Doctors in Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences (KIMS)
Treatment Of Acne/Pimples
Weight Loss Treatment
Treatment of Headaches
Treatment of Fever
Treatment of Hair Fall
Treatment of Red Eyes
Back Pain Treatment
Treatment of Masturbation Addiction
Treatment of Hair Loss
Treatment & Management of Cold
Treatment of Stomach Pain
Treatment of Body Weakness
Treatment of Joint Pain
Treatment of Female Hair Loss
Treatment of Dandruff
Treatment of Leg Pain
Prevention & Treatment of Diabetes
Treatment of Itching
Treatment of Depression
Treatment of Greying Hair
Submit a review for Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences (KIMS)Your feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Male infertility basically refers to the inability of a man to result in pregnancy in female, who is fertile. In human beings, this problem accounts for around 50% of infertility. Almost 7% of all men get affected by infertility. Change in status and current stress, which is on the rise, leads to making a man infertile. When a man has the problem of obesity, this, in turn, tends to affect his fertility as well, with the sperm quality going down along with the sperm count.
Causes of Male Infertility:
- Varicocele: This is a situation where an enlargement of veins occurs in the testicles. It results in blood to pool, thus creating an increased temperature. This rise in temperature in the scrotum leads to the reduction of sperm count, hence affecting fertility.
- Undescended testicles: males with an undescended testicle remains at the increased risk of an inguinal hernia.Infection: An infection occurring in the testicle or prostate can make a male infertile.
- Chemotherapy for cancer: Chemotherapy for cancers or any kind of radiation can have an adverse impact on a male's ability to produce quality sperm and also affecting the sperm count.
Normal Range of Sperm Count:
- The normal volume varies from 1.5 to 5 ml per ejaculation.
- The sperm count tends to vary from 20 to 150 million sperm per milliliter.
Different Issues Related to Male Infertility:
There are certain issues relating to male infertility. They include:
- Oligospermia: This is an issue mainly characterized by low sperm count.
- Asthenozoospermia: This is the medical term used for reduction in sperm motility.
- Azoospermia: Azospermia is a medical condition wherein a man.s semen has no sperm.
- Teratospermia: Teratospermia is condition mainly characterized by the presence of sperm having different shapes (Morphological defect)
Risk Factors for Male Infertility:
- Consumption of Alcohol
- Tight clothing (Jockeys) affecting the circulation of the blood in the groin area
- Hormonal imbalance
- Indulgence in too much exercise
- High temperatures- hot saunas
- Toxin and pollutants
How to Prevent Male Infertility?
Males can prevent themselves from becoming infertile by following a healthy lifestyle:
- They must not get addicted to things like smoking, drugs or in consuming alcohol.
- Exposure to radiation and toxic substances must be avoided.
- Avoidance of long hot bath or saunas in a must.
- Cold water seat bath is very useful to increase sperm count and motility.
Various Kinds of Investigations Include:
- Ultrasound of the scrotal
- Testing of hormones
- Analysis of the urine after ejaculation
- Some genetic tests
- Biopsy of the testicles
- Semen analysis
Role of Diet and Yoga in Male Infertility:
In fertility yoga, the body is put through number of exercises, mainly designed to help in fertility. The yoga poses help to stimulate the endocrine system in a positive manner, where the system is made up of glands, responsible for the production as well as dissemination of hormones throughout the body. Yoga aids male infertility by:
- Stimulation of blood flow around the pelvic area.
- Helping mind and body to stay relaxed, thus avoiding stress.
- Oxygenation to reproductive organ helps in healthy sperm count and increase motility.
Diet maintenance which helps in fertility among males:
- Walnuts: These are rich in omega 3 fatty acids, which help to enhance sperm motility as well as vitality.
- Tomatoes: Tomatoes is a rich source of lycopene, involving great benefits in improving male's fertility.
- Blueberries: They are anti-inflammatory antioxidants, beneficial for the good health of the sperm.
- Dark Chocolate: It is one of the best food to increase male fertility, as it not only helps to increase sperm count but also the motility.
- Vitamin A: Egg, yellow fruits, veggies, milk and dark green vegetables.
- Vitamin B12 and Folic Acid: Green leafy veggies, broccoli, yeast root, whole grain, asparagus oatmeal, avocados.
- Vitamin C: Used as antioxidants . all citrus fruits.
- Vitamin E: Wheat, gram, egg, sweet potatoes, leafy veggies, nuts seeds, whole grain.
