Doctors in Aditya Hospital
Treatment Of Acne/Pimples
Weight Loss Treatment
Treatment of Hair Fall
Management of Underweight & Malabsorption Disorder
Treatment of Hair Loss
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Female Hair Loss
Treatment of Dandruff
Treatment of Greying Hair
Treatment of Black Spots on Skin
Treatment of Hair Growth
Skin Whitening Procedures
Treatment Of Acne Scars
Treatment of Diet
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Treatment of Oily Skin
Treatment of No Periods
Treatment of Rashes
Glowing Skin Procedures
Management of Dark Skin
Submit a review for Aditya HospitalYour feedback matters!
Every now and then we come across workplace sexual harassment cases in India, and each time a company, industry or even state comes under the spotlight. Unfortunately, sexual harassment in offices has become a concerning trend which can happen to both women as well as men. It can be in the form of unwanted physical conduct, verbal abuse or suggestive language, or suggestive text messages or videos and such.
Generally, an employee might be threatened with some form of punishment unless sexual favors are granted, embraced, proposed for an affair, sent obscene phone calls or even subjected to sex-stereotyped jokes in cases of sexual harassment. The harassment can take other forms as well.
Some official sexual harassment cases have rocked India since quite a long time. In one, a lady professional had accused her well-known boss of touching her inappropriately at a party, though the accused wasn’t jailed.
In another instance, a very capable executive was accused of sexual harassment by his secretary, and had to resign. There was yet again a case where a female employee was harassed for three years by her superior. In some instances, out of court settlements resolved the issue too.
Two men had once accused a very famous Indian citizen of sexually controlling and harassing them in the name of professionalism, while the honchos of many reputed companies continue to appear in the news for lewd behavior and even rape.
Effects on victims
Irrespective of the fact whether the victim is a man or a woman, sexual harassment in offices can lead to various psychological disorders such as depression, post-traumatic stress disorder, increased blood pressure, sleep-related problems, suicidal tendencies and physical aches or pain. The self-confidence and willpower of the victim is often shattered.Hence, it’s crucial to know how to deal with such harassment.
Tips on dealing with sexual harassment
Clearly tell the perpetrator that his or her advances are unwelcome. Say NO firmly but politely, or send a text message or email if you are not comfortable with a direct confrontation. Save the message as proof.
Make notes of where, when and how the harassment happened and who else was present there.
Inform another colleague you trust about the harassment, or friends and family members.
Save all the work you do and all official communications in case the perpetrator decides to question your performance.
Take your HR department or another senior into your confidence and provide proper evidence like text messages, videos or voice recordings as evidence. The HR is actually bound to address the issue.
Don’t expect all your colleagues or teammates to support or believe you. This might happen especially if the harasser is a superior.
Try your best to avoid the perpetrator, or keep a discreet recording device handy if you are unable to avoid. At least make one co-worker your witness, if you fear harassment might occur again.
Make a police report if the problem is grave, or consult a lawyer who deals with such cases.
Don’t be shy; it will simply feed the harasser’s ego. Practice assertive responses if need be. And never ignore any sexual harassment incident.
Your mental health is important
As a sexual harassment victim, it’s natural to have many questions, doubts, and fears. Don’t be afraid to consult a psychologist to process feelings like shame, confusion, rage, guilt or isolation after a traumatic experience. If you ignore these feelings, they might come back to you on a later date and affect your normal life. Finally, believe in yourself and know that you are right. If you are confident, your workplace will become a better place for you.
* This health tip is only for educational purpose.This can't be use as a medical/legal document or proof. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Anal breathing is the beginner’s version of Tao’s Qi Gong. It focuses on the lower portion of the body. Anal breathing helps young men and boys suffering from critical sex problems such as impotence and weak erection. The knowledge of anal breathing is passed by the Tao masters of China thousands of years ago. This method aims at enhancing the bio-energy flow from the conception vessel and Governor's vessel. Once the technique is mastered, it can fetch rich benefits to people suffering from sexual problems.
