Lybrate.com has top trusted Dietitian/Nutritionists from across India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dt. RajeshwariYour feedback matters!
Hiii I am shubham. I am very tired to take the problem of fat so please tell me treatment of fat so I can live freely.
Hello doctor. I.m 23 years old. And I.m.pregnant. Very stretch marks and black spot in. My tummy. What is the precaution?
Hi sir I am studying second year bcom but I am suffering weakness so how to improve the physical fitness suggest me please.
Lately due to some health issues I have gained weight and because of that I have developed stretch marks on my body. I feel ashamed of them and hesitate to wear modern western clothes. I feel somehow it affects my confidence and often think that how will I be able to feel comfortable with my future partner regarding my body if I do not feel great about it. How should I cope with this feeling?
My mother is 93 yrs. Old. She is physically ok but have dimensia. Nowadays she refuses to get up from the bed and some time refuses to even drink water for whole day. Please give your suggessions for handling her.
Should I use whey protein I am 18 years old and started gym if I should so which one please suggest me.
I am diabetic and cholesterol is also there and some of friends advised me to take badam, walnuts, angineer is it advisible to take or not.?
I have been diagnosed diabetic. My latest test shows HbA1c as 9.8 means unsatisfactory control and ABS 235. Test also shows Hdl 33 range is 35 to 80. LDL 70 range is 85 to 130. Triglycerides is 334 range is 25 to 200. VLDL cholesterol 66.8 range is 5 to 40. All other tests are normal. I would like have suggestive medicine from Ayurveda or homeopathic doctors or allopathy.
Today we use smartphones in every possible moment of life; it makes our life easy in every imaginable situation from managing professional contacts, to ordering food, to getting navigational assistance, to paying bills etc. But have you ever wondered, what is the price we would pay if we turn completely dependent or addicted to our smartphones? Smartphones can increase the chances of sleep disorders, lack of concentration, slows a child's socio-emotional growth, can cause compulsive nature etc.
Psychologist Shivani Misri Sadhoo suggests that apart from harmful phone radiations; smartphones and tablets has other ways too, to harm our mental & emotional health.
1. Smartphone Causes sleep disorder: When a person stares at the backlit portable screen of the phone or tablet, it shines short-wavelength, blue light, into the eyes. This stimulates the brain, telling it to stay alert and when Smartphone is used extensively post evening time, the chances are high that body will not release the hormone melatonin, essential for maintaining body’s biological clock. Hence depending on the person’s body sooner or later the chances are very high that person will suffer from the sleep disorder. Prolonged inadequate sleep, not only degenerate the brain cells, but it also causes high blood pressure and heart-related diseases.
2. Smartphones affects’ the social and emotional development of child: when a metropolitan child (generally they are burdened with school homework) is regularly allowed to play with smartphones, their opportunity to learn from face to face interactions or from physical activities get shorter. This affects their brain development as well as hinders their socio-emotional growth.
3.A smartphone gives an instant access to social networking sites and emails; these features sometimes can build compulsion among a person to constantly keep checking updates and emails. Such a compulsion can create lack of concentration, unnecessary mood swing (if the person find an unpleasant update or email at wrong hours of the day, like before sleep).
marriage counselor East of Kailash, best psychologist in Delhi, best psychologist in South Delhi, cure anxiety in south Delhi, psychologist in south delhi
Location: New Delhi, Delhi, India
Smoking during pregnancy can adversely affect not only your health but that of your unborn too. Kicking this habit can help you to have a safer pregnancy as well as a healthier baby. If not, it can lead to a number of serious pregnancy complications including the death of your baby. According to various findings, smoking during this period can double your prospects of having a baby with low birth weight as well as your chance for stillbirth.
What happens when you smoke while pregnant?
The cigarette smoke is made up of about 4000 chemicals, which includes about 60 cancer causing substances, lead, and cyanide. Of these toxins in cigarette smoke, carbon monoxide and nicotine are the two toxins that make up much of smoking-related pregnancy complication. The toxins go directly to your baby through the bloodstream, the only source of nutrients and oxygen for your offspring. By working in tandem, the nicotine and carbon monoxide toxins bring about a decrease in the supply of oxygen for your baby. While nicotine cuts off oxygen supply by constricting the blood vessels, the red blood cells responsible for carrying oxygen also pick up carbon monoxide molecules and take them directly to your baby.
