Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Acupressurists in India. You will find Acupressurists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Acupressurists online in Jehanabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Ear Acupuncture Technique
Electro Acupuncture Procedure
Scalp Acupuncture Treatment
Three Edge Needling Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Upendra KumarYour feedback matters!
Hello, I am 23 years boy suffering from hair loss I had tried lots of techniques for controlling hair loss. But now hair loss is controlled but hair density is less. Suggest me some methods to grow more hair.
Sir I may feel tenderness or pain when eating or drinking something hot, cold or sweet Grey, brown or black spots appearing on my teeth. Bad breath. Also An unpleasant taste in mouth. Sir what is the solution?
Avoid sitting for long time to prevent muscles to get spasms or stiffen and to avoid accumulation of adipose tissues as it may increase the risk of developing waistline
Hence try to do small movements involving hip rotation and moving around for at least 15 minutes every three hours to ensure occupational strain in the joints and to ensure better metabolism
Hi Doctor, My age is 24 years, I have more hair in hand, stomach and leg , when I wear half hand shirt/t-shirt it looks very ugly with more hair in hand , Please advice me whether I can cut or leave it as it is, but my fear is if I cut my hair in hand I feel it may grow very fast and more, please suggest.
Many men and women suffer from baldness these days and in order to conceal it, look for options available in the market. Though there are many temporary solutions, the most permanent solution is hair transplantation.
What is Hair Transplantation?
Hair transplantation is broadly achieved by removing grafts/follicles from the back of the head which are more resistant to hormonal changes and placing them in areas of scanty growth or baldness. There are two methods to remove the grafts – Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT) and Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE).
In FUT method, a strip of scalp is cut out from the back of the head and is dissected into individual grafts.
FUE method of hair transplantation involves taking the individual follicular units/grafts from the back of the head one by one by cutting around it through a tiny specialised machine and removing them. The process is tedious and takes a few hours but is painless after a few numbing injections are given.
The rest of the procedure remains the same in both techniques. Tiny sites are created using very fine blades and needles in the balding areas after numbing them again with local anaesthetic injections. These grafts are then inserted in the sites on the front of the head or wherever there is hair loss.
Advantages of FUT method
- Larger areas of baldness can be covered in fewer sittings.
- The recovery time is much quicker with the patient often returning to work the next day itself.
- The resection rate (the grafts that get cut whilst removing) may be lesser providing superior results. However, the resection rate depends on the skill of the surgeon and his/her staff.
Advantages of FUE method
- As this method of hair transplantation does not involve taking an entire strip of scalp from the back of the head like in strip surgery, there are no cuts or stitches.
- There is no linear scar.
Both methods involve surgery hence a proper consultation with the surgeon is required who can explain the procedure and its advantages and disadvantages. It takes several hours to perform the surgery and implant hence it is important to block the day out completely and be mentally prepared for it. Most surgeons will want to shave the entire head before embarking on the procedure so make sure that you factor that in.
Post surgery care
It is important to follow post surgery instructions and take good care of the grafts. Swelling of the scalp, face is common for a few days. You will be on antibiotics, steroids, painkillers for a few days and will be asked to use Minoxidil and or Finasteride.
The grafts are wetted with saline repeatedly for a few days after the transplant. Hair is washed with a diluted shampoo the next day in a specific manner without disturbing the grafts. They will eventually fall out after two weeks and the new growth will be seen anywhere between three to six months. In FUT method, post-op wound care of the scar is important and the sutures are removed after a week.
Who should opt for FUT method?
- People who have larger areas of baldness.
- People who would like to get the procedure done in a single sitting.
Who should go in for FUE method?
- Suitable for people who have smaller areas of baldness.
- People who want to wear shorter hair styles.
- People with active lifestyles like sportsmen, etc.
- Women with smaller areas of baldness.
- People who prefer less invasive procedures and don’t want cuts, stitches on the scalp.
- Those who want faster recovery.
Hello doctor I hve disc bulge. Taking treatment using medicines but the bulg get cured totally? Which appeared in MRI scan. Will it goes to normal again? Its also called sciatic nerve pain itseems. Letme know the best solution.
I haven't been able to run fast because of my muscle ache, since two week. I applied a pain balm, but didn't work. What to do? Please help me.