How is anal breathing done?
- The procedure starts with a simple exercise of the butt. While urination, light pressure needs to be applied to the bladder by pushing the ankles and the heels upward and squeeze the buttocks against the anus and the tailbone. This will stop urination by contracting the PC muscles and the prostate gland. This, in turn, makes the buttock muscles trigger the s4-s2 muscles to close the prostate-bladder outlet.
- Similar width of the shoulder and the leg should be maintained at all times while performing this technique. Slight pressure should be exerted against the bladder and the buttocks should be contracted against the tailbone until it becomes warm.
- The contraction of the butt should be synchronized with the inhalation. While inhaling, it should be ensured that the muscle of the tailbone-anus should be contracted towards the spine. The air should be sucked into the spine, anus and the tailbone of an individual. The sensation of the air getting into the anus is known as anal breathing.
Tips to contract the muscles:
- Beginners have a tendency to contract the anal muscles harder than necessary. Hard contractions end up in doing more harm than good. With more practice, it is possible to master the procedure of contracting the tailbone-anus muscles thereby improving the quality of the erection.
- The pressure applied to the bladder should be very less. The pressure should be such that the relaxation and the expansion of the prostate and the PC muscles happen smoothly.
- In case a person possesses a weak prostate or PC muscle, it is advised that he consumes herbs such as the Patricia, Pyrrosia, dianthus etc.
Check the reservoir:
If the morning erection is no more felt or there is a feeling of fatigue in an individual, the testosterone percentage may be extremely low or non-existent. It is the testosterone that produces nitric oxide to empower erection. If testosterone is lagging in a person, it is advised that necessary measures are taken to build up testosterone levels in the body. This could be done by hormonal therapy, consumption of herbs, medications and such other ways. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Any patient who needs to undergo cataract surgery must be evaluated in a thorough manner so as to establish the requirement, appropriateness, expected surgical problems, expected benefits and co-morbid conditions having an influence on cataract surgery.
The preoperative assessment consists of--
A test for your existing glasses prescription:
It is useful for your cataract surgeon to know your existing glasses prescription in cases where there is a high refractive error (people who are very short or long sighted), in order to plan to correct this error after cataract surgery.
A full ocular examination: This includes looking at-
- The eyelid anatomy and inflammation.
- The state of the tear film, dry eye changes could make surgery difficult
- The presence of abnormalities in the cornea that could make visualisation of the cataract difficult during surgery.
- The amount of dilation the iris undergoes with dilating drops.
The type of cataract. Soft cataracts can be aspirated. Hard cataracts need more ultra-sound energy and surgical time to break up and remove. White cataracts may need trypan blue staining to visualize the capsule.
The measurement of intra-ocular pressure. With this test, we aim to exclude glaucoma and ensure optimal control of immediate pre-operative and intra-operative eye pressures often with extra eye drops that temporarily lower eye pressure.
This is a simple pre-operative measurement. It calculates the correct power of artificial intra-ocular lens. They will be implanted into your eye once your cataract is removed.
This is a test to map out the corneal curvature in greater detail. It is used prior to premium IOL Implantation like Toric IOLS either monofocal or multifocal , to ensure avoid postoperative refractive errors. This extra test is only required if the biometry readings show larger than normal differences in keratometry readings.
Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT)
This test allows detailed visualisation of the macula (the central sensitive part of the retina used for fine vision). If the ophthalmologist suspects any macula changes that may prevent a patient from visual improvement after cataract surgery, he always suggest optical coherence tomography.
Blood Pressure Measurements
It is very important to know your blood pressure measurements before your cataract operation. The risk of having a bleed at the back of your eye during cataract surgery (supra-choroidal haemorrhage) is very small (1 in 10000). But is higher if you have uncontrolled blood pressure.