What effects does it have on your little one?
When you smoke, you put your baby on harm's way and here's what happens to your baby:
- Smoking when you are pregnant increases your risk of miscarriage, ectopic pregnancy (a pregnancy growing outside the womb)
- It can cause death of baby in womb (still birth) or shortly after birth
- It can also cause abnormilities in your baby, such as face defects, such as cleft lip/ cleft palate
- It can cause bleeding during the last months of pregnancy, which is known as an abruption (when the placenta comes away from the wall of the womb), this could be life threatening for you and your baby or premature birth, when you have your baby before 37 weeks of pregnancy.
- In terms of weight, it has been revealed that while smoking one pack daily can bring about a 226 gm decrease in the baby's weight, smoking two packs every day can affect your baby's weight by about 453 gm. A stunted growth during this period can negatively affect your child later in life.
- Due to the negative effects of the toxins, the development of your baby's lung and body gets hampered. It may also make your baby prone to Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SID) and asthma.
- It can also increase your baby's chance of suffering from a heart defect. Research shows that babies whose mothers smoke during the first three months of pregnancy have 20-70% chance of developing congenital heart problems compared to babies whose mothers didn't smoke.
- Smoking can affect the development of his brain functions and cause him or her to suffer from low IQ, learning disabilities as well as behavioral issues.
Secondhand (passive) smoke also harms your baby if your husband or anyone else who lives with you smokes, their smoke can affect you and the baby both before and after birth. You may also find it more difficult to stop if someone around you smokes. Secondhand smoke can also reduce the baby's birthweight and increase the risk of cot death. Babies whose parents smoke are more likely to be admitted to hospital for bronchitis and pneumonia during their first year. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Pomegranate is a fruit grown mainly in Armenia, Azerbaijan, Iran, India, drier parts of Southeast Asia, Peninsular Malaysia, the East Indies and tropical Africa, along with parts of California and Arizona. However, it has been the native fruit of the region from Afghanistan, Pakistan and Iran to the Himalayas in northern India. Pomegranate has been associated with a high nutritional value and a large number of health benefits, illustrating the reason why it has been cultivated in the Mediterranean region as well the Caucasus since ancient times. To acquaint you more with this fruit as well as its juice, we have listed the nutritional benefits of their consumption, in the following lines.
Nutritional Value of Pomegranate
Given below is the amount of nutrients in 100 gm of pomegranate
Carbohydrates - 17.17 gm
Sugars - 16.57 gm
Dietary fiber - 0.6 gm
Fat - 0.3 gm
Protein - 0.95 gm
Thiamin (Vitamin B1) - 0.030 mg
Riboflavin (Vitamin B2) - 0.063 mg
Niacin (Vitamin B3) - 0.300 mg
Pantothenic Acid (Vitamin B5) - 0.596 mg
Vitamin B6 - 0.105 mg
Folate (Vitamin B9) - 6 ?g
Vitamin C - 6.1 mg
Calcium - 3 mg
Iron - 0.30 mg
Magnesium - 3 mg
Phosphorus - 8 mg
Potassium - 259 mg
Zinc - 0.12 mg
Energy - 70 kcal (290 kJ)
Health & Nutrition Benefits of Pomegranates/Pomegranate Juice
Being rich in antioxidants, pomegranate can keep LDL (bad cholesterol) from oxidizing and thus, prevents atherosclerosis.
Pomegranate has been found to help keep blood platelets from clumping together and forming unnecessary clots.
Regular consumption of pomegranate juice is said to be beneficial for those suffering from heart diseases.
Researches have indicated that pomegranate compounds might prevent prostate cancer and even slowdown its growth.
Pomegranate juice has also been associated with reducing the risk of breast cancer.
Pomegranate juice is pretty good for those suffering from diarrhea, but it over-consumption can lead to constipation.
Pomegranate is said to be good for reducing plaque in the arteries and raising levels of HDL (good cholesterol).
It has been seen that pomegranate juice helps prevent heart attacks and even stroke.
Studies have shown that maternal consumption of pomegranate juice might protect the neonatal brain from damage after injury.
Pomegranate is believed to help prevent cartilage deterioration and thus, keep osteoarthritis at bay.
