Submit a review for JJ Acupunture ClinicYour feedback matters!
Obesity is the condition wherein a person has an excessive body weight as a result of genetic or lifestyle related factors. This condition if not taken seriously can be life threatening as obese people are at risk of developing chronic conditions like diabetes, cholesterol, blood pressure, and may also lead to a heart attack. Hence it is crucial to undergo weight reduction.
Calculate the weight you need to lose
Before you begin to practice effective steps for losing weight consider the amount of weight you need to shed. You should first measure your current weight and then calculate your body mass index (BMI) to find the amount of deviation from the recommended range. Then consider the difference between your current and ideal weight as your target weight.
Tips For Losing Weight
1. Eat Right
- Consult a nutritional expert- It all starts with the right diet. An Individual’s eating habits contribute significantly to his weight. If you are obese or overweight, then you should consult a health expert and have him prepare the appropriate diet based on your weight and body type.
- Balanced diet- Make sure you have lean meats, fruits, and green leafy vegetables as part of your diet. Also, cut down on the amount of food you consume and your intake of sugar, salt, and fats gradually. Also, water is the best medicine since it flushes all the toxins out of your body. Make it a point to drink around 2 litres of water on a daily basis. It will help clean your system and also keep you feeling full and hydrated.
- Regular meal time- Another effective tip is to eat regularly. If you skip meals, then your body starts storing excess fat to act as a reserve. If you eat regular meals in small portions, you not only slow down the fat storing process but also reduce the quantity of food you consume.
- Healthy options- Moreover, switch immediately to the modern-day marvel that is green tea. This seems to be very effective as of late and is helping obese people greatly since it is rich in antioxidants. If you do not prefer green tea, then aloe vera juice is an even better alternative.
An obese person needs to exercise regularly. If you find it difficult to do exercise, take baby steps. Start with easy sitting and lying exercises. Go out into the open such as a garden and perform these exercises early in the morning for just 10 minutes. As you build your stamina, increase the intensity gradually.
3. Manage stress
Shed some of that stress in your life as stress and weight are directly correlated. Lose out on stress, and you will also lose those extra pounds.
4. Don’t neglect sleep
Six to eight hours of sleep is essential for a healthy being. Insufficient sleep results in increased levels of cortisol. Cortisol is associated with weight gain.Hence, it becomes crucial to rest enough.
Make sure you seek advice from your doctor and implement the necessary lifestyle changes to accomplish weight reduction effectively.
Anyone can get shoulder pain, and the cause might be simple to serious. You may get shoulder pain because of minor injury, carrying too much weight on the shoulders, poor posture, and any underlying health condition. Sometimes the pain comes and goes on its own without any need of taking medicines, but at times, it becomes difficult to treat them.
Conditions which may lead to shoulder pain may include rotator cuff disorders, instability of shoulders, frozen shoulder, broken arm, broken collarbone, and acromioclavicular joint problems.
The following are a few common causes-
1. Rotator cuff disorder:
A rotator cuff is a group of tendons and muscles which surround the shoulder joint. Tendons are hard and rubbery cords that link muscles to bones. The rotator cuff holds the joint in the right position so that it can move in a desired and controlled way. There are different types of rotator cuff disorder, and each of them leads to various symptoms. But common aspects of the problem include:
- Pain which starts worsening during activities involving the arm above shoulder level. This may include brushing the hair.
- Pain occurring on the front side of the shoulder which tends to worsen during the night
- Ache that occurs on the front and side of the shoulder
Different types of rotator cuff disorders and their characteristics are as follows:
- Tendonitis and bursitis- Tendonitis refers to the swelling of tendon while bursitis is inflammation of the bursa. Bursa is the fluid-filled sacs that are typically placed on the joints and in between bones and tendons.
- Tears- A torn tendon or muscle cause possible weakness and severe pain in the arm and shoulder. Some people also feel a popping sensation when they move the shoulder.
2. Shoulder instability
The shoulder is a type of ball and socket joint and shoulder instability takes place when the ball part of the shoulder fails to fit in correctly in the socket. It can range from catching or slipping feeling to total shoulder dislocation where the ball entirely comes out of the socket.
3. Frozen shoulder
Also referred to as adhesive capsulitis, frozen shoulder is a painful and persistent stiffness present in the shoulder joint. This makes it very difficult for carrying out the full range of normal shoulder movements. Frozen shoulder takes place when there is swallowing, thickening, and tightening of the flexible tissue which surrounds the shoulder joint. This doesn’t allow enough space for the upper arm bone or humerus in the shoulder joint and makes shoulder movement painful and stiff. A person affected with frozen shoulder may find it difficult to carry out the daily chores such as driving, exercising, and sleeping in a comfortable position. Some people may find it absolutely impossible to move their shoulders at all. The symptoms of frozen shoulder can vary to a great extent, but it starts advancing at a gradual pace.
When left untreated, shoulder pain may or may not worsen. When it does worsen it is important to see your doctor.
Peppermint tea is a herbal tea which we know are infusions or tisanes. This tea is used as natural remedies for a wide range of health problems. It is a soothing beverage and offers a host of health benefits, particularly for those suffering from headaches, sinus problems or stomach issues. It is also an effective health tonic for your body. Peppermint tea is one of the most widely used and the most respected for its uses and benefits that you must know about.
Benefits of drinking peppermint tea:
- Remedy for headaches: Peppermint tea is very helpful in treating headaches. It is more effective in staunching headaches that are caused by stress or a poor diet. These headaches typically restrict blood vessels in the brain, causing pain. Usually, pain killers relieve the pain by relaxing the blood vessels in the brain. Peppermint tea also does the same, it opens up the brain's constricted blood vessels, bringing instant relief.