Eye flashes or photopsia can be caused by many conditions. Although flashes are harmless, they might indicate some serious eye issue which needs to be addressed immediately. Medical attention should be taken when flashes cause loss of vision and also small spots seem to float from one side to the other, thereby hindering the vision
Migraines and very severe recurrent form of headaches which last for few hours to many days can cause visual symptoms. The light flashes look like zigzag lines, geometric patterns and sparkles when they occur with a migraine. Flashes might affect one eye or both and occur in the peripheral area of the vision. Light flashes sometimes also occur due to an ophthalmic migraine, migraine without a headache.
Posterior Vitreous Detachment
The jelly-like substance or the vitreous fluid fill the center of the eye and also gives it shape, is attached to the retina. With age and over time there is shrinking of the vitreous and it begins to detach from the retina. This is known as posterior vitreous detachment. In this, the vitreous tugs or pulls on the retina, while the retina gets detached and stimulates it thus causing flashes to occur.
There is no known treatment for posterior vitreous detachment, through regular monitoring of the eye through eye checkups are helpful. Symptoms of this are similar to those of retinal detachment (condition in which there is permanent vision loss).
Eye flashes and floaters may cause retinal detatchment. Retinal tear and detachment also cause light flashes in the eye. This needs to be treated promptly. In the case of permanent vision loss, there is a detachment of retina at the back of the eye, especially if the detachment takes place over the macula which is the main focus of the vision on the retina. When the retina detaches from the eye, it loses the main source of nutrients. As there are photosensitive cells in the retina which are responsible for vision, the results of the retinal tear are severe.
Retinal damage occurs after trauma or as a complication from diabetes or posterior vitreous detachment. Vitreous gel tends to seep under the retina from the small crevices and holes formed by the retinal thinning. This, in turn, raises the sections and disconnects it from the eye. This can be corrected by laser treatment, cryopexy or eye surgery.
A trauma like a hard blow on the head can lead the person to experience flashes of light. Also, some medications can lead to toxic levels, like Digitalis can cause flashes of light. The symptoms of eye flashes also occur with macular degeneration, which is an age-related disease and in this, the vision reduces gradually.
Psychiatric disorders like bipolar disorder or schizophrenia do not appear all of a sudden. There are small changes that happen to an individual over a long period of time until the disease fully develops. These signs and symptoms might be too subtle in the early stage for other people to notice until they become obvious. But an early detection of any irregularity proves to be more beneficial for the patient in the long run.
Everyone needs some quiet time to cool off and relax but if a person continuously withdraws him/herself from social occasions and avoids meeting or speaking to friends, it could be a sign that something is wrong. Losing interest in life, work and people are symptoms of depression and psychotic disorder.
Having trouble concentrating, remembering, understanding and explaining oneself in a coherent manner are some common signs of mental disorder.
Excessive stress and anxious behavior for a prolonged period are not normal. Frequent heart palpitations, headache, shortness of breath, racing mind and restlessness are cries of help that need to be heard.
Sudden dramatic outbursts for no apparent reason, frequent mood swings and feeling distressed are potent signs of mental illnesses. These kinds of behavior are seen as part of a person's nature and so they are often unnoticed.
-Changes in appetite and sleeping patterns
Oversleeping may be a sign of depression and insomnia could be a sign of anxiety. Changes in appetite and not caring about oneself or the world are indicators of a mental problem.
In our fast-paced life, a wrong bend or an incorrect posture is quick to trigger a backache. It can also occur because of reasons like arthritis, improper diet, lack of physical activity, an improper lifting of a heavy object, excessive physical labour or pregnancy. Most white collared professionals are a victim of a sedentary lifestyle where they spend hours on end sitting in the same position. In fact, prolonged sitting is also a cause for weight gain, obesity, joint problems, poor health and even premature death.
Our instant reaction is to take a painkiller and get relief from backache. But painkillers often come with unwanted side effects and it is best not to take them unless prescribed by a physician. Some of the commonly prescribed painkillers in the market increase your risk to a heart attack by 2 to 4 times, cause cardiovascular problems, gastrointestinal problems, like digestive tract bleeding and even kidney problems. Instead, backache has several home remedies that can wonders. It will require a little patience but the zero side effect factor and long term relief will eventually be great for you.
Internal and external pain relief with Ginger: Ginger has anti-inflammatory compounds that can work well for pain relief. You can start by making Ginger tea. To do this, add 2-3 slices of ginger in half cup boiling water and simmer it for 10 - 15 minutes. You can add honey and drink it 2-3 times a day. You can also add half teaspoon crushed peppercorns and 2-3 cloves to this tea. Adding a dash of black salt helps in improving the taste.
