Doctor in Sriram Homoeo Healing & Obesity Centre
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of Anxiety and Depression
Treatment of Sexual Dysfunction
Treatment of Schizophrenia
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Psychotherapy For Couples
Submit a review for Sriram Homoeo Healing & Obesity CentreYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Premature ejaculation is a condition when a man experiences orgasm and releases semen as soon as he starts a sexual activity or a minimal penile stimulation. In most men, the average ejaculatory latency is approximately 4 - 8 minutes. The International Classification of Diseases classifies a latency of 15 seconds in men with PE. Most men experience this premature ejaculation at least once in their lifetime. This is not a serious medical issue unless this occurs regularly with every lovemaking process. In this condition, men experience the orgasm too early and this makes both the partner dissatisfied with their sex. This may develop some relationship problems, psychological stress and lack of interest in sex.
What are the causes of premature ejaculation?
The cause of premature ejaculation depends on whether the premature ejaculation is lifelong or acquired.
Lifelong premature ejaculation –
This can be caused by a chemical imbalance in important brain centres that lowers the threshold for ejaculation. As these men need less stimulation, ejaculation can happen sooner than desired. Psychological problems, including performance anxiety, may be secondary to lifelong premature ejaculation rather than being the primary cause.
Acquired premature ejaculation –
This often caused by performance anxiety. The anxiety can be about sexual performance, fear of being caught in a sexual act or anxiety related to a specific situation, such as a new relationship. Some religious beliefs may also make a man feel anxious about having sex. Acquired premature ejaculation can also be caused by problems such as erectile dysfunction. This may be because of the need for intense stimulation to get and maintain an erection or from anxiety about the erection problem. Overall whatever the reason is, there is always an increased sensitivity of nerves of the Glans penis which gets stimulated on mere touch or even thinking. One study shows there is a lower level of serotonin in men who are affected by premature ejaculation.
Impact of premature ejaculation on social life Men with PE also reports stress over emotional and romantic relationships with their partners. Due to PE-related embarrassment, some men avoid pursuing sexual relationships. PE may also cause considerable distress to female partners.
Treatment & Advice
Don’t use Viagra as it is a management drug, it may give you time being a relief but its continuous use giving so many side-effects along with a loss of a chance to be cured permanently. Young persons (up to the 50) have generally the problem in the release of hormones (not a deficiency of hormones) during sexual activity, which can easily overcome by use of Homoeopathic medicine and a short course of psychotherapy if it is related to an anxiety disorder, phobia, depression or any other Psychological disorder. Few points to remember to overcome premature ejaculation.
- Frequent sex: Premature ejaculation may develop negative feelings towards the act of sex so, regardless of their negative opinion, make yourself involved in sex frequently. Practice makes a man perfect an old proverb works here too.
- Squeeze method: Hold the tip of your penis when you feel the sensation to ejaculate. This may delay the ejaculation and be repeating this every time makes you delay your ejaculation.
- Avoid exercise: Avoid doing strenuous exercises that make your perineal muscles work much. And it is also much important not to do exercises before having sex.
- Improve communication: Lack of communication may also cause premature ejaculation. So it best advised to talk with your partner and express your feeling and understand her completely as this may help to reduce your anxiety during sex.
- Psychotherapy: Attending counselling sessions to ventilate your negative past experience and anxiety with mental health supporters.
- Sex therapy: This therapy insist the man masturbate one or two hours before involving in the sexual intercourse.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Depression is recognized as a mood disorder characterized by the prolonged feeling of sadness and loss of interest in otherwise regular activities. The symptoms include loss of sleep and appetite, loss of interest, persistent feeling of sadness and lowered self-esteem. These symptoms should last for a minimum of 4 weeks for the individual to be diagnosed with depression. Sometimes, at its later stages, depression can also be accompanied by suicidal tendencies.
How it can be treated?
- Role of anti-depressants: Depression has become rather common in the present day scenario. The treatment varies from prescription drugs to therapy. People who have depression are usually given mood enhancers and anti-depressants. Antidepressants are medicines used to help people who have depression. With the help of these depression medications, most people can achieve significant recovery from depression. Most antidepressants are believed to work by slowing the removal of certain chemicals from the brain. These chemicals are called neurotransmitters (such as serotonin and norepinephrine). Neurotransmitters are needed for normal brain function and are involved in the control of mood and in other responses and functions, such as eating, sleep, pain, and thinking. Antidepressants help people with depression by making these natural chemicals more available to the brain. By restoring the brain’s chemical balance, antidepressants help relieve the symptoms of depression. Specifically, antidepressant drugs help reduce the extreme sadness, hopelessness, and lack of interest in life that are typical in people with depression. However, these are but short-term solutions to depression and don’t necessarily cure the individual completely. For the treatment to be effective, the drug intake must be combined with therapeutic techniques to solve the problem at the root level.
- Therapy: Different therapeutic techniques are used to treat depression depending majorly on the individual, the cause of depression and general history and state of mind. Research suggests that client centered therapy and cognitive behavioral therapy are a good start with an average case of depression. The therapists usually incorporate several other methods based on the client’s need to get maximum effect. Adlerian techniques, where individuals are made to comprehend the thoughts and emotions which influence their lifestyles and adopt a more productive and positive way of life, are rather helpful with most clients who suffer from depression.
Depression is a fairly common mental health disorder today, affecting a large population. Depression must be acknowledged as a proper mood disorder and not just a passing phase. It is completely curable with proper medicine and therapeutic sessions. The individual is able to move over the feelings of unhappiness and lack of interest with proper care and acceptance from loved ones in addition to therapy and the drugs, of course. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!