Consumption of pomegranate might prevent and even slow down Alzheimer's disease.
Pomegranate juice is associated with lowering of blood pressure as well as better oral health.
Zika Investigators now believe that the birth defect microcephaly and the Paralysing Guillain-Barre Syndrome may be just the most obvious maladies caused by the borne virus
Fuelling that suspicion are recent discoveries of serious brain and Spinal cord infections including encephalitis meningitis and myelitis exposed to Zika
Sir my weight is so much increased. I take dieting food and do exercise daily. But it is not improved. So give me a suggestion.
Hi doctor, I am pregnant. Now I have completed 5 month. Please suggest balance diet which help to increase my weight because I gained only 2 kg extra weight.
Diabetes is a condition wherein the sugar levels in your blood increases significantly. This happens when the sugar you consume from food is not efficiently processed by the body thus, raising your blood sugar levels. An excess concentration of sugar in the blood can make you prone to various health complications.
The symptoms of diabetes include frequent urge to urinate, increased thirst, increased hunger and rapid weight loss, combined with fatigue and irritability. Diabetes can also cause problems in the eyes, such as blurred vision as well as make you prone to cataracts and even glaucoma (in very rare cases). With diabetes, any injury or body sore tends to take a lot of time to heal.
Diabetes is a disorder that occurs due to impaired insulin functioning. Insulin is a hormone that is produced by pancreas, which is located right below the stomach. Diabetes, when occurs as a result of insufficient production of insulin by the pancreas, is known as Type 1 Diabetes. In this type, the immune cells in the body attack the cells in the pancreas, which produce insulin, thus discouraging insulin secretion.
Another kind is the Type 2 diabetes, which occurs when the cells in the body become insulin resistant. Most cases of diabetes are of this particular type, as one of the major reasons behind this is following an erratic lifestyle devoid of healthy habits.
Gestational diabetes is the third type, although it isn’t very common. During pregnancy, the various hormones that are secreted in the body can play spoilsport with the functioning of the pancreas, thus the production of insulin. This leads to a drastic rise in blood sugar levels.
- Eat healthy: Eating healthy assumes the maximum importance; you need to eat healthy in order to control diabetes effectively. Include plenty of fruits and vegetables in the diet, but make sure to pick foods that contain little sugar. Fruits such as bananas and grapes are not the best options for a diabetic. Rather, one should consider cucumber and bitter gourd in such circumstances.
- Exercise regularly: Regular exercise can keep your body weight at optimal levels which goes a long way in preventing and controlling symptoms of diabetes. Besides being good for your heart, cardiovascular exercises such as running bring down the excess glucose levels in the blood.
- Limit stress: Stress is very harmful for the body as it reduces your immunity against diseases and infections. Leading a stressful life can make you prone to a variety of disorders, diabetes being one of them. Relaxation techniques such as meditation and yoga can help one deal with stress effectively. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
I am 21 years old and I eat always healthy food but sir I do not get food into my body and my physique is so weak. I do not that food I eat goes where?
While the very mention of the word ‘Farting’ makes some of you cringe and cover your nose, you can’t ignore the sheer obviousness of the whole process. It is as natural as eating, drinking, sleeping & other daily habits you associate yourself with. Farting occurs mainly when air is trapped within your body. Air might be swallowed during eating or from intestinal gas and chemical reactions in the stomach. In hindsight, farting can be a good thing. Don’t think so?
Here are 5 reasons for you to believe that farting is actually wonderful and not as gross as you think it might be:
- The hydrogen sulphide present in the fart is poisonous and smelly, but if used in small amount, is known to be beneficial in the prevention of heart disorders and strokes.
- The smelling farts containing hydrogen sulphide, which is known to be useful for slowing down the ageing process
- Farting, openly and without inhibition, while being in a relationship can actually be considered as taking a step forward in terms of honesty and comfort in the relationship. If you can share the process with your other half without hesitation and can accept the pungency that comes with it, then the relationship is definitely working well.
- Farting can work as a self-defensive mechanism, as proved by recent researchers.
- Holding your fart for a long time might cause uncomfortable conditions, such as bloated bowel movements and haemorrhoids. No matter how much you hold them, the farts will release themselves once you’re relaxed, especially when you’re sleeping. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.