Blood Sugar Measurements in Diabetic Patients
Cataract surgery itself does not affect your blood sugar measurements if you are diabetic. A routine checkup of blood sugars in diabetics before cataract surgery is done and the surgery if often delayed if the levels were greater than 20mmol/L as the risk of post-operative infection is higher. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
The very simple two letter word No appears to be in my professional (and sometimes personal experience) a rather tough word to formulate. On the surface of it, it seems to be simple and straightforward. However, in reality, it can be very hard to say. As humans, we are constantly trying to seek validation and acceptance from our peers and society in general. Which is why people a lot many times agree to things that they do not want to do. This can in part be due to the inability to disappoint someone they love and care about. It is also easier to not say no as it helps us maintain connections with people. Even though the end result could overburden us.
The repercussions of this absence of disagreement is critical. By over-committing ourselves, we are actually consuming the majority of our positive energy and using it somewhere where we might not want to. This takes away from our own goals and needs. It leaves us tired and we greet each day like it is simply one more battle or hurdle to cross. We also give up our own basic needs for space, stillness, relaxation and imagination and are bound to our committed state.
To avoid this, we must first acknowledge our own needs and priorities for both mental and physical well-being and joy. For this, one may have to know when saying "yes" will fulfill your requirement for rest, relaxation or self-awareness. When we do this, the unfounded dread of not being socially acceptable for saying "no" gradually dissipates.
Here are three reasons why saying "no" can prove to be beneficial:
- You will have more 'Me' time: The extra time made by saying "no" will, at any rate, prevent that forced clock from ticking. It will make you feel like you are in- charge of your own time and destiny. This can truly lighten up your mood, lift your anxiety and bolster your health. Rather than saying yes to going out for lunch or a party that you feel obligated to go to, but might not want to, simply practicing the art of saying no. You will automatically feel happier when you are sitting at home, relaxing rather than forcefully socializing.
- You will not regret: At first, you may be reluctant to say"no" because of a self- created fear of passing up a major opportunity or the fear of missing out. As a general rule, nonetheless, in case that you need to say"no," odds are you have much better explanations for you not being there. If you do go for it, you might regret it afterwards thinking that you could have done something better with your time rather than having completely wasted it.
- You & your friends will respect you for it: No one wants to be taken for granted. However, in case you continue saying "yes" to each demand or supposed opportunity that doesn't resonate with you, it will be how individuals will come to see you and behave towards you, as too available. The more you say "yes," the more individuals will generally expect things of you. So, try saying no when you mean no instead of saying yes just to please someone else. They will respect you for it.
Personal boundaries and personal space are very important and we owe it to ourselves to say no to other's demands on our time & energy. It's part of self- love & care.
Blackheads can cause a lot of social embarrassment and anxiety for many people as they look like ugly blemishes on your skin. Although blackheads are a skin problem, they could be manifestations of other internal problems as well. There are many topical remedies to tackle blackheads but a holistic approach such as the one provided by Ayurveda will be a more effective solution.
Why do we get blackheads?
If you have oily skin, this is a serious problem for you. The oil secreting glands on your face and nose known as the sebaceous glands produce oil to protect the skin and keep it hydrated. Excess production of this oil clogs the pores of the skin and expands them. As more oil keeps pouring, it gets clogged in the pores even more and then becomes hardened when it reacts with air forming blackheads. These blackheads may make you look weak and tired and the only solution is to take regular skincare, so that they don’t come back.
Some natural ayurvedic treatments of blackheads which you can follow-
Use Tomato Paste- The easiest option is applying tomatoes on the affected area. They have antiseptic ingredients which have a good impact on your blackheads. Apply some tomato pulp on your skin and leave it overnight. Wash the face in the morning with lukewarm water and see the results.
Mashed Potatoes- Mash some raw potatoes and rub it on the affected area. Keep it on as a mask and then wash it off. Regular usage of this will heal the skin and reduce the problem of blackheads greatly.
Oatmeal Powder and Rose Water Mix- Mix oatmeal powder and rose water and leave it on the area prone to blackheads for 15-20 minutes. Rinse it with cold water. Regular usage should show results quite quickly.
