Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychiatrists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nagalakshmi Gogikar
Treatment of Depression
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Anxiety
Treatment of Alcohol Addiction Disorder
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of Eating Disorders
Treatment of Anxiety and Depression
Treatment of Overeating Disorders
Treatment Of Anxiety Attacks
Treatment of Panic Disorders
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment of Schizophrenia
Treatment of Bipolar Disorder
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Stress
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Treatment of Autism
Submit a review for Dr. Nagalakshmi GogikarYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I feel tired while doing exercise. Knee pain is common when I walk briskly or play something. Wt should I have in my diet. I have 11hb level in my blood. Please suggest properly I'm depressed.Please tell.
I am loosing my concentrations in my work. In night I am not getting good sleep. Help me. Bring out from the problem.
I want to know the best psychotherapist for anxiety and OCD as I have tried a number of medicines and therapists but got no benefit.
I have been smoking since 2000, I would like to quit smoking, but its very hard for me, could you help me to quit smoking, or could you prescribe a medicine to quit smoking?
I last 5 years I take psychiatric medicine using in quetiapine 275 mg using depression problems and anxiety problems I have some self Masturbation daily 2 times my in day in 10 years my pennies is also very small but self Masturbation using my penis very big 12 cm but normal level is very small I have sex problems any Sperm I will be loss how to solve the problems.
I am feeling very depressed now a days with my exam results. But I want to recover from this situation. I can't even study for this. Please Help me.
Autism is a development disorder which is characterized by the problems that occurred while interacting with people socially. And, sometimes the person's behavior becomes repetitive or restricted. This is basically caused by a combination of environmental and genetic factors. Several risk factors are also there such as rubella or valproic acid infection during pregnancy. Autism affects the process of sending information to the brain by changing the synapses of the nerve cells. However, the signs of autism often evolve slowly usually parents notice these signs in the initial years of their child's life.
Symptoms of Autism
Autism is basically a very highly unstable neurodevelopmental disorder which appears initially during infancy and then firmly follows without remission. And, the eating behavior might also be unusual at times.
- People affected with autism might be severely impaired in some way or they might be evenly superior in other ways.
- Some symptoms begin gradually after for 6 months and becomes well established by the course of time when they reach the age of 2 to 3 years and steadily continuous through adulthood.
- Symptoms of individual occur basically within the general population and it pretty much appears not to be associated itself highly, separating common traits from being pathologically severe.
- Infants with autism show very little attention towards social affection and tend to smile less often and take time to respond to their own name.
- Children who are affected by Autism that functions frequently, often subjected to intense loneliness if compared to the non-autistic children.
- Sometimes behaviors on these children might be self-injurious like biting its own hand or banging its head, poking their own eyes.
- The daily activities might not vary at all like them and not tend to change the menu or how they dress.
Treatment for Autism
When a child is being treated with autism, then the main goal to lessen the deficit and the distress of the family and improving your child's quality of life. Some medications also used to treat the symptoms of ASD. Some common drugs, antidepressants or stimulants or antipsychotics suggest aripiprazole or risperidone. There must also be a specific teaching method that will help the autistic child to learn some significant social skills that will encourage him or her to interact more with others. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!