Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dt. Anitha.Kotiyal
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dt. Anitha.KotiyalYour feedback matters!
I am female 23 years old, height 157 cms, weight 80 kg, I am really frustrated with my weight, please suggest me a healthy lifestyle, healthy diet, and how to incorporate intermittent fasting so as to loose weight gradually. I am a vegetarian.
I am going to school n eating healthy food but I am not gaining health and weight please help and give medications.
Diet for ovarian cyst treatment
Foods to eat
- Soy: soy foods like tofu, miso and tempeh; as well as beans, lentils, cauliflower and broccoli can help control estrogen levels.
- Indole-3-carbinol (i3c): eat more foods rich in i3c which helps eliminate excess hormones from the body. These include cabbage, brussels sprouts, broccoli and cauliflower.
- Magnesium rich foods like almonds, bananas, prunes, cashew nuts and broccoli help to reduce painful cramps associated with ovarian cysts.
- Dandelion coffee: a herbal substitute for coffee, helps support the liver so that it can remove excess hormones more easily.
- Omega-3: eat foods rich in omega-3 essential fatty acids because they help control hormone disruptions as well as insulin resistance (linked to pcos). Good options include flax seeds (linseeds), oil fish (salmon, anchovies, sardines, mackerel and herring) and hemp seeds.
- Go organic: stick to organic foods as much as possible as pesticides can disrupt hormone balances. Peel all vegetables and fruit if they are not organic.
Foods to avoid
- Alcohol: reduce your intake of alcohol as it can elevate estrogen levels. If you do want to have a drink, red wine is the best option.
- Wheat: eat fewer wheat products because wheat contains phytic acid which binds minerals like magnesium and zinc, both of which are essential for hormone balance and preventing cramps.
- Caffeine: cut back on caffeine products, coffee, sodas, chocolate, energy drinks and tea because it can disrupt hormones.
- Sugar: avoid refined sugar, that is, the sort of sugar found in cakes, pastries, candy and cookies because it plays havoc with hormones.
- Other related resources: alternative treatment for endometriosis and natural treatment for pcos. Both conditions are characterized by excess estrogen levels, and natural therapies are aimed at restoring hormone balance.
Supplements and remedies
B-vitamins: take a good b-vitamin supplement as it is helps to balance blood sugar and hormone levels. If you already take a multi-vitamin, check it’s b-vitamin content. If it is a good formula, it should contain 100 percent of your daily b vitamin dosage, so there is no need to buy an additional supplement.
Herbs: talk to a chinese herbalist - a cinnamon and rehmannia combination is a traditional treatment in china for ovarian cysts. The traditional recipe contains 30g of rehmannia, 9g of antler gelatin, 3g of cinnamon bark, 2g roasted ginger, 6g of sinapis, 2g of ma-huang and 3g of licorice.
- Weight loss: if you are overweight, lose a few pounds. Studies continually show that moderate weight loss helps to correct hormone imbalances and improves the chance of conception in women with fertility problems. See, can ovarian cysts cause infertility?
- Water: drink filtered water only. Tap water usually contains chemicals which can affect hormone levels. Also, be sure to check out our list of books on
- Women's health for a healthy lifestyle.
- Plastic toxins: avoid cooking food in plastic containers. And above all avoid heating food in plastic containers in the microwave - always transfer the food to a glass bowel first. This is because the heating process releases toxic chemicals (dioxins) in the plastic which seep into your food.
- Stress: find ways to relax. Stress contributes to major hormone fluctuations - try adding rose, geranium or agnus castus essential oils to your bath. If you need a little motivation, read about the dangers of stress in women.
- Chemicals: remove chemicals from the house and use biodegradable products instead.
- Contraceptive choice: if you are thinking of using the coil, read our article first: does the coil increase the risk of ovarian cysts?