Lemon Juice– Lemon juices are effective in killing blackheads. However they may make your skin quite dry. Hence use groundnut oil to dilute it and keep the skin hydrated. Use this mixture on your face and wash after 15 minutes.
Apple Cider Vinegar and Cornstarch– These is an excellent combination to get rid of blackheads. You can apply it on your face, keep it overnight and then wash it off with warm water soaked in a soft cloth.
These are some of the natural Ayurvedic tips to get rid of your blackheads. In order to make sure that they don’t recur, drink lots of water to flush out the toxins. Clean your skin regularly with a mild face wash regularly. It is also important to ensure that your lifestyle remains healthy and balanced or else these problems may keep coming back. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions! In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Swelling or edema of the legs and hands is a very common condition and can be due to various types and reasons. The medical term is peripheral edema, the arms and legs being the peripheries. It is often due to fluid retention and in some cases, could also be due to blockage of fluid movement or excessive fluid in the body.
It can also be sudden or gradual – swelling that happens suddenly is usually due to prolonged standing or walking which leads to poor venous return. Gradual swelling is more a cause for concern and implies underlying disease.
At a cellular level, there is leakage of fluid into the surrounding tissue, which causes puffiness. In order for the kidneys to maintain fluid balance, they accumulate more fluid, which gets into a vicious cycle with both intracellular and extracellular fluid accumulation.
There are many causes for edema, but the following could be specific to vascular issues.
- Prolonged sitting or standing: When there is long periods of inactivity due to sitting with feet down or standing, there is fluid accumulation in the feet. Over a period of time, it could also affect the valve function and worsen the condition, causing it to be a chronic issue. Let's take a look at some of the common causes:
- Pregnancy: The hormones lead to overall body fluid retention, and so feet swelling is very common with pregnancy. The good news is that it subsides soon after delivery.
- Blood clots in the legs can affect blood flow, leading to swelling
- Heart failure
- Varicose veins, where there is a vascular issue leading to swelling
- Liver cirrhosis, which causes ascites and feet swelling as the main symptoms
- Lymphedema: Any improper lymph circulation also leads to hand and feet swelling
- Any tumor or infection along the path of circulation can lead to fluid accumulation, due to impaired blood/lymphatic flow.
- Skin gets stretched, shiny, and loses hair
- There could be dimpling, where if the skin is pressed for about 10 seconds and released, it could take time to return to normal
- Stiffness of the surrounding joints
- Weight gain
- Fullness of nearby veins
- Increased blood pressure
Treatment: This would depend on the cause of the edema.
- In transient cases, lifting the legs up often helps in release of the edema.
- Underlying liver or heart conditions need to be treated to relieve the edema. Diuretics, which promote expelling of fluid from the body, are often used to reduce edema.
- The infection or tumor or growth along the path of the blood vessels tree needs to be treated either with medications or surgery.
- In cases where there are vascular issues, surgery may be required.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Kidney problems, although take a longer time to develop, they end up being silent killers. There are no obvious signs for months and the symptoms crop up when it's rather late.
Many younger people these days are getting diagnosed with kidney problems. This is primarily due to drinking alcohol, smoking, bad eating habits and a sedentary lifestyle. About 60% people who have diabetes or hypertension develop kidney problems eventually.
Therefore, it is advised to be aware of what harms your kidneys and take adequate care to keep them healthy.
Watch out for any of these symptoms early on.
1. Urine Color - This is probably the first symptom and unfortunately affects many people around us. With the way our lifestyles are, this is becoming an increasing concern. Urine becomes dark and there is a need to urinate yet, one is unable to do so.
2. Urine Infection - Second would be when you feel pain or difficulty while urinating. The infections in the urinary tract induce their symptoms of pain or burning during urination. If this infection spreads to the kidneys, one can feel pain in the back.