Harness the power of Basil: Add 10 Basil leaves to a boiling cup of water and continue to boil it until it reduces to half. You can add a dash of salt to this and drink it through the day.
Home remedies with exercise: Not only should you stretch between long sitting hours, but you should also get some back exercise suggested by a physical trainer with expertise in the field.
Trigger your inner healing by releasing endorphins: Endorphins act as a pain-blocking mechanism in the body and doing certain activities you like can help release them. From walking for 20 minutes to aerobics, to yoga to meditation to chiropractic care, you can try whatever makes you happy and calm to trigger your inner healing.
Garlic: These tiny cloves healing powers are well known for a variety of body ailments including blood pressure. Taking a couple of cloves early in the morning on empty stomach or massaging with garlic oil helps relieve backache
Cancer is the scourge of the modern era with increasing cases being reported by a significant percentage of the population with the passage of time. With the ever increasing incidences, the number of patients being treated with chemotherapy is also on the rise. This treatment, however, does come with its own disadvantages and although it may be effective in curing cancer, its side effects may render a patient incapable of leading a normal life for the duration of the treatment.
What exactly is Chemotherapy?
Chemotherapy is a process by which cancer cells in the body are destroyed with the use of chemical drugs. Although it is an effective form of treatment, it has many side effects as it can affect good cells as well. This is one of the main reasons hair cells may die out temporarily and a person undergoing chemotherapy may lose hair.
Sex and chemotherapy
Although sessions of chemotherapy can damage a person's libido it may be possible to have sex keeping certain precautions in mind. Here are certain possibilities and problems associated with sex while undergoing chemotherapy.
1. It is possible to have sex while undergoing chemotherapy if the concerned doctor says that it won't harm the patient in any way.
2. If your doctor says you can have sex then you are in the clear, but it is very important to gauge the situation yourself along with your doctor and go ahead only if chemotherapy is successful.
1. The main problem is that the patient may not have the energy or the desire to have sex as chemotherapy can be taxing on the body. However, if you want to and the doctor says it won't cause problems, you can go ahead with it.
2. Usually, doctors ask patients to abstain from sex if the cancer being treated is within the genitalia. Friction during sex may cause issues within the organs and only and only if proper healing has occurred should the patients consider sex.
3. Certain types of chemotherapy may change the lining of the vaginal walls and thus make them more prone to injury during vaginal sex and thus should be abstained from. Also with chemotherapy, the white blood cell count tends to be reduced within the body and this may leave it vulnerable to bacterial infections which may come from the partner during sex.
Moreover, It is advisable not to conceive while receiving chemotherapy, whether the cancer is with the man and most definitely when it is with the woman. Chemotherapy may cause acute imbalances within the body and may seriously affect the development of the baby and especially the mother, if she has cancer.
- Avoid sugar in your diet: Researchers conclude that having a diet rich in sugar and fructose could be the most damaging thing you do to your brain, among other organs.
- Omega 3 fats in diet: Our body needs a balance of Omega 3, Omega 6 and Omega 9 in the body. Good intake of Omega 3 fats helps in decreasing neuro inflammation.
- Vitamin B12 and Folate levels: Asses your Vitamin B12 plus folate levels, and take good quality multivitamins to optimize blood levels of these vitamins.
- Antioxidants rich diet: Try to take vegetables 6-8 times in a day with seed and nuts every day.
- Optimize your Vitamin D levels: Researchers believe that Optimal Vitamin D levels are neuroprotective, it protects brain cells by increasing the effectiveness of glial cells in nursing damaged neurons back to health.
- Try consuming a Gluten Free, Casein Free diet to rule out non-coelaic gluten sensitivity which Is in turn related to neuropsychiatric disorders.
- Avoid or limit Cow Dairy: I recommend yogurt and ghee made using cow milk. Try camel milk or goat milk products. Always go for organic products.
- Organic Diet: Researchers conclude that pesticides and other chemicals in food leads to intestinal damage and also believe that leaky gut is related to leaky brain. Try to implement an organic diet as much as possible and stay away from pesticides, antibiotics, hormones and GMO foods.
- Increase fiber content in diet: Add Chia seeds and Flax seeds to your diet, as it feeds the healthy microbiome present in your intestine.
- Add fermented foods to your diet: I recommend everyone to read “Second Brain” to understand the relation of Gut Microbiota and neuropsychiatric disorder. Simple dietary changes such as consuming fermented foods and probiotics, which help you to modulate your gut microbiome.