Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Back Pain Treatment
Neck Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Chronic Pain Management
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Spinal Cord Injury Medicine
Treatment of Muscle Pain Skeleton System
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Cancer Pain Management
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
Treatment of Spinal Diseases
Submit a review for Sudhanshu Indore Pain ClinicYour feedback matters!
Inflammation and resultant pain in the joints are usually the basic tenets of Arthritis. This joint disorder can be painful and often, a debilitating one. It can also make the joints stiff. There are many ways of dealing with this problem, but with Ayurveda, one can get to the root cause of the ailment and its presence. This helps in taking a well rounded holistic approach towards treating it with ancient know how that revolves around herbs and other natural substances which have great medicinal value, lifestyle changes, diet, exercise and Yoga, oil massages, and other methods. Arthritis is known as Sandhivata in Ayurvedic jargon.
Read on to find out how Ayurveda can help in dealing with Arthritis.
- Panchakrama Treatments: Panchakrama treatments like Vasti, Janu vasti, greeva vasti, kati vasti, elakizhi, podikizhi, pizhichil etc. are very useful treatments for Athritis. Small herbal pouches made of various herbs which are warmed in medicated oils are used to massage the entire body or specific areas like the back, neck, shoulders, hands and joints. It does away with pain to give you comfort and much strength A gentle, synchronized massage of up and down is carried out on all parts of the body other than the head with medicated oils. It is administered in seven standard positions, so that no area of the body is left uncovered. Cloth dipped in lukewarm medicated oil is squeezed over the patient’s body uniformly and then the oil rubbed smoothly over the body. This treatments can last for 7-21 days depending upon the severity of the arthritis.
- Diet: In Ayurveda, to treat ailments like Arthritis, it is usually recommended that a patient should start by flushing out the body toxins from within. Diet is one of the ways in which this can be done. A detoxification diet to clean the colon would be one of the foremost ways of doing a cleanse. Further, in one's daily diet, there should be a good dose of vegetables, fruits and other juices. Also, one must have plenty of herbs and spices, which can be used to season the food. Curd should generally be avoided and garlic should be used liberally. The various properties that help in an inside out cleanse that will help the system function in a better manner so that the treatment of ailments is also effectively supported.
- Exercise: In Ayurveda, a certain amount of daily exercise, which spans at least 45 minutes to one hour, is a must. A pattern of healthy eating, restful sleep and exercise is what usually helps in treating ailments like Arthritis. For this ailment specifically, light exercise like walking is recommended. Various Yoga asanas that involve sitting, standing, balancing and lying down poses as well as restful poses will also help in treating knee, shoulder and lower back pain specifically. Also, mustard oil massages can help in reducing the pain.
These are the few ways in which Ayurveda can help Arthritis patients live a more normal life with minimal pain.
Sir/ madam mujhe last 6 months se chest pain ho raha hai. Jyadatar right side pinpoint in chest. Kabhi 2 left side bhi ho jata hai. Blood test x ray ECG sab 5 ya 6 baar alag alag doctors ko dikhaya. Sab ok. Ab iski wajah se stress bhi jyada hone lga hai. Bp bhi high hone laga hai. Kabhi kabhi heart beat 115 se 120 tak ho jati hai. Pls suggest me. Pls help.
Lower back pain is a very common issue and can take place due to numerous reasons. However, one of its main causes is a ligament strain or back muscle strain. Microscopic tear or excessive stretching of ligaments can take place due to lifting very heavy objects, doing enormously strenuous task or due to a sudden twisted movement. These conditions are most likely to be experienced by individuals ranging between the ages of 30 and 60. Other causes of lower back pain include back injury, arthritis of back bone joints, infections in the lower back area, and in very rare cases, tumours.
In case of acute back pain, these are a few important things that should be definitely kept in mind.
- It is absolutely essential to take rest for a couple of days and avoid any sort of stressful activity. Although back pain is self-limiting, if you take proper care, it can be cured in a few days. However, if proper rest is not taken, the situation may become worse.
- Using the black belt, also known as lumbo sacral corset, is a good idea. This can actually be of enormous help to individuals who have been suffering from lower back pain for a long period of time.
- As already mentioned, one of the main causes of these kinds of mishaps are sudden jerky movements, twisted movements, heavy weight lifting etc. So, it is necessary to avoid such circumstances, or else, a more acute back pain situation may arise due to slipping of one of the discs from the spinal cord.
- As much as you like long drives and bike rides, these are a strict no. Any prolonged sitting or standing activity needs to be avoided. It is important that the tear caused in the muscles due to what-so-ever reason heals properly and prolonged stay in a tensed muscle position would definitely not help the cause.
- Although these back pains can be handled at home by following the discussed steps, using simple analgesics or muscle relaxants prescribed by the doctor can be a way to speed up the process of recovering the strained ligament.
Apart from these important steps, regular exercise to strengthen the core body muscles is a great way to avoid such ligament strains in the future. However, if you feel that even after following the precautionary measures, you problem doesn’t subside, consult an experienced doctor for his advice.
Headaches are one of the most common symptoms experienced by most people. While a headache is not a disease per se, it is a manifestation of some underlying disease and can affect the quality of life. The underlying cause could range from something as innocuous as a hunger headache to a slightly more severe one like migraines to underlying neurological and vascular conditions like temporal arteritis. Common forms including a sinus headache, tension headache, cluster headaches, and migraines.
Ayurveda believes that the body goes through disease if there is an imbalance in one of the key components of the body, Vata, pitta, and Kapha. Restoring the balance will take care of not just the symptom but restore overall body health. Relief, therefore, is longer lasting with Ayurvedic solutions. Depending on the type of a headache, the imbalance varies, and treatment would differ and is aimed at restoring the lost balance.