3. Blood In Urine - If there is blood in your urine, it is a sign of renal illness. While this could be happening because of various reasons, it is advisable to see your doctor soon.
4. Water Retention - The function of the kidney is to take out the extra liquid and the waste from our body. When this process is not smooth, water will stay back and cause your face, limbs and/or ankle joints to swell.
5. Weakness - Severe exhaustion would mean minimized oxygen being delivered to the cells, causing weakness in general. This is also one of the symptoms that your kidney needs medical attention.
6. Temperature Variance - If your kidney is unwell, one of the symptoms is that you will feel the chill even when the temperature is actually warm.
7. Skin Breakout - Since an unfit kidney means waste in the body is piling up, it causes the skin to break out and cause severe irritation and rashes.
8. Rise of Blood Urea Level - When the kidney is unwell, it increases the level of urea in the blood. This causes breakdown of the urea into ammonia in the spit, causes it to smell foul, like urine/metal.
9. Nausea - Waste accumulating in the blood adds up to causing nausea and vomiting.
10. Breathlessness - One can also feel the lack of breath if the condition of the kidney worsens.
11. Discomfort or Pain - Some people have been known to have bodily pains, an instant discomfort that spreads from the lower back to the groin. This usually means that there is a stone in the kidney. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Smoking can affect your health in all respects, and it is no different when it comes to your heart. Smokers are almost twice as likely to have heart problems compared to individuals who do not smoke.
How does smoking cast an impact on your cardiac health?
Smoking increases the risk of developing various kinds of cardiovascular issues such as stroke and coronary heart disease. It damages the lining of the arteries which, in turn, paves the way for building up of fatty substances called atheroma which narrows down the artery. This may lead to heart attack, stroke, and angina.
Tobacco contains carbon monoxide which reduces the amount of oxygen in the blood. This indicates that the heart has to work harder for supplying the required amount of oxygen. Cigarettes also contain nicotine which stimulates the production of adrenaline. This instigates the heart to beat at a faster pace and raises the blood pressure.
The chemicals present in the smoke of tobacco can harm your blood cells and retard the normal functioning of the heart. When not inhibited, it can lead to atherosclerosis. Atherosclerosis is an ailment in which a waxy material, termed as plaque builds up in the arteries and limits the flow of blood to different parts of the body.
When plaque builds up for a long span of time, it causes coronary heart disease, and you are likely to experience symptoms such as heart failure, chest pain, heart attack, arrhythmia and heart failure and even death.
Smoking is a major risk factor for another fatal ailment called the peripheral artery disease or PAD. PAD is a clinical condition where the accumulation of plaque in the arteries inhibits carriage of oxygen-rich blood to the head, different organs, and limbs.
With regular smoking, the blood is more susceptible to clotting which surges the risk of having a stroke or heart attack.
Is there any effect of second-hand smoking?
Second-hand smoking, also referred to as passive smoking means inhaling the smoke ejected while smoking. When a person is regularly exposed to smoke, he or she is likely to have low levels of good cholesterol, damaged heart tissues, and high blood pressure. Various researchers are of the opinion that second-hand smoke of tobacco is a viable cause of heart ailments in nonsmokers. This means, if you are a smoker, you are definite to harm the members of your surroundings.
Why should you quit smoking?
One of the best ways to decrease the risk of having cardiac ailments is to stop smoking. In case you have never smoked, you should never think of starting it for the same reason. You should also try to avoid second-hand smoke by avoiding going to a smoking zone. It would be a great idea to avoid the company of smokers for the periods when they are smoking.
Stay away from smoking for your heart health. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
The spine or the backbone is responsible for the fluid movement of the body, especially standing, bending, and sideways movement. It also is an important part of the nervous system and carries multiple nerves to the lower part of the body. The lower spine has sacral and iliac vertebrae, which have disks between the vertebral bones where these nerves are located. With age, infection, tumors, or injury, this soft tissue becomes hardened and get the bones to fuse. This is a type of arthritis known as ankylosing spondylitis and limits movement between the disks.
