Lybrate.com has top trusted Dietitian/Nutritionists from across India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dt. Mrs. Gazna Akeel
Submit a review for Dt. Mrs. Gazna AkeelYour feedback matters!
Hi, I need a medicine for appetite issues. My mom is not feeling hungry hence unable to eat anything properly. Please advice a medicine which can increase her appetite, she is 68 years old.
How can i reduce my weight and sugar level in making the habit for eating sugar less tea but I like sugared tea. Please tell me.
Q. 1 How to gain fit weight & body? What is best trick to I can get it. Q. 2 How to get pimples free skins? Give me some ideas.
I am suffering from type 2 diabetes from past 2.5 yrs. I got gestational diabetes from 5th month which continued. I am taking Glycomet trio 2 tablet --500 mg one in morning and one in evening. From past few weeks I have noticed that my sugar is not in control. Morning fasting sugar is around 200 and pp is 285. Kindly advise. I feel the medicine is not working at all for me.
I am so slim I am 18 years old. I feel so disappointed with my body. My friends laugh on me. Please help. Please.
I am 24 years old and weight 50 kgs. I want to increase my weight with out side effects. Please give me suggestions.
I am 28 years female and undergone vaginal delivery 3 months back. I am still feeding my baby. How can I go back to shape with flat tummy as before.
My wife is 58 years old, she is having pain in left leg, starting from hip joint down to lower leg, from past 1 month. Also, difficulty in walking, standing for long, trouble sleeping at night. Kindly suggest medication or any other treatment. Thanks.
Need suggestions to improve energy levels and mental alertness without increasing Blood pressure for my 87 years old mother.
1. I am a boy of 19 and I am suffering from weakness problem, I never feel like" mard. I am not able to say some words in front of a group of known or unknown people but the same thing I can speak with confident in phone. I am also too thin and I want to become physically strong and a good healthy figure (little fat). Please tell me the solution what should I do. 2. One more thing, whenever I seat with some girl in contact with her, and think of sex, Before doing anything my sperm comes out with just assassination of sex. I think this problem is due to weakness only. Please tell me proper solution to be physically very strong. 3. I have also problem of digestion of food. Mujhe clear latrine nhi hoti h. Aur bhookh bhi nhi lgti h. Please tell me a suitable solution so that I can be free of all these problems. I am suffering from these problem since childhood only. My parents is not educated and belongs to lower class and never taken any actions for me before. I am currently a graduation student. Please help me.
For reduction in body weight ,how many eggs to be eaten as breakfast. Whether taken as boiled eggs or omelet and whether yellow yolk can be eaten or not.
Diabetes is a state where the body suffers from lack of energy due to poor metabolic state. This is construed as depression in many patients as they already feel lethargic and subdued. The fatigued state of body in diabetes can be alleviated by exercise which raises endorphins - substances which are released in the body especially by exercise - providing us the necessary elation so much necessary for our recovery
Managing diabetes may make a person feel alone and set apart from their friends and family due to the number of dietary restrictions they need to follow. Additionally, if the person has trouble controlling their blood sugar level, it may make him frustrated and anxious. Over time, these negative emotions can build up into depression.
Depression can make a person lose his sense of purpose and can make regular tasks feel like too much to handle. Thus, a depressed person may stop taking care of himself. The lack of energy can lead to a loss of appetite or unhealthy snacking. This can trigger fluctuations in blood sugar levels that worsen diabetes.
Thus, depression and diabetes have a cyclic relationship. The good news is that these two diseases can be treated together and managing one of these diseases can have a positive effect on the other as well.
Here are a few ways to treat diabetes and depression:
- Regular Exercise: Regular exercise is very beneficial towards treating, both depression and diabetes. Exercise helps regulate blood sugar levels and hence can help control diabetes. It also helps in reducing excess weight, which can enhance your self image and make you feel happier. Simultaneously, it also releases endorphins or the 'feel good' brain chemical. This can help alleviate depression symptoms.
- A Balanced Diet: A balanced diet is essential for good health and can help manage, both these disorders. Along with a balanced diet, there is also a need to abstain from snacking between meals. Reducing the amount of sugar in your meals helps stabilize blood sugar level and control fluctuations. Stable blood sugar level keep a person from becoming increasingly anxious and can thus prevent depression.
- Restful Sleep: A good night's sleep can treat, both diabetes and depression. If you have proper sleep, you will awake feeling refreshed and energetic. This positive energy balances the negativity of depression, lowers the urge to snack and helps in stabilizing blood sugar level.
- Psychotherapy: Psychotherapy or in particular cognitive behavioral therapy has been proven beneficial towards treating depression. This in turn gives a person the motivation needed to manage his diabetes as well.
Here are symptoms, type, effects, and Treatments of Diabetes
Hi, to all the viewers. I am Dr. Hardik Thakker, an M. D. physician practicing from Mumbai. I would like to take this opportunity to talk about diabetes mellitus, As you all know, diabetes is a very common lifestyle disorder that we see in India. In fact, 7.1% of the adult Indian population is afflicted by this disease. If you go by world ranking, India ranks 1 as per the total number of diabetic patients in India followed by China and the United States. So this number by itself shows the burden of the disease.
Now, what I commonly see in our practice is there are a lot of newly diagnosed patients who do not have any symptoms but they have just done a random sugar check and are diagnosed to have diabetes. So the moral of the story is that one does not need to have symptoms. Typically, a diabetic would have a history of increased urination, increase of water intake, weight gain or weight loss. Sometimes, they may develop complications like eye issues, peripheral neuropathy which is tingling and numbness in the nerves and sometimes they come with foot ulcers but a majority of the patients are asymptomatic. So, a sincere request to all the viewers to have your sugars checked once a year at least just to be sure that you are not missing out on your own disease.
Now, I am going to speak about the types of diabetes, why does it happen and what are the things that happen in diabetes. There is Type 1 diabetes which is found in people less than 20 years of age, and then there is autoimmune destruction of the pancreas because of which the secretion of insulin is not there and hence the sugars are high. These patients need only insulin and there are no medications for them. The second and the most common type is Type 2 diabetes which you will find in people above 40 years of age. The typical age in Mumbai or in India for that matter is 42 years which is the age of presentation and they usually treated with medications and sometimes with add-on insulin.
There is a third uncommon variant called the MODY which is Mode Dematurity Onset Diabetes which also needs insulin and it has some autoimmune disorders and genetic predispositions. In diabetes, there are sugars present in the blood in very high amounts which damages a lot of your organs. For example, the most common organ is the nerve. So it leads to neuropathy, people get tingling and numbness in the nerves. Also, another most common organ is the heart. Diabetes can cause blockages in the heart which leads to heart attack. The third common is the eye, specially the retina. It causes retinopathy and people have decreased vision and sometimes they see floaters in the eyes.
Fourth, most common complication is the foot ulcer. We do not want people to have these complications and hence the reason to diagnose and treat early and eat right. With regard to lifestyle management, I would sincerely request diabetic patients to have a brisk walk for 30 minutes every day. This by itself will increase your insulin sensitivity and help you to decrease the dose. Second thing is eating healthy which makes a huge difference to your sugar levels, to have a very low calorie meal, specifically avoid sugars and exercise. So, that is all I would like to say on diabetes.
If you wish to contact me further or would like to consult with me in private, I would request you to go to my website which is www.drhardikthakker.com and you can even get in touch with me through lybrate.com. Thank you very much for your time.Type diabetes