- Peppermint oil in aromatherapy is also used against headaches and colds.
- Remedy for sinus problems: Peppermint contains Menthol which gives it its refreshing flavour. Menthol also helps peppermint fight sinus problems. The menthol in peppermint helps in sinus problems by calming inflamed mucous membranes in the sinuses and throat and by thinning the mucous so it is less likely to block the sinus passageways. Menthol also acts as a decongestant which means it breaks down phlegm and mucous congestion. You can breathe in the steam from peppermint tea to help your sinus become mucous free.
- Remedy for stomach upsets: Peppermint tea is a real stomach healer as it soothes and heals stomach aches, pains, and cramps. Peppermints also get rid of heartburn, gas/flatulence, indigestion and diarrhoea. Peppermint oil is extremely effective against irritable bowel syndrome or IBS.
- Remedy of the brain: Peppermint tea improves brain function and makes you more mentally alert and also improves memory retrieval. Peppermint thus is extremely useful if you are driving back home after a stressful day. It’s also useful for students and those who suffer from stress induced health problems because it calms you down.
- Remedy for menstrual cramps: Peppermint tea is known to ease constricting muscles. This is the reason it’s very useful for athletes as well as people suffering from anxiety. For this reason, it’s also particularly effective in treating cramps caused due to the constricting the muscles in the walls of the uterus.
Other ways it helps is due to its antimicrobial and antiseptic properties, which makes it one hell of an effective skin cleanser and great for fighting bacterial infections when applied topically. It also acts as an analgesic and a treatment for skin disorders like rashes. It also has been shown to break down "bile stones" and reduce bad breath.
I not gaining mass in body. I am very thin. How to get broader and thick body? I take an unboiled egg mixed in 700 ml milk twice a day. How in make a good and attractive body? Please suggest me diet plan.
I am 23 yes old am not gaining weight. I tried many weight gainer joined gym but no result. I am taking good diet also but nothing effective. What should I do now.
Hello ma'am please tell me how can I weight gain. I am now 62 kg and I want to improve 6 kg more. Pls tell me answer. I am pure vegetarian.
Sir I am 18 year old Boy I am skinny and lean what should I do to gain weight. I am vegetarian. I eat a lot but that doesn't make any difference.
I've heard that chia seeds lead to infertility in men, is this true or not? PS. Chia seeds for weight loss.
Actually. I would like to ask question about wait gain and muscle gain (fitness) remedies and diet maintenance i.e what have yo do. Something like workouts etc etc.
My left knee paining I am 62 years old female diabetic .in x ray swelling indicated pl suggest some medicine.
Which dry fruit we can consume in morning? Fig almond raisin or all of these. Please suggest can we take honey with dry fruit. If any other effective way for health of honey and dry fruit please suggest us. heartily Thanks a lot.
I have started walking and jogging recently (3 months now), I have pain in my right knee. Its not severe though. Can you suggest if I need to wear a knee strap or something during jogging as a preventive step? There are many products online but wanted to confirm what would be a good preventive step. Additional information 1. Temporarily stopping jogging is ok, long run I plan to jog regularly 2. I jog only and don't run 3. I jog outside in roads and not in treadmill with good jogging shows 4. I don't have any history of knee problems. 5. I am not looking for any medicine until its absolutely necessary. Please suggest what measures can be taken to prevent knee pain.
I am 37 year old and pain in knee cap during climb of satires or running. What are the causes. What kind of exercise is help in it.
I do decent amount of physical work as I am into Civil construction so have regular site visits. But I also travel a lot so it's difficult for me to maintain a similar schedule on a daily basis. Also I have to eat outside. Can you suggest me a diet plan & physical activity which can help me maintain my health.
Midnight snack craving is basically a craving for food when you wake up in the middle of the night. Midnight cravings can lead to weight gain if you binge eat on a regular basis. It is important that you accept the situation and take steps to rectify it.
A majority of the foods that you consume are mostly empty calories such as cookies and sugar based food. If you don't control these cravings, then it may lead to tremendous weight gain. Here are a few tips to control your midnight snack craving -
- Eat your Dinner Properly: It is important that you eat a well-balanced dinner that consists of carbohydrates, protein and fats. If you don't eat a proper dinner, then the chances of eating later and subsequent binge eating go up drastically.
- Include Fiber: Add fiber to your diet as fiber helps you in feeling full. Eat fiber rich foods such as beans, lentils and broccoli which promote a feeling of satiety.
- Green Tea: Drink a cup of green tea after eating as it will help you sleep better.
- Stay Hydrated: Make sure that you are properly hydrated as it will prevent food cravings. Dehydration may also lead to other health complication such as skin problems.
- Consume Yoghurt: Consume portions of yoghurt as it contains probiotic bacteria that help in keeping your digestive system healthy. It also promotes a feeling of satiety as it contains protein.
- Plan an Activity: Don't immediately go to bed after dinner, instead go for a walk or play with your pet. Make sure that you spend some time after dinner prior to retiring for bed.
- Eat Healthy: If you do have cravings then go for healthy choices such as eating salads and fruits. Focus on foods such as cucumber, jackfruits and apples.
- Protein: Make sure you add protein to your diet as protein helps in muscle building. It also makes you fuller so that you eat less. Include foods such as eggs, chicken and fish to your diet.
- Exercise: Exercise on a regular basis. This increases the secretion of endorphins in your body which improve your wellbeing and promote happiness. It will help you sleep better and reduce your craving to eat unhealthy foods.