Massage: Using natural oils like peppermint oil, lavender oil, or castor oil to massage the forehead or the temples can produce great relief. This also causes improved circulation and nerve stimulation, leading to pain relief.
- Add substances that produce cold like khus khus, buttermilk, ghee, and coconut water. Try castol oil and shikakai for hair wash and see a headache vanish.
- A mixture of green tea with a lemon squeezed in is one of the quickest reliever for a headache.
- A paste or lemon rind that is applied externally on the forehead and temples also provides relief from a headache and a soothing effect for the affected individual.
- A paste of cinnamon mixed with any essential oil or plain water can also be applied on the forehead and/or temple region for relief from the pain.
- Watermelon juice with sugar reduces the heat produced by the body and relieves a headache.
- Crush some ginger, add it to water, and bring it to a boil. This contains a lot of oils from the ginger, which is very soothing for the stomach. This has pain relieving properties and helps in relieving headaches.
- A glass of warm water with honey in the morning on a daily basis takes care of chronic headaches. It is advisable to drink this on an empty stomach daily.
In addition to the above remedies to relieve the headache, the following measures should be followed for prevention and/or reducing the frequency of headaches.
- Diet: Eating right by avoiding headache-inducing substances like cheese, chocolates, eggs, etc. On the other hand, going hungry can lead to hunger headaches.
- Exercise: The neck, shoulders, and scalp should be eased frequently through regular exercise. This also improves blood flow, thereby reducing headaches.
Try these measures and see your headache disappear.
Me gym kr rha tha tbhi mere thumb or wrist ke joint me dard hone laga hathh modte hue or thumb chalate hue 3 months ho chuke h or kafi pahalvan or ek phsio therapist ko dikha liya h pr koi asar nhi pd rha h .ab me kya karuu.
Hi. I feel pain on d right side of my lower back to the right side of my lower abdomen right down to my leg and I also felt a sharp pain when trying to pass a wind. Please help me out.
Hello Doctor, my husband is doing daily night shift,& the problem is his leg is paining in thigh, calf, Heel, arch,ball of the leg has lots of pain. He is 26 year old. So what is main problem? Can U please suggest me.
Getting pain in right side below my chest from last 3 days. I have applied volini but not get relief. Also took dyegine sherup. But not get relief. please give me a better solution for that
hi Mam mere body pain hoti hai legs mai bhot pain hota hai bilkul bhe body mai taakat nhi rehti mai kya karu. please help me
My husband hv shoulder pain frm 20 days, he is s/w engineer, he can not even sit in the office, how to cure pls suggest any medicine or exercise. please help me for that
She's having very bad pain in her chest n her hand is also paining, feeling num. What could be the reason?
Arthritis is inflammation of one or more of your joints. Pain, swelling, and stiffness are the primary symptoms of arthritis. Any joint in the body may be affected by the disease, but it is particularly common in the knee.
Knee arthritis can make it hard to do many everyday activities, such as walking or climbing stairs. It is a major cause of lost work time and a serious disability for many people. There are 2 types of arthritis the knee joint in the human body can get afflicted with. They are:
The form of arthritis which, with increasing pain, slowly wears down the joint cartilages is called osteoarthritis. This form of arthritis usually affects people after the age 40. The symptoms of osteoarthritis include:
- Severe pain in the knee joints
- Pain after walking up the stairs and it subsiding once you are on rest
- Severe pain after the movement of joints for a long time
- Pain that becomes worse in rainy days
- Joints becoming stiff after waking up in the morning but they improve in the latter part of the day
- Pain which also occurs in the thighs and the genital regions coupled with joints swelling and joints getting stiff after rest.
Rheumatoid arthritis is a chronic form of arthritis caused because of the knee joint inflammations. This form of arthritis can occur at any age. Being an auto-immune disease, its symptoms include, but are not limited to:
- Severe pain in the morning
- Mild fever accompanying the pain
- Joints suddenly becoming swollen, red and warm causing, immense pain
- Sudden stiffness of the joints
- Pain that increases in cold weather
- Mild fever, extreme tiredness and weakening of the muscles
Doctors are still doubtful about what exactly causes the disease; but the deformation of the immune system might cause the damage of the joints, causing people who are already suffering from obesity, smokers, and women, in general, more prone to this disease.
When the knee pain is diagnosed as a form of arthritis, the following treatments are suggested:
- If you are overweight or obese, losing some of those extra pounds can go a long way in reducing the pain.
- Muscle-stretching exercises are effective in keeping the knee joints flexible.
- Dry needling, cupping, taping can help to control the pain and keep the joint supported.
- Prescribed dosage of anti-inflammatory drugs such as Tylenol, Motrin, and Advil or injections of hyaluronic acid might relieve your pain.
If regular treatments do not work, you might opt for knee-replacement surgery and osteotomy (the process of cutting a bone with the help of surgery) which might better the alignment of the knee by transforming the bone shapes.
Physiotherapy for knee arthritis
Physiotherapy treatment is aimed at improving the symptoms of the disease (i.e. knee pain, swelling, stiffness), and you should begin to notice a positive difference within one or a few physiotherapy sessions. The main goals of physiotherapy for your knee arthritis are:
- Reduce your knee pain and inflammation.
- Normalise your knee joint range of motion.
- Strengthen your knee: esp quadriceps (esp VMO) and hamstrings.
- Strengthen your lower limb: calves, hip and pelvis muscles.
- Improve your patellofemoral (knee cap) alignment and function.
- Normalise your muscle lengths.
- Improve your proprioception, agility and balance.
- Improve your technique and function eg walking, squatting. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Physiotherapist.