Lybrate.com has top trusted Dietitian/Nutritionists from across India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dt. Sita DeviYour feedback matters!
How To Lose Weight FREE Weight Loss Tips For Losing Fat Fast If I had to guess, I’d say the most common goal in the diet and fitness world is weight loss. Nothing else even comes close.
I am 61 years old male I am type 2 diabetic last 3 years, suffering from burning, hyper sensitivity, under treatment diet walking still augur level is not under control fbs 200+ pbs 300. Tab: glimsave-m2 bds.
Hi. I am 36 years old my weight is 75 and height is 6 feet. I look little skinny. Am trying to gain body muscle from 2 years. My diet schedule: 10 am I take heavy breakfast with protein shake 2 pm lunch 7: 30 pm to 8: 30 at gym 9 pm protein shake 9: 30 pm light dinner 10: 30 pm sleep But there is no gain in muscle. Can you pls suggest diet.
Is it necessary to have green tea for weight loss? How mny times one can have paneer? Does it lead to weight gain? Is it important to work out to have weight loss?
Hi, My age is 27 and height is 150 cm after delivery I put on weight upto 15 kg My previous weight was 57 So What should be proper weight for me I want to lose that excessive weight with in 1-2 month so please suggest the diet and exercise for me Thank you.
I am a diabetic since last 5 years. I am too fat. I tried many medication but nothing worked. Prescribe some medicine for normal daily life.
I had been recently consumed fish and after when I have going to rid of my waste blood comes out with it? I have poor immune system! I can't eat high calorie foods? What should I do?
From yesterday night I have a severe hiccup. It has been more than 20 hours. What will be it's remedies.
I am 32 male detected with diabetic sugar level is 186 random and gycosylete hb is 8. 6 .Please suggest diet and medicine.
- Get investigated only as per written doctor's advice
- Do consult again for interpretation and clinical significance
- Take full course of medicines
- Get adult vaccinations as per recommendation
- Increase physical activity
- Eat only home made nutritious diet
- Take 2-3 glass full of home made liquids every 2-3hrs
- Remain enthusiastic to pursue your professional life
Reasons of weight loss:-
• An inadequate diet in terms of protein and kcal.
• Diseases like tuberculosis, diabetes, malabsorption syndrome or cancer.
• Eating very little food.
• Depression / very tense.
• Pathological conditions such as fever and stomach disturbances.
High calories, high protein, high fat with liberal vitamin, antioxidant and PH to nutrients intake are recommended for weight gain.
Tips for weight gain:-
Meals quantity/intake should be increase. Easily digestible foods like potato and sago should be included. Eat dried fruits, sweet, fried food (serving/ day). Fluids should not be taken or with meal but only after a meal so food intake is not reduced.
• Emotional well being is essential to have a good appetite.
• Constipation reduces the appetite so the bowel movement should be regulated with adequate fluids, exercise and fruits.
• Synthetic drinks, soft drinks alcohol, too much of tea and coffee reduces the appetite and should be avoided.
I have call center job from last two years. My weight is eighty three kilo. Please advice me how to reduce weight without going to gym.
Should we monitor for side effects of the medications that you are prescribing or for their interactions with other medications I am taking?
What is the that should be taken to gain weight and stamina. And what is the food useful to increase IQ.
I am 30 years unmarried girl, PCOD sufferer kindly suggest me what should I do as I have gained 15 kg weight.
White rice is originally Brown rice which has been thoroughly refined before it is made available in the stores. Rice grain in its natural unpolished state is rich in fiber, thiamine, proteins, magnesium, calcium, and potassium. Whole rice is also rich in fiber which is good for your digestive system and also aids you to manage your weight effectively. There is a raging debate over the type of rice which is good for your health.
The following are some of the pointers that compare white rice to brown rice:
- Calorie composition: White rice contains more calories when compared to brown rice. A cup of white rice comprises of 242 calories, while a cup of brown rice comprises of 218 calories. Brown rice is recommended to people who are interested to cut down on their calorie intake as a whole.
- Carbohydrates and Fiber composition: Both brown rice and white rice are rich in carbohydrate. A cup of brown rice comprises of 53 grams of carbohydrates and a cup of brown rice comprises of 46 grams of the same. But when it comes to fiber content, brown rice contains more fiber. Fiber is known to boost the blood cholesterol level and aids in weight management; therefore brown rice is more beneficial for help.
- Fat and Protein composition: In case of fat and protein composition, both types of rice have a low fat composition while a cup of each type of rice contains about 4.5 grams of protein.
- Vitamins and Minerals composition: Brown rice is known to contain more percentage of natural vitamins and minerals when compared to white rice. White rice is thoroughly refined which results in the loss of its natural properties. The manufacturers tend to add vitamins and minerals artificially during the processing of the whole rice grain.
- Glycemic Index: According to studies, foods which have a high glycemic index tend to increase your blood sugar level. As per the glycemic index, brown rice has a much lower glycemic index than white rice. The average glycemic index of white rice is about 89 while in case of brown rice it's 50.
It can be said that brown rice is much more nutritious than white rice due to its wholesomeness and higher concentration of nutrients. Brown rice is highly recommended to those people who are health conscious and tend to be careful about their calorie intake.
Related Tip: "6 Do's and Don'ts of Healthy Eating Habits"