Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Endocrinologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vishnu PriyaYour feedback matters!
Am a diabetic and under medication. My blood sugar fasting is 111 and post lunch is 187. Please advice the reasons for too much spiking.
I have a thyroid but thyroid is 6.2 level, and weight is too low, I measure my wight last 2 days ago, it is 39, so please help me what should I do?
Dear Doctor, I am 55 years old male. Having diabetics. Last month my BP was 160/100 and doctor advised medicines. I have reduced intake of salts and also walking 30 minutes. What else i can do keep BP in check . Like anybody my wish is to avoid medicines
I am a diabetic, taking medicine and insulin to control my sugar level. I am using toned milk, can I take full cream milk instead of toned milk? Is there any disadvantages of taking full cream milk for diabetic patient. Please clarify it! Thanks, A.P.Singh.
I am suffering from diabetics type 2,cervical neck pain & weather change allergy from last 10 years. My age is 65 years & I am a working professional. Recently , glucoma is detected. Please. Advise medicines.
I have thyroid problem due to which my neck has swollen I am going to get married next month my age is 24 years will I face any problem in pregnancy can medicine help me.
What is the better way to control the diabetes and what are the exercises? What is the food should be taken?
He is diabetic type 2patient and taking jalra m 50/1000 mg for 3 months. Is it safe for him and what should diet for him and his sugar level appx 180/238.
My wife Shalini is 5'4" and weighs 77 kg. Inspite of regular walks, yoga and exercises and keeping deit in control, she is not loosing wait, she don't have thyroid. And how to reduce her breast size, she is having 40 D size which becomes very uncomfortable to wear dresses. Please advise.
I am 38 years old and diabetic. I just want to know is there any permanent cure of diabetes in homeopathy?
Recently I had joint pain in knee, shoulder. My height is 167cm, weight is 60kg. Doctor advised me to check Serum uric acid. Serum uric acid level-8.7.(fasting. What is the reason behind high uric acid level. What I have to do to maintain uric acid within limit without any medication. To improve weight I am taking 100gms peanut daily. May I continue?
Diabetes is a chronic metabolic disorder that results in higher levels of blood sugars in the body. It is assuming epidemic proportions, and India has become the new diabetic capital with more than 50 million diabetic people. The main problem with diabetes is it does not completely go away, and there is a whole myriad of issues that it brings along with it. Heart attacks, strokes, eyesight problems, delayed wound healing, nerve damage and impotence. Therefore, diabetes and by that we mainly mean blood sugar levels have to be managed so that there is delay in onset of the associated conditions and/or reduced in severity.
Ayurveda refers to diabetes as Prameha (excessive urination) and Madhumeha (sugary urine) and has identified close to 20 forms of the disease. According to Ayurvedic belief, each disease is caused due to imbalance in kapha, pitta, and vata doshas and diabetes is caused by all these, predominantly by kapha.
With any stream of medicine, management of diabetes involves two tracks - one is lifestyle changes and the second is medications.
Lifestyle changes include the following:
- Diet: Reduce the amount of rice, sugar, potato, sweet fruits, maida, deep fried foods, and red meat. Protein-rich foods like lentils, soya, green leafy vegetables and fish should be increased. Diet plan should change to small, frequent meals instead of binge eating.
- Exercise: Include 30 minutes of regular exercise into your daily routine if you have a diabetic predisposition.
- Others: Avoid smoking and alcohol, ensure sufficient sleep, avoid sleeping during day time, improved foot and eye care, periodically check sugar levels, and manage stress levels.
Ayurveda has a whole lot of home remedies proven to be very effective against diabetes.
- Jambhul: Eugenia Jambolana whether eaten raw or juice extract has been shown to have beneficial effects in managing sugar levels and cholesterol.
- Gymnema sylvestre: Used to manage diabetes for over 2000 years, it reduces sugar cravings and is being touted as the future for diabetes treatment.
- Bitter gourd (Momordica charantia): It has 3 components that give it strong antidiabetic properties. The charantin reduces blood sugar levels; the polypeptide has insulin-like effects; and lectin that again has hypoglycemic effects.
- Bel (Aegle marmelos): Also known as wood apple, leaves of the plant are shown to have antidiabetic properties. 5 to 10 leaves can be chewed on a daily basis to help control blood sugar levels.
- Fenugreek (Trigonella foenum graecum): Consuming 10 g of fenugreek seeds soaked in water increases the amount of insulin produced, thereby increasing sugar breakdown.
- Neem: Chewing about 4 to 5 leaves in the morning on an empty stomach helps to control blood sugar levels. Alternately, neem leaves powder is available which can be dissolved in water and consumed. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.