Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dt. Ms. Sj MonikaYour feedback matters!
What is the difference losing inches and losing weight. How inches can be lose faster she is following a deit plan doing workout neither she is having any medical problems like thyroid or other but still not able to lose inches and weight, her body is too much lose due to fat stored .she is 5 feet 4 inch and 65 kg she wants to reduce to 55.
Hello doctor, I am 38 year old. In Last one year I gain 16 k.g weight .and my other problems is my whole day feeling lazy and tiredness. So please suggest.
- a person suffering from insomnia wakes up often during night and have trouble in going back to sleep again.
- or wakes up too early in morning
- or failure to maintain sleep
- or difficulty in falling asleep or the person goes late to sleep and feels very tired after waking uo.
Types of insomia- insomnia can be primary or secondary
Primary insomnia- when the sleeplessness is not associated with any kind of health problem it is termed as primary insomnia.
Secondary insomnia- when sleeplessness is associated with some health related problem like depression, asthma, arthritis, cancers it is said to be secondary insomnia.
Insomnia can be acute which is short lasting, where the problem last for one night to few weeks. Or it may be chronic which may last for 3 nights a week for a month or longer.
Some sleep disorders are caused by physical problems, the treatment of which can make sleeplessness disappear. Some are caused by medications and can be resolved by a change of prescriprion. Still others are caused by poor sleep habbits, such as too much napping which can be broken with education and efforts.
Below are some helpful hints for getting a good night rests:-
1. Maintain a regular sleep schedule. Getting up at the same time every morning synchronises the body's biological clock.
2. Keep the bedroom for sleeping. Don not read, watch tv or eat in bed.
3. If you do not fall asleep within 20 mins of going to bed, get up and read or listen to quite music untill you get sleepy.
4. Limit daytime naps.
5. Take 20-30 minutes warm bath before bed.
6. Drink a glass of milk just before bed.(warm or cold)
7. Avoid caffeinated beverages and chocolate in the afternoon and evening.
8. Don't drink alcohol before bed time. It can cause sleeplessness at night.
9. Exercise during the day but not before going to bed.
10. According to Dr. Anna wriz - justice leader of the research team at psychiatric university clinic of chronobiology ans sleep laboratory, switzerland, keeping the hands and feet warm in cold bedroom induces sleep quickly.
I am 25 year old and weight about 42 Kg. What should be my diet plan and exercise schedule to increase my weight?
Hi Doctor, from the past many weeks I am finding myself very irritated. My patience level have gone to zero. I am often hungry and can't enjoy a sound sleep as 100s of thoughts keep circling in the mind. I am finding myself guilty in many situations because I argue on small things shout at others because of silly reasons and I could not control my anger. I have read it on multiple sites that I should try yoga and some exercise and I have started going on morning walk as soon as I return from the office along with my wife as I found myself uncomfortable with yoga and it's been two weeks but I am yet to see positive symptoms.
Hi doctor, I has take a medical check up . Problem detected below. DIRECT LDL CHOLESTEROL - 131 MG/ DL CREATININE (SPECTROPHOTOMETRY)- 0.07 MG/DL BILIRUBIN, TOTAL - 1.10 MG/DL HYDEROXYVITAMIN D - 25.86 NG/ML please suggest as per above results. My age is 27 years old.
Diabetes or diabetes mellitus is a collection of disorders that affect the way blood sugar is used by your body. A healthy blood sugar level is very important as it provides energy for the necessary bodily functions. Diabetes results in increased glucose levels in the blood. Diabetes is classified into two types:
Type 1 Diabetes: In this type, the immune system of the body destroys cells that produce insulin, thus resulting in lesser insulin production.
Type 2 Diabetes: In Type 2 diabetes, the body is not able to use the insulin as a result of increased resistance to insulin and definite deficiency in insulin, thus resulting in high blood glucose levels.
The symptoms of diabetes are:
You may feel thirsty frequently.
Excessive and frequent bouts of hunger.
Presence of ketones (byproduct of muscle and fat breakdown) in the urine.
Sores take a longer time to heal.
You become vulnerable to various infections because of the weakening of the immune system.
The causes for Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes are different. In case of type 1 diabetes, the immune system of the body kills cells in the pancreas that produce insulin. This results in shortage of insulin in the body, resulting in high blood sugar levels.
In Type 2 Diabetes, the cells in the body turn resistant to insulin. The exact cause of this is not known, but genetic factors, being overweight, inactivite and other environmental factors can trigger this disorder.
The treatment options for diabetes are:
Exercise: Exercise is an effective remedy to lower your blood sugar levels as it helps in transporting sugar into the cells for energy. You can include cardiovascular activities such as running and swimming in your workout regimen.
Insulin Therapy: Insulin therapy involves injecting insulin into the body to reduce blood sugar levels. It can be injected by using an insulin pen or an insulin pump.
Oral Medications: Oral medications may be prescribed to stimulate the pancreas to boost insulin production. Certain medications can also inhibit excess glucose release from the liver.
Pancreas Transplant: In some cases, pancreas transplant is advised to replace the faulty pancreas with a good one that produces insulin in sufficient quantity. Although, it's a rare possibility and does not correct already caused damage to eyes, kidney or nerves.
- Diet: Diet is another important aspect of the treatment plan that plays an important role in controlling diabetes. Avoid foods that contain simple sugars as they tend to raise your blood sugar levels. Rather, include complex carbohydrates in your diet such as beans, vegetables and whole grains. Special emphasis should be put on green vegetables. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an endocrinologist.