Causes: With age, the soft vertebral tissue gradually hardens. There is a genetic component also to this, so it runs in families. In addition, infection or tumors of the spine and injuries involving the spine can also lead to this condition.
Symptoms: When AS ankylosing spondylitis (AS) onsets, there is usually morning pain and stiffness in the low back and upper buttocks. The intensity of this gradually reduces over the course of the day. The range of movement also is reduced, with bending, stooping, and sideward movement becoming gradually difficult. It is believed that people with AS have an overactive immune system, and homeopathy helps by suppressing this activity. A homeopath will have a detailed discussion with the patient and based on the presenting symptoms, an appropriate product would be prescribed.
- Aesculus: The patient would have extremely painful and stiff low back and hips. It would be constant ache with walking and stooping, and it is not easy to rise from a sitting position. The patient also feels that the legs would give way, making them hesitant to walk.
- Rhus Tox: When the patient presents with low back pain that is present at rest, with sitting and inactivity, Rhus is usually preferred. The pain improves with activity and movement and radiates down the legs all the way to the foot.
- Kali Carb: If the patient presents with extreme weakness also and feels like a paralytic attack, as if the back is broken. The patient feels the symptoms are worse in the morning and changing position in bed.
- Kalmia: If the patient has pain associated with a prickly, numbing sensation, then this is used. There also could be burning sensation. The pain appears in bursts in the late evening and early night hours and could also go down the legs or up into the neck.
As with any other disease, homeopathy looks at the person holistically and treats the symptoms. The patient should not go for self-medication based on some reading and friends’ suggestions. Each person is unique in terms of symptoms and treatment, and so the doctor is the best person to decide the appropriate medicine. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) is a mental disorder with side effects of enthusiastic fits like sudden, wild and eccentric emotional episodes and scenes. Individuals experiencing BPD are unreliable about their picture and character and face trouble in keeping up a steady mental self-image and interpersonal connections. This issue is generally acquired by different variables like domestic mishandle, youth disregard and absence of affection from the parents in there young age.
Some of the most common symptoms of BPD include:
- Fear of rejection
- Unsteady and short-term relationships
- Poor self-image
- Tendency to cause self-harm
Here are some of the homeopathic solutions for treating BPD with varying signs and symptoms:
- BPD with sudden burst of outrage: Chamomilla is among the top common homeopathic medications for patients of BPD who usually get furious and irritated, without considering the sentiments of the other people. The sudden upheavals of outrage on account of inconsistency or when the sentiments are harmed can be best cured by homeopathic solution Chamomilla. This cure is also of great help to patients who believe that they cannot remain calm. It is useful for the people who need to do everything according to their desire and get irritated if their desire is not satisfied.
- BPD with sudden emotional episodes: Crocus Sativus is the most basic homeopathic medication for sudden mind-set changes in patients of BPD. The patient has a sudden and regular change in feelings from outrageous reactions to misery. The patient requiring the homeopathic drug Crocus Sativus is blissful and warm in one minute and the very next minute, he or she suddenly blasts out into outrage. The patient soon feels frustrated about their conduct. Homeopathic medicine Valeriana is additionally useful for managing sudden emotional episodes in patients of BPD.
- BPD with symptoms of touchiness: Sepia is a fantastic homeopathic drug for BPD patients who get disturbed over no reason and feel anxious. Just their own particular assessment matters for such patients and they cannot stand to be restricted. Another side effect alongside fractiousness for this homeopathic prescription to be used is a feeling of dislike towards family and being repelled for any work, be it mental or physical.
- BPD patients with ruinous and hasty conduct: Nux Vomica is the top characteristic homeopathic solution to manage any hasty conduct of BPD patients who are delicate and need to constrain things as they feel. In case they are restricted, such patients have dangerous driving forces like the motivation to crush their significant other, to tear things and to toss their child. If someone invades their space, they can take severe actions to claim that space back. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!