapy: Attending counselling sessions to ventilate your negative past experience and anxiety with mental health supporters.
- Sex therapy: This therapy insist the man masturbate one or two hours before involving in the sexual intercourse.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Depression is recognized as a mood disorder characterized by the prolonged feeling of sadness and loss of interest in otherwise regular activities. The symptoms include loss of sleep and appetite, loss of interest, persistent feeling of sadness and lowered self-esteem. These symptoms should last for a minimum of 4 weeks for the individual to be diagnosed with depression. Sometimes, at its later stages, depression can also be accompanied by suicidal tendencies.
How it can be treated?
- Role of anti-depressants: Depression has become rather common in the present day scenario. The treatment varies from prescription drugs to therapy. People who have depression are usually given mood enhancers and anti-depressants. Antidepressants are medicines used to help people who have depression. With the help of these depression medications, most people can achieve significant recovery from depression. Most antidepressants are believed to work by slowing the removal of certain chemicals from the brain. These chemicals are called neurotransmitters (such as serotonin and norepinephrine). Neurotransmitters are needed for normal brain function and are involved in the control of mood and in other responses and functions, such as eating, sleep, pain, and thinking. Antidepressants help people with depression by making these natural chemicals more available to the brain. By restoring the brain’s chemical balance, antidepressants help relieve the symptoms of depression. Specifically, antidepressant drugs help reduce the extreme sadness, hopelessness, and lack of interest in life that are typical in people with depression. However, these are but short-term solutions to depression and don’t necessarily cure the individual completely. For the treatment to be effective, the drug intake must be combined with therapeutic techniques to solve the problem at the root level.
- Therapy: Different therapeutic techniques are used to treat depression depending majorly on the individual, the cause of depression and general history and state of mind. Research suggests that client centered therapy and cognitive behavioral therapy are a good start with an average case of depression. The therapists usually incorporate several other methods based on the client’s need to get maximum effect. Adlerian techniques, where individuals are made to comprehend the thoughts and emotions which influence their lifestyles and adopt a more productive and positive way of life, are rather helpful with most clients who suffer from depression.
Depression is a fairly common mental health disorder today, affecting a large population. Depression must be acknowledged as a proper mood disorder and not just a passing phase. It is completely curable with proper medicine and therapeutic sessions. The individual is able to move over the feelings of unhappiness and lack of interest with proper care and acceptance from loved ones in addition to therapy and the drugs, of course. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!