It is a dream of possibly every human being on earth to have a lustrous mane of hair. But most of you unknowingly do certain things that damage your hair beyond repair. Then when there is hair fall, dandruff and such things you lose your sleep.
6 common mistakes are mentioned below, that people make when it comes to taking care of hair. If you too are making the mistakes, stop before it is too late.
1. Cleaning hair irregularly - many of you believe that shampooing very often can leave your hair damaged. It is true to a certain extent especially if you use chemical shampoos. But if you use mild natural shampoos, it would help keep your hair squeaky clean and also healthy.
2. Brushing your wet hair - you are actually tearing your hair from the scalp. When the hair is wet the scalp easily lets go of the hair and by brushing wet hair you would break good, strong and even new hairs.
3. Blow drying your hair frequently with dryer, can cause irreparable damage to your hair and hence keep the hair dryer away from your hair while drying, as much as possible. It is best to towel dry your hair gently or to keep your hair wrapped in a soft and clean towel for some time for drying it naturally.
4. Hair colors - using hair colors might be the latest fashion trend but the colors are made of chemicals and hence are enemies of your hair. Not only hair colors, if you can keep your hair away from all kinds of hair sprays and styling creams or gels, your hair would thank you at the end of the day.
5. Avoiding hair conditioner - keep your hair moisturized with a good quality conditioner. Not using conditioner, especially when your hair is subjected to outside pollution everyday would not only make your hair extremely damaged but the shine and luster would be gone too, within no time at all.
6. Long hair - long hair looks beautiful but it also exerts pressure to the hair follicles in the scalp leading to hair fall. Hence if you are experiencing excessive hair fall and cannot give enough time daily to maintain your long hair, it would be better to chop it off for the sake of the health of your hair.
My age is 22 my hair getting thinner and greying. I applied onion juice and aloe vera for 2 month but no result help me.
Bones play a significant role in our body. They make our structure and help in organ protection, anchoring the muscles and storing calcium. From childhood to adulthood, bones are continuously changing. While new bones are generated, the old bones are torn down. So, it is important to keep our bones healthy with the advancement of old age. There are many ways by which we can avoid unhealthy bones in old age. Some of these ways have been discussed below:
Adequate amount of calcium intake in our body greatly influences healthy bone with good bone density and mitigate the risk of osteoporosis and bone fractures in old age. Older adults need 1,200 mg of calcium a day by having milk, yogurt or cheese. We should also include non-dairy products like tofu, broccoli, almonds, and green leafy vegetables. These items contain Vitamin D, which help the body in absorbing and process calcium. Good sources of calcium are dairy products and fish such as sardines and salmon.
According to the Institute of Medicine, 1,000 mg of calcium a day is needed for most adults and 1,200 mg/day for women after menopause and men after 70. Adults that are 70 years and older require 800 IU of vitamin D a day to in order to prevent falls and fractures.
Physical Activity: Physical activity reduces the risk of osteoporosis and keeps your bone mobility healthy and strong. According to research, avoiding use of tobacco and alcohol contributes healthy bones. Consumption of these poses threat to the health of the bones. Alcohol increases the risk of osteoporosis as it has the ability to interfere with the body’s absorption of calcium.
Eating disorders and other conditions: People with anorexia or bulimia are at risk of bone loss. In addition, stomach surgery (gastrectomy), weight-loss surgery and conditions such as Crohn's disease, celiac disease and Cushing's disease can affect your body's ability to absorb calcium. So, one should have a healthy diet and maintain a disciplined life.
Certain medications: Long-term use of corticosteroid medications, such as prednisone, cortisone, prednisolone and dexamethasone, are damaging to bone. Other drugs that might increase the risk of osteoporosis include aromatase inhibitors to treat breast cancer, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, methotrexate, some anti-seizure medications, such as phenytoin (Dilantin) and phenobarbital, and proton pump inhibitors. So, while taking medicines one should consult doctor so as to avoid those medicines for long term which affect bone’s health. While taking these medications one should eat adequate amount of calcium as medicine and food in order to minimize the side effects.
Avoid taking caffeine as it makes our body to excrete calcium more quickly. So drink less regular coffee, tea and soft drinks and avoid high caffeine energy drinks. Avoid using salty foods that causes loss of calcium and weakens the bone. Foods that are processed and canned have high salt, so avoid eating these foods.