Lybrate.com has top trusted Endocrinologists from across India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Whab Zubair
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Whab ZubairYour feedback matters!
Diabetes is not an isolated disease but a syndrome. It brings with it a host of issues, affecting almost all organs, and that is the reason it is a dreaded issue. Diabetes is the result of chronic inflammation and this inflammation gradually spreads to all other organs. One of the main organs adversely affected is the kidneys. The kidneys are essential filtration agents, and impaired kidney function can have a series of bad effects on the body.
The good news is that not everybody with diabetes will have diabetic nephropathy. However, risk factors for developing diabetic nephropathy are:
- Severe, uncontrolled diabetes
- Family history
- Prior kidney disease, even chronic infection
- Race or ethnicity (native Americans, African Americans, etc.)
- Preexisting hypertension or high cholesterol levels
If you have these risk factors, then all efforts should be aimed at keeping blood sugar at highly optimal level. Once it reaches beyond a certain level, it is very difficult to get it under control.
There would be no symptoms in the initial stages
- If you suspect that increased sugar levels could be damaging the kidneys, it is imperative to do renal functions annually to test for onset of kidney malfunction
- There could be swelling of the feet and ankles
- Urine tests may indicate increased levels of protein in the body (serum albumin in particular)
The idea is to arrest or stop damage to the kidneys.
- Reduce and maintain blood pressure within the recommended levels. This will depend on the age and overall health status. Using angiotensin converting enzymes or angiotensin receptor blockers is the most effective way to control hypertension and related kidney damage
- Keeping blood sugar within the recommended levels helps reduce or stop damage to the blood vessels in the kidneys and thereby, prevent progression
- Maintain optimal levels of cholesterol, as this only adds to hypertension, which further worsens kidney function.
- Eat a heart-healthy diet and exercise regularly. It is a vicious cycle with components including hypertension, high sugar levels, increased heart disease, which all only continues in a circle nonstop. Breaking this cyclical trend is very important.
- Diet should not be too rich in protein, as the kidney function is impaired and may not be able to handle too much protein. Talk to a nutritionist as to how much protein is required and follow it strictly.
- Reduce salt levels in the diet, and strictly do not add extra salt onto your plate
- If you are a smoker, this is a great reason to quit, as it affects all the above conditions.
- Maintain weight under optimal levels. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an endocrinologist.
Hello doctor M suffering from hypothyroidism due to this my weight gaining could you please me in this. And kindly prescribe diet also and medicine too.
My mom has diabetes and she has always pain in their foot what precautions we have to take to control her diabetes,
How to recognize blood sugar high without blood test. What should be the precaution if want to avoided high blood sugar.
I need to buy a blood glucose monitor at home for monitoring diabetes. Which is the best painless device available?
My mom having diabetics so she is using insulin but now diabetics is 300 mg/dL, how to reduce this level and what to eat for reducing this level pls help.
Hello doctor, My father is diabetic. Now his diabetes PP figure is 250 (approx). He is suffering from Malaria vivax. We have completed 3 days course of chloroquine 250 mg with ziffy 200 and dolo 650. But only for one day it came down to 98.5 .after that is varying between 99.5 and 102. Please advise what to do next.
Sir I am suffering from sugar? From so long time period it is creating a lot of problem in my life. Konw my sugar level is 185. What should I do to get free from this diabetes. Please help me sir.
I am 19 years old girl. I have a heavy weight problem. I want to reduce my weight. Just for this my heavy weight I am suffering from Thyroid problem. So please tell me that how could I reduce my weight fast?
I am 26 Years old male sir please tell me I am suffering from sugar from last month please tell me what I do?
I am 31 year old male and suffering from severe ankle pain every day in the morning since one year. I am not diabetic. Kindly tell what would be the reason and suggest medicine.
Have grape fruit juice three times a day or a tablespoon of amla juice mixed with a cup of karela juice or eat 10 fresh curry leaves. Don't eat too much of carrots, peas, beans, sweet potato, beet root, bananas, dry fruits, or mango raisins.
Deat plenty of curd or drink a glass of water with 2 teaspoons of honey.
Mesh a ripe banana, along with one tablespoon of honey, and eat it twice a day, oor take 1/2 teaspoon of ginger juice with one teaspoon of fresh lime and mint. The juice of bel fruit is also good for the lever.
Squeeze half a lemon in one glass of hot water and drink it 8 to 10 times a day. Having lemon juice gives your body vitamin c, whichthat is valuable. Massage your joints with neem oil.
Swallow 2 flakes of garlic daily. High blood pressure can be cured by daily intake of 1/4 teaspoon of pepper powder mixed with 1/4 cup of curd on an empty stomach.
High cholesterol and heart diseases:
Grind dried amlas to a fine powder. Mix an equal weight of sugar candy (mishri) and store in a glass bottle. Have one teaspoon every morning with a glass of water on